AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 03:35   Link #1981
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So your saying that Ougi has the gun and his going to threaten the world with it?

For Sakuradite to do all that then Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Cornelia, would have to allow Ougi to use the Sakuradite as a monopoly, Japan's growth is in rebuilding its shattered infrastructure due to the previous 2 wars, and in training the Japanese into things like electronics like the real world Japanese.
Since you link trying to insert real-world comparisons, I'll put it this way: if someone blew up Sacramento, would California's economy fall apart? No. It would have a rough time, but it would stabilize. Same goes for Japan for the loss of a single, Britannian-populated city center.

Sakuradite is a valuable resource, and having the world's largest supply means everyone will be buying from them for the most part. It's a cash cow, regardless of how it's used politically. You're trying to make it into something sinister when it only becomes that through other means. What it is at its base level never changes.

Japan's infrastructure is not shattered, as Lelouch so elegantly explains in Stage 9. In fact, Britannia has left it better off than it ever was. You assume too little of the Japanese. Japanese people run the sakuradite mines, Japanese people can become Honorary Britannians and get semi-decent jobs, etc. They're not idiots.

Again you assume the worst of everything with absolutely no evidence to back it up, just to satisfy your desire to see the Code Geass world go to hell in a handbasket.
Old 2008-10-18, 03:43   Link #1982
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Since you link trying to insert real-world comparisons, I'll put it this way: if someone blew up Sacramento, would California's economy fall apart? No, and neither will Japan's for the loss of a single city.

Sakuradite is a valuable resource, and having the world's largest supply means everyone will be buying from them for the most part. It's a cash cow, regardless of how it's used politically. You're trying to make it into something sinister when it only becomes that through other means. What it is at its base level never changes.

Japan's infrastructure is not shattered, as Lelouch so elegantly explains in Stage 9. In fact, Britannia has left it better off than it ever was. You allow assume too little of the Japanese. Japanese people run the sakuradite mines, Japanese people can become Honorary Britannians and get semi-decent jobs, etc.

Again you assume the worst of everything with absolutely no evidence to back it up, just to satisfy your desire to see the Code Geass world go to hell in a handbasket.
The richest people in California don't live in Sacremento, also the wealth in California is spread out quite well between San Francisco, Beverly Hills, and Los Angelos. The wealth in Japan was centered in the Kyoto group (most of their wealth would have been taken away due to the Black Knights rebellion), and the Britannians (all fled or dead)

I am not trying to see the world of Code Geass go into hell in a handbasket, it was blatantly stated by Okuchi that Lelouch didn't magically save the world , he just got rid of the corruption in Britannia and ended the war.

Its going to take a long road to recovery

Why the hell did we start arguin anyway?

Oh good lord we are arguing over a joke
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:47   Link #1983
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
The richest people in California don't live in Sacremento, also the wealth in California is spread out quite well between San Francisco, Beverly Hills, and Los Angelos. The wealth in Japan was centered in the Kyoto group (most of their wealth would have been taken away due to the Black Knights rebellion), and the Britannians (all fled or dead)

I am not trying to see the world of Code Geass go into hell in a handbasket, it was blatantly stated by Okuchi that Lelouch didn't magically save the world , he just got rid of the corruption in Britannia and ended the war.

Its going to take a long road to recovery
And again, you have no source for this supposed wealth distribution in Code Geass. You merely assume it must be centered around the government complex. Japan's a big place, and the Britannian's don't exclusively live in the one settlement. Even if we were to assume they did, then it's not a big deal obviously, or rebuilding wouldn't come so quickly.

Also, Okouchi's quote refers to peace, not economy. Don't try to twist his words to suit your argument. Japan, from what little we see of it, is quite obviously doing just fine under Ohgi's administration, so quit trying to make out like the country is going to fall apart when it's never shown to be anywhere close.

Quote:
Oh good lord we are arguing over a joke
Good as anything else to argue about.
Old 2008-10-18, 04:04   Link #1984
Charred Knight

Quote:
And again, you have no source for this supposed wealth distribution in Code Geass. You merely assume it must be centered around the government complex. Japan's a big place, and the Britannian's don't exclusively live in the one settlement. Even if we were to assume they did, then it's not a big deal obviously, or rebuilding wouldn't come so quickly.

Also, Okouchi's quote refers to peace, not economy. Don't try to twist his words to suit your argument. Japan, from what little we see of it, is quite obviously doing just fine under Ohgi's administration, so quit trying to make out like the country is going to fall apart when it's never shown to be anywhere close.

Good as anything else to argue about.
Why would Britannian's remain in Japan? The priveledge they had is gone, since Japan is now free.

I also think Economy and peace go hand in hand, I just don't think Oukochi was talking about peace, I think he was talking about rebuilding the world. That was one of the themes of the second series Reconstruction.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:05   Link #1985
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Why would Britannian's remain in Japan? The priveledge they had is gone, since Japan is now free.
One word: Milly. Just because Japan is free doesn't mean they'd be unwilling to harbor any Britannians who wished to stay.

Quote:
I also think Economy and peace go hand in hand, I just don't think Oukochi was talking about peace, I think he was talking about rebuilding the world. That was one of the themes of the second series Reconstruction.
Not really. Code Geass hasn't had much of an issue with economy, nor would it now that everyone's getting along.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:49   Link #1986
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for length:

Also, according to 2ch, Lelouch's profile on geass.net says:

He accomplished Zero Requiem in exchange for his own life.

^

This and the last question on the first page of Okouchi's interview clearly says who is alive and who is not.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your effort in the translation considering the fact that I'm not able to understand it and someone is willing to translate. I'm most willing to provide the scans for your effort and sharing the information with us. I'm looking forward to more of your translation.

I believe the ending of Lelouch using his own life to achieve Zero Requiem has to be the better ending than he being the L.L, the cartman living with C.C happily ever after. That will cheapen his sacrifice. That's just my own opinion.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:26   Link #1987
Charred Knight

Quote:
One word: Milly. Just because Japan is free doesn't mean they'd be unwilling to harbor any Britannians who wished to stay.

Not really. Code Geass hasn't had much of an issue with economy, nor would it now that everyone's getting along.

Fantastic!

Milly can start Britannian in Japan club with Villeta.

Considering the protrayal of Britannians especially in the first season i see no reason why the ones that fled would want to come back. Their priveledges are gone, their servants won't want to work in the same conditions, and they can no longer feel superior.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:28   Link #1988
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Believe it or not all Britannians are not racist. In fact most that remain in Japan likely aren't.
Old 2008-10-18, 14:28   Link #1989
Charred Knight

Quote:
Believe it or not all Britannians are not racist. In fact most that remain in Japan likely aren't.
Yes, but a large amount are though, when one of the nicer members of Britannia is Cornelia you have a problem and the second part goes without saying. If you hate Japanese your not likely to stay in Japan.
Old 2008-10-18, 16:29   Link #1990
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quick question that popped into my head, today. It was said the Schneizel is the one who removed Marianne's remains after her murder, right? Did anything ever come of that, or was it just another red herring in the course of the series that never really went anywhere? (I swear, this series is full of ideas that would have been so interesting if they had actually decided to flesh them out.)
Old 2008-10-18, 16:33   Link #1991
VNEpic

It was a red herring. Only thing that ever came from it was from Charles right before he was vaporized by the World of C. (He only said he made Schneizel move the body when Lelouch confronted him)
VNEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 18:50   Link #1992
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Quick question that popped into my head, today. It was said the Schneizel is the one who removed Marianne's remains after her murder, right? Did anything ever come of that, or was it just another red herring in the course of the series that never really went anywhere? (I swear, this series is full of ideas that would have been so interesting if they had actually decided to flesh them out.)
I agree with you that there is so much left they could do. Someone has already said it, Code geass is not dead, But lelouch of the rebellion is. Theres no reason the world of Code geass should come to a end as well as it was. No lelouch doesn't have to come back in some way, he can stay dead just be nice to clear it so we don't keep thinking he is still alive becuase he has the code, or something like that. But I really think there so much more to the world of code geass and Im sure someday we will get. It would be a shame to just let it die with lelouch.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:03   Link #1993
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
One thought that came into mind about C.C.'s and V.V.'s psuedonyms being C.C. and V.V.. Does someone who have the Code get to have two letters as their new name or did that just come with their immortality?
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:07   Link #1994
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
One thought that came into mind about C.C.'s and V.V.'s psuedonyms being C.C. and V.V.. Does someone who have the Code get to have two letters as their new name or did that just come with their immortality?
Well seeing the anime atleast once all the way though, thats the idea that I got. If some how Lelouch had the code i guess he would go by L.L.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:37   Link #1995
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
Well seeing the anime atleast once all the way though, thats the idea that I got. If some how Lelouch had the code i guess he would go by L.L.
Unless the code-names are a repetition of the Code user's first name, I think it probably has got nothing to do with their real names. For example, V.V.'s surname is "zi Britannia" and there's no V there. Actually, I'm quite sure the code-names have got nothing to do with their first names either, because then Charles would have been C.C. as well.

My guess is the Code is inherited along with the code-name. For example, the Sister was the previous C.C., and Charles was the new V.V..
Old 2008-10-18, 22:13   Link #1996
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Unless the code-names are a repetition of the Code user's first name, I think it probably has got nothing to do with their real names. For example, V.V.'s surname is "zi Britannia" and there's no V there. Actually, I'm quite sure the code-names have got nothing to do with their first names either, because then Charles would have been C.C. as well.

My guess is the Code is inherited along with the code-name. For example, the Sister was the previous C.C., and Charles was the new V.V..
Actually, some translations have his name as vi Britannia, so it could have to do with his original name. Also, in Japanese, Lelouch's initials would be more akin to R.R. than L.L.
Old 2008-10-18, 22:35   Link #1997
Used Can

Quote:
Actually, some translations have his name as vi Britannia, so it could have to do with his original name.
The last time I saw Charles' surname romanised, it was "zi Britannia" (it was in Koshimizu's blog, I think). I'm quite sure the only ones with "vi Britannia" as surname are Marianne, Lelouch and Nunnally.

Quote:
Also, in Japanese, Lelouch's initials would be more akin to R.R. than L.L.
Check the name-tag:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-19, 00:21   Link #1998
darthfury78

Here is a fun assumption:

Considering that Code Geass could now be considered as two different season versions:

Code Geass: Stages 1-25

Code Geass R2: Turns 1-25

Which continuation would you like to see:

Code Geass: Stage 26, which was to have been the original start of R2, but would be considered as the new continuation of the original first season format that is set in an alternate universe.

Code Geass R2: Turn 26, life after Lelouch.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 00:30   Link #1999
Dream_Traveller
Banned

What continuation I'd like to see is you stopping whining like a little pissant about how everything didn't go the way you wanted it to just because Milly didn't hook up with her squeeze.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 00:32   Link #2000
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The last time I saw Charles' surname romanised, it was "zi Britannia" (it was in Koshimizu's blog, I think). I'm quite sure the only ones with "vi Britannia" as surname are Marianne, Lelouch and Nunnally.

Check the name-tag:
Spoiler:
I think that might actually be "Lulu". After the L it doesn't look like (.)dots. They are longer.

I zoomed in and examined the name tag closely. (It's fun having photo editing software that can zoom in and enhance.)
When I examine it closer to could just be a small scribble of "Lelouch".