AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-29, 23:04   Link #61
james0246

Some pics have been released, and the pic of Jinbei punching Moria is pretty damn epic.
Old 2009-09-29, 23:15   Link #62
marvelB

Looking at the pics, it doesn't even seem like Moria is using Shadows Asgard. Rather, it looks like he was about to cut apart Jinbei (or maybe swipe his shadow) with those scissors of his. But yeah, that was a pretty damn powerful blow that Jinbei gave him. At least I can count on the pics to alleviate my worries from the summary.....

Also, Hancock looks pretty freaky when she attacked Smoker (I still can't help but think that this won't bode well for Amazon Lily in the future.....). The part with Doflamingo telling Iva about Kuma is shown, as well. Still no pics from the ministory, yet.....
Old 2009-09-30, 01:03   Link #63
james0246

^It is the Asgard form, just not with a 1000 shadows like he used on Thriller Bark (honestly, when did he have the time to get the dozens of shadows he currently has ?).

The fact that Moria uses his scissors is also interesting. Why doesn't he just shape his shadows into a weapon? I know he says that he wants to acquire Jinbei's shadow, but why can't he use shadow tools to do this? In fact, it would make more sense if Moria cuts someone's shadow with his own shadow, as opposed to a physical "real world" pair of scissors (since it would be a nice added visual representation (much the same as grabbing someone's shadow) of Moria's shadow power separating the shadow from a person...

Whatever the case, I really wanted to see his Doppelman ability again, if for no other reason than to finally confirm if Moria can detach his shadow from his body and still survive whilst in the sunlight…
Old 2009-09-30, 01:09   Link #64
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^It is the Asgard form, just not with a 1000 shadows like he used on Thriller Bark (honestly, when did he have the time to get the dozens of shadows he currently has ?).

The fact that Moria uses his scissors is also interesting. Why doesn't he just shape his shadows into a weapon? I know he says that he wants to acquire Jinbei's shadow, but why can't he use shadow tools to do this? In fact, it would make more sense if Moria cuts someone's shadow with his own shadow, as opposed to a physical "real world" pair of scissors...

Whatever the case, I really wanted to see his Doppelman ability again, if for no other reason than to finally confirm if Moria can detach his shadow from his body and still survive…

After that punch is he even going to get up. Once again smoker own luffy for the simple reason that luffy can't touch him.
Old 2009-09-30, 01:51   Link #65
seiji_kun

Damn Jinbei seems freaking strong. We knew he had incredible strength since one of his normal hits was comparable to Luffy's gear third if you go of bye that double page where Luffy, Jinbei and Croc defeat those awakened zoans but now he's even manhandling Moria like he's just a stupid nuiscance (which he is) in this war. He seems like a fishman Luffy thus having 100x Luffy's strength since fishmen have 100x a human's strength.

Well at least he didn't went as far as to absorb so many shadows that he lost most of his reasoning. Probably cause he couldn't cause like we saw it takes tons of years to save up for that but the guy really does seem like an idiot who always resorts to the same trick. Oda really makes him quite dumb cause I think with his powers most of us would just exploit Doppelman and attacks like brickbat and that lizard attack vs Oars jr.

And loved seeing Smoker and Luffy acknowledging each other again like usual, Hancock saving Luffy to if it was already only for the fanservice of her beautiful legs.
Old 2009-09-30, 02:36   Link #66
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Damn Jinbei seems freaking strong. We knew he had incredible strength since one of his normal hits was comparable to Luffy's gear third if you go of bye that double page where Luffy, Jinbei and Croc defeat those awakened zoans but now he's even manhandling Moria like he's just a stupid nuiscance (which he is) in this war. He seems like a fishman Luffy thus having 100x Luffy's strength since fishmen have 100x a human's strength.

Well at least he didn't went as far as to absorb so many shadows that he lost most of his reasoning. Probably cause he couldn't cause like we saw it takes tons of years to save up for that but the guy really does seem like an idiot who always resorts to the same trick. Oda really makes him quite dumb cause I think with his powers most of us would just exploit Doppelman and attacks like brickbat and that lizard attack vs Oars jr.

And loved seeing Smoker and Luffy acknowledging each other again like usual, Hancock saving Luffy to if it was already only for the fanservice of her beautiful legs.
Well don't forget jinbei does not have to be near you to hit you. Brick bats he most likly just punch them away . Plus that spear attack we see went up vs a very big target don't know how much help that would be here.

Plus jinbei is near water it look like when he near water he more than match for almost any one.

Last edited by andy; 2009-09-30 at 02:50.
Old 2009-09-30, 04:29   Link #67
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well don't forget jinbei does not have to be near you to hit you. Brick bats he most likly just punch them away . Plus that spear attack we see went up vs a very big target don't know how much help that would be here.

Plus jinbei is near water it look like when he near water he more than match for almost any one.
I agree that we hardly know how usefull that spear attack was, I didn't found that it took much skill either to use it on an already immobilized target but I just think mixing up similar attacks to brick bat and that spear attack while avoiding hits would make him much more of a challenge then using his shadow asgard which made him get insta owned twice now.
Old 2009-09-30, 05:03   Link #68
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I agree that we hardly know how usefull that spear attack was, I didn't found that it took much skill either to use it on an already immobilized target but I just think mixing up similar attacks to brick bat and that spear attack while avoiding hits would make him much more of a challenge then using his shadow asgard which made him get insta owned twice now.
It seem that moria has the bigger your are the better you are thing going on. I mean even after luffy and SH beat oars . He still wants oars jr . The bigger you are the easier it is for strong guys to take you down. He just don't learn.
Old 2009-09-30, 06:38   Link #69
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

I do see people don't like buggy verry much here...

but whatever hes one of my fav villain in one piece world... hes quite a psyco and yet he still a little coward...and thats what makes him even better...and ofcourse he is stand and fight along side WB right now...

just wait for "GIANT buggy ball" in action...guys...

oh and stay tune for "buggy v doflamingo"....
Old 2009-09-30, 08:50   Link #70
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Wow.
You know what.
Captain Buggy The Clown Vs. Doflamingo would be interesting to see.
Especially because of their abilities, I wouldn't be surprised if Oda did just that.
Matter of fact, I'm willing to side with NicePace and predict a Buggy Vs. Doflamingo during this war.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:06   Link #71
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I gave Moria a chance to redeem himself in this war, but he just blew it. The shadow fruit can be very hax when used in the right hands, and Moria clearly doesn't know how to use it properly. Doppleman, Shadow Invasion (having Doppleman invade a person's shadow to mess up their movements), and Shadow Weaponry (Brick Bats, Horn Lizard, etc.) are enough to make him a dangerous opponent for everyone.

However, perhaps the reason why he didn't use any of these techniques against Jimbei is because it's day time and therefore he can't fully expel his shadow from his body otherwise he'll disintegrate in the sun. If that's the case, Moria has a really bad weakness. Someone should address this issue to Oda in an SBS. I'm interested in finding out about this.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:24   Link #72
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I gave Moria a chance to redeem himself in this war, but he just blew it. The shadow fruit can be very hax when used in the right hands, and Moria clearly doesn't know how to use it properly. Doppleman, Shadow Invasion (having Doppleman invade a person's shadow to mess up their movements), and Shadow Weaponry (Brick Bats, Horn Lizard, etc.) are enough to make him a dangerous opponent for everyone.

However, perhaps the reason why he didn't use any of these techniques against Jimbei is because it's day time and therefore he can't fully expel his shadow from his body otherwise he'll disintegrate in the sun. If that's the case, Moria has a really bad weakness. Someone should address this issue to Oda in an SBS. I'm interested in finding out about this.
Can he use Shadow Invasion on someone that was not a Zombie ? I don't think i ever saw that . Could you show me chapter ?
Old 2009-09-30, 10:28   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Can he use Shadow Invasion on someone that was not a Zombie ? I don't think i ever saw that . Could you show me chapter ?
Well, we don't see him use that move on someone who's not a zombie, but what difference would that make? As long as there's a shadow to take control of, that's all that matters.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:45   Link #74
james0246

New spopilers ahve been released. There is a long (hysterical) conversation between Whitebeard and Buggy that ends with Whitebeard calling up the New World Captains and changing his battle plans (not that Buggy had anything to do with the change in plans ).

Also, the mini-story has been released. It is an ambiguous image...not much can be gleaned from the image. We do see a ghost form of Perona floating in the distance.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:47   Link #75
andy

Quote:
Well, we don't see him use that move on someone who's not a zombie, but what difference would that make? As long as there's a shadow to take control of, that's all that matters.

It matters because he might not be able to use it on a person that is alive. Since the person is dead the shadow controls the zombie movements compare to a person that is alive , where his mind and body control his shadow.

We already know compare to dead person someone who is alive can only hold a shadow for 15mins . It could be something like that.
Old 2009-09-30, 10:54   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
It matters because he might not be able to use it on a person that is alive. Since the person is dead the shadow controls the zombie movements compare to a person that is alive , where his mind and body control his shadow.
No, you are making this up. The only time a body complies with the movements of its shadow is when Doppleman invades the shadow.
Old 2009-09-30, 11:01   Link #77
ZeroForever

I'm pretty sure he has to have control of the shadow first, which requires him to cut the shadow from it's owner first.

But since he's only used it once before we don't know the limitations of the skill, as noted if he could just use it at will on anyone then there's no reason he should ever lose cause there's no real way to defend against it.
Old 2009-09-30, 11:02   Link #78
andy

Quote:
No, you are making this up. The only time a body complies with the movements of its shadow is when Doppleman invades the shadow.
I am not making anything up , i ask if moria can do Shadow Invasion on some one alive . You said no but what does it matter. I said maybe he can't and try to find a reason for it .
I mean i not the biggest moria fan but saying he did not do a move when you not certain if it going work or not it not fair to him.
Old 2009-09-30, 11:12   Link #79
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I am not making anything up , i ask if moria can do Shadow Invasion on some one alive . You said no but what does it matter. I said maybe he can't and try to find a reason it .
I mean i not the biggest moria fan but saying he did not do a move when you not certain if it going work or not it not fair to him.
To be honest, I'm not a big Moria fan either. I've given that impression to others only because of the countless times I've defended him in the past.

And yes, you did make that up. Regardless of whether the person is alive or not, the shadow complies with the movements of the body. That is a law of nature, and Moria's doppleman is what allows that law to be reversed (having the body comply with the movements of the shadow).
Old 2009-09-30, 11:19   Link #80
marvelB

Hee hee hee, Buggy continues to up the ante in this storyline! I love how Whitebeard casually tells him that he'll give him a chance to kill him after the war is over. I guess ol' Buggy just has the best (and at the same time, worst) luck in the world......

Also, I agree that it was cool to see that both Luffy and Smoker acknowledge how much stronger they became since they last met in Alabasta. Still, seeing as that unconfirmed summary was wrong about Zoro's ministory (there was nothing about cutting ghosts), I'm wondering if Marco really DID get held up by Kizaru while Luffy struggled against the smokey man.....

I'm still pretty eager to learn more about this Kuma business, though. As I said before, I think Doflamingo is implying that Vegapunk finally "completed" Kuma's conversion into a Pacifista, and now he's just as much a mindless killing machine as his clones from Sabaody.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The fact that Moria uses his scissors is also interesting. Why doesn't he just shape his shadows into a weapon? I know he says that he wants to acquire Jinbei's shadow, but why can't he use shadow tools to do this? In fact, it would make more sense if Moria cuts someone's shadow with his own shadow, as opposed to a physical "real world" pair of scissors (since it would be a nice added visual representation (much the same as grabbing someone's shadow) of Moria's shadow power separating the shadow from a person...

Yeah, I do see that he's using Asgard now. As for why Moria doesn't use a shadow blade to seperate shadows from a person's body instead of those scissors, well..... it's anyone's guess right now, really. I can only assume it's because Moria's not very proficient at forming his shadow into too many shapes aside from Doppelman, Brick Bat and that lizard spear. Well, either that or he's just too lazy to do so.

Quote:
Whatever the case, I really wanted to see his Doppelman ability again, if for no other reason than to finally confirm if Moria can detach his shadow from his body and still survive whilst in the sunlight…

It looked like Moria detached his shadow when he attacked Oars Jr., to me.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-09-30 at 11:37.
Closed Thread