AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 05:54   Link #1
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Question Kanon Kazahana

Hey any one knows if its actually a sequel, or whats up?
thanks ^_^
Old 2003-11-04, 08:19   Link #2
Timo
anime addict

It's just a special. (I think. )
Old 2003-11-04, 08:26   Link #3
[Titan]
Tenshi

Like Timo said, it's a special. It basically tells what the other characters were doing during the last 5 minutes of the series, IIRC.
Old 2003-11-04, 21:21   Link #4
frowndog
Poof... time warp

was it the last 5 minutes? i saw it some time ago and i can't remember it well but i distinctly remember that Mai was having her graduation in Kazahana...

either way, its just a special. nothing earth shattering happens. basically, a slice of life with the Kanon charaters all leading up to the final scene in the original Kanon series

actually, now that i remember it, you get this special DVD in japan if you BUY enough Kanon merchandise. something like 6000 yen worth or something like that.
Old 2003-11-04, 23:26   Link #5
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Quote:
Originally Posted by frowndog
actually, now that i remember it, you get this special DVD in japan if you BUY enough Kanon merchandise. something like 6000 yen worth or something like that.
It's buying all the DVDs they released for the TV series ((there's 7 of them and each costing around 4000yen, do your own conversion) which would get you just enough points to get the Kazahana DVD.

It's not the last 5 minutes, it's more like what happens not-so-long-later - it's still Spring, and it was beginning of Spring at the end of the TV series, or it could be a year later, they never made it clear :P Kazahana is like an epilogue, a "what happens afterwards" kinda thing to close off the series.

Do note that there's tons of other Kanon stories out there still up for grabs, all on Drama CD - of course, won't make any sense if you don't understand Japanese, but there are some REALLY GREAT stories on those CDs.
Old 2003-11-05, 04:32   Link #6
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Well thanks to all of you......i really thought for a minute that it was going to be a sequel!, but oh well.......its all good........ thanks
Old 2003-11-05, 07:18   Link #7
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Quote:
It's buying all the DVDs they released for the TV series ((there's 7 of them and each costing around 4000yen, do your own conversion) which would get you just enough points to get the Kazahana DVD.

wow, i was way off. i didn't realize it would be so expensive...
Old 2003-11-05, 08:08   Link #8
rayearth

It gets better. You see, Kazahana is a "promotional campaign". Meaning the DVD isn't the only thing you can get. There's 3 "courses" you can take.

Course A is the DVD which requires most points.

Course B is a Drama CD, which requires less points.

Course C is a poster set, which requires the least.

Now, even if you buy all the merchandise they released that would count as points (all the DVDs, Drama CDs and audio CDs), you will NOT have enough points to get all 3 courses :P Meaning if you wanted to get all 3 of them, you'll have to buy multiple copies of some of the merchandise to get enough points - what would you do with multiple copies? Now we know how Japanese companies "promote" their goods :P
Old 2003-11-05, 14:05   Link #9
Anlushac11

Cool

To me Kazahana is a must have if your a Kanon fan.

It fills in some vague areas and kinda takes place between the end of the story and the last scene.

For me it just enhanced and completed an already excellent series. Some didnt like Kanon but for me it was one of the best anime's I have ever seen. I have never had an anime get me so emotionally involved or tear me up like Kanon did.
Old 2003-11-05, 18:41   Link #10
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
To me Kazahana is a must have if your a Kanon fan.

It fills in some vague areas and kinda takes place between the end of the story and the last scene.

For me it just enhanced and completed an already excellent series. Some didnt like Kanon but for me it was one of the best anime's I have ever seen. I have never had an anime get me so emotionally involved or tear me up like Kanon did.

Well i do agree with u on that.....Kanon is a GREAT ANIME.....its so touching..... but if there is another one that will get u even more emotionally involved...that must be
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.........if you guys havent seen this......U SHOULD NOW!!!!
so far im sure KGNE is the best of the best in triangle love drama kind.
Old 2003-11-05, 20:36   Link #11
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
Well i do agree with u on that.....Kanon is a GREAT ANIME.....its so touching..... but if there is another one that will get u even more emotionally involved...that must be
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.........if you guys havent seen this......U SHOULD NOW!!!!
so far im sure KGNE is the best of the best in triangle love drama kind.
Im following KGNE closely. So far it is very good.
Old 2003-11-05, 23:24   Link #12
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
Im following KGNE closely. So far it is very good.
GREAT!!!!! just 9 more eps to go
Old 2003-11-06, 23:04   Link #13
Anlushac11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
GREAT!!!!! just 9 more eps to go
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Episode 5 Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-07, 02:03   Link #14
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
It gets better. You see, Kazahana is a "promotional campaign". Meaning the DVD isn't the only thing you can get. There's 3 "courses" you can take.

Course A is the DVD which requires most points.

Course B is a Drama CD, which requires less points.

Course C is a poster set, which requires the least.

Now, even if you buy all the merchandise they released that would count as points (all the DVDs, Drama CDs and audio CDs), you will NOT have enough points to get all 3 courses :P Meaning if you wanted to get all 3 of them, you'll have to buy multiple copies of some of the merchandise to get enough points - what would you do with multiple copies? Now we know how Japanese companies "promote" their goods :P
I think I remembered calculating how many points you needed. I think you needed to get one of each good in order to have enough points for Course A. I think they intended A,B and C to be separate routes, and B is like a lower version replacement for A, etc. And actually, you *could* sell the extra copies on auction, like yahoo Japan.
Old 2003-11-07, 02:51   Link #15
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

ok ok.....so there is only 1 K.Kazahana right? no more eps to be released
Old 2003-11-07, 04:20   Link #16
rayearth

Yeah, there's only 1 Kazahana, no more. And just in case anyone is thinking of buying all the Kanon merchandise to get the Kazahana DVD, don't bother - the campaign ended December 2002.

As for selling them second hand, you can - but you're still loosing money :P
Old 2003-11-07, 17:26   Link #17
7thMethuselah

kazahana is sort of an epilogue to the kanon story, it's a must see if you're a fan of the series
Old 2003-11-07, 18:13   Link #18
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
It is so what happens in the last episode except extended. If you noticed:

SPOILER:

That when Yuuichi laughed at Ayu's new haircut that happened in the last episode when he first saw it. And in the special he saw it for the first time too so really it is an extended ending, but to my knowledge most of thsoie events do not occur in the game, like Makoto reappearing.
Old 2003-12-02, 03:05   Link #19
FeiFongWong

Question Kanon Kazahana...

I just got this ep. But my fansub didn't translate the letter that the two gives who are studying abroad sent... You know the really nice chick and the sword girl. What does the letter say! Anyone know!?
Old 2003-12-02, 03:36   Link #20
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeiFongWong
I just got this ep. But my fansub didn't translate the letter that the two gives who are studying abroad sent... You know the really nice chick and the sword girl. What does the letter say! Anyone know!?
I thought one of them reads the letter aloud... ?
Closed Thread