AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 16:45   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmm, just to prove how good and epic this chapter was, look at the latest chapter threads for Naruto and One Piece, then return here. Notice how this one just jumped to page 2 while the rest are around page 4 and 5 xD

Oh Kubo, you and your mediocre and boring arc.
Old 2011-12-14, 16:47   Link #22
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

This was a GOOD chapter! Usually I have some complaints here and there, but I actually really liked it . Wasn't expecting Ichigo's fight to be some crazy epic fight to begin with so that didn't really change my opinion much at all.

Definitely one of the better chapters in this arc.
Old 2011-12-14, 16:50   Link #23
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Tsukishima appearing out of nowhere like that amused me greatly. Who ordered that?
Old 2011-12-14, 17:17   Link #24
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Way I see it is shikai is slightly more evenly matched but once they go bankai is a different story.
I don't think you should look at it as if "there shikai is the evenly matched then so should there bankai be".
I can see where you're coming from if we were to focus strictly on the varying degress of usefulness each shinigami's bankai possesses. However, since its Ichigo we're dealing with, I can't quite see it that way. Ichigo's bankai doesn't seem to do anything beyond serving as your typical cliche shounen speed and strength boost. To top it off, chapter 470 implies that Ginjou's bankai could inherit similar traits to Ichigo's. Plus drawing from hollow powers is supposed to augment speed and strength even further.

So once again I ask, if Ichigo and Ginjou were evenly matched in strength and speed prior to using bankai, why should Bankai give Ichigo such a major advantage given these specific circumstances?

Last edited by sayde; 2011-12-14 at 17:36.
Old 2011-12-14, 17:36   Link #25
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I can see where you're coming from if we were to focus strictly on the varying degress of usefulness each shinigami's bankai possesses. However, since its Ichigo we're dealing with, I can't quite see it that way. Ichigo's bankai doesn't seem to do anything beyond serving as your typical cliche shounen speed and strength boost. To top it off, chapter 470 implies that Ginjou's bankai would be the same as Ichigo's. Plus drawing from hollow powers is supposed to augment speed and strength even further.

So once again I ask, if Ichigo and Ginjou were evenly matched in strength and speed prior to using bankai, why should Bankai give Ichigo such a major advantage given these specific circumstances?
Maybe it's because Ichigo usually doesn't fight in his Shikai? As soon as the opponent is strong enough he switches to Bankai immediately. I think Ichigo doesn't really care for his Shikai strength anyway. Ginjou however might tend to use Shikai instead of Bankai and resort to his Bankai only in extreme situations. But I agree it's still weird that Ginjou was beaten so easily. You would assume him drawing Hollow powers would at least bring him to Arrancar or Vizard Level, which Ichigo wouldn't be able to defeat without his Hollow mask.
Old 2011-12-14, 19:55   Link #26
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Kayin
Maybe, but his powers right now are clearly stronger then they were before he lost them. You could also say that Ginjou's powers are being restricted by this combat pass - which he does still carry. Either that or Ichigo's are completely unrestricted right now on top of all the bonus power coming from every captain/vice captain in SS.

The most logical answer is that Ichigo is the story's hero, will always win in the end, and letting his new state of soul reaper bad ass be trumped by a fill-in villain would upset the fans.
Old 2011-12-14, 20:00   Link #27
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Ginjo's defeat while in Hollow-Bankai mode proves one thing: You don't defeat the original with a fake one. Ginjou was only able to transform because he sucked away Ichigo fullbring powers. Without it, the fight would have ended in the mansion.

I'm quite amazed at how Tsukishima survived that attack from Byakuya.
This just proves that Tsukishima is indeed heartless.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-14, 20:04   Link #28
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Maybe, but his powers right now are clearly stronger then they were before he lost them. You could also say that Ginjou's powers are being restricted by this combat pass - which he does still carry. Either that or Ichigo's are completely unrestricted right now on top of all the bonus power coming from every captain/vice captain in SS.

The most logical answer is that Ichigo is the story's hero, will always win in the end, and letting his new state of soul reaper bad ass be trumped by a fill-in villain would upset the fans.
But he could have made Ginjou at least put up a fight against Ichigo. I mean why would he show that Ichigo is completely superior to Ginjou in his Bankai but show him struggle in Shikai? And doesn't the combat pass only restrict their reiatsu when in human form?
Old 2011-12-14, 20:46   Link #29
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I think Ginjo's defeat while in Hollow-Bankai mode proves one thing: You don't defeat the original with a fake one. Ginjou was only able to transform because he sucked away Ichigo fullbring powers. Without it, the fight would have ended in the mansion.
These are both valid points that do well to explain the end outcome. They just don't do much to explain the main issue I'm having trouble comprehending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
I mean why would he show that Ichigo is completely superior to Ginjou in his Bankai but show him struggle in Shikai?
^^This.
That's precisely what perplexes me about the situation. I just don't see the point. And while I have to acknowledge Kayin's final point in his previous post I feel that Kubo could've allowed Ichigo's "new state of soul reaper bad ass" to achieve the same intended effect (or better) if he just allowed Ichigo to already be in control of the battle prior to going bankai. Because at least then, there'd be little to no confusion. The scenario would allow for more consistency and could even serve to further support the explanations I quoted above.
Old 2011-12-14, 20:55   Link #30
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I dunno, this new Bankai seems more powerful than his Vizard form (one reason is control of his powers, and another is his firm resolve throughout the fight).

Can't blame you sayde for being confused, though. This is Kubo we're talking about.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-14, 21:16   Link #31
sayde

Quote:
I dunno, this new Bankai seems more powerful than his Vizard form (one reason is control of his powers, and another is his firm resolve throughout the fight).
Yet another point you won't see me argue over.
Quote:
Can't blame you sayde for being confused, though. This is Kubo we're talking about.
*sighs* You're right. I gotta try harder to remember to stop thinking about some of this stuff too deeply. Because while I know there's elements to Kubo's plot in which he'd like readers to really think about, this probably wasn't intended to be one of them in the least bit.
Old 2011-12-14, 21:18   Link #32
Alchemist007
*Author

Well I was right in saying this is a goddamn one-hit KO type blade. Sliced through that sword and his guts.
Old 2011-12-14, 21:39   Link #33
Lendial

I keep reading in hopes it will eventually turn up only to be disappointed week after week. Its not so much the story or even direction, its just so much space is used to for...space.
Old 2011-12-14, 22:06   Link #34
Dnous
wut

Or it could just be simply that with the fullbring powers from Ichigo, Ginjou was able to hold his own against Ichigo. But the fullbring powers don't grow, so when Ginjou went Bankai the power boost from Ichigo's fullbring wasn't nearly enough to fill the gap between bankais. And so he was easily defeated.
Old 2011-12-15, 20:21   Link #35
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ginjo reminds me of Sensui greatly...

though this is state long ago, but even Ginjo's end is similar in some ways...
Old 2011-12-16, 05:35   Link #36
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Ginjo reminds me of Sensui greatly...

though this is state long ago, but even Ginjo's end is similar in some ways...
Who knows, next thing we know we will have Tsukishima carrying Ginjo's dead (still to be seen) body away and never to be seen again....

Anyway, is it me or do I get the feeling that Tsukishima and Ginjo's relationship will somehow turn into a yaoi bait?
Old 2011-12-16, 12:52   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Anyway, is it me or do I get the feeling that Tsukishima and Ginjo's relationship will somehow turn into a yaoi bait?
I'd say it's a given at this point in time
Old 2011-12-17, 00:07   Link #38
sayde

I just read there wasn't going to be another chapter this upcoming week. Can anyone here confirm this (before I decide to update the OP with this information)?
Old 2011-12-17, 01:51   Link #39
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I just read there wasn't going to be another chapter this upcoming week. Can anyone here confirm this (before I decide to update the OP with this information)?
this week is a double issue so there's no weekly shonen jump next week. the magazine always takes a break during christmas week.
Old 2011-12-17, 07:55   Link #40
sayde

Okay. Thanks a lot for the info ronin myael.
Closed Thread