Notices

Old 2013-07-19, 21:18   Link #201
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Hachiken is awesome!
Old 2013-07-20, 01:05   Link #202
hamazura
whatever

anyone know the lyrics of ending theme : hello especially?
Old 2013-07-20, 08:32   Link #203
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I actually feel pretty sympathetic to Hachiken. Having spent some time in rural areas of Pakistan, I know just how much of a pain it can be and how much more you appreciate the comforts you get back home.

Ironically what will be a challenge is me sympathising with him the more he inevitably gets used to the country life. That was one thing I never quite learned to appreciate.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 09:32   Link #204
backbone
Banned

Oh man, eps 2 was a total win for me. From the extremely crazed members of holstein club who worship cows instead of human girl to Hachiken who felt himself being saved by Jesus only to realize that it's actually Buddha

But please, please Hachiken, the way you keep being freaked out by animal product (roasted chicken) has started to get boring for me. Get used to it already!
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 18:17   Link #205
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, I must admit that the overall feel of the series seems pretty faithful to the manga for me.

There is something missing so far, though, that I am having a hard trouble putting my finger on. I will give it a few more eps trial, though.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:25   Link #206
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
There is something missing so far, though, that I am having a hard trouble putting my finger on. I will give it a few more eps trial, though.
Because you can never beat an Arakawa original
Old 2013-07-20, 18:29   Link #207
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

Fair enough ... well, we will see - maybe it will surprise me. ^^
Old 2013-07-20, 19:28   Link #208
HandofFate

I think I can imagine what point in the story coming soon will be the make-or-break point for if this is the series for the viewer or not.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:03   Link #209
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I'm liking it a lot, it tells a very well thought out story while also being very informative.

its not groundbreaking but its not boring either, its just right, that kind of story that's light and is very soothing especially when you're tired.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:36   Link #210
yellowscarves

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
its not groundbreaking but its not boring either, its just right, that kind of story that's light and is very soothing especially when you're tired.
I completely agree with this. Silver Spoon, so far, has been really... comforting. I don't think I've ever used that word to describe an anime. X.x There's just something about the setting and the characters that makes me look forward to watching it when I'm exhausted.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 07:21   Link #211
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Oh man, eps 2 was a total win for me. From the extremely crazed members of holstein club who worship cows instead of human girl to Hachiken who felt himself being saved by Jesus only to realize that it's actually Buddha
That was really funny. I love Arakawa's sense of humour!
chi4ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:11   Link #212
Lota

I'm loving this. I wanted to read the manga a while ago, but some people said that they were disappointed, su I kind of forgot about it, but watching these 2 episodes convinced me that while it's not what I expected from Arakawa, it's brilliant nonetheless. Yesterday I started reading the manga and finished catching up with it today, and boy am I glad I did. It really is entertaining, comforting and funny. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm already a fan. Note to self: don't listen to others' opinion, make your own.
Old 2013-07-23, 18:25   Link #213
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
I'm loving this. I wanted to read the manga a while ago, but some people said that they were disappointed, su I kind of forgot about it, but watching these 2 episodes convinced me that while it's not what I expected from Arakawa, it's brilliant nonetheless.
of course they are dissapointed. they complain because there is no action, no magic, or something like that and they started to compare Gin no Saji with FMA.

Quote:
Yesterday I started reading the manga and finished catching up with it today, and boy am I glad I did. It really is entertaining, comforting and funny. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm already a fan. Note to self: don't listen to others' opinion, make your own.
personally, i like the manga more than anime.
i don't know why but i feel the manga better.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 04:00   Link #214
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post

personally, i like the manga more than anime.
i don't know why but i feel the manga better.
of course, its slice of life, seeing it for the second time (after manga) wont amazed you so much...
its same with me, i already read the manga and then watch the anime, its "very good" yet i feel "something is missing"
like when i watch uchuu kyodai, its always amazed me with everything, but i doubt i would feel like that if i alrdy read the manga
yeah like that...
Old 2013-07-25, 08:27   Link #215
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The funny thing is that the current Hachiken represent a lot of people and most of the one living in big city who don't know the countryside or whatever is related on our mother nature or even worse the ones who want to take it easy specially at works & think of the others like "Monsters , warriors , "how can you get so much energies" or whatever" , i don't care about the school , you can do what you want but at work , you're just an useless lazy profiteer.

Also people who are disguted & afraid when you tell them "i already killed pigs & chickens for foods etc..." like one stupid guy in my work.... dude these people won't live long in the wild or at apocalypse....

Anyway , i don't doubt Hachiken will change.

PS: i live in a big city.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 08:49   Link #216
Kirarakim

Quote:
I'm loving this. I wanted to read the manga a while ago, but some people said that they were disappointed, su I kind of forgot about it, but watching these 2 episodes convinced me that while it's not what I expected from Arakawa, it's brilliant nonetheless. Yesterday I started reading the manga and finished catching up with it today, and boy am I glad I did. It really is entertaining, comforting and funny. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm already a fan. Note to self: don't listen to others' opinion, make your own.
Of course the manga is a best seller in Japan so I think the dissenting opinions were in the minority anyways.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:38   Link #217
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to admit, I do like the way that this show isn't shirking the realities.
Spoiler for Ep.3:
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:52   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, they're not sugarcoating it. See that cute little piglet? He'll be bacon in three months. Livestock farming is definitely not the kind of thing I could imagine myself doing. I wouldn't be suited to be a vet either. I never thought about it before but it's true they have to be able to kill as well.
Old 2013-07-25, 18:03   Link #219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yep, they're not sugarcoating it. See that cute little piglet? He'll be bacon in three months. Livestock farming is definitely not the kind of thing I could imagine myself doing. I wouldn't be suited to be a vet either. I never thought about it before but it's true they have to be able to kill as well.
Yeah, they are hitting hard with reality here. Of course rationally you know having a pet that sometimes vets have to put animals down, but maybe it's not something you think about as much when initially choosing that path. Healing is a big part of it, but need that ability to kill when there's no other way.

Both raising livestock and the vet route would be hard for me. Knowing that those animals you raised are going to be dinner someday and what one would have to do as a vet. Full props to those who are in those careers.
Old 2013-07-25, 18:22   Link #220
hakazee

Piglet's nature

once they chosen a place, it doesn't matter if there are better ones or not. they'll stay right where they are.

after they choose positions after intial fight, they will settle and never again aim for anything better.

Don't you do the same.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agriculture, comedy