AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-01, 05:51   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 340 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Naruto 340: 危ない橋 - A dangerous bridge.
Spoiler for Naruto 340 Illustration:

Short Summary:
"Fuuton - Rasenshuriken!" Naruto and his 3 bunshins are decided to finish Kakuzu with this. His three bunshins are running towards their target while Naruto follows, holding his jutsu waiting for an opening to deliver his final blow.

Chouji wants to help, but Yamato orders him to stay, as he might get hit by Naruto's jutsu as well. Ino is surprised at hearing this. Naruto's new jutsu must definitely be devastating. To Kakuzu this looks interesting. The Kyuubi Jinchuuriki has monster-like power as well. Naruto Kyuubi-like eye is completely focused on Kakuzu as his bunshins and himself almost reached him.

One of his bunshins attacks by trying to hit him with a kunai. Kakuzu's strings catch it, creating an opening for the two other bunshins, who're ready to strike his unprotected sides.

Suddenly, his two remaining masks appear, defending Kakuzu by destroying Naruto's bunshins using a high level fire and wind jutsu.

It looks like his diversion worked out. Naruto himself is ready to strike Kakuzu's back with the Rasenshuriken. There's not much he can do now. Kakuzu seems to understand there's not much he can do now. Kakashi, Yamato, Ino and Chouji are looking with great anticipation to what's going to happen.

Kakuzu managed to turn around and face Naruto, just about to hit his chest with a direct Rasenshuriken hit.
Unfortunately for Naruto his jutsu worked out, less than a centimeter away from his chest...

Naruto is standing there... his arm stretched and Kakuzu unharmed, dangerously moving his strings toward Naruto.
Chouji and Ino don't get it. Did they win?
A miss... this comes at the worst possible time, but yeah... what else to expect from the number 1 most unpredictable ninja Kakashi hurries towards Naruto. Maybe he can get him out of this bad situation.

This time Naruto himself is trapped within Kakuzu's strings. Kakuzu is determined to take his heart!
Kakashi arrived cut through Kakuzu's strings just in time to take away Naruto. While he runs back to the team with Naruto under his arm, Yamato attacks using one of his mokuton-based jutsu.

Yamato's arm got extended by a lot of think sharp branches, ready to pierce Kakuzu. Kakuzu manages to evade them all, making Yamato hit the trees instead.

Naruto is still cursing. As for Ino... Naruto is still Naruto... acting cool and than this... Chouji is wondering why Naruto didn't throw the jutsu instead of trying to hit Kakuzu from short range.
Naruto happy at all with these remarks and yells asking what they're trying to say!!

Yamato explains that although it's called Rasenshuriken, it must be a direct hit from a zero distance. That's the reason why the bunshins are involved. They're dummies to get the opponent's attention.
Naruto is still pissed with this. Kakashi's observation about the timeframe for this jutsu being to short is a real problem with an opponent such as Kakuzu.
Kakuzu know he simply has to avoid close contact with Naruto and especially keeping an eye on the one holding the jutsu, as this is the original... doesn't sound too difficult for him.

Naruto stands up and wants to finish Kakuzu for real now with his new jutsu. Ino reminds Naruto they're dealing with Akatstuki, who will just dodge it now. Also, Chouji thinks it's best to attack with the whole team, as it's clear to Kakuzu which one will be the real Naruto.

Kakashi agrees with Chouji. They're 5 against one after all. There's no need to take unnecessary risks. Kakuzu is wondering what will be next.
Naruto asks Kakashi-sensei if he remembers what he told during the training. Kakashi said he believed that Naruto is the only ninja that can surpass the Fourth one day. Kakashi and Yamato are staring at Naruto. Naruto understands how important teamwork is, but now, he has to cross a dangerous bridge all by himself. If he can't cross the bridge by himself, he'll stay a child forever.

Naruto asks his sensei not to cut of that bridge, while thinking about Sasuke. Kakashi and Yamato are discussing what to do.
Yamato tells Kakashi still didn't see the way Naruto changed...
So it's decided! Naruto can try once again to beat Kakuzu.

Last edited by Syaoran; 2007-02-01 at 13:22. Reason: Added chapter illustration
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 05:54   Link #2
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

sad........

rasenshuriken wil be revealed with more detail next week,naruto screwed up his jutsu.....boring chapter.
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 06:06   Link #3
Luapman

hmm.. definately a nice chapter. Naruto not outright pwning Kakuzu and running into difficulty i think is a much better storyline/developement move on Kishi's part.
Luapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 06:15   Link #4
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't know what was the most hilarious part of this chapter.
Naruto lamentably failling his new jutsu, the fact that this new jutsu just seems to be a more destructive Rasengan, Chouji being told again to stay out of serious business, Kakazu trying to kill a Jinchuuriki or Kishimoto proving once and for all that teamwork is for suckers.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 06:24   Link #5
ShikaShika
無罪

Boring chapter.

Was there any point to the shuriken part of rasenshuriken? I found it nice that Naruto at least didn't take Kakuzu out in one try, but the chapter felt really dragged out...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 06:51   Link #6
Uchiha_Gaara
Ultimate sand beast

Yep boring chapter...

I think it's only called shuriken because of it's shape, and the shape is of a shuriken cause it's stil to unstable and the wind isn't compressed enougth so it leaks from the rasengan in form of blades..
this variation really sucks. hope the next one to be a lot better...
Uchiha_Gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 07:35   Link #7
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Well I really enjoyed the art work in this chapter regardless of the story. There were some really nice drawings and perspectives on display.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 07:38   Link #8
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Filler chapter. Although the art was nice.

A shuriken you can't throw? Naruto is still Naruto. Naruto as a cool elite guy felt odd anyway. I'm sure he'll do better next week, but he'll always be a goofy guy.

Poor Choji. They treat him like a child. And Ino mocking Naruto was too much. I love Ino and will always be a ShikaIno fan, but she has done nothing in this fight and should keep her mouth shut.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 08:02   Link #9
rman0099
On my nut

Although this wasn't the most exciting chapter, I still think it was necessary (kind of). It would have been nice to be shown an evolution of naruto where he acts serious, plans, and executes. But that's not Naruto and not how the series has gone. We really haven't seen too many light Naruto moments recently. Its been very serious for the bulk of the second half. The only moments I can remember with Naruto being himself happened in the first few of chapters. So this chapter kind of took the series back to its light/goofy roots even though it breaks up the tone that the preceding chapters set for the arc.
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 08:09   Link #10
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Enough with the idiot Naruto for the love of god, show more interesting characters. I know thats what the series is called but come on. Where's kiba and shino. Why cant they help in this fight instead of showing the gay Sai all over again.
Old 2007-02-01, 08:20   Link #11
DwArD
mAnIaC

Damn.....I was sooooo looking forward to this chapter.....oh well.....gotta wait another week for the good part.
Old 2007-02-01, 08:28   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

This is the most pathetic powered-up hero debut ever

To give credit though, it is more realistic than Naruto just suddenly being able to kick Akatsuki ass. They could add a bit more action though. And for God's sake, have Ino and Chouji do something already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Filler chapter. Although the art was nice.

A shuriken you can't throw? Naruto is still Naruto. Naruto as a cool elite guy felt odd anyway. I'm sure he'll do better next week, but he'll always be a goofy guy.

Poor Choji. They treat him like a child. And Ino mocking Naruto was too much. I love Ino and will always be a ShikaIno fan, but she has done nothing in this fight and should keep her mouth shut.
Not to sound cocky, but I'm not surprised in the least that the Rasengan can't be thrown. I've noted for a while that Kishimoto is probably trying to avoid "fireball" type attacks (meaning energy projectiles thrown from the hands) probably because it's too much like DBZ, just look at how many people were already comparing the attack to Kururin's Kienzan.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 08:28   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

On the bright side if we forget about the faillure of his new jutsu I think this is the first time we actually see how much Naruto's basic skills have improved.

With only 3 clones Naruto cleanly outmaneuvered Kakuzu, had he used a regular Rasengan Kakuzu would have lost a heart here.
Oh and Yamato shows off again the never ending use of his Mokuton jutsu
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 08:37   Link #14
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
With only 3 clones Naruto cleanly outmaneuvered Kakuzu, had he used a regular Rasengan Kakuzu would have lost a heart here.
How's that? If I understood the chapter correctly Kakuzu stops Naruto just out of range, I don't see what would have been different with a regular rasengan. Did I miss something?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:09   Link #15
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
How's that? If I understood the chapter correctly Kakuzu stops Naruto just out of range, I don't see what would have been different with a regular rasengan. Did I miss something?
Naruto did a clever trick on Kakuzu. On got caught by the strings, two more by the masks. Naruto himself had a clear opening to strike Kakuzu in his back. Fortunately enough for him, he turned around.
Too bad the jutsu didn't last long enough for him to kill Kakuzu.
This doesn't show idiocy from Naruto's part. That's something Yamato should have thought about before letting him go!

No, this was bad luck because they couldn't predict how long the Fuuton - Rasenshuriken stays fully loaded. I think it has a lot to do with the way it's made, amount of chakra and time. They didn't expect it to work out after 10 seconds or so. During training, they couldn't know, since it was always direct and instant hits.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:11   Link #16
ajay29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Kakuzu didnt stop it, naruto couldnt hold the jutsu any longer so it just dissipated...
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:23   Link #17
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Ok, now to keep my promise I made yesterday. For this chapter BOOOOOOOOOO! For God's sake, we wait a week to actually see Naruto prove himself in a 1-on-1 Akatsuki Level combat and this is what we get?! Mother******* bull**** on a platform! I haven't been this dissapointed since Sasuke's re-introduction. What a horrid, horrid chapter. I can understand Kishimoto wanting to prolong the fight but this is too damn ridiculous. Honestly if there's a moral that can be derived from this chapter is that Naruto is a complete moron without entering into his Tailed-modes. Why Kishimoto wants to kill off any possibility of Naruto becoming strong in his own right I have absolutely no idea...
Old 2007-02-01, 09:23   Link #18
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

As usual in here when there´s not a lot of blood in the chapter. It´s "BORING"!

I found this chapter to be good. The ending was cliché, but still, it´s nice to see something that doesn´t happen to often when the main character makes his grand and super-hyped entrance with his new superjutsu. He screws up! Not to forget Naruto´s reaction, if he doesn´t want to stay as a child he should probably work a bit with his behavior.

But don´t fret. Perhaps he´ll show us that jutsu next chapter.
(I still believe that on the next Jiraiya x Naruto travel, we will get to see it. If we still doesn´t get to see it I´ll give it up. )

//
It´s got to suck being the mangaka of a show that gets bashed because of too little goosebumps-moments and too little action everytime he tries do to something more or less unexpected or provide us with so called talking-chapters.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:30   Link #19
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
Naruto did a clever trick on Kakuzu. On got caught by the strings, two more by the masks. Naruto himself had a clear opening to strike Kakuzu in his back. Fortunately enough for him, he turned around.
Too bad the jutsu didn't last long enough for him to kill Kakuzu.
This doesn't show idiocy from Naruto's part. That's something Yamato should have thought about before letting him go!

No, this was bad luck because they couldn't predict how long the Fuuton - Rasenshuriken stays fully loaded. I think it has a lot to do with the way it's made, amount of chakra and time. They didn't expect it to work out after 10 seconds or so. During training, they couldn't know, since it was always direct and instant hits.
Yeah, I'll agree. Naruto didn't do anything too dumb and did show improvement. He just doesn't realize the limits of his jutsu yet. The fight is being prolonged, but at least they're making Naruto's progression natural and gradual instead of him arriving and owning Kakuzu in one move. Whatever happens, I don't want to see him use the tails to win this battle.

Question: Did Kakashi use Rakiri to cut Naruto loose or did he just put chakra into his hand like Neji? He shouldn''t be able to use Rakiri.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 09:34   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It seems that Kishi didn't want to end Kakuzu or put him in trouble in only one try from Naruto. That's understandable, but still the way to achieve it is not fun.

I hope the complete version of this jutsu becomes a throwable one, or Naruto can create wind element based extensions to create the necessary speed for the jutsu to reach its attacker much earlier than him reaching.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote