Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 16:20   Link #1081
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
So you think what they did is wrong even if they were weak, cold, dehydrated to travel on a unfamiliar mountain.
If they hadn't waited to leave, they wouldn't have been weak, cold, and dehydrated.

Quote:
Eating a human flesh to you is worse than trying to stay alive.
Yes, I do.

Quote:
What gives you the right to judge them?
You're also judging them.

Quote:
You are thinking these people know what you know as reader. No they don't know.

Even if Priscilla claims she killed the Yoma that's three dead bodies and her alive.

They do not want even to get near the damn place. Which is why they stopped bringing food and water.

You like to blame the victim with the way you are thinking.
They were smart enough to come up with the plan in the first place. And they only stopped when the smell became most apparent. And that village wasn't very big. The houses were all close together. If she really wanted to call for help, she would.

And I'm not blaming anyone. I'm merely pointing out what really happened. The villagers weren't wrong to do what they did with what they knew. Priscilla didn't say anything. It's her fault that she didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
You underestimate how harsh mountain conditions are, even when prepared for it. Do a Google search for "bodies of Mount Everest" and be amazed (and possibly grossed out). It's easy to say, in hindsight and as an outside observer, that they should just go get help, but even if those crash survivors had access to full supplies including a phone and gps many of them still wouldn't have made it down the mountain alive. Wilderness survival is no joke.
I didn't say it was easy. Just that if you're in an extreme environment, waiting around and wasting time and energy doing nothing when you still have strength in is not a good idea.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 18:04   Link #1082
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post

I didn't say it was easy. Just that if you're in an extreme environment, waiting around and wasting time and energy doing nothing when you still have strength in is not a good idea.
Actually, if you believe rescue is imminent, that is exactly what you are supposed to do.
Old 2013-09-02, 18:50   Link #1083
ellifeedn
Thinker

She could have eaten what was left of the human bodies, but she chose to eat only the Yoma.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 19:47   Link #1084
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ Exactly my point and my question, Ellifeedn.
Old 2013-09-03, 04:14   Link #1085
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
She could have eaten what was left of the human bodies, but she chose to eat only the Yoma.
I think you would rather try to avoid eating your loved ones. In her eyes her father was the one who resembled her family the least after what he had done. This is probably why she started with him.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 06:13   Link #1086
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I honestly don't see the big deal with cannibalism ... You are meat after all, just like a cow. If it will save a life, why not? People really need to get over the preconceptions society beats into their head.

As far as the chapter ... Sad ending there ... I was hoping she'd have more of a role in the series.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 11:08   Link #1087
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ In The Context Of The Story...Priscilla's cannibalism case is too radically different in that she ate a known youma-fied human.

And is it really society that beats that into your head or is it a natural aversion? The majority of people are naturally put off by the thought of eating another human being - hence why it became a part of the code of ethics for not just one, but for many societies around the world, regardless of race - and even then, the instances that it was allowed were isolated only to special circumstances.
Old 2013-10-01, 08:17   Link #1088
Dj0rel
True Believer

Well the chinese scan of chapter 143 is out. Looks interesting. If I find a summary soon will post it.
Old 2013-10-01, 13:29   Link #1089
Yorae_paladin1

Spoiler:
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 14:27   Link #1090
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for Ch 143:
Old 2013-10-01, 16:05   Link #1091
Fwarlord

So Raki will have a heartwarming reunion with Priscilla in the next chapter. I'm sure they have many to say to each other after being separated for so long.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 03:31   Link #1092
AdventSleeper

Assuming that was Raki,

Yaaay he'll be back in the story again.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 05:13   Link #1093
CBredbeard
Banned

This isn't the first time something like this came up. Jean did something similar to Clare. When Clare tried to Awaken to fight Priscilla, the "curse" overrode that desire. It would seem that in their final moments either before death or Awakening, a Claymore can leave an impression on themselves or someone close to them.

Ophelia might have imparted something to her as we saw Ophelia's face when the Destroyer attempted to absorb Priscilla. The only connection the Destroyer had to Ophelia was through Clare.

Clare felt something from Irene at the presumed moment of her death at the hands of Raphael.

Raphael gave Clare her own abilities shortly before fading away.

Riful Jr. hated Priscilla, which if we're too assume that Riful Jr. was someone different from Riful would indicate that it gained Riful's feelings before her death.

It really might have less to do with Clare being special than it might be a trait they all have. Clare has encountered many people who she was close to who died while being near her.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:24   Link #1094
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Clarice...

For such a seemingly minor character... she had all my feels with the last couple of chapters. Also, stoic girls are stoic... seriously, I would have pitched a fit if I saw all of that go down. So sad to see a genuinely good person/character like her go down and not even be remembered by the one whom she protected the most. Without a doubt, this girl has earned a spot in Vahalla.
Old 2013-10-02, 23:58   Link #1095
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This is the most Miata has ever talked, or even expressed herself. Clarice didn't just remove her memories, she must have unlocked something in Miata's mind. She couldn't remove Miata's feelings though, so the tragedy is that Miata is grieving for someone who is like her mother, but she can't remember who. To compound the feels, everyone around her knows exactly who it is, but can never tell Miata for fear that it would break and reawaken her. I'm glad Galatea was there for the hugs.

It's a great parallel to the end of the chapter, with Dae talking about the repression Priscilla put on herself. It's kind of been obvious from the first time we met her, all the way back at the beginning of the story, and hinted time and again until now.

And going back to Claire, there's lots of repression going on.

I wonder, since the story is going this route, if Yagi will ever explain two scenes from the past:

1. Claire's dream when she passed out after sparring with Miria when they first met.

2. Raphaela's warning to Claire about "a terrible mistake".

Ah well. Next chapter prediction: Dae isn't dead yet, and won't shut up.

Last edited by Solace; 2013-10-04 at 23:44. Reason: Miria, not Miata. Eesh.
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 10:56   Link #1096
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Next chapter prediction: Dae isn't dead yet, and won't shut up.
I don't want Dae to die yet. I wanna know how he got them scars. Soo maybe Pricilla could stick some of her flesh into him and something.

I can totally see Galatea being Minta's foster mother.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:19   Link #1097
CBredbeard
Banned

Miata's a woman now. She can become #1.
Old 2013-10-29, 08:13   Link #1098
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Finally caught up to the current issue after so long of holding it back. So amazing glad I started to read after the anime but it took like 3-4 years to actually start
Old 2013-10-31, 13:25   Link #1099
Dj0rel
True Believer

Summary of chapter 144 by God Eye Galatea from mangahelpers.

Spoiler for chapter 144:
Old 2013-10-31, 18:38   Link #1100
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

End game - it has come.