AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 16:23   Link #10041
Kakurin
大佐

It seems this extra chapter was only inserted in order to adjust the release date of chapter 450.
Old 2014-04-18, 17:36   Link #10042
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
It seems this extra chapter was only inserted in order to adjust the release date of chapter 450.
Is there something special about that date?

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 17:58   Link #10043
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Is there something special about that date?
Hata said it's so Chapter 450 would have a color page. The reason for that, no one can say.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 19:29   Link #10044
GDB

Looked like it was going to be another unimportant (but more humorous, since it involved the baka trio) chapter. Somehow Hata tied it into A-tan's story. Looks like she's going to get "promoted" next chapter too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 19:50   Link #10045
MCAL

Oh how I laughed at that ending. Hata-sensei really is a master troll.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 19:51   Link #10046
madmac

Hata is such a troll. It's impossible to predict what he's going to do week to week.

And now, with a double cliff-hanger in effect, a two week wait for the next chapter.
Old 2014-04-20, 19:52   Link #10047
ChampDream
Alive

So that explain why Kotetsu was there.
It was a funny chapter that at least was able to tied with plot.
Old 2014-04-20, 21:04   Link #10048
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh gawd.... a murderer
Hata-sensei is a genius in making this kind of chapter (although "Athena arc" is still his best work so far)

*click*
I have enough of loli A-tan... time to meet the real one!!! YAY!! *cheers*
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 21:11   Link #10049
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
*click*
I have enough of loli A-tan... time to meet the real one!!! YAY!! *cheers*
In before it breaks or has some silly delay.
Old 2014-04-21, 00:16   Link #10050
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Oh how I laughed at that ending. Hata-sensei really is a master troll.
*lol* Yes, he got us good on that one. I was thinking like many of the the rest of you, "Oh great. More bloody filler? Well, at least he remembered that video competition of Risa's, Miki's, and Izumi's from just before the doujinshi competition." Then we get a perverted character right out of The Slayers, and I laughed out loud.

Still, I was surprised that Ah-tan was seemingly caught off guard by that and apparently had no defense ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
So that explain why Kotetsu was there.
It was a funny chapter that at least was able to tied with plot.
That's the thing about Hata-sensei -- even stuff one presumes is just being done for a joke (Kotatsu being there on the beach to be abused by Hayate) actually has a means to the madness behind the scenes.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2014-04-21, 02:10   Link #10051
Kakurin
大佐

That ending really surprised me. Thought it was just another meaningless filler. But the most important news: A-tan finally returns!
Old 2014-04-21, 18:41   Link #10052
mitsuganae

And the mehsidequest continues . . .
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 11:28   Link #10053
Divini
Senpai!

I actually had a really good laugh from that chapter. The combination of the 'WTF' factor with a 'filler' chapter surprisingly connected to the ongoing plot... It's been a while.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 20:44   Link #10054
MCAL

I was wondering where she got those clothes too.

So Hata finally explained why Aika was near Athena's Castle's ruins all that time ago.

So I suppose it went something like this. Athena transformed back into a kid and then found a way to change back for a few moments, where Aika probably told her what happened and then Athena went to warn Hayate, where she then turned back into a child, so she could then find a way to return to her original form through proper means (I assume this one is permanent? Or at least it lasts longer).

Meanwhile, I think Aika made more shocked faces these last couple of chapters then she has the entire manga.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-04-27 at 20:57.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:01   Link #10055
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for chapter:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:23   Link #10056
GDB

Man, that last panel was great. "Where did those clothes come from?"
Old 2014-04-27, 21:39   Link #10057
ChampDream
Alive

Aika reaction was really funny.
I was also wondering about the clothes too, well at least A-tan got a nice dress
Old 2014-04-27, 21:49   Link #10058
madmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I was wondering where she got those clothes too.

So Hata finally explained why Aika was near Athena's Castle's ruins all that time ago.

So I suppose it went something like this. Athena transformed back into a kid and then found a way to change back for a few moments, where Aika probably told her what happened and then Athena went to warn Hayate, where she then turned back into a child, so she could then find a way to return to her original form through proper means (I assume this one is permanent? Or at least it lasts longer).

Meanwhile, I think Aika made more shocked faces these last couple of chapters then she has the entire manga.
That's pretty much my assumption.

I do expect this transformation will be longer lasting. Spending three months filling up your power bar for just a few minutes of adult time would be pretty sad and I don't think it will happen.

She'll still have the curse, which means she can be made into a child again if the story requires it, that's probably enough of a limiting factor.
Old 2014-04-27, 22:02   Link #10059
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I do expect this transformation will be longer lasting. Spending three months filling up your power bar for just a few minutes of adult time would be pretty sad and I don't think it will happen.
In this case, I'm thinking just the opposite, though it may be as much as a few hours or so of time. Regardless, returning Athena permanently to her adult form would act as a strong motivator for Hayate to lift the curse from her.

Old 2014-04-28, 00:48   Link #10060
zibi88

I guess Athena will ask... how he was able to leave the royal garen back in the past.... and I wonder... what if hayate will fall to the same curse and becomes small xD

I guess next chapter will contain everything that is not related to Athena... so we will go back to her in 450
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen