AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-25, 23:26   Link #161
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Not only does this series remind me of true tears stylistic wise but the Natsume hatin by some of the auidence reminds me of Hiromi hatin its actually hilarious. Nostalgic even .
the difference was you knew who was going to win from the beginning of TT. here, it's a little more ambiguous because Natsume liked someone else at the beginning of the show and throughout the time Eita was gone. The parallel to Hiromi and Noe's brother doesn't line up well.

one thing is for sure though, Komiya is much better than Noe.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 02:47   Link #162
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I am most certainly a veteran of the TT shipping wars, and I definitely don't recall a widespread acceptance that Hitomi was a fait acompli. And as a die-hard Hitomi partisan, I was personally certain Noe was going to end up on top.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 15:34   Link #163
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently caught up on Just Because. While I found Episode 1 kinda dull and almost aimless, I really enjoyed Episodes 2 and 3. And from Episode 4 on, I've found this show very good. A highly engaging and interesting show.

Overall, it's a very good mix of romance drama and SoL.

Like other people here, I see similarities between this and True Tears.

In fact, I think a decent nutshell description of Just Because is the following:
A less colorful and more realistic True Tears.

By "less colorful", I mean literally so. But just to be clear, I've grown used to this show's visual style. It does suit the show's overall style and tone.

By "more realistic"... as much as I like Noe, she's not exactly a realistic character. All of the characters in Just Because seem pretty realistic and reasonably close to "normal teenager" to me. Komiya has a colorful and energetic personality, but she still basically comes across as having a teenager's maturity and general outlook on things.

My favorite Just Because characters so far are Haruto and Natsume. Haruto is frequently comedy gold, and his personality is so bro-esque in all the right ways. Natsume reminds me a little of Hibike's Kumiko, and I like Natsume's subtle charm.

While I like Haruto and Natsume a lot, I don't ship them together. Haruto/Hazuki and Natsume/Izumi both just feel right to me, so that's where my shipping preferences are leaning right now. I like Komiya, she's a fun character that rounds out the cast nicely, but I feel her relationship with Izumi has been a little one-sided so far.

As for Natsume's "no" answer to Komiya... Well, don't ask a question if you're not prepared to get an answer. The whole reason Komiya is bothering to give Natsume this "heads-up" question is because Komiya knows that Natsume may very well have an issue with Komiya confessing to Izumi. And sure enough, yeah, Natsume doesn't want that to happen.

Now, I think it would be fair for Komiya to say to Natsume "No? So what does that mean? Do you want to confess to him then?"

Something like that would be good I think. But in any event, I'm eagerly looking forward to Episode 8!
Old 2017-11-26, 16:39   Link #164
bones

Oh? Do you have any spoilers to share?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 17:14   Link #165
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Yes, the novel has ended. It's a bit weird that they didn't wait till after the anime ended, but released it now instead.
@Cinnamon how many volumes did the novel have?
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 17:16   Link #166
Cinnamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilia View Post
@Cinnamon how many volumes did the novel have?
Just one, it's a compilation of chapters from several magazines. It's 322 pages and pretty good.
Old 2017-11-26, 17:23   Link #167
Roxanne
メンバー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Just one, it's a compilation of chapters from several magazines. It's 322 pages and pretty good.
your spoiler comment made me happy Thanks for information again @Cinnamon
Old 2017-11-26, 17:42   Link #168
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Cinnamon, delete that post. Spoilers are not allowed even under spoiler tags.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 13:28   Link #169
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

All these True Tears discussion got me thinking about how close the Hitomi=Natsume and Komiya=Noe comparisons are, but it doesn't really fit.

- Komiya isn't close to being as annoying as Noe

- Hitomi wasn't as close to MC-kun as Izumi to Natsume is, they lived in the same house but they didn't really talk, Hitomi actively ignored MC-kun as well.

- The whole point of TT is to Make Noe Cry Again

- Komiya doesn't have a pet chicken

In short, Juse Because > True Tears
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 12:14   Link #170
wuhugm
Confused Shark

EP 8

The "Just Because" line really appears lol

- I told you no
> Do I need your permission?
- Then, why do you ask?
> JUST BECAUSE LOLOLOLOL

Komiya won that battle

Btw, Morikawa at the end was georgeous
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 12:40   Link #171
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Oh boy what should i say here?
This episode fundamentally confirmed how Komiya being EXTRA to story and is not needed. The whole episode about her literally filler and waste a time with her infatuate to Eita. I honestly skipped her part due the cringe.
In the end the story maybe will be more interesting if Komiya being main character swapped by other character likes Inui or Saru or Mayuko since them has closer ties with other main characters than Komiya herself which should be in supporting cast.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 13:18   Link #172
Pen3

I wonder why is Natsume following and even trying to look like her sister, just like that old photo suggest. Maybe it has something to do with a possibility that Eita had a crush on Mina-san and thats why it didn't work out before he moved?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 13:35   Link #173
AB079
Banned

This episode did nothing but confirm that Komiya is only a character added to push some really cliche and mediocre stuff in the story. She's quite a nice character and someone who has the guts to face what she really wants, in this case her feelings for Eita meanwhile Natsume is still the worst character of the whole series.

Despite knowing about Komiya's feelings I don't see Eita doing anything that can give her some hopes, at least he keeps in mind his true feelings and never forget about that.

Holy sh** Morikawa looks so beautiful, honestly Souma and Morikawa are the best of this series.

PS: I really wonder if the series will follow the Novel ending or it'll be original.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 13:42   Link #174
Roxanne
メンバー

I am happy that Natsume starting to jealous Izumi. <3 Thanks God stalker Komiya isnt a main heroine of the anime. Komiya is really the most annoying girl in the anime...
Old 2017-11-30, 13:45   Link #175
Cinnamon

Would be nice for an original ending, the novel felt a bit crude so the added scenes of the anime really makes it the definitive version.
Old 2017-11-30, 14:12   Link #176
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wow, these characters sure do run into each other by accident an awful lot. Ironic as hell when Izumi actually used it as an excuse with Natsume.

Happens another two times this episode.

And yeah, it looks like my worst fears were confirmed. They're gonna drag this Komiya thing out. I've been impressed by the writing thus far so this is quite a disappointment really. Moreover, it seems like the writing doesn't seem to have much sense of self awareness. It tries to pass off Komiya's love as cutesy instead of the tragedy we can all see coming a mile away. Even the writers for Chuuni 2 were smarter than that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 16:00   Link #177
AntonKutovoi

Hoho. Seems like the ship wars are starting. Good, good, add the fuel to the ships. Let the fans of two characters fight. And when one of the ships finally goes down, it will be a great sight to behold. I can't wait.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 16:20   Link #178
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

So much unjistified hate for Komiya. But I leve it as it is cause I doubt mods will be on my side.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 16:53   Link #179
AB079
Banned

The problem here is quite simple.

Natsume doesn't have enough character development to be considered a likeable character, she's mainly doing all wrong choosing the sideways instead of going straight to the point (like Morikawa) and it feels like the series is rushing things, which don't help her cause.

Komiya is not better than Natsume by any means but one little thing that makes the difference between the two of them is the chemistry she has with Eita, something that is not present with Natsume at all. Also she's doing what she needs to do in order to reach Eita, which is something that probably is not going to happen (Eita really loves Natsume).

In the end the way this love triangle was developed leaves a lot to be desired and it doesn't feel right, is forced and sometimes even nonsensical. That's why IMO, Morikawa and Souma were the best of the series.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 17:45   Link #180
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

poor Komiya. going through that whole date only to hear Eita say he's doing everything he's doing because he likes Natsume. Also, poor Natsume. unable to actually saw what she wants to say.

that said, we're only 8 episodes in. White Album 2 didn't hit "top of the genre" status until its last 3 episodes.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote