AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-02, 16:19   Link #21
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I never got around to watching the original, but I think I will like this. I know the manga is finished, but should I be worried that this is only 52 eps? I think the original was longer right?
Old 2021-04-03, 10:46   Link #22
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
That early reveal definitely leaves a bad impression, just like FF7Remake's.
Old 2021-04-04, 12:05   Link #23
SILENTANIMELOVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I never got around to watching the original, but I think I will like this. I know the manga is finished, but should I be worried that this is only 52 eps? I think the original was longer right?
It was. 64 episodes. But some of them were non-canonical filler and the ending was bogus.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 11:49   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was alright. I do kind of remember watching a few episodes of the original in the past. Though subbed or dubbed I can't recall. It looks good and I'm kind of curious to see the story play out.

MC is a pretty good guy at his core. Kind of surprised how relatively easy it was to recruit his deceased ally. It did require some work, but all wrapped up pretty smoothly in the first episode. Guess we'll see how this partnership develops over time.
Old 2021-04-05, 14:54   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about that, I'd worry about the fact the manga ending was a mess (due to an axe).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 19:36   Link #26
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about that, I'd worry about the fact the manga ending was a mess (due to an axe).
This adaptation is based on the manga's complete edition, which had three additional volumes and a proper ending.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-05, 21:08   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

From episode 1 alone, I'm more worried about the pacing and the event-rearrangement they're doing.

They just blazed through the story of Amidamaru & Mosuke like there's no tomorrow, not allowing the events to develop, breathe & sink in for newcomers. But the most puzzling decision being the very first scene with Hao that they pulled. That scene alone already ruined the future revelation event in the story going forward. That's already one relatively major mistake that this reboot has done in episode 1 alone.

To refresh my mind, I actually re-watch episode 1 of the old SK anime, and let me tell you: the visuals might not be as good as this reboot, but the older episode 1 was better-directed, it has funnier comedic timing & gags and (surprisingly) better & more energetic voice-acting.

And don't even start with me about the new OP. The old OPs made this new one sounds like an ED.

Damn, I was one of the biggest supporters of this reboot, but now episode 1 made me worry. Really worry.
Old 2021-04-06, 09:14   Link #28
alex_drian

Feels wrong. If I have to put it in a word it would be...dry.

I don't know if the OP is generic or the ones of the first anime were so top-tier that this one looks generic in comparison.

Actually, unpopular opinion. I liked more the how they resolve the thing in the old anime than in the manga, so than I wasn't very hyped to see. Aside of than, there is a lot of thing between than I really want to see but with only 52 episodes they probably are gonna trim a bit here and there.

Chocolove being the personification of censorship still hurts.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 09:30   Link #29
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

without getting into spoilers, or just let me know if it will be addressed in the future:

Is there a current Shaman King?

How is the Shaman King recognized, like they have to battle everyone?
Old 2021-04-08, 09:53   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
without getting into spoilers, or just let me know if it will be addressed in the future:

Is there a current Shaman King?

How is the Shaman King recognized, like they have to battle everyone?
Telling you here right now will be spoiler.

But yes, it will be addressed in the future (if the anime reach that plot point and adapt the manga well with no shenanigans). It's the title of the manga, after all.
Old 2021-04-08, 15:49   Link #31
grecefar

Huh I don't remember bason having a face or ren shining jacket lol, still it was a nice fight.

Chibi yoh is so cute and lazy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 20:35   Link #32
alex_drian

Well, at least Anna looks better than ever. I will give them that.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-15, 18:53   Link #33
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

What happened to the sword Yoh took from the museum? Will he always have to grab a pipe from the floor in order to use Amidamaru?
Old 2021-04-15, 20:44   Link #34
grecefar

Quote:
What happened to the sword Yoh took from the museum? Will he always have to grab a pipe from the floor in order to use Amidamaru?
He should've return it since it was sword from a museum and he only borrow it to make amidamaru pass on. Don't worry he will have his own weapon.

So chapter 3 was vs tao jun and the seeds of the shaman tournament are in place, next is ryu chapter, looking foward to it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 18:37   Link #35
tuckersister

Anna is still the queen as always.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-18, 22:29   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anna is a piece of work. I know she was helpful by the end. But she is really slap happy when it is and even when it isn't justified. Someone that isn't going to be fighting really shouldn't be hitting as many people as she is. I don't hate her character, but man she's not making herself all that likable either.

This was a solid episode though. Honestly I would have been a bit more satisfied having the martial artist go to heaven with his master. Considering how he was murdered and his corpse was manipulated he should get a rest. I get that Tao Jun is attractive, but she totally deserves to go back to her family in disgrace. Not sure how heaven in this series works, but I wonder if he couldn't just work on his martial art up there.

Regardless Yoh really needs to get a legit weapon and soon. This is getting dicey for him and random sticks and pipes aren't going to cut it for long.
Old 2021-05-01, 17:30   Link #37
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
OVERSOUL playing was such a good moment, and perfect for the scene too!
Also, is it just me or is Ren way more Sasuke in this adaptation?