AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-06-15, 19:48   Link #321
Tenken

Send a message via AIM to Tenken
I got it now Thanks for explaining it. I ordered the Macross - The Complete Remastered Series DVD Set (not Robotech) from Robotech.com. Can't wait until it gets here.

That's pretty interesting how they changed it from Macross to Robotech for the US.
Tenken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 21:40   Link #322
Aetheri

When Right Stuf says that their Geneon sale lasts until June 27, they mean that the sale will no longer be occurring on June 27, right? So if I wait until tomorrow to buy, I´m screwed?
Aetheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 22:50   Link #323
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

dragon ball

Im not sure where to get em i want to show my freind dragon ball jap with subs.
uncut where can i get the dvds
gothlink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 07:05   Link #324
kyokii
Desu~! Desu~! Desu~!

Has anyone ordered DVDs from Amazon.co.jp?

I've never ordered DVDs from them as of this moment...

I am hesitant to order the R2 releases of Sola from them.

Why?

I frequently order a BUNCH of magazines from them and the packaging is very shabby. There isn't any filling material inside the box and the magazines tend to bump around and get messed up during shipping from overseas, not that I mind for magazines really... but it's sad that they don't package my things as carefully as I wish they would.

So... DVDs carry a hefty price and I want to know if they pack it any different than what I have experienced so far with magazines before I invest a bunch of money into them. If I am going to pay hundreds of dollars for the DVDs, I expect them to be in good condition...

Last edited by kyokii; 2007-07-06 at 07:27.
kyokii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 06:26   Link #325
Computer_guy

Send a message via MSN to Computer_guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken View Post
I got it now Thanks for explaining it. I ordered the Macross - The Complete Remastered Series DVD Set (not Robotech) from Robotech.com. Can't wait until it gets here.

That's pretty interesting how they changed it from Macross to Robotech for the US.
Yeah i got the Remasteres seies too. Well in Robotech, they have different sagas, the first one is the Macross series, then it goes to the New Generation, then to something else. i have gotten that far yet. I'm only ep 46 right now.
Computer_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 04:23   Link #326
bladedancer

Anime movies in Singapore where to buy??

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Anime Shop that sells DVD or VCD in Singapore? Haven't been very fortunate. Thanks in advance.
bladedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 08:43   Link #327
shiro83

There is a place in Sim Lim Square 3rd floor. Nice selection of anime DVDs there.
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 20:35   Link #328
lftwgr

KKnM / Anime House at Sunshine Plaza in Bencoolen Street area. See their website. They're imports so they're naturally better than the crap Odex pumps out. Detailed address here.

Warning: Don't make the same mistake I did when I was a newbie - they only open in the afternoons up till 7 or so.

Quote:
There is a place in Sim Lim Square 3rd floor. Nice selection of anime DVDs there.
Nope, they dropped out of that place. Haven't the faintest clue where they are now. Anyone who has any ideas please voice out!
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 06:09   Link #329
shiro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
Nope, they dropped out of that place. Haven't the faintest clue where they are now. Anyone who has any ideas please voice out!
Oh, is that so? That's too bad as it was a good place selling DVDs...
shiro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 04:51   Link #330
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
KKnM / Anime House at Sunshine Plaza in Bencoolen Street area. See their website. They're imports so they're naturally better than the crap Odex pumps out. Detailed address here.
They're bootlegs.

If you don't mind reading traditional Chinese, go to Chinatown Point. There's a shop there that brings in the Taiwanese releases.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 19:02   Link #331
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
So Blu-Ray disks include Japan and the US in the same region. This means that I could order anime on Blu-Ray disks from Japan, that is if I could figure out how to find Blu-Ray on amazon.co.jp Could anyone help me out by pointing me to the Blu-Ray section on amazon.co.jp, if they even have one?

If amazon.co.jp doesn't have a Blu-Ray section, could anyone point me to a site that does sell Japanese Blu-Ray movies? Thanks ahead of time!
Old 2007-08-22, 00:02   Link #332
jque

Buying Region 2 DVDs

My group has been looking for a raw source, we have decided to buy the region 2 dvds but are unsure of which is the best place to go for the cheapest ones. I have tried Amazon Japan and YesAsia so far but... could anyone suggest any better alternatives?
jque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 00:26   Link #333
Zanejin
*Fansubber

CDJapan is a good place, too.
Old 2007-08-22, 02:11   Link #334
jfs
Aegisub dev

And do remember that DVD's in Japan are generally always expensive, you won't get it much cheaper than at any of those three shops mentioned so far.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 05:15   Link #335
cyth
Banned

My favorite is actually HMV. What's great about them is that their discounts are comparable to Amazon JP's (around -20%), but they also have cheap EMS shipping. It's 1500 yen no matter the quantity and it's fast. They have a point discount system that can save regular customers quite a bit of money. They also translate most of their offered items.

CDJapan has lots of shipping options, but they generally don't offer any discounts. They do have a point system though, and they're famous for good overview of their inventory, so you can generally know whether you're buying a limited edition or a regular edition, even if you think you're late for (pre)ordering those.

Amazon JP's weakness is their ridiculously expensive DHL shipping. They stopped their economy shipping back in March, so you're forced to use DHL. They have recently implemented the point system though.

The only problem I have with HMV is that you can't apply to their affiliates program unless you have a Japanese bank account. I'd really like to link to them from my blog more often. ^^;
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 05:46   Link #336
myu

Big ups to DeepDiscount for my 2x2=Shinobuden quick shipping and safe arrival
myu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 05:02   Link #337
saikou

Granted that the local Best Buy is the only well-stocked retailer of r1 DVD's with fye at the local mall comming in #2 and darn near everyone else selling DVD's locally a distant third.... but anyway... I can't seem to find any shops selling Air on r1 DVD. So I figured I'd post here and see if any American ota, particularly from Washington state, have seen Air on the shelves of any retailers. I find it wierd that the aforementioned retailers seemed to be carrying similar series, or at least other series that wouldn't sell to the naruto-types (Rozen Maiden, anyone?). I guess there's always Right Stuff and Amazon if the local shops fail me on this one.

Any leads on where Air vol 1 has been spotted would be much appreciated.
saikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 17:45   Link #338
Dkong1026

Why isn't Rightstuf.com not on the list?
I've seen a few people posting about it, but it's not on there.
I think they're the best place to shop at. When they run deals, you can get some real cheap DVDs. Also, new releases tend to be cheap ($17 for Black Lagoon volume 2?).
Dkong1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 19:54   Link #339
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikou View Post
Granted that the local Best Buy is the only well-stocked retailer of r1 DVD's with fye at the local mall comming in #2 and darn near everyone else selling DVD's locally a distant third.... but anyway... I can't seem to find any shops selling Air on r1 DVD. So I figured I'd post here and see if any American ota, particularly from Washington state, have seen Air on the shelves of any retailers. I find it wierd that the aforementioned retailers seemed to be carrying similar series, or at least other series that wouldn't sell to the naruto-types (Rozen Maiden, anyone?). I guess there's always Right Stuff and Amazon if the local shops fail me on this one.

Any leads on where Air vol 1 has been spotted would be much appreciated.
Actually, I just got my copy from BestBuy the other day (but I'm in New York state); you *can* check their stock on their web site by choosing "in-store pickup" and typing in your zip code, and it should show which nearby stores have what you're looking for.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 21:06   Link #340
saikou

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, no 0/6 Best Buys in my area are carrying it. In fact, very few Best Buys in the Pacific NW seem to be carrying them. 1 out of 6 best buys listed for the Seattle area, 1 out of 6 best buys listed for the Portland, OR area. Considering both metro areas are quite a ways out of my way, i think I'll be sticking with the internets for getting my Air DVD's.

Still curious what other retail chains are carrying Air, if anyone else reading this thread has seen it.
saikou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime