Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-22, 14:05   Link #101
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
*meh* Even gods lie sometimes ^^

Not that I've watched with the subs the ending seems more clear to me that rika saved takano from that awful future - yay!
Yet again I have to say that this is an awesome ep...what a way to finish things (and its good that noone died, even takano ^^).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-22, 14:45   Link #102
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
*meh* Even gods lie sometimes ^^

Not that I've watched with the subs the ending seems more clear to me that rika saved takano from that awful future - yay!
Yet again I have to say that this is an awesome ep...what a way to finish things (and its good that noone died, even takano ^^).
That wasn't Rika
Old 2007-12-22, 14:47   Link #103
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well damn that really was a great episode to finish things. Just happy to see that Rika finally made it. After all the tough worlds, the dangers, and sadness they finally broke through fate to a brighter future. Being able to live in a time that you have never experienced and finally get to grow and live your life fully.

Things were getting close near the end. Sure Takano only had one shot, but one is enough to ruin that world and lose an important friend. Mion really showed her stuff by standing strong in that situation. I don't doubt that Hanyuu would have died for her friends. They all care about each other so much and have strong bonds.

Maybe I'm just a little off, but after everything that has happened was glad to have things fall apart for Takano. No matter if I can understand her or any of it just nice to finally have things turn out like this for her. Just glad she is out of the picture and everyone made it out alright.

Just really a great episode and glad for all the characters.
Old 2007-12-22, 14:55   Link #104
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I don't doubt that Hanyuu would have died for her friends.
You know Hanyuu was planning to deflect the bullet

Quote:
Maybe I'm just a little off, but after everything that has happened was glad to have things fall apart for Takano. No matter if I can understand her or any of it just nice to finally have things turn out like this for her. Just glad she is out of the picture and everyone made it out alright.
Also Takano isn't out of the picture because she escapes from the clinic
Old 2007-12-22, 15:03   Link #105
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Stop throwing spoilers left and right Sterling. Let people discover things by themselves.
Old 2007-12-22, 15:06   Link #106
MarthX

That's not a spoiler. It was told at the end of Matsuribayashi. It's just info that wasn't shown in the anime.
Old 2007-12-22, 15:14   Link #107
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Stop throwing spoilers left and right Sterling. Let people discover things by themselves.
Both things I've said aren't spoilers just things the anime left out
Old 2007-12-22, 15:29   Link #108
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

What if they are planning to introduce them in some obscure way in the third season? (ala season 1 conclusion in the first episode of season 2). You never know. Hence why don't adopt a wait and see attitude

edit: the smilie collection of this board never ceases to amuse me...
Old 2007-12-22, 15:36   Link #109
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Well if DEEN does I would be amazed
Old 2007-12-22, 15:48   Link #110
Kristen
*Author

So, it's finally over. I felt like it was an appropriate ending for a wonderful series. To me, this is the end of the actual storyline. 3rd season will just be like an OVA that airs on television. Though I do want to see the true end to the story.

I think the only thing I really regret is that I knew the ending to this before it aired, which was that Hanyuu averts the bullet, and that Tomitake saves Takano's life because of the Hinimizawa syndrome. Stupid wikipedia had so many spoilers. Everything else in this entire series was new to me, and it was a fun ride.

This episode succeeded in making me feel sorry for Takano. Sure, I know that she would go on a mass murder if they didn't do all of that, but I still kind of pitied her.

Only questions I still have are how Satoko died in the 1st arc, Irie died in most of the arcs, and Rika's father died in Matsuribiyashi. It's like, I can understand how someone claws out their throat and dies, but I cannot understand how these people just randomly died/committed suicide.

Overall, Meakashi-hen still wins as the best arc.

This episode gets a 9/10. Great way to end a great series. Just a little slow at times, it felt.
Old 2007-12-22, 15:57   Link #111
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Only questions I still have are how Satoko died in the 1st arc, Irie died in most of the arcs, and Rika's father died in Matsuribiyashi. It's like, I can understand how someone claws out their throat and dies, but I cannot understand how these people just randomly died/committed suicide.
They didn't just randomly die, Takano killed them/had them killed
Old 2007-12-22, 16:08   Link #112
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
They didn't just randomly die, Takano killed them/had them killed
I know. I just don't know how. Like, she injected Tomitake with some drug to make him L5. What did she do to them?
Old 2007-12-22, 16:39   Link #113
Eryops

Quote:
A Yamainu was shown sneaking into her room in Yakusamashi-hen. Putting 2 and 2 together isn't that hard. Irie is killed in every arc. He's the fall guy for Tomitake's and Takano's murders, so the Yamainu give him a drug overdose and make it seem like a suicide. Rika's father is poisoned and then rushed to the Irie clinic where Takano finishes him off.
Old 2007-12-22, 19:03   Link #114
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
A Yamainu was shown sneaking into her room in Yakusamashi-hen. Putting 2 and 2 together isn't that hard. Irie is killed in every arc. He's the fall guy for Tomitake's and Takano's murders, so the Yamainu give him a drug overdose and make it seem like a suicide. Rika's father is poisoned and then rushed to the Irie clinic where Takano finishes him off.
Ah, I get it! Thank you very much.
Old 2007-12-22, 19:53   Link #115
Eryops

Here's a matroska release containing Hauu~'s subs, though it wasn't created by that group.

Edit: And here's the real release.

Last edited by Eryops; 2007-12-22 at 20:32.
Old 2007-12-22, 20:03   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
This episode succeeded in making me feel sorry for Takano. Sure, I know that she would go on a mass murder if they didn't do all of that, but I still kind of pitied her.
Takano was a very well told character --- it's very upsetting to think that the main drive that kept pushing her to do all this was her Grandfather/his work. Seeing her break-down in this episode completely destroyed me.

Takano living on, being given another chance so to say was a nice touch, a lovely touch to her story.
Old 2007-12-22, 20:07   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
That wasn't Rika
Well technically it is rika but her "other, older self who traveled through time". But it is too confusing to think what kind of entity she really is so I'll just stick to rika due to my ignorance XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-22, 20:25   Link #118
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well technically it is rika but her "other, older self who traveled through time". But it is too confusing to think what kind of entity she really is so I'll just stick to rika due to my ignorance XD
Bernkastel seems quite different from Rika. She's able to manipulate the fragments at will in order to alter the development of new worlds for her personal amusement and generally seems to view humans as if they were her toys. Even if you discount what's said in the Tea Party in Legend of the Golden Witch, she still considers herself a completely separate entity from Rika. Her origins are admittedly unknown, but even if she is some future version of Rika her knowledge, attitude and abilities are sufficiently different that she shouldn't be lumped together with her.
Old 2007-12-22, 21:03   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
You know Hanyuu was planning to deflect the bullet
Well obviously. I don't think it suddenly came to her in that small moment that a bullet was hurtling towards her head. Was talking about if she didn't have the ability to deflect a bullet whether she would have still gone in there.
Old 2007-12-22, 22:09   Link #120
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Well obviously. I don't think it suddenly came to her in that small moment that a bullet was hurtling towards her head. Was talking about if she didn't have the ability to deflect a bullet whether she would have still gone in there.
We all know that if she didn't have that ability, and if that was just by luck, inside, she was prolly going, " TT__TT AUAUAUAUAUAUAU~ "

Other than that, great ending...if season 3 won't use the extra arcs in it, I'd like to see ALL of the characters older like Rena (first epi,) and Rika.
Closed Thread