Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-02-25, 05:58   Link #1101
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
nop absolutely no idea, just played fate stay night games which originated from his novel~~ and the fighting rocks but the story sucks xD.
Nasu's works are definitely not your type :P.

Quote:
By the way, is it possible to understand most of the stuffs from the movie released so far? Or do you need to go read those damn novels to get an idea~~
I have played/read several of his works so there's no problem for me. Some of the symbols, concepts are also from Eastern/Asian philosophy or religious, which I'm familiar with so there's no problem with this either.

I think many Asian (especially Chinese and Japanese) would not have much problem in understanding Nasu's work but I might be wrong though (because many people might not be interesed in philosophy at all :P)

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 06:21   Link #1102
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
How do you know that the original has not long since shuffled its mortal coil and those were both puppets?
It doesn't matter, because it is impossible to tell which are the "puppets" and which is the original - there is no way to difference between the two, and no real reason for her to care. The concept of "original" or "puppet" is redundant here, because they are exactly the same.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:05   Link #1103
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I do wonder if they going to make THE epilogue of KnK.
Old 2009-02-25, 23:47   Link #1104
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I do wonder if they going to make THE epilogue of KnK.
Isn't it quite short? Maybe they'll add it as an after-credit epilogue after the 7th movie or something...or a blu-ray special..when/if that ever comes out.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 19:23   Link #1105
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Hmmm, it probably has been awhile already, but I heard that Del Rey has licensed the Kara no Kyoukai novel and that it'll be released somewhere in the mid 2009. Anyone knows more about this and the whereabouts I can find the book when it is released? Much appreciated.
Old 2009-03-01, 22:03   Link #1106
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Did anyone listen to the OSTs of DVD Volumes 4 and 5? Are they multiple tracks in them?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 03:24   Link #1107
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Did anyone listen to the OSTs of DVD Volumes 4 and 5? Are they multiple tracks in them?
I have Chapter 4 has 15 tracks and Chapter 5 has 26 tracks

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 06:20   Link #1108
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I see.

Well, thanks. I'll see if I can track them down.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 10:31   Link #1109
Ottocycle

Oh wow, Kalafina's first album, titled Seventh Heaven just came out.

It comes with the theme song for the final movie, and the song shares the same title as well.

Apt enough, I guess. Meanwhile, I am driving myself nuts listening to the absolutely awesome Fukan Fuukei main theme piece remix that became the prologue track for this CD, titled overture.

I'd suggest not listening to the theme songs until you get to them in the credits of the movies, that has enhanced my appreciation for those songs greatly to be honest.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 20:53   Link #1110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think she would create a Kalafina thread in the music section for more talk on their first album.
Old 2009-03-04, 10:45   Link #1111
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Hmmm, it probably has been awhile already, but I heard that Del Rey has licensed the Kara no Kyoukai novel and that it'll be released somewhere in the mid 2009. Anyone knows more about this and the whereabouts I can find the book when it is released? Much appreciated.
I'm interested in this two. Last I heard was that there was going to be two parts, one in the spring, one in the fall. But reading the books in English would just be amazing...
Old 2009-03-04, 19:26   Link #1112
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
I'm interested in this two. Last I heard was that there was going to be two parts, one in the spring, one in the fall. But reading the books in English would just be amazing...
I'm looking for this too and your correct on the two books. They're basically compressing the novels into two books. Though their synopsis of the story in their faust issue which featured the news on knk being licensed was horrible T.T

Quote:
“The Garden of Sinners,” by Kinoko Nasu (illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi [TYPE-MOON]): Too many young girls are flying and dying. It has to stop–and only Shiki can put an end to it.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 19:42   Link #1113
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
I'm looking for this too and your correct on the two books. They're basically compressing the novels into two books. Though their synopsis of the story in their faust issue which featured the news on knk being licensed was horrible T.T
I don't think they're compressing them... They're just collecting them. Since after all, KnK was just 1 gigantic story at the start, so they're splitting it up into 2 parts. More money.

But you know licensing companies. They always try to make stories seem like shounen/naruto type stuff. XD
Old 2009-03-04, 21:22   Link #1114
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
I don't think they're compressing them... They're just collecting them. Since after all, KnK was just 1 gigantic story at the start, so they're splitting it up into 2 parts. More money.
...What? Kara no Kyoukai was published by Kodansha as 2 novels. Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 @ Amazon. A few years later, it got re-published as 3.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:37   Link #1115
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
...What? Kara no Kyoukai was published by Kodansha as 2 novels. Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 @ Amazon. A few years later, it got re-published as 3.
Hm... Guess I was wrong. But I really remember hearing somewhere that it was published as a single 700+ page novel...
Old 2009-03-05, 13:11   Link #1116
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Dunno guys the first part is available in english for quite some time ... unfortunately the whole licensing thing in the states killed the rest of the project ... and now you can wait longer then it takes to learn enough japanese to read the damn thing
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 20:00   Link #1117
Nosauz

is it me or is this show just really hard to marathon? this is really the first show where I just couldn't stand to watch more than an episode a day.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 20:41   Link #1118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
is it me or is this show just really hard to marathon? this is really the first show where I just couldn't stand to watch more than an episode a day.
I don't agree at all. I've rewatched the available movies quite a lot upto now --- including more then one a day.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:44   Link #1119
Nosauz

really? It's not like i don't like the characters, but when it comes to the longer format some times my adhd kicks in. It's really wierd, I can sit threw marathoning lost/entourage with no problem but for me kara no kyoukai just feels slow. I mean i've rewated the series too but I've never been like, oh I finished an episode I need to watch another episode immediately, where as with entourage i could watch that all day and still be fine.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 03:06   Link #1120
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
really? It's not like i don't like the characters, but when it comes to the longer format some times my adhd kicks in. It's really wierd, I can sit threw marathoning lost/entourage with no problem but for me kara no kyoukai just feels slow. I mean i've rewated the series too but I've never been like, oh I finished an episode I need to watch another episode immediately, where as with entourage i could watch that all day and still be fine.
I guess that is just different personal interest. Because I always have the urge to watch more; though this makes the wait between the releases really painful

Tags
action, harem, type moon