AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-06-06, 11:08   Link #1
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

XXXHolic Movie

I read on Natsume Maya that there's a XXXHolic movie planned for Theatrical release in 2005!! It was announced in Young Magazine (here's the announcement- http://www.yanmaga.kodansha.co.jp/ym...info.html#kcdx )

My guess is that it'll kinda be like the X movie and be animated by Madhouse.
More info will prolly be in the next Tank for XXXholic.
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 11:13   Link #2
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Thats awesome! ANything about tsubasa?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 11:15   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I enjoy reading the series, but what's there to animate on the big screen? I remain pessimistic...the animators are probably going to throw up some huge ghost/demon thing to appeal to male viewers or cram the story into a few hours. >_>;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 11:23   Link #4
Angela Sanctisstessa
I'm a boy..K?

Send a message via ICQ to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via MSN to Angela Sanctisstessa Send a message via Yahoo to Angela Sanctisstessa
say...i hear people talking all over xXXholic...but i still hav no acess to what the story is all about as it is still not available in book stores in Malacca, Malaysia...i'm anxious to read CLAmp's new work(i guess..as malaysiaaan get thier manga way behind time)
Angela Sanctisstessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 11:40   Link #5
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Thats awesome! ANything about tsubasa?
Good news for you that there is a credible rumor that Madhouse is in the pre-production phases of "Tsubasa" as well.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 14:47   Link #6
Kamui4356
Aria Company

My first reaction was "cool more clamp manga becoming anime". Then mayukhers112 mentioned the X movie... Well I hope it's NOT like the X movie and actually good. I haven't really read much of XXXHolic, but what I have read I thought was interesting. This is on my "too see" list.
Seems sarcasteak has become a fan of disgaea. Great game, even with the insane leveling... They really should make an anime based on it... And prinny ufo catcher dolls that explode when thrown.
Old 2004-06-06, 15:34   Link #7
jennwenn

Aw, but the X movie was so pretty! ^_~

I prefer movies to TV series, because the story must be tightly constructed and the animation quality is always high. Great news!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 17:46   Link #8
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'll just say this: they won't try to cram the whole story into one 2 hr movie
more like, they'll either tell a side story or retell the beginning
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 18:18   Link #9
Spooky-Electric

Meh, I would rather have an animated series.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 18:40   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Sanctisstessa
say...i hear people talking all over xXXholic...but i still hav no acess to what the story is all about as it is still not available in book stores in Malacca, Malaysia...i'm anxious to read CLAmp's new work(i guess..as malaysiaaan get thier manga way behind time)
The story is something like this:
Spoiler:

I've been following Tsubasa and xxxholic for a while, but I haven't read that pharmacy one yet; I heard it was for female readers or something, so maybe it's better that way. ^_^;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Good news for you that there is a credible rumor that Madhouse is in the pre-production phases of "Tsubasa" as well.
OHhhhh...great news comes in bundles!
I have no worries for Tsubasa because it follows a rather simplistic formula; as long as they don't intentionally attempt to butcher it, the movie should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
My first reaction was "cool more clamp manga becoming anime". Then mayukhers112 mentioned the X movie... Well I hope it's NOT like the X movie and actually good. I haven't really read much of XXXHolic, but what I have read I thought was interesting. This is on my "too see" list.
I don't like the X movie that much...not that I liked the TV series to begin with. Yah, I was thinking of the X movie when I referred to the "cram everything" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Aw, but the X movie was so pretty! ^_~
True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
I prefer movies to TV series, because the story must be tightly constructed and the animation quality is always high. Great news!
Unfortunately, move anime movies fail to deliver in the story aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Seems sarcasteak has become a fan of disgaea. Great game, even with the insane leveling...
I have always been a fan since I first saw the Tsunami Bomb trailer...just that I finally found the artbook of it recently and intend to abuse every single page of it...MUWAHAHAHAHA!!

Yah, the leveling was the annoying part for me; usually I enjoy leveling in RPG/SRPG games, but Disgaea is so stingy with the exp for support characters. >_<

*throws homing prinny, dood!*

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-06-06 at 18:52.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 01:51   Link #11
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Speaking of which, I heard that "Tsubasa" is out in the US as well.

Do you guys also have the limited edition hardbook editions to each volume? For example, "Tsubasa" Volume 6 (and "xxxHolic" Vol. 4) will be released this June 17th. For "Tsubasa," we have always got two versions to choose from: the regular soft-cover manga at 410 yen, and the limited first-press only hardbook edition at 1200 yen.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 04:31   Link #12
Archaic

Quote:
the limited first-press only hardbook edition at 1200 yen.
For a supposedly limited edition, there sure are a hell of a lot of these still available, even for the first volume. One would've expected them to sell out during the CLAMP 15th anniversary celebrations.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 10:56   Link #13
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Speaking of which, I heard that "Tsubasa" is out in the US as well.

Do you guys also have the limited edition hardbook editions to each volume? For example, "Tsubasa" Volume 6 (and "xxxHolic" Vol. 4) will be released this June 17th. For "Tsubasa," we have always got two versions to choose from: the regular soft-cover manga at 410 yen, and the limited first-press only hardbook edition at 1200 yen.
I think we onlyhave soft covers. To my knowledge. Only the 1st book is out.btw have u finished clannad? (wants to hear spoilers ^-^)
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 02:36   Link #14
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
CLAMP's doing xXxHolic and Tsubasa at the same time right?Tsubasa appears to be out before xXxHolic...And also,anyone noticed that CLAMP started doing cross-overs?Wow,i mean,when was the last tiem you saw a cross-over in Anime?
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 06:29   Link #15
Archaic

Yes, it's at the same time, though in two totally different "phonebook" manga magazines. (Shounen Magazine for Tsubasa, can't remember XXXHolic's)

And as for cross-overs....given that Tsubasa itself is one giant crossover (To the point where I'm wondering when a tiny dinosaur will be making a showing), it would be pretty damn hard for us to not notice the crossovers.

It's not like this is the first time CLAMP has done crossovers though. Tokyo Babylon/X/CLAMP School, Angelic Layer/Chobits, Miyuki-chan in the Wonderland, the CLAMP in Wonderland music video.....have I missed anything?
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 22:09   Link #16
Thelastguardian

xxxholic anime?

When I went to a manga store to buy manga a few days ago, I notice a sticker on the front page of the book (volume 4) has a line annocing 'coming to TV in 2005'. Anyone has any news about it?

PS xxxholic is one of the newest manga from Clamp.
Old 2004-08-23, 18:02   Link #17
auriya

Sounds interesting... Slightly off topic--is it just me, or does it seem that CLAMP isn't as popular lately? I remember a few years ago, when I first got into manga/anime, CLAMP seemed to be the most famous manga/anime creators. And now, I don't hear about them as much.

I hope xxxholic is at least better than their newest show Sweet Valerian (that shouldn't be too much of a challenge, considering the cutesy awfulness of Sweet Valerian).

Last edited by auriya; 2004-08-23 at 18:32.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 16:26   Link #18
-AR-

It's been announced that the XXXHOLiC movie will be animated by Production IG.

http://www.clamp-net.com/works/news/index.html
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 19:08   Link #19
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

An xxxHolic movie will be certainly interesting. I like the manga a lot along with Tsubasa...it be interesting if the do Legal Drug as well. Heehehehee.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 21:46   Link #20
Ippo-Kun
fRoG PuNCh!~!@

is this like a hentai or something?
Ippo-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote