AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 14:34   Link #121
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Think we can have pictures of all the characters in that new opening?
Can anyone notice this?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:12   Link #122
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Think we can have pictures of all the characters in that new opening?
Are you asking this because you haven't seen the opening yet? If you haven't, a quick visit to youtube will show you everything you are looking for.
Old 2009-04-06, 15:57   Link #123
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I loved the new opening it was wonderful and we get too see all the new characters as well as Hancock. But why is it that this opening gives of this sad feeling that Luffy might not be able too save him and Ace will die?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 18:12   Link #124
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

anyone else catch the little bit with Zoro and the hunters?

seems they were hinting at Zoro and his Haki, pretty interesting.
Old 2009-04-06, 18:14   Link #125
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Are you asking this because you haven't seen the opening yet? If you haven't, a quick visit to youtube will show you everything you are looking for.
I saw the whole opening on youtube and paid more attention to it then, getting a better look at the images.

I'm feeling kind of mixed about this new opening. The visuals are really cool, but are jammed with spoilers, if you you hadn't read the manga. I leads all the way up to Impel Down, though doesn't say who else is with him at the time.
The song feels a bit too 90's for my taste. I kind of liked that for the previous opening they used the same lyrics from the first first One piece opening, but with a better singing and production. Though, due to the cool visuals I actually started to tune the song out completely.

Some of my favorite images is before the character intros where Luffy goes into Second Gear, comes bursting from the cloud of smoke, and then charging forward to strike. The next image I really liked is that one with everyone lounging around. Robin's reading in the shade, Zoro and Luffy are sleeping, and Nami puts on a fake beard on the sleeping Luffy, that was a cute image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I loved the new opening it was wonderful and we get too see all the new characters as well as Hancock. But why is it that this opening gives of this sad feeling that Luffy might not be able too save him and Ace will die?
I think you are reading a bit too much into that. It just shows him in trouble and that the card tied to Ace's life force is slowly burning. That just goes along with the events.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

I don't know if it's that or that Zoro is just one scary mofo when you piss him off. Weaklings like those he doesn't even need to be bothered to remove his swords.
They also didn't do that effect the anime seems to do during a haki attack. Where the screen goes kind of wavy. Peple tend to pass out from a haki attack. These guys just fell on their asses.
Still, it wouldn't surprise me all that much if Zoro would be able to use it. Odds are that Mihawk can use it as well.
Old 2009-04-06, 22:10   Link #126
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

It wasent Haki, it was an amazing amount of murdering intent.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 00:26   Link #127
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, you didn't get to hear that weird-ass haki sound but the first time I saw it I thought that too.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:21   Link #128
shankss
CP10

Kanpai!! For the great new spoiler opening!

Spoiler for NewOpening:
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:48   Link #129
DeathZKID
...symmetry is over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Kanpai!! For the great new spoiler opening!

Spoiler for NewOpening:
Thats surpriseing I was even thinking the new guy introduced in 538 would have made his way in there.
DeathZKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 23:45   Link #130
ellifeedn
Thinker

Episode 396 is going to be epic, though I wonder if 400 will have anything special. And the spoilers in the new OP make me feel uneasy for some reason.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:10   Link #131
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Episode 396 is going to be epic, though I wonder if 400 will have anything special. And the spoilers in the new OP make me feel uneasy for some reason.
Which of those spoilers are you thinking of? And remember to put them in the spoiler box.
Old 2009-04-08, 13:34   Link #132
Ryuuchi
Totally not that guy

I find the new opening just plain awesome, it has everything that his relevant in the events to come and such.

Naruto manga was released in 1999 while the anime began in 2002, that’s 3 years difference. Bleach manga began 2001 and the anime began in 2004, that’s 3 years, the same as Naruto.
One Piece however was released as a manga in 1997 and the anime began 1999, that’s 2 years. The other mangas had more time to distance themselves from the anime before it began yet they needed more fillers then One Piece, why?

One Piece has allot of what can be called mini and micro fillers.

Mini fillers are single episodes that do not appear in the manga but fit so well with the manga story line that can be easily dismissed, also they mix little parts of the manga into those episodes. These episodes usually appear for example in-between arcs when the Strawhats are moving from island to island or during an arc but there is a “waiting period” for the characters like for example some scenes in Water 7 when they ere waiting for Franky and the group to make the ship (I think :P)

Micro fillers however are small parts in the episodes that blend well with the canon episode, taking up time and making the episode longer. Take for example the human auction in episode 395, they added more auctions and more people talking, people that didn’t even show up in the manga.

Another reason, as was stated before, is that One Piece manga shows allot more in a single chapter then Naruto and Bleach. A Naruto or Bleach episode (that isn’t filler of course) is the equivalent of 2 or 3 manga chapters, while for example this last One Piece episode was the equivalent of One Chapter and a half.

I rest my case xD
Old 2009-04-08, 14:40   Link #133
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Which of those spoilers are you thinking of? And remember to put them in the spoiler box.
I think it's all of them. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like it's showing too much too soon.
Old 2009-04-08, 16:17   Link #134
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I think it's all of them. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel like it's showing too much too soon.
well I don't think showing some images of up and coming characters shouts "OMG THEY SPOILED IT FOR ME!"

well anyone thats watched OP up till now will know that the images shown will mean squat as they could mean anything, it is OP after all
Old 2009-04-08, 16:49   Link #135
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I remember when after Skypia arc we've got new OP with Foxy's battle scenes and even featuring of future CP9, not to mention Ussop vs Luffy.
The only big spoiler was the Ussop vs Luffy, and I for the most time belived that Don Flamingo will show up at some point in the future - and I was proven wrong.

So except for few new characters that are out of contects, we only saw Luffy fighting some strange new enemies in doungeon like place. That's not as harmful as manga readers might think - and I'm saying this because I didn't start reading manga till anime was at the moment when Robin left the crew.
Old 2009-04-08, 23:46   Link #136
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I started reading manga right after thriller bark, there's a lot of juice in this arc but then again...most arcs mean a lot to the main story, it's just the way Oda does things:P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 17:20   Link #137
Rainbowman

Well I saw the new opening and there's one thing I noticed wrong: In the part where Luffy is fighting the Blue Gorrillas, they were white with red heads instead of anything blue. Anyone notice that?
Old 2009-04-10, 17:41   Link #138
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Well I saw the new opening and there's one thing I noticed wrong: In the part where Luffy is fighting the Blue Gorrillas, they were white with red heads instead of anything blue. Anyone notice that?
and that's wrong because... ?!

They could be pink or yellow. It's OP, and if anime team didn't intervent, Kuma would be orange.
Old 2009-04-10, 17:57   Link #139
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
and that's wrong because... ?!

They could be pink or yellow. It's OP, and if anime team didn't intervent, Kuma would be orange.
Because their color scheme is rather contradictive with their names. In other words they clash (they don't match).
Old 2009-04-10, 18:55   Link #140
ellifeedn
Thinker

I don't feel the need to remind everyone that this is an "anime only" thread, so I won't do so.