AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-10, 09:45   Link #21
yinstro

well, i think people tend to transform only into what they have seen, although naruto has shown its not just about things you ve seen, ala his training konohamaru to do sexy no jutsu, maybe it just needs an artists skill, or photographic memory. But really transforming your shape isnt that effective, making your hands into knives... why not just use knives... giving yourself four arms is fine, but transforming yourself into something with four arms doesnt give you natural control over four arms, or skill to use them. Also it seems to use some measure of chakra, otherwise people wouldnt bother not maintaining it even after discovered. why change back to your reg appearance after getting discovered, may as well maintain it and fight if it costs nothing
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 10:06   Link #22
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by byakurasengan
maybe to exaggerate, i presume?
Or more simply because the anime team didn't notice the amount of tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
*jaw drops* You've gotta be kidding me...? Well, that explains Sasuke saying kitsune as opposed to Kyuubi when Naruto did Henge (since even the village children have heard of Kyuubi).... Of all the manga chapters I've looked at after seeing the anime, I sure picked a fine one to overlook. But if Kishimoto only wanted a regular fox, why would he have Naruto transform every other feature of the Kyuubi's except for the tails? If Kishimoto's not amazing me, he's confusing me. *sigh*

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
What do you mean by every other feature of the Kyubi?
I mean the Kyubi is a fox... with 9 tails.
The tails are basically the only 'personal' feature of the Kyubi (without speaking of his size of course ).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 11:30   Link #23
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Or more simply because the anime team didn't notice the amount of tail

What do you mean by every other feature of the Kyubi?
I mean the Kyubi is a fox... with 9 tails.
The tails are basically the only 'personal' feature of the Kyubi (without speaking of his size of course ).
You're misunderstanding me. I mean, as far as the face and fur go, the other features of the Kyuubi. I know the Kyuubi is a fox, but he's an evil looking one at that. That's what I meant.

fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 11:43   Link #24
fieryshadowcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Chinese legend of the Monkey King - an immortal monkey hero whose trademark weapon is a staff that expands/contracts at will.
I know the legend, you know. I was saying, in accordance with my second theory, that if someone could transform into anything he/she wanted just by using enough Chakra (as opposed to having enough mass--since the Free-Forming Pole is much denser than Enma can condense himself, I'd assume; or understanding the properties of the pole--this would be the only way Enma's purpose could be validated), it cheapens Enma's purpose other than to be a shout-out to mythology.

If Enma had brought the staff (as its safe-keeper, just like he seems to be for the Sword of Kisaragi since he took the sword back from Orochi) rather than had to transform into it, that would be different. Why is it only Enma who can transform into the staff?

fieryshadowcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 18:03   Link #25
=Dante=

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryshadowcard
I know the legend, you know. I was saying, in accordance with my second theory, that if someone could transform into anything he/she wanted just by using enough Chakra (as opposed to having enough mass--since the Free-Forming Pole is much denser than Enma can condense himself, I'd assume; or understanding the properties of the pole--this would be the only way Enma's purpose could be validated), it cheapens Enma's purpose other than to be a shout-out to mythology.

If Enma had brought the staff (as its safe-keeper, just like he seems to be for the Sword of Kisaragi since he took the sword back from Orochi) rather than had to transform into it, that would be different. Why is it only Enma who can transform into the staff?

I doubt there is a logical reason for it other than simply that none of the other summons can henge well. Recall taht Gambunta said he sucked at henge forcing Naruto to do a combination Henge.
=Dante= is offline   Reply With Quote