AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 13:39   Link #981
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Why? Nobody ever remembers those role.
saying no body. Alphonse Elric from FMA and Rokujou from Nabari no ou comes into mind for male voices. Her female characters at best to my knowledge are Touko from Marimite and that maid from Umineko that has some variation or at least characterized differently in role . I simply enjoy listening to a VA being able to expand on their ranges.

Chiwa Saito in Bakemongatari has been on of the few surprise for me.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:40   Link #982
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I'm wondering how many people here've read the light novel Oo
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:40   Link #983
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
This gif wasn't from Aria, but C. It was from what scene ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:41   Link #984
Jenesay

I'm not really the type of person to even remember VA names except in rare cases where they do have a unique voice like Kugimiya Rie does! For instance, I had to google who the hell Nana Mizuki was, and I still cant place her voice without hearing it.

With that said, I don't hate her or even dislike her because who she is, I dislike the damned typecasted roles she plays, over and over and over again. Somewhere down the road that got boring, and seeing new animes with the exact same voice and the exact same role is dull, unimaginative and uninspired. Hell, it's fucking boring!

This is exactly the same as if Brad Pitt would have played Tylder Durden in every movie, for the next five years after the Fight Club premièred. Eventually people get bored and want something new.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:43   Link #985
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The second gif wasn't from Aria, but C. It was from what scene ?
Lol, your right. It's when they ended that fight in the first episode.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 13:43   Link #986
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I can see your a LN fan but that wont change my view of the first episode... I must be missing something where her katana about body length in width, you would expect to see where someone can hide that on their body.. I'm surprise if people can just be happy and accept what they see.
the point is she doesn't need to hide it....so why would you complain?
Old 2011-04-15, 13:49   Link #987
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
*places hand over shoulder*

sorry, a few pages back before here, i already DID claim her

@Cosmic Eagle: I dont think the students are usually equipped with SMG's. A machine pistol is understandable, but SMG? probably not. though it is compact and small, it hinders the student in many ways.

only exceptions are the Snipe department and some elements of Assault and Logi class.

the standard a student can use is probably the 9mm. as far as this series goes, Aria is the only one using the .45ACP cartridge.

Kinji fits in my book using FiveseveN pistol.
That's what I'm thinking....SMGs would be used mainly by Assault. Kinji is well, he gets thrown into the thickest situations all teh time so it fits.

Also nice to see they got the Dragunov sights correctly in the OP.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:01   Link #988
tsunade666

Quote:
saying no body. Alphonse Elric from FMA and Rokujou from Nabari no ou comes into mind for male voices. Her female characters at best to my knowledge are Touko from Marimite and that maid from Umineko that has some variation or at least characterized differently in role . I simply enjoy listening to a VA being able to expand on their ranges.
From your examples only Al rings a bell to me. I hardly remember any role Rie did aside from being super screech tsundere voice. That become a trade mark for her that I don't even need to look into the cast to know.

Just the first part where Aria shouts.... a ... it's reallly Rie

Well aside that I think at least Kinji looks decent even though Rie did fit for Aria's role it's just I really don't like to hear her voice when it's in higher level and while I'm using my headphone. It hurts.

Story wise for first episode........ well looks decent though they cut and remove some stuff.

the most noticeable is the opening when Kinji was in full speed away from the segway with uzi pointing at him. Good prologue of story if they shown it in a more normal way. And Kinji isn't emo enough. His not the type that ended up in Butei high a highschool for abnormal he chooses to enroll on it to follow up his big bro. It should be said while his getting his brothers memento butterfly knife. Something happen last fall or year that turn his life upside down. And due to that he doesn't want to become a butei anymore. If JC staff hasn't shown it on that part. I wish they explain it more. And his straight from normal riding a bike to the school when a voice just said that theirs a bomb on your bike scene doesn't give much impact. His reasoning that a bomb maniac that random targets someone as long as it cause panic a typical scene from a terrorist hasn't been shown (I think) The butei killer records also haven't been mentioned. And Aria's record and a bit of info about her plus her investigating Kinji wasn't shown. Maybe they will show that next episode but it's just doesn't fit right if they show her already barging in Kinji's house without showing that part.

And yes I'm a light novel fan of Aria. I've read the novels and comparing it with IS. I wouldn't even tried to read IS even on my free time. Even though kuroi is translating volume 6. Ah volume 6 of IS is starting to have some stories on it.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:10   Link #989
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

It doesn't say she uses a katana except in the anime. It only uses 日本刀. In fact, I think it uses 短 somewhere, but I may be wrong. (Pretty sure I am, actually.) At any rate, average katanas are around 65 cm, and presumably, she's using a short one, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that she would be able to sheathe it in her back.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:10   Link #990
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
The prologue fight right before one of the fighters lose in a flashy way.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:13   Link #991
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
oops lol, yeah. must've slipped in some way... I was in a hurry, and I usually do batch uploads to save time. Haha, lol, still laughing at it.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:16   Link #992
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
3 series, I don't remember J.C.Staff taking on so many at once. But then I'm not all about what studio's made what. >.>
In Fall 2010, they took 4 series at once.

Quote:

Chiwa Saito in Bakemongatari has been on of the few surprise for me.
To you maybe, but for the majority public?

Bah, this is a matter of opinions, no point dragging it on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Kinji fits in my book using FiveseveN pistol.
Kinji uses a Five-SeveN? Interesting... Though the only time I liked that gun was when I'm playing splinter Cell Conviction.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:27   Link #993
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

An M-92F to be exact. With 9mm parabellum ammo.

To make it clear, I'm not a gunji otaku, I just remember this from the novel.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:28   Link #994
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
It doesn't say she uses a katana except in the anime. It only uses 日本刀. In fact, I think it uses 短 somewhere, but I may be wrong. (Pretty sure I am, actually.) At any rate, average katanas are around 65 cm, and presumably, she's using a short one, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that she would be able to sheathe it in her back.
It would be more plausible if she's using a wakizashi with a lenght of 30 - 60 centimeters. But even soo....... when I look at the illustration of Aria in the novel and her weapon of choice. It's just out of size. Her height is 142 centimeters though I'm not sure but it's around 140 cm. If you estimate her back or shoulder to her lower back.... it still looks to long for her.

I just think it's the aerospace hammer thing or her other ability as a
Spoiler:
. It just seems out of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kinji uses a Five-SeveN? Interesting... Though the only time I liked that gun was when I'm playing splinter Cell Conviction.
I'm no good at gun models but his gun is a burst and a semi-automatic. I;'m aching to ask this but why was his gun
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-15, 14:31   Link #995
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
An M-92F to be exact. With 9mm parabellum ammo.

To make it clear, I'm not a gunji otaku, I just remember this from the novel.
Neither am I; I just watch alot of TV and play alot of games.

But a M92F? That's kinda... Standard isn't it?
Old 2011-04-15, 14:32   Link #996
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

That's right, I translated it as wakizashi.

The reason his modification was illegal is because Beretta* still has it patented.

It was meant to be modified to have full auto capabilities, but afterward, he found out that the 3-burst function didn't work anymore and instead fired 2 bullets simultaneously.

I don't play that many games, I have no time ^^

It isn't an unspoken rule that the protagonist needs an awesome gun.
Old 2011-04-15, 14:38   Link #997
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I don't play that many games, I have no time ^^

It isn't an unspoken rule that the protagonist needs an awesome gun.
Magnum .44!

Nono, what I meant is that... Well, my personal gaming experience is that M92F is kind of a 'Level 1' basic weapon, if you know what I mean. It's The stuff that mooks use...
Old 2011-04-15, 14:40   Link #998
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

This isn't a game.

And also, it's modified, if you think it's too basic. Anyways clip size is an important factor for Butei, and pistols allow for the all-important mobility during Aru=Kata, so that's why they use it.
Old 2011-04-15, 15:04   Link #999
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2011-04-15, 15:13   Link #1000
endarion88

i just want to see Reki animated she is my favorite in the LN
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere