AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 22:59   Link #221
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

'course, we know that there are creatures and constructs that are dangerous even to mages. Something infected by Redlight or Blacklight would be one of them, given their immense strength and capabilities.
Old 2011-12-07, 14:12   Link #222
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I don't really now hwere to post this but...

...if there were a "MSL Nanoha: Kart Circuit" game, what kind of racers the character will be?

The three aces are easy:

*Hayate will have slow acceleration but great top speed and gain immunity to some terrains.
*Fate will have super fast acceleration and good top speed but will be easily stopped by obstacles.
*Nanoha will be the balanced one with average acceleration and decent speed but better control than the other two.

Hayate's kart will be something tank-ish with the Belkan cross in it, Fate's can be a sleek-looking one or also a chibi Cardiche, Nanoha must be something with blue & white with some gold trims, a couple of pink wings will complete the silly/cute touch of a kart xD.

The items shaped after canon objects could interesting xD!. I suggest cartridges as the item to trigger a temporary speed boost xD

I will think of other character and items later xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 14:23   Link #223
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Graf Eisen (counterpart of Lightning in Mario): Shrink.
Raising Heart (counterpart of Spike Shell): Destroy all in its path.
Caro's device + Voltaire (counterpart of Chain Chomp + Star power): Accelerate to high speeds and destroy anything along it's path + invulnerability. 15 seconds.
Hayate's cross (forgot the name: counterpart of Star Power): Dimension Quake [slow everyone else down except the user.
Bardiche: make person lightweight, but give a higher acceleration and top speed.
Old 2011-12-08, 04:02   Link #224
Kromaek
needs more Dakka.

Send a message via ICQ to Kromaek
Thank you all for your input! Really helped me out there.

I'm gonna do another playthrough of the game to get that part of the story right before I start writing anything tho.
Old 2011-12-08, 05:25   Link #225
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Crossposting from the fanfic thread

The crossover thread inspired me to tried a once buried idea, a crossover between MSLN and Command & Conquer. I manage to work up a prologue, but I'm still not sure about it and there are some points I'm considering to rewrite. Oh well, let's give it a try anyway.

Spoiler for Prologue:
Old 2011-12-08, 09:21   Link #226
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I can't even begin to fathom how this thread came to be!

But now that it exists, let's talk about how the [Warhammer 40K] universe is actually the distant past of current Nanoha multiverse, shall we?

*orbitally bombarded by every single Nanoha OC veteran in existence*

@Tieria: Here's my contribution. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3482762/...ical_Nanoha_II

Come to think of it, it could be an appendum to your work if a training video was made.
Old 2011-12-10, 03:58   Link #227
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Tiresias, when in CnC canon does this take place?
Spoiler for Rough Timeline:

I still need to iron it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
*orbitally bombarded by every single Nanoha OC veteran in existence*
Why is this?

Quote:
@Tieria: Here's my contribution. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3482762/...ical_Nanoha_II
Why did you discontinue this?
Old 2011-12-10, 09:03   Link #228
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

So... TibSun hasn't taken place yet?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 19:06   Link #229
Kromaek
needs more Dakka.

Send a message via ICQ to Kromaek
If Earth and MC years are equivalent in the timeline, the plot of TibSun (and the reappearance of Kane) in 2030 should be at least 5 years out.

Then again, the global awakening of magic should have thrown C&C canon somewhat out of whack.

...if the Messiah didn't plan for it, that is
Old 2011-12-10, 20:14   Link #230
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Why is this?
People hated me to reconstructing 40K within Nanoha. Irony is, Matt Ward is now reconstructing Nanoha in his 40K codices. Both of us got flak from the fanbase LOL.

Quote:
Why did you discontinue this?
Time commitments mostly, around then I chose to focus on Belka as the others were doing MC-centric fics. That's where I found my Nanoha calling.
Old 2011-12-10, 21:48   Link #231
Justin_Brett

How could that inspire rage when The Open Door exists?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:25   Link #232
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromaek View Post
Then again, the global awakening of magic should have thrown C&C canon somewhat out of whack.
Pretty much this. Due to several things, the next War and Jail Scaglietti's invasion will go a wee bit different But let's not get ahead of ourselves; the Book of Darkess incident has only barely started

Quote:
People hated me to reconstructing 40K within Nanoha. Irony is, Matt Ward is now reconstructing Nanoha in his 40K codices. Both of us got flak from the fanbase LOL.
Like Justin said, why would it got flak so much when there's The Open Door and The Doorstop? Or is it because those two are Evangelion/W40K fic first, and the other x-overs came after?

And I thought Big Sister got good responses?

Last edited by Tiresias; 2011-12-10 at 22:43.
Tiresias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 22:43   Link #233
Justin_Brett

I wouldn't really put The Doorstop on the same level. It's done some bad stuff to the Nanoha cast, but not just because it's a 40k fanfic, and since they're the protagonists, they're given the attention such developments deserve.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 23:39   Link #234
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Like Justin said, why would it got flak so much when there's The Open Door and The Doorstop? Or is it because those two are Evangelion/W40K fic first, and the other x-overs came after?

And I thought Big Sister got good responses?
's mostly because back then we tried to keep a consistent universe in OC, and the the Warhammer got out of hand.

He's not the only one at fault though. It started of with minor references in profiles of various people, which turned into bigger references, then became outright copy/pastes to the point where Belka was essentially the Imperium of Man.

Hell, I even had the Primarchs there.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:51   Link #235
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
... What? Where?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 03:19   Link #236
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
... What? Where?
He's talking about how Matt Ward is doing strange things to the Warhammer 40k codex updates, such as the very different Necrons and the oddly revamped Grey Knights. Whether or not these changes are good, I can no longer say, having been out of the game for many years, but I've heard responses ranging from amused to utter bewilderment (I am of the latter, after reading the Necrons update).

The flak Meister Babylon / Kha mentions, that's old stuff floating around in the Original Character threads. I can't really pinpoint a particular issue, but suffice to say it was... zealous. Though, as Keroko mentioned, he wasn't the only one at fault.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:22   Link #237
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*looks at self and his Necron crossover* <_<

Yeah, the crossovers in OC got out of hand really bad, really fast in a short period of time, looking back on it. But it was still fun while it lasted though

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 09:53   Link #238
mechdra

Yeah, I remember what happenned back in the OC thread. Things really got out of hand. However, it is still fun and it gives me ideas for my own personal fic.

One element I felt we are missibng in this thread, we are missing ZOMBIES! Nurgle need to do something to such a beautiful world like Midchilda. There need to be plagues, flies, plague marines, zombies, mutant and rotting abomination that will tear their mind apart.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 10:10   Link #239
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Matt Ward is introducing a lot of hope in to the 40K series. Like befriendable Necrons. Not that I mind...

At the very least, it was a neat learning experience. And no matter who tells me otherwise, I still believe in the God Empress of Belka, and Primarch Olivie Segebrecht of the Ultramarines Ubermensch!

But right now, I'm loving my little reboot relatively free of past mistakes. Now if only my Infinite Stratos fic would stop being so addicting to write, I'd do some Fate+Seikou loving.

Now I am shocked that some OCers are actually alive. I thot Skyrim and TOR ate your souls.
Old 2011-12-11, 17:44   Link #240
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Ah hey Babs! ltns.

Not to have nothing else to say, but I've not gotten more than a small comment on how one could possibly make sens of a planeswalker (neo walker is fine) in nanoha verse

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote