Old 2012-01-22, 14:23   Link #322
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2012-01-22, 15:28   Link #323
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Warning,this episode contains massive amounts of Madoka awesomeness.

I was going to list all the awesome madoka moments I would end up listing everything that happened in the episode.

What's weird is that even if she's a female protagonist I get GAR and BRO vibes from her.

Anyway glad to see Lan's vox system was activated thanks to the power of yuri love friendship.
Next up is Muginami.

Though with that legend we might be in for quite a lot of drama later on.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:15   Link #324
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Madoka definitely carries the show. I have to say that this is the first time in years that I've been swept along by the sheer infectious vibe of a voice actress. Massive kudos to Kaori Ishihara.

Cliched, templated or not, the episode had me grinning from beginning to end. It's fast-paced where it needs to be, kooky when it's fun to be, and always self-deprecating whenever it veers close to being serious. Loved the Jersey anthem, especially. Rinne is turning out by far the best of the three mecha shows this season where I am concerned.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 16:18   Link #325
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Hmm, it's probably just me, but I can't think of much to say about this episode.

It was good. I like the looks of all the Mech suits being used including the newest one which Lan is now able to use. I guess she couldn't use it before because she was afraid of it or something? Afraid of it's legend

At the end, the blonde pilot who was captured in the first episode (Array) says something about an old tail:

"It's an old tail, from Ancient Times. The Giant Green Demon will rip the heavens...The Giant Blue Demon will devour the stars...The Giant Orange Demon will spew out darkness...Through countless sacrifices, they will rule the land. Feeding off a tainted heart, they awaken from within the mind. And the demons shall rise. Do not let them loose. Do not let them, ever".

Giant Green Demon = Madoka's green Vox Midori
Giant Blue Demon = Lan's blue Vox Orca
Giant Orange Demon = ???

This may be the reason why Lan was scared of activating her Vox mech, because of this tail. If so, then what secrets are hiding within these mech suits that only certain people can pilot? Why did the other pilots Izo and Kirius want Madoka to go to their planet? Perhaps they know a way to stop this tail from coming true?

This episode raised a lot of questions. It had some good action however.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:45   Link #326
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Hmm, it's probably just me, but I can't think of much to say about this episode.
Counterintuitive, that's what makes good episodes (and manga chapters). When the experience is more important then some philosophical spoon feeding you got a good formula.
Old 2012-01-22, 17:32   Link #327
~BC~

Greatly enjoying this series so far. Can't say I'm bothered by the 'no romance' subplots thing. Give me honest and natural character interactions and that's all the fodder I need to keep me interested.

Spoiler for ep. 3:

Anyway, looking forward to Muginami next episode. I suspect she's not as airheaded as she seems if the preview, and how she got away from Madoka last episode, are anything to go by.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2012-01-22 at 17:59.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:18   Link #328
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Don't have much positive things to say about this episode (or the show in general). While not exactly on autopilot, the pacing and story is pretty cheesy. I know a lot of people like the cheerfulness, but I find it soulless. The song Madoka sang also disagreed with me.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-01-22 at 21:48.
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:24   Link #329
User165949
Disabled By Request

the best-received series of the season,
I think it could deserve its own subforum (seriously: if not this one, what else?)

ep 03: maybe a not-really-flashy episode, but - here and there - plenty of nice details and story buildup.

Madoka is again the center the stage, and she did pretty well (it's "some lines and colour" and not an actress - but shows a strong individuality and consistency - this tells a lot about how well written, directed and voiced the characters are)

probably Madoka will yield a bit to the other young "comrade" ladies in the following episodes, and that's possible because Lan is a bit recessive but really nice to follow, and Muginami has been hinted to be quite a cunning, manipulative and - well, a bit troubled - character, and thus very versatile, as a tool to weave a story.

Last edited by User165949; 2012-01-22 at 18:44.
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:05   Link #330
ReddyRedWolf

Oh great now everybody at school knows she's the pilot of that robot.

The other pilot can't put head or tails about Earthers as his thinking is too provincial.

LOL at Madoka trying a bare handed block twice. Only she can't do it but Lan can once she gets out out of hang ups.

Really where the heck did Lan pic up Woof as a response.

Madoka is bringing in the Gar while her interaction with Lan is so Moe. I guess that's cute girls doing cute things while piloting robots.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:12   Link #331
Ray
Garnet

I loved episode 3; it just felt like it hit all of the correct notes.

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Looking forward to Muginami in the next episode. She came across as an airhead, but I have a feeling that was all an act.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:37   Link #332
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I loved episode 3; it just felt like it hit all of the correct notes.

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Looking forward to Muginami in the next episode. She came across as an airhead, but I have a feeling that was all an act.
Likely it is something that depends on the user/pilot.

If say persons like the boys controlled the Vox then yes it could be a bringer of destruction.

But with pure maidens like Madoka it would be a power for good.

Thing is Kirius and Array were expecting to get killed right there. They haven't recognized the Vox's pilots lack killing intent.

Array thinks his buddy was downed underwater when in fact he was German supplexed and lost consciousness ending up a prisoner of Earth.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:55   Link #333
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Warning,this episode contains massive amounts of Madoka awesomeness.
I feel that anyone named "Madoka" from now on will be awesome.

Quote:

What's weird is that even if she's a female protagonist I get GAR and BRO vibes from her.

Anyway glad to see Lan's vox system was activated thanks to the power of yuri love friendship.
Next up is Muginami.
LOLZ, Ma-bro-ka: Even girls want her.

Quote:

Though with that legend we might be in for quite a lot of drama later on.
Pray it won't be something that will cause deconstruction.

@Flawnalyst

My god! You are so negative. Like I never saw you say anything good to any anime yet. D:
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:16   Link #334
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
LOLZ, Ma-bro-ka: Even girls want her.
lol,mabroka,I like that!

Quote:
Pray it won't be something that will cause deconstruction.
I really really hope I'm overthinking this but those damn chairs in the ED have been reminding me of bokurano,I shook it off at first but now there was a shot of them in this episode

edit:

woof!

Spoiler for woof!:

maru!

Spoiler for maru!:
Old 2012-01-22, 20:33   Link #335
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
But seriously..... the way Madoka gets onto that cockpit.... bends over..... grasps the handle and..... ah, why didn't they install a camera at the rear of this cockpit!?!? I need to see a butt shot now......
Nice to see you've caught up to the Madoka and Lan goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Liked how Madoka was protecting the city, especially by landing and finding places that were uninhabited and were okay to get destroyed. Like how she saved her friends and they knew it was her by her sign.
Yes, fighting off the other guy and at the same time making sure that she's on empty ground, that was pretty good. Or batting away that vending machine like a baseball.

Quote:
The Vox liked the Yuri love, that's why it activated

About the guy that was fighting Madoka, he must've thought that Madoka was pretty damn stupid.
"I'm stomping around all over your town while fighting you, not giving a damn about the buildings I destroy, people that might get in the way or vending machines etc. sent flying that might hit people, but I mean you no harm." Yeah right XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Likely it is something that depends on the user/pilot.

If say persons like the boys controlled the Vox then yes it could be a bringer of destruction.

But with pure maidens like Madoka it would be a power for good.
That's as I see it, too. The Vox are neither good nor evil, they'll become what their pilot makes out of them. In the hands of the girls, they're used to protect the city and its citizens.
In the hands of the boys, it could turn out quite different.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:43   Link #336
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Ahem. The two of you, look at what you've done. You both goaded and pressured I, mangatron, into viewing this series despite my crowded schedule. You both have done it now....... LOOK AT MY AVATAR LOL its your fault! It's you guys' fault that I fell in love with this series! That I fell in love with the crotch shots, shower scenes and MUGINAMI

You two did a fine job ruining my life even more heck, I see some of you calling Madoka-chan the "anti-shinji", I say to hell with that whiner baby. I'm just glad Madoka didn't pass out after her first mission, I find it so hilarious when that happens *cough*Aquarion*cough*.

AAAAAND...... anytime the female pilots wear zettai ryouiki suits to battle is a plus in my book. And that book of mine be a very ecchi book, I tells ya

But seriously..... the way Madoka gets onto that cockpit.... bends over..... grasps the handle and..... ah, why didn't they install a camera at the rear of this cockpit!?!? I need to see a butt shot now......
You know, the easiest way to show appreciation is post all your ava works here. Rather than giving these two gentlemen imaginary medals. >_<'

LOLZ to this episode. I wonder if the ship-base would do a Camp Big Falcon and just dock there, since their best pilot lives there.

Offtopic:
BTW, what do we call you now? BouncyBreastron?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:24   Link #337
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

God I love this show, it really is just wow!

I'm a massive fan of Bakemonogatari even more so than Madoka and I think Nisemonogatari is even better than Bakemonogatari but then I think this is just oh so more lovable than Nisemonogatari.

Usually a series will have that initial flare to it but end up losing some of that fire as it goes on or the fire will slowly build as the series goes on but this was ablaze from the get go and has only grown stronger.
I just love the feelings and vibes I get from this series, can't even remember last time a anime got me soooooo riled up!

I believe some have said before that Lan is their favorite character and going by character design I'd say she is my favorite in that regard but Madoka rules this series, theres no doubt about that.
And I'd say it's probably mostly down to Ishihara Kaori, she's amazing!
Loved her singing the song in ep 3 and she's just been outstanding through out so far.
I can see Ishihara Kaori going places after this.
But then the VA has been pretty damn good across the board.
I find that the bigger the cast the better the fits of the VA to their roles compared to series with relatively small casts, which end up with some roles not fitting so well.

Still stand by this being the anime of the season for me.
Can't express enough how much I'm loving it!
Old 2012-01-22, 21:33   Link #338
Midonin
Last Engage

Nice to see that both Kaori Ishihara and Yui Ogura are moving up in the world. Though their debut wasn't that long ago. Still, I never would've pegged the singers of the kiss x sis ED to become leading ladies.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:49   Link #339
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Madoka really now that town and what to destroy
Old 2012-01-22, 22:05   Link #340
sa547
*Author

"Oh, you're mad because I'm styling on you? MARU!"

Woof!

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri