AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 18:00   Link #1521
mechdra

Looking at this episode, everyone should have died. There is so many DES ship and yet they are still intact. Plot armour?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 18:25   Link #1522
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Looking at this episode, everyone should have died. There is so many DES ship and yet they are still intact. Plot armour?
In the ep, the DES ship shot at the AKB ship and there's some kind of barrier protecting it.

Anyway concerning their weapons..I think it's sort of unfair that AKB0048 shoot those non fatal weapons like the bubble thing that make the mechas stop working but the government can shoot real bullets and try to blow them up :|
I'm not saying idols should start shooting explosive weapons because then they would be killers but their situation is kind at a unfair....:\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 18:58   Link #1523
Random Wanderer

Well, the DES is trying to kill people. 0048 is not. Unfair or not, that's the way it is, and it undoubtedly improves 0048's reputation with the ordinary folks. Not only do they only fight back in order to defend themselves and their fans, they only use non-lethal weapons even though their enemies are actively trying to kill them. It allows them to maintain a moral high-ground that is absolutely essential. Whatever happens, they did not kill anyone. That means the only enemy the civilians will end up with is DES. You won't find someone signing up for a campaign of righteous revenge against 0048 because they killed his/her father/mother/brother/whatever. By maintaing the non-lethal combat premise, 0048 helps ensure that even the people within the universe of the series will view the DES as the bad guys.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 19:26   Link #1524
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
2D lovers who don't like 3D like AKB? :|

anyway AKB isn't the only idol groups that do summer and fun on the beach in bikinis, it seem like the AVEX idol group SUPER☆GiRLS is doing that now as well.

True, but as far as I know those who reject everything 3D are still receptive to AKB in large part because they have members that are 2D-lover as well. Yes, I'm looking at you Mayuyu!!!!

As for SUPER☆GiRLS, note I say famous. SUPER☆GiRLS really have yet to got to that point and is still trying to gain fame more than anything, kind of like AKB 4 years ago with Baby, Baby, Baby. Incidentally their first swimsuit single.

Anyway, I uploaded the clip I talked about in the AKB thread in Music sub forum, enjoy!!!
Old 2012-06-17, 19:39   Link #1525
chaosprophet

Very good episode this week.
Spoiler for ep 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
2D lovers who don't like 3D like AKB? :|
Is that a problem? I do enjoy anime a lot and am loving this show, even though I don't have any interest in idols (nor seiyuus, nor popstars for instance). It has a good and interesting story, the characters are pretty likeable. While liking real AKB should help enjoy it because all of the references I think it can be pretty likeable to anime fans who don't care about them.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:40   Link #1526
sa547
*Author

That's like saying one listens to a song without thinking about the singers; some people, after listening to a new song for the first time and found it great, would try to find out about the voice behind the song, and they'll follow that voice to wherever he/she goes.

Which is why I'm highly appreciative of seiyuu and their efforts, regardless of where they came from. It also makes for a more complete enjoyment of anime than just focusing on the story, plot and characters.

---------
At last check in /a/, there were some howling by the second half of Stage 8.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-17 at 20:54.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 20:59   Link #1527
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
That's like saying one listens to a song without thinking about the singers; some people, after listening to a new song for the first time and found it great, would try to find out about the voice behind the song, and they'll follow that voice to wherever he/she goes.

Which is why I'm highly appreciative of seiyuu and their efforts, regardless of where they came from.
Depends. One can listen to a song and like it enough to look forwards for other products released by them, but without wanting to "follow them everywhere". You admire them, you would wish them well, you may want to go to a live show of them. But you don't need to be interested about their private lives, about every place they are, about everything they do, just because you like them. That level of fandom for people that happens often with idols, seiyuus and popstars, because of the nature of their business, is something I really dislike.

That's in part because I value privacy a lot, which makes me dislike when someone I'm not close to infringe my privacy, and also makes me dislike doing so to others. Even though that may be part about being an idol, it just don't fit with me in that way.
Old 2012-06-17, 21:04   Link #1528
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
That's like saying one listens to a song without thinking about the singers;
*raises hand*

There are, of course, exceptions to everything. Certain exceptional singers will get my attention and I'll look them up, just like certain exceptional seiyuu. But I do not follow them, and I rarely find out about one of them voicing someone in a new series until I've started watching the series myself and hear them. I appreciate the work they do, but their lives and their work, outside of where they enter my area of interest, are not my concern.

Idols do not enter my area of interest except when they do a voice in an anime that I'm watching. Mizuki Nana, for example, has entered my area of interest multiple times. AKB48 I had never even heard of before I started looking into this series, and I still don't really care about them beyond how their status might affect the series itself. AKB0048 is my area of interest, in this case, and I care about the real AKB48 only in how they relate to the series.

That doesn't mean I'm heartless or anything: obviously I don't want their group to collapse and the girls to end up thrown out on the streets or whatever. That's just basic human kindness. It would be nice if they could all do well in this field they've chosen to pursue. But that's not the same as having any sort of active interest in them.
Old 2012-06-17, 21:22   Link #1529
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
That level of fandom for people that happens often with idols, seiyuus and popstars, because of the nature of their business, is something I really dislike.

That's in part because I value privacy a lot, which makes me dislike when someone I'm not close to infringe my privacy, and also makes me dislike doing so to others. Even though that may be part about being an idol, it just don't fit with me in that way.
(Offtopic) Almost like soldiers pitted into war, most public figures and celebrities have chosen the life they wanted to live up, and in doing so (by signing over the dotted line) they take the rewards and risks of being a celebrity, even at the great cost of their privacy (i.e. the recent Rino Sashihara case).

Thus their lives become a part of a big real-life drama, as intense as any soap opera (methinks about the Truman Show), and this is what showbiz press and other entities make a living from.

But there will be some people who hate being the celebrity, especially those who have suddenly came from obscurity to superstardom, found their lives being turned upside down by intense media scrutiny, dogged by paparazzi, paranoid about backstabbers, in conflict with record executives and/or producers, and wishing they wanted to be their old selves (Cypress Hill's Rock Superstar comes to mind when I think of this).

As far as my interest in idols, musicians and actors are concerned, I draw the line between liking their work and obsessing over a person; I wanted to hear a bit of general news about them but express my disgust about gossip, showbiz politics and anything defamatory.

-----------------
(Ontopic) As much as this episode is all right, I still wonder who is/are the power(s) behind DGTO and what his/her face(s) looks like (unlike in Macross, when we get to see Britai Kridanik of the Zentraedi in the first episode, and in Serenity the only visible face of the Alliance is the all-powerful Operative), which is one of the reasons why I'm following this show.

But even then there's a reason to have faceless antagonists, in the same way that John Le Carre's Karla is talked (and worried) about by most of the characters but rarely encountered face-to-face. Instead the conflict is between the protagonists.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-17 at 21:58.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:43   Link #1530
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
>>>Preorders cancelled

Suuuuuuuuuurrrrreeeee
Old 2012-06-17, 21:56   Link #1531
chaosprophet

Btw the two newest entries on the glossary was translated by the same group:
Quote:
Flying Plates

The successors’ mobile stages. During concerts, they can fly for brief periods using antigravity. They move in response to the members’ wills, allowing them to bring their songs up close and personal with the fans.

This plate can also transform into a small space craft, and once it folds its wings it can become the cockpit of an LAS (Live Assault Suit).

In the original AKB’s concert hall, the mechanisms that caused the floor of the stage to rise up were nicknamed “risers”. Perhaps in tribute to this, in Stellar Calendar Year 0048 fans call these plates “Rizers”.

[Terminology subject to change, depending on whether "seri" has an official/generally accepted translation]
Quote:
00 Cyalume

Cyalumes are chemical lights that give off illumination through a chemical reaction; AKB0048′s special cyalumes are in a “00″ shape.

When the fans wave 00 Cyalumes, the Kirara begin to react and glow with the fans’ emotions too.
Old 2012-06-17, 22:23   Link #1532
Kazu-kun

Too bad they didn't show the girls performing River in this episode. I hope we'll get to see it during the guerrilla concert next episode.

With both Chieri and Nagisa on stage, I'm also pretty curious about how they're going to arrange the dance formation. Also, since they'll be performing together, I'm expecting some pretty strong reaction from the kirara.

In any case, I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-17 at 22:44.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 23:56   Link #1533
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Well, the DES is trying to kill people. 0048 is not. Unfair or not, that's the way it is, and it undoubtedly improves 0048's reputation with the ordinary folks. Not only do they only fight back in order to defend themselves and their fans, they only use non-lethal weapons even though their enemies are actively trying to kill them. It allows them to maintain a moral high-ground that is absolutely essential. Whatever happens, they did not kill anyone. That means the only enemy the civilians will end up with is DES. You won't find someone signing up for a campaign of righteous revenge against 0048 because they killed his/her father/mother/brother/whatever. By maintaing the non-lethal combat premise, 0048 helps ensure that even the people within the universe of the series will view the DES as the bad guys.
Even then they want the Idols alive so they can parade them around the capital as prisoners of war and proof they caught an illusive AKB0048 member and the mob will stone and verbally abuse her before they put her before a firing squad.

And I assume there will be an replacement in DGTO leadership who would be some sort of sinister bishounen commander who is even more morally bankrupt than the current DGTO and decides to sacrifice profit for the complete annihilation of the AEPS.

And by having a weight off her should is that now she can focus fully on working together with her trainees and not worry about how being the daughter of a death dealer is going to make people hate her. We all thought Kanata and Chieri will become bitter rivals upon that revelation but with Kanata not treating that as a problem. Chieri can focus on becoming an idol.

Ironically if Acchan was here, she would want to be like Acchan the most.

Last edited by asaqe; 2012-06-18 at 00:16.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:20   Link #1534
Kazu-kun

EveTaku's release is up.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:44   Link #1535
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
EveTaku's release is up.
Version zero. Beware broken frames. Hopefully a fixed version will be up tomorrow, but this one should at least do for the purpose of understanding what's happening.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:49   Link #1536
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Version zero. Beware broken frames. Hopefully a fixed version will be up tomorrow, but this one should at least do for the purpose of understanding what's happening.
Actually, I didn't download that release. They also released the subtitles file, so I downloaded that and used a raw I already had.
Old 2012-06-18, 01:22   Link #1537
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Actually, I didn't download that release. They also released the subtitles file, so I downloaded that and used a raw I already had.
Well, those of us who don't watch and don't have access to raws can't quite do that.

Anyway, I said this before, and I'll say it again now: Takamina, do not give up. Not on your dream, or on Kanata's. Do you think she would be happy knowing you had abandoned your own dreams to make way for her? Can't you see it in her eyes? She doesn't want to take your place on that stage: she wants to stand with you on that stage. Do not give in to despair.

Right now, you are Takamina. You are the strong leader for the team. So take the lead. The kirara and the traditions of 0048 say Kanata cannot move forward until she takes your place. Refuse to accept it. Make a change. Your right to look out for your team takes precedence over the rules of succession that they weren't even going to tell you about. Last episode you were going to insist to Tsubasa that Kanata be made a successor. Do so. At the same time, establish yourself. Make certain they know that you have not abandoned the soul that made the kirara choose you as Takamina, nor will you. Make them find a new way.

Phew...

Ugh. Stayed up too late to watch this and get the details. Maybe talk more after wake up.
Old 2012-06-18, 06:45   Link #1538
nanohh

this ep reminds me of Mariko's speech in the recent sensoukyo The senior members shouldn't give up their seats easily

waiting for Yuka's scandal exposed and i wonder if there's any punishment lol
nanohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:48   Link #1539
mechdra

By the way, who are the VAs for the 76th generation?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 10:06   Link #1540
Undertaker

anyone specific you're asking?

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime