AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-31, 14:13   Link #181
churchblue
Banned

If you would compare CA to White Cosmos, they pretty much equal despite one level difference. He makes it up with tactics, precision and analysis, even within battle. If he did have those qualities, WC would pummeled him REALLY hard. If they fought, it would be hard to determination who would win. The guy lacks any motivation to duel unless he's interested. He doesn't like wasting his time on "uninteresting" people. WC would be one of few that would be able to beat him. He find BV as nuisance (remember all his gear is anti-BV), doesn't bother with him. He also has Advanced Incarnate which is legendary and only very few are able to use it.
Old 2012-09-07, 07:20   Link #182
texrvb
Banned

@churchblue I think you are overthinking it. I do like the kind of character you put up, but I still think it needs revises. For example instead of a yacht bombing, why not a storm. It gives a better entry to the island. Also, you should have the father die on the island cause it would be meaningful. You also put more effort into his past childhood like he puts a "wall" around himself to protect his feelings and lies to his family so that he's not a burden to them (usually he only lies that he has friends so that he can duel burst linkers). He is not afraid of being alone, hence would explain why he was a level 8 very early. He is sad, but does want friends because of how they view him by class and, again, doesn't want himself to be emotionally hurt even though he is.

This should be the comparison:

His past self: Alone, put a "wall" around himself, doesn't being judged or emotionally hurt.

His present self: the "wall" fracture a little, doesn't care how people view him, tries to make an effort in be social.

Putting him with Fuuko is interest, but why does he fully trust her only? I do agree he isn't invincible (he trusts himself and keeps important info to himself), a very hard to read book. I do enjoy writing ideas and having them commented (I comment others). It's my first time, so don't take this comment as an insult.

Last edited by texrvb; 2012-09-07 at 07:39.
Old 2012-09-09, 16:47   Link #183
Crystalline Emperor
King of the Empy Abyss

Seeings lots of OC's in this thread, might as well

Byzantium Scythe - Level 7
Legion: Omega Reapers - Legion Master: Obsidian King
In the real world:
Byzantium Scythe's real name is Brian. Brian was born to a over privileged family. Because of that, high expectations were set for him, which, he didn't achieve. His parents wanted him to be their trump card, to brag against other wealthy family, for being "all that". But when he failed to be what they wanted to, they just left him in the dust. Instead, his parents turned their attention to his one year younger brother, Jimmy. Jimmy lived up to all their hype, and Brian was left in the dust. His parents stayed distant, but he was close to his brother Jimmy, who understood his pain. It was hard to keep up being what the parents wanted, so Jimmy, who in the Accelerated world is known as Obsidian King, gave Brian Brain Burst. Upon downloading it, the game registered his longing to close the distance between his parents and himself, and his longing to be a closer and better brother for his little bro, and gave him his current avatar.

In The Accelerated World:
Byzantium Scythe is a feared fighter when teamed with his brother, Obsidian King.
Byzantium uses the Dementia Scythe, a scythe that is double-headed (Easy cutting time at close range), and can transform into a hand-held ballista (Devastating crossbow bolts) for long range combat. His speed is insane, observers see him as a dark-brownish purple blur. When his special gauge is full, he can activate his ability, Hexagon Slash. When Hexagon Slash is activated, Byzantium creates 5 clones of himself, and encircles an opponent. He then forms a hexagon around the neck of the opponent using the head of his scythes (6 of him now) and pulls. This attack essentially rips the opponents neck from 6 directions. The process is so fast, observers only see a bright purple hexagon where the opponent's neck used to be. His weaknesses are that, when he transforms his scythe, it has a 2 second change time where he is vulnerable. And, his special gauge move is only single target, so multiple opponents will be a problem for him. But with these weaknesses, his speed and scythe still makes him a force to be reckoned with.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:37   Link #184
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline Emperor View Post
Seeings lots of OC's in this thread, might as well

Byzantium Scythe - Level 7
Legion: Omega Reapers - Legion Master: Obsidian King
In the real world:
Byzantium Scythe's real name is Brian. Brian was born to a over privileged family. Because of that, high expectations were set for him, which, he didn't achieve. His parents wanted him to be their trump card, to brag against other wealthy family, for being "all that". But when he failed to be what they wanted to, they just left him in the dust. Instead, his parents turned their attention to his one year younger brother, Jimmy. Jimmy lived up to all their hype, and Brian was left in the dust. His parents stayed distant, but he was close to his brother Jimmy, who understood his pain. It was hard to keep up being what the parents wanted, so Jimmy, who in the Accelerated world is known as Obsidian King, gave Brian Brain Burst. Upon downloading it, the game registered his longing to close the distance between his parents and himself, and his longing to be a closer and better brother for his little bro, and gave him his current avatar.

In The Accelerated World:
Byzantium Scythe is a feared fighter when teamed with his brother, Obsidian King.
Byzantium uses the Dementia Scythe, a scythe that is double-headed (Easy cutting time at close range), and can transform into a hand-held ballista (Devastating crossbow bolts) for long range combat. His speed is insane, observers see him as a dark-brownish purple blur. When his special gauge is full, he can activate his ability, Hexagon Slash. When Hexagon Slash is activated, Byzantium creates 5 clones of himself, and encircles an opponent. He then forms a hexagon around the neck of the opponent using the head of his scythes (6 of him now) and pulls. This attack essentially rips the opponents neck from 6 directions. The process is so fast, observers only see a bright purple hexagon where the opponent's neck used to be. His weaknesses are that, when he transforms his scythe, it has a 2 second change time where he is vulnerable. And, his special gauge move is only single target, so multiple opponents will be a problem for him. But with these weaknesses, his speed and scythe still makes him a force to be reckoned with.
What colour is he? Blue?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:14   Link #185
Crystalline Emperor
King of the Empy Abyss

Byzantium is a type of purple
Old 2012-09-09, 21:56   Link #186
texrvb
Banned

I found two other character that churchblue did: Fix and Ghost. Those were his much better one despite Fix isn't a Burst Linker. Those kind of characters make me imagine a lot and makes people guess or hypothesize. And also Fix get into AW without a Neuro Linker which make him a more interesting person and also his algorithm. For CA, he had to make a hell of a lot of revises. Ghost is also a good twist: an AI avatar that can go between two world without a problem and actually has feeling and morals.

I going to create a character a shot. I'm not good, but I'll try to see what it looks like. Just not today.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:01   Link #187
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by texrvb View Post
I found two other character that churchblue did: Fix and Ghost. Those were his much better one despite Fix isn't a Burst Linker. Those kind of characters make me imagine a lot and makes people guess or hypothesize. And also Fix get into AW without a Neuro Linker which make him a more interesting person and also his algorithm. For CA, he had to make a hell of a lot of revises. Ghost is also a good twist: an AI avatar that can go between two world without a problem and actually has feeling and morals.

I going to create a character a shot. I'm not good, but I'll try to see what it looks like. Just not today.
By better, you mean stu material right?

Old 2012-09-10, 02:57   Link #188
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

As for Byzantium, I think we need to magnify his weaknesses a lot more. His special move is basically a one-hit KO with no way of preventing or countering.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 02:00.
Old 2012-09-10, 05:15   Link #189
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Hmm... Aside from Accelerated Zombie that I'm doing...
I'm thinking of an Accel World x Doctor Who crossover where Haru is the next Doctor...
Old 2012-09-10, 20:10   Link #190
blitz1/2

@orange: it's not that overpowered, considering that he emphasises speed, then he must be light weight and thus lightly armoured, my OC's plasma cannon will blow up to bits or just bombard him from above.
Or if I am lucky, I can pull off my one hit KO move (if I ever get the chance)

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 02:02. Reason: Quote removed
Old 2012-09-10, 21:23   Link #191
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Blitz, his speed is in his own words, 'insane', which means it's going to be extremely difficult to hit him. And once his gauge is filled, it's basically game over due to the one hit KO.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 02:02.
Old 2012-09-10, 23:13   Link #192
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post

Blitz, his speed is in his own words, 'insane', which means it's going to be extremely difficult to hit him. And once his gauge is filled, it's basically game over due to the one hit KO.
Well, he has to fill the gauge first and if he dares to come in close, I'll just pincer him. And Good luck if he can actually PENETRATE the armour.

Speed has it's disadvantages, because they would require a MASSIVE stopping power, now what happens if I blast the terrain around me, causing a massive obstacle course? He would collide and crash before he even reaches me.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-13 at 02:03.
Old 2012-09-11, 00:50   Link #193
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

You'll just help him fill his gauge. Like you said, high speeds means high stopping power. The momentum would allow him to break a few rocks and take damage in the process, helping him fill his gauge. He doesn't need to get in close. He can simply break the terrain around him.
Old 2012-09-11, 08:34   Link #194
Lycodrake

...I feel like, if I tried to post a few OCs I had in mind, they'd get drowned out...
So instead I'll just focus on writing.
Old 2012-09-11, 17:14   Link #195
blitz1/2

Quote:
You'll just help him fill his gauge. Like you said, high speeds means high stopping power. The momentum would allow him to break a few rocks and take damage in the process, helping him fill his gauge. He doesn't need to get in close. He can simply break the terrain around him.
Doesn't matter if he takes more damage from the debris.

For example, he has insane speed and charging directly at me in a city based battlefield, I blow up a building and it collapses in front of me. Considering that his colour and his speed, he is not heavily armoured, thus he'll crash and sustain HUGE damage.

His speed may be labelled "insane", I don't care. People could still catch the speed as long as our eyes can follow it.

If he defends the fact that his speed is faster than can be interpreted, then his idea just blows up considering the fact that the user would be overloaded with sensory stimuli and will not be able to process the speed into his brain without brain damage.

Old 2012-09-11, 18:04   Link #196
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

I question both our common sense by the fact that we are at this topic for so long. xD

The smart, no, wait, obvious would be the better word here, thing for him to do would be to stay away from you until he can get his gauge up. And since he is the faster one, he will be the one who determines the range he is at from you. Thus leaving you nearly powerless while he first goes far away from you to charge up his gauge (and by far, I mean out of sight).
Old 2012-09-11, 20:36   Link #197
blitz1/2

Quote:
I question both our common sense by the fact that we are at this topic for so long. xD

The smart, no, wait, obvious would be the better word here, thing for him to do would be to stay away from you until he can get his gauge up. And since he is the faster one, he will be the one who determines the range he is at from you. Thus leaving you nearly powerless while he first goes far away from you to charge up his gauge (and by far, I mean out of sight).
With what? Smashing debris all day? I don't know about you, but other than green coloured characters, not many would consider breaking their hands on rocks or even wasting ammo on the background is a good investment.

Of course, well my purpose is to BREAK down Stu like characters into something MUCH beatable. Before people start labelling my character as a stu, I can figure out MANY ways to beat both my Ocs.

Refer to Dune universe for the anti-sand worm strategy.

Black Lotus could beat my Metallic character, if it's a confined space.

Scarlet Rain can blow me away (unless I do a kamikaze run, VERY low rate of survival)

Green King, more like my character may get pissed for not penetrating his defense.

Blue King, depends on who wear each others out faster.

Pure numbers can own my character.

Electricity can do some damage to my character.

Old 2012-09-11, 21:21   Link #198
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Silver Crow first destroyed the gravestones in his first fight with Noumi.
Old 2012-09-12, 04:42   Link #199
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
...I feel like, if I tried to post a few OCs I had in mind, they'd get drowned out...
So instead I'll just focus on writing.
I think everyone gets drowned out once a Churchgate happens...

Meanwhile, I'm starting to notice the draw of being a 'solo player' in this thread.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:52   Link #200
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

This is for fun.

Name: Tenkai Inugami

Allegiance: Green Legion, Great Wall

Level: 7

Avatar Appearance: The O from Z Gundam but his arms are those from Big O and a human-like head with a faceplate.

Avatar Specials(Special Gauge MUST be full to be used):

*Drive Buster(4 shots; 2 for each arm)-Once the punch hits, the pistons move back, then rapidly push forward for added damage. Its power is enough to take 1/4 of HP if it hits. If used on stage, capable of collapsing a single floor.

*Block Buster(1 shot, 1 minute charge time)-Upgraded version of Drive Buster. It can bring HP to zero for average defense avatars to critical for high defense avatars if it hits. If used on stage, a city block size crater.

IS: Increased Movement via hovering(Speed: WW2 tank)

Strengths: Immunity to less conventional damage and high attack power at close range

Weakness: Mobility and range

Personality: Easy going most of the time but he is fiercely loyal to the Green Legion, Great Wall. High tactical expertise.

Background: He was survivor of a landslide that took away both his parents and his arms. He suffered depression but his friend, whose AW identity is Iron Pound, gave him the BB program. His inner wish was to be stronger so that his tragedy won't be repeated. Thus, Gold Piston was born. In his first match, he had great difficulty due to his avatar's mobility however he managed to win by using terrain damage. As a result, he had to use the terrain in all of his matches. He owed Iron Pound for this chance and gladly joined Green Legion. He rose through the ranks and is currently right below Green Grandee's lieutenants. During his rise, he learned IS for improving movement from Iron Pound. He is now among the Green Legion members who are camping outside of the ARG base to defeat Metatron. He is the tactical planner for the mission.

Tags
discussion, fanfiction