AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kashimashi Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 10 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-15, 13:00   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Kashimashi Episode 6 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode of Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=Hazumu and Yasuna]Hazumu and Yasuna are both men.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for Hazumu and Yasuna:
Old 2006-02-15, 18:11   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

For those of you that are reading the Manga:
Spoiler for Preview for Episode 7:
Old 2006-02-15, 23:03   Link #3
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I love the way the episode ended. That much needs to be said. Plus the flashback scenes were a nice touch over all and helped make the episode even better. Definitely a pivotal episode. Hmm episode 7 looks like it will be a fun episode if nothing else.
Old 2006-02-15, 23:04   Link #4
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Surprise move by Tomari at the end. Very good episode nonetheless.
Old 2006-02-16, 20:52   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved this ep again. Ah, Tomari-chan. Inspired me to change my sig/avatar over to Tamura Yukari: Hocchan for the first half of the series, Yukarin for the second half. The relocation of the big scene from where it was in the manga worked well for me.

Great to see kj1980 here to keep us from going overboard. He calls this episode just "good", while the rest of us centre around excellent and perfect. He knows too much, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-02-16, 23:33   Link #6
Guppy

I liked the way they quietly changed the ED music to the piano version of Michishirube. It gives the aftermath a quiet, introspective touch which matches well with Hazumu and Tomari realising their own feelings.

And Yasuna's "bring it on!" gesture during the chess game was hilarious. I'm starting to like the anime more than the manga, just for all those little characterisation touches.
Old 2006-02-18, 14:47   Link #7
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Loved this ep again. Ah, Tomari-chan. Inspired me to change my sig/avatar over to Tamura Yukari: Hocchan for the first half of the series, Yukarin for the second half. The relocation of the big scene from where it was in the manga worked well for me.

Great to see kj1980 here to keep us from going overboard. He calls this episode just "good", while the rest of us centre around excellent and perfect. He knows too much, lol.
It was good. I do become critical when it comes down to watching anime in serious form though. While I might praise many with "moe~" and the like, there are parts within me to watch anime as a critic. Yukarin did a wonderful job as Tomari here, but I wouldn't call it her best performance yet. She can do much better.
Old 2006-02-19, 01:52   Link #8
Yumiko

Quote:
No telling or asking for RAWs.
Why not? animesuki.com provides links to subtitled versions when they come out...
Old 2006-02-19, 02:46   Link #9
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Why not? Because it's in the rules, and they're enforced by nice and wonderful mods who will go after you like rabid pitbulls at a mailman wearing pants made of minced meat if you break them.

Can't wait to see it subbed... *pokes Doremi*
Old 2006-02-24, 13:57   Link #10
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Episode #6 has been subbed (for those of you waiting for it).
Old 2006-02-24, 18:24   Link #11
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Loved Yasuna @ Chess

"Come."
Old 2006-02-25, 00:07   Link #12
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Having issues with that x.264 codec... video was too slow, despite my machine being a lot stronger than what it needs (it's a gaming rig... a bit outdated gaming rig, but a gaming rig anyway).

This being said, LOVED IT! In the words of Ayuki, Tomari stepped on the stage. And no, Yasuna, even if you try to steal her lines, she's not getting off.

I'm surprised they're adding scenes compared to the Manga, I mean... usually, adaptations cut scenes
Oh well, it's working. Though it seems the anime is making Tomari the winner... meh, Yasuna will get her turn
Old 2006-02-25, 03:48   Link #13
gnuffiehot

You might want to get the x264 codec for GNU's releases. www.x264.nl
Old 2006-02-25, 11:22   Link #14
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

I did get it.
Anyways,
Old 2006-02-25, 15:09   Link #15
Boukenxha

I think the splendid use of vivid imagery in this episode deserves a special mention, namely Tomari's childhood flashback scene and more so for the final confession scene. Given that important scenes like these would have been a direct transplant from the manga (I've not read it), but I think a certain amount of flair is still needed to bring out the subtlety of the mood during those emotional moments.

So far, I think the director has done well when it counts. The kiss from ep 5 might have earned itself a place on my list of most unforgettable scenes from an anime but it didn't make me sit up and watch in a similar way when Hazumu start jumping from stone to stone during the last part.
Old 2006-02-25, 21:58   Link #16
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Hazumu is such a player. A shame that his relationship with Yasuna is more obligation/guilt right now. He's getting pretty close with Tomari....

The stepping stone scene was nice.
Old 2006-02-25, 22:50   Link #17
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

In most anime like these, it's always the childhood friends who end up together (I think).
Old 2006-02-26, 00:02   Link #18
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

From this episode it would certainly seem so. A Yasuna ep, and now a Tomari ep. Compare and contrast. Tomari didn't push a pity kiss on Hazumu, which puts her in the lead. Or something. Ya~su~na~~

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2006-02-26 at 01:22.
Old 2006-02-26, 02:11   Link #19
Juan Valdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Having issues with that x.264 codec... video was too slow, despite my machine being a lot stronger than what it needs (it's a gaming rig... a bit outdated gaming rig, but a gaming rig anyway).
You should use VLC. It can play x264 encoded videos on even very old machines (like my 700 MHz Thinkpad), and unlike most media players all the codecs are built in so there is no need to install extra stuff. (VLC has lousy support for softsubs, but that's not too big of an issue since most fansubs are hardsubbed).

But anyway... I'm liking this show more and more as time goes on. This wasn't quite as moving as the last episode, but it did add another interesting twist to an already twisted story Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Old 2006-02-26, 14:28   Link #20
Gladi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
You should use VLC. It can play x264 encoded videos on even very old machines (like my 700 MHz Thinkpad), and unlike most media players all the codecs are built in so there is no need to install extra stuff. (VLC has lousy support for softsubs, but that's not too big of an issue since most fansubs are hardsubbed).

But anyway... I'm liking this show more and more as time goes on. This wasn't quite as moving as the last episode, but it did add another interesting twist to an already twisted story Can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Bright day
On VideoLan (VLC), quite a numbers of groups started to use mkv format with softsubs... AFAIK.

Exept mostly meh, last picture was good, average overall.
Closed Thread