AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-09-13, 01:13   Link #141
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
omg how do I not remember the scene between Gray and Happy

I still only watched the first batch, hopefully i can find the other ones.

So happy the movie will be dubbed, since I haven't even bothered to watch the sub version.
First batch of what? Part 5 episodes? Because then you would've heard the...unique translation choices made when Gray actually attempted to fly. (My sides still ache from that first time I saw the scene dubbed.)

And remember, the movie should debut tomorrow or over the weekend. If we're lucky, maybe we'll hear some casting choices soon. Going over the current cast Funimation's been using for their dubs as of late, I'd put my money on Bryan Massey as Lily.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 20:17   Link #142
Krono

The first announcements for the dub cast for the movie are out:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ws-english-dub

http://www.funimation.com/lee/blog/e...estess/7889464

Eclair: Jessica Calvello
Momon: Tiffany Grant
Prince Cream: Scott Zenreich

Also announced:

Pantherlily - Rick Keeling
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 15:38   Link #143
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Tiff Grant as Momon, interesting, which reminds me, kinda off topic, isn't it a weird coincidence that she was picked to voice Chris in the Majikoi dub? German and/or sexpot voicing should be the key role in her resumé^^;;.
Old 2013-09-15, 18:06   Link #144
immblueversion

I read on a forum that Part 7 will be coming out on December 10 this year, the same day as the movie. They even showed (potential) cover art for it.

Spoiler for Image size:

Can anyone verify any of this?

Old 2013-09-16, 00:41   Link #145
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I read on a forum that Part 7 will be coming out on December 10 this year, the same day as the movie. They even showed (potential) cover art for it.

Spoiler for Image size:

Can anyone verify any of this?
If that forum was TheFandomPost or Mania etc, then the cover art and release date is official/legitimate.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 09:59   Link #146
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
If that forum was TheFandomPost or Mania etc, then the cover art and release date is official/legitimate.
Yep, it was Mania.

Old 2013-09-16, 23:58   Link #147
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Good to know. TBH, Mania's basically a ghost town now, almost everyone has moved to TheFandomPost.

Anyhoo, yes both the release date & cover art are legit.
Old 2013-09-17, 10:27   Link #148
immblueversion

Quote:
Good to know. TBH, Mania's basically a ghost town now, almost everyone has moved to TheFandomPost.

Anyhoo, yes both the release date & cover art are legit.
Right Stuf appears to agree, at least on the release date.

Old 2013-09-18, 00:13   Link #149
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Right Stuf appears to agree, at least on the release date.
RightStuf usually takes awhile to upload cover art, I wonder why?
Old 2013-09-18, 00:30   Link #150
immblueversion

Quote:
RightStuf usually takes awhile to upload cover art, I wonder why?
Maybe because, in this case, the cover art isn't finalized.

Old 2013-09-22, 00:47   Link #151
immblueversion

Now, I have no idea what the official cast will be, but apart from the obvious Edolas counterparts, I'd like to list my dream cast for the dub of the next arc:

Spoiler for Speculation only:

Old 2013-10-01, 14:08   Link #152
immblueversion

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Old 2013-10-01, 14:21   Link #153
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Details blue, for us of not being able to see vid in our country-v-;;.
Old 2013-10-02, 02:00   Link #154
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Details blue, for us of not being able to see vid in our country-v-;;.
Not much, other than that Faust does not sound like R Bruce Elliott... at least, not like I've heard him before.

Old 2013-10-02, 06:41   Link #155
ImperialFlameGod8190

i'm a bit angry that we don't see lisanna in that video
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:04   Link #156
ginger02

Still getting used to Carla's voice.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 20:43   Link #157
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, saw the movie dub, Lily sounded....welll....at least you know the studio's in Texas^^;;.
Old 2013-11-23, 02:12   Link #158
immblueversion

I too have seen the dub, and I finally know the rest of those voice actors. Now, to go over the voice actors of note:

Pantherlily (Rick Keeling) - There's only one way to describe it: deep. Very deep. So deep, it almost sounded like he was focusing more on his own voice than his performance, which was mostly just exposition, so it was kind of weak. But seeing how we'll be getting more (and better) scenes of him, there's still hope of improvement.

Eclair (Jessica Calvello) - This one was...bad. She just droned soullessly during much of her scenes, and her more emotional scenes were so over-the-top that it reminded me too much of her role as Excel for me to enjoy. This could just be my complete and utter disinterest in Eclair as a character talking, though, and it would be tricky to give a good or interesting performance to a character who is neither of those things. But honestly, I think this one just made it worse...

Momon (Tiffany Grant) - Definitely one of the better ones. There was a cuteness to it that wasn't quite as grating as in Japanese, so it definitely helped make Momon a little more charming for me, when originally he was almost as uninteresting to me as Eclair (and yeah, I finally know for sure that Momon is a boy).

Duke Cream (Scott Zenreich) - He lies somewhere between Eclair's awfulness and Momon's decency. All I know about this guy is that he's a complete unknown, so if this is his first major voice role, he has much room for improvement. But he did bring his lame role just a little step up, so he wasn't god-awful.

Dist (Taliesin Jaffe) - He was just okay. And that's saying a lot, since Dist is one of the most boring, forgettable anime movie villains in the rogue's gallery of all boring, forgettable movie villains.

Cannon (Kyle Hebert) - Can't go wrong with Kyle. He was a tad spotty for a scene or two, but he wasn't awful.

Coordinator (Shelley Calene-Black) - Again, like Kyle, kind of spotty here and there, but nothing terrible.

Chase (Jason Liebrecht) - This guy was criminally underused. That's his only problem. He was by far the coolest villain, with the coolest powers and coolest design of all the villains in this movie. And now he gets the coolest voice. This guy was scary. I will remember this one.

Old 2013-11-25, 23:41   Link #159
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
I too have seen the dub, and I finally know the rest of those voice actors. Now, to go over the voice actors of note:

Pantherlily (Rick Keeling) - There's only one way to describe it: deep. Very deep. So deep, it almost sounded like he was focusing more on his own voice than his performance, which was mostly just exposition, so it was kind of weak. But seeing how we'll be getting more (and better) scenes of him, there's still hope of improvement.

Eclair (Jessica Calvello) - This one was...bad. She just droned soullessly during much of her scenes, and her more emotional scenes were so over-the-top that it reminded me too much of her role as Excel for me to enjoy. This could just be my complete and utter disinterest in Eclair as a character talking, though, and it would be tricky to give a good or interesting performance to a character who is neither of those things. But honestly, I think this one just made it worse...

Momon (Tiffany Grant) - Definitely one of the better ones. There was a cuteness to it that wasn't quite as grating as in Japanese, so it definitely helped make Momon a little more charming for me, when originally he was almost as uninteresting to me as Eclair (and yeah, I finally know for sure that Momon is a boy).

Duke Cream (Scott Zenreich) - He lies somewhere between Eclair's awfulness and Momon's decency. All I know about this guy is that he's a complete unknown, so if this is his first major voice role, he has much room for improvement. But he did bring his lame role just a little step up, so he wasn't god-awful.

Dist (Taliesin Jaffe) - He was just okay. And that's saying a lot, since Dist is one of the most boring, forgettable anime movie villains in the rogue's gallery of all boring, forgettable movie villains.

Cannon (Kyle Hebert) - Can't go wrong with Kyle. He was a tad spotty for a scene or two, but he wasn't awful.

Coordinator (Shelley Calene-Black) - Again, like Kyle, kind of spotty here and there, but nothing terrible.

Chase (Jason Liebrecht) - This guy was criminally underused. That's his only problem. He was by far the coolest villain, with the coolest powers and coolest design of all the villains in this movie. And now he gets the coolest voice. This guy was scary. I will remember this one.
No wonder he got cast as Rob Lucci in one piece. Both in Unlimited Adventure, and where the dub is now, he just sold me the character (for Jason)
Old 2013-11-26, 23:11   Link #160
immblueversion

Good god, the dub of Part 7 is out too! I mean, I knew it'd be released on DVD the same day as the movie, so seeing the movie out so soon would've had to mean we'd get this soon too, but still.

Now, I'm gonna go through each one of these bad boys before doing a review. Though I will say that I previewed each major new voice, and Rick Keeling has definitely improved dramatically as Lily. It's like he's much more confident in his part, and he dropped a lot of that inconsistent "black guy" voice he seemed to be using. Here's the rest (besides most of the Edolas choices, though I'll throw in some for the heck of it because meh):

Gildarts - Jason Douglas
Faust - R Bruce Elliott (if you saw the original, you'll know why)
Knightwalker - Colleen Clinkenbeard
Hughes - Josh Grelle (totally called it)
Sugarboy - Duncan Brannan
Byro - Brad Vernable
Coco - Felecia Angelle
Nadi - Doug Burks
Nichiya - Chris Guerrero
Lucky - Jerry Russell (RIP)
Marl - Melanie Mason