AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-01, 08:42   Link #481
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It hasn't been announced, but probably in the Fall or maybe the Winter of this year. Check out the D.C. II anime thread for the discussion already in progress about it.
Grrrr.... More anime I'll have to download... *sigh*

Well I'm finishing up DC S.S. this weekend. I'm on episode 19 now. It's kinda going slow... But it's good. I really like Kotori. She's soooo cute. ^_^

Not sure if I like SS or original better at this point....

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 11:29   Link #482
DanielSong39

Spoiler for Did they or didn't they?:
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 18:33   Link #483
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Spoiler for Did they or didn't they?:
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 10:59   Link #484
Pengu

I like Da capo for it's characters, but just can't stand the main plot.
Hearing Nemu say Oniichan every 10th minute with what's going on between them gives me the creep. So, they are not related, but I really was never a fan of that realationship.

My favourite episodes are without a doubt the 1st 5 in the 2nd season.
Just made it so much better with no Nemu liberating Junichi and at least made me belive one of the other girls had a chance. I'd prefered Kotori, Mako or even Miharu to end up with Junichi.
When nemu came back it was the same boring story again and hearing "I love you Oniichan" makes me shudder.
Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 13:14   Link #485
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

i actually love nemu, she can call me oniichan any time she wants

Kotori was a definte no no, not with a sister like hers >.<

Miharu was hunny, she grabs his you no what thinking it was a banana >.< the downsides of a morning wood lmao

I didnt like season 2 as much as season one though, didnt have the feel the S1 had.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 14:17   Link #486
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
OMG. I loved Kotori. If the series didn't end with Nemu and Junichi together I definitely wanted it to be Kotori and Junichi.

She was really cute and soooo likeable. =^_^=

And I definitely think, no matter what, that Mako and Suginami should've gotten together. That would've been quality. ^_^ Hey, when two people (especially man and woman) butt heads a lot, it means they like each other. ^_^

Old 2007-06-12, 17:41   Link #487
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kotori is awesome! how can you not like her? i thought that she was going to go kaede mode on nemu for comming back at one point (and i would have accepted it happily ) ~ nemu is just an annoying bug imo >.< i was never fond of the "sticky clingy then random moodswings" type >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 18:10   Link #488
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

where oh where did i say i didnt like Kotori *rereads previouse post.* nope didnt say i didnt like her.

Quote:
Where in that scentance does it say i dont like her? All i said was that with a sister like hers getting hooked up with her is nasty, dangerous ground. If you've forgotten who her sister is go watch the first season again
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 19:19   Link #489
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Where in that scentance does it say i dont like her? All i said was that with a sister like hers getting hooked up with her is nasty, dangerous ground. If you've forgotten who her sister is go watch the first season again
There aren't couples in the world with less-than-stellar in-laws? O.o

Old 2007-06-12, 19:28   Link #490
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i thought that she was going to go kaede mode on nemu for comming back at one point
Kotori has far more control over herself then Kaede --- and she respects the feelings of others. Second season did a wonderful job finishing of the final steps of Kotori's character development.

Still, second season was all about Sakura. <3
Old 2007-06-13, 02:40   Link #491
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I absolutely love Sakura (my favorite from DC by far), but second season wasn't about her at all. She doesn't even show up before ep18 or so. (And as much as i dislike Nemu to the core, she earned some good points when she thanked/apologized to Sakura in that bathroom scene).

Second season was about Aisia, and her coming to terms with the fact that magic is not solution to everything, and in fact can hurt people easily. A lesson she had to learn the hard way.
Old 2007-06-13, 02:53   Link #492
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I hated Sakura with a passion for about the first three-quarters of the original Da Capo--she just came across like a spoiled brat to me. But the last quarter of the series it was hard not to feel empathy for her, and she really grew a lot as a character. While I wouldn't say she was my favorite, by the end of Da Capo original I liked her.

In D.C.S.S. I still don't understand why everyone couldn't just come out and tell Aisia what happened two years ago with the sakura tree--if Aisia had known, I don't think she would have been as quick to do what she did. Sakura especially should have told her, as it was a perfect example of what Sakura was trying to say about magic sometimes being dangerous. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a fun conversation for Sakura, but it would have been much better than what happened instead.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 03:00   Link #493
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well.. perhaps Sakura wanted for Aisia to learn the lesson the hard way - as in "you won't fully understand until you get burnt". Perhaps she figured it is safer to let Aisia have this lesson while she herself was around, and thus could clean up the mess if it got too out of hand.
Old 2007-06-13, 06:26   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
but second season wasn't about her at all.
Yeah, i was joking you know --- being in Sakura fanboy mode and all. :3
Old 2007-06-13, 22:12   Link #495
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
In D.C.S.S. I still don't understand why everyone couldn't just come out and tell Aisia what happened two years ago with the sakura tree--if Aisia had known, I don't think she would have been as quick to do what she did. Sakura especially should have told her, as it was a perfect example of what Sakura was trying to say about magic sometimes being dangerous. I'm sure it wouldn't have been a fun conversation for Sakura, but it would have been much better than what happened instead.
Well, they did try to explain it to her (Sakura especially), but the problem was that Aisia still wouldn't accept it because she thought it was unfair that the other girls (and mostly that she) couldn't have their/her feelings reciprocated as well. It's not like Nemu did anything in the second season to "deserve him" (in fact, people who complain about her attitude in the second season, that Kotori was more deserving/nicer, etc. etc. sort of miss the fact that all that was exactly the point - Kotori "deserved him", but he just didn't love her, hence...). Aisia thought that, basically, she could fix what Sakura couldn't and "do it right" this time. Of course, all that was because Aisia was being childish, and most of the point of the second season was demonstrating how the other characters -- especially Kotori, Sakura, and eventually Aisia -- came to terms with the truth, even though it was, in fact, "unfair". It's not so much that they thought Aisia needed to get burned to know the stove was hot, but more like (as with most parents and children) she wouldn't listen anyway.

As I said way back in the day, and it's worth repeating, a lot of the viewers would do well to learn (and apply) the same lesson that Aisia did. Then they'd "get" the show (and not be so bitter).
Old 2007-07-21, 13:39   Link #496
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
OMG. I posted my question about the series in the other thread. Sorry
Spoiler:
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:48   Link #497
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
OMG. I posted my question about the series in the other thread. Sorry
Spoiler:
I don't know if this is really a spoiler, but...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-21, 14:00   Link #498
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't know if this is really a spoiler, but...
Spoiler:

Ahhh, I see. Haha sorry, I couldn't wait. Will have to watch it then. Thanks.

I like it to be Kotori and Junichi tbh, though. Even if Nemu's an adopted sister only, it still seems wrong for me... And Kotori's hot.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 14:42   Link #499
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hehe...watch and you will see
though i dont know why the hell jun was acting like hes mourning or something at first...freaked me out just like your reaction

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 18:54   Link #500
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yeah Juinchii's reaction was a little bit exxagerated i have to admit... From the way he was acting i also thought

Spoiler for for D.C.S.S:

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen