AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 10:11   Link #40741
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Holy crap... that's like 24 pages on MS word.

Currently working on other fic and I've only reached 23
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 10:48   Link #40742
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, it's a busy semester for most of us (and work for other)

I suppose the usual schedule (15-23 P.M. pinoy time) slip a little bit (for information, my timezone about 1 hour later than that)

As for the sig, yes, I have stooped even lower than usual.

(and then Ichika met his replacement clone, boy howdy)
The lowest I go so far is reading Shinshi Doumei Cross.

-_-

Yes, there is Shounen Ai in it.
=

Attempt to use Shoujo Manga as reference and inspiration isn't very successful here.....
Old 2013-03-09, 10:53   Link #40743
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Attempt to use Shoujo Manga as reference and inspiration isn't very successful here.....
Seconded this

I'm on shoujo and dorama spree and still fail.

(Currently watching: Otomen, Kimi Ni todoke)

-----------------------

That would be the last time I saw open sky, I wonder if everyone is worried.

Houki probably kicking herself considering what happened, I knew she wouldn’t do that in front of others but… and what about Chifuyu-nee? Scratch that, MY Chifuyu-nee.

Apparently, the idea of me being brainwashed is better. This Chifuyu-nee got her point, and so did the government. But even then, I can’t help but feel angry.

It’s either I’m insane, or I really arrived at parallel dimension, or a combination thereof.

The other Ichika, although not doubtless, is the only one trusted me. I don’t know why, Ichika said there’s no particular reason I’m lying. I cringed when that girl tried to make a crude comforting remark that even if I’m a mole, it’ll be a very personal grudge than anything else.

Such ignorant, yet kind words. I began to project myself in her, I’ve realized that I’m no different at all.

I wrote this message in case things go even worse.

This is not my place, and I want to go home. One Orimura Ichika probably enough for them.

- Ichika Orimura (Male)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-09 at 11:07.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 11:07   Link #40744
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But I use shoujo material to inspire myself to write IS all the time. Then again it's msotly for the Ro-Com content
Old 2013-03-09, 14:52   Link #40745
DarkJak2050

Another one in the archive.

Zero Shiki Chronicles

And another...

IS Fusion Lightning

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-03-09 at 21:30.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 03:02   Link #40746
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Another secret fan unit by Country A shouldn't hurt so much, right?
Old 2013-03-10, 03:06   Link #40747
demino_hellsin
That one guy

you are playing with fire man. I think Zero would advise against it and so would I but if its a late stage story... plot device villain would be justifiable?
Old 2013-03-10, 03:14   Link #40748
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Seeing that "Country A" comprised of like, 70% of the readers (no kidding) I think the result is scream of "PRIDE!" or "WUT?", mostly a mix of both. You'd be surprised how they laugh at their own caricatures rather than unleashing rage.

Mind you, from perspective point, it's entirely possible for "Country A" to create three I.S..

95% of the readers (the other 5 is another fanfic writers who read other fic) doesn't even knew that the first two unit (Gospel and Fang Quake) is a violation of Alaska Treaty. This is a sad fact that even Izuru probably forgot.

And third unit doesn't make much problem for "Country A", seeing how they're half a continent in size and wealthy enough to afford it.
Old 2013-03-10, 03:18   Link #40749
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Thing is, it's going to appear just once in the story

Not really a plot point, just a random elite mook moment where another secretly developed military war machine pops out of nowhere and defends a base against attackers... and it's not an IS... or even a humanoid mech.

EDIT: Working on a techdesc on the unit. Will post it once done.

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2013-03-10 at 03:28.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 03:52   Link #40750
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Author intention are more important than machine spec, I told you.

Fanfic bred fanon, fanon bred speculation, speculation will bred either fridge logic or fridge brilliance and stop there.

There are two ways to do that without resorting to Asspull or BLAM.
1. It's mentioned before, even offhand comment would be enough.
2. It appears THEN will be mentioned again later, so it does affect the plot, just not the main plot.
Old 2013-03-10, 04:13   Link #40751
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Point 2 is where its at. At appears first and gets mentioned again at a later part, basically a contingency plan against IS but in a, you know, not-so-legal manner.
Old 2013-03-10, 04:48   Link #40752
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And here's the unit's techdesc:

Spoiler for White Hammer:
Old 2013-03-10, 06:25   Link #40753
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

More firepower for compensation I see.

But there will be problem, LOT'S of problem. Particularly ammunition, poor machine use too many solid projectile weapon.

Quote:
the bullets fired from these cannons can easily punch through several tanks in its path.
Exaggeration aside, SINGLE SHOT from that cannon will make the machine FLY.
Old 2013-03-10, 06:32   Link #40754
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'll admit I exaggerated. Though yet again, it's basically a Battletech Mech in all but name. I'd go for an Atlas-type but the country has no reason to built a specialized unit yet... Just something to shoot alot of things.

And I should add that it's going to be a rather slow machine with all the ammunition its carrying. It's going to go through changes anyways so I'll leave that here just for the heck of it.
Old 2013-03-10, 06:42   Link #40755
DarkJak2050

Uh Zero, exactly what do you have for your signature?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 10:19   Link #40756
Eratas123

You know, all of us seem to have forgotten the concept we all loved before: Badass Normals. Nowadays every male we use is either an augmented clone, a kamen rider, a power armor substitute wearer etc etc. It's kinda sad that the tank bred clone implanted with combat strategies is actually the most normal thing in comparison to everybody else.

Oh, and I've stopped using Microsoft word. I find uploading the file to Fanfic.net and working on it from there directly to be more relaxing: No pesky word count and I can accurately gauge how long my paragraphs are to readers.
Old 2013-03-10, 10:45   Link #40757
demino_hellsin
That one guy

"In war, the lucky ones die in the front lines."

Another really weird quote that came to me suddenly.

Well Genta is human... err boosted by Cosmic energy when he got his ultimate form but that's besides the point

I still have Aries on my waiting list anyway.
Old 2013-03-10, 10:52   Link #40758
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well, not all of us have the creative capacity to write out a proper story of a normal guy doing extraotdinary feats without assistance of an external agent AND actually make it interesting to read and write.

I am one of those people(the not having the creative capacity ones). Mainly because I have been so intrigued by combat machines since young. (Gundam, Mechwarrior, Armored Core etc.)

That and I have a knack of dwelling on What Ifs.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:27   Link #40759
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
You know, all of us seem to have forgotten the concept we all loved before: Badass Normals. Nowadays every male we use is either an augmented clone, a kamen rider, a power armor substitute wearer etc etc. It's kinda sad that the tank bred clone implanted with combat strategies is actually the most normal thing in comparison to everybody else.
Nonsense comment:

Vantier is a remote control drone...... being control by a normal human being. So technically speaking Cyril is a coward who hide behind the line. Though the problem is Vantier is pretty abnormal on its own so... no count.

On the other hand.... Can a normal IS pilot actually be considered Badass Normal when she is facing off those abnormal stuff like above?

Some sense inserted comment:

You mad bro? (-_-|||)

There is certain limit a normal human being could humanly do. Fighting IS is probably not one of them. At the very best they could only distract the IS until the real firepower(most likely another IS) arrive.

Badass normal may be fun to do but probably not here.

In IS where the power armor can shrug off conventional weapons such as tank and missile.....

What make you think your normal knife and gun is going to work?
(note: The key word is normal, no access to special weapons. Only conventional tools which mentioned in canon, doesn't work)

In other Anime, totally possible:
>To-Aru's level 0 are Badass Normal. Esper, magicians are still humans. A bullet in the head = death.

>Hidan No Aria, just give your character quick wits (opponents are mostly humans so...yea...it will work out some how because no matter how fast your opponent is, they can never outrun(not dodge) bullets (lots of them))

The bottom line is: If opponent can be beheaded/beat/shot/stab to death. You can create Badass normal character.

=

Edit (after some thoughts):

There is a way to Badass normal character...

Employing Dirty tactics which make people go:

then
"WHY THE HELL DO WE WANT TO ROOT FOR SUCH CHARACTER?"

Not to mention, god-awful anti-climatic and boring because your typical IS pilot is just a normal person.

Felt almost like rape. Seriously.

Moar Edit:
I think what we really need, is to break the through the sheer amount of Male-ness and see through female's eyes instead. We never get to see their side of the story. We keep getting people waving male pride (more and more people doing that. Shamefully, includes me) but nobody bother to consider that females can also be a victim of the new social system.

(psst... I think male rage is the reason why we are getting more and more people on this boat even though it is actually a little bland compared to other anime)

So...
Probably a cool and caring male character(think of a typical Shojo manga Good Guy) who has little to do with IS, (probably unsuitable to be main character)
or
your typical wimpy male character but has emotional connection with IS pilots. (warning: This one very hard to write)

might actually be the closest we can get to Badass normal....without fighting.

If you can do awesome stuff without fighting.... you are not awesome.

YOU ARE FREAKING EPIC!

Even Sun Tzu approve.
=

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-10 at 12:52.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 12:50   Link #40760
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Uh Zero, exactly what do you have for your signature?
Minato Arisato and his -unnamed- female counterpart, main character(s) of Persona 3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
[B]
There is certain limit a normal human being could humanly do. Fighting IS is probably not one of them. At the very best they could only distract the IS until the real firepower(most likely another IS) arrive.

Badass normal may be fun to do but probably not here.

In IS where the power armor can shrug off conventional weapons such as tank and missile.....

What make you think your normal knife and gun is going to work?
(note: The key word is normal, no access to special weapons. Only conventional tools which mentioned in canon, doesn't work)
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
"In war, the lucky ones die in the front lines."

Another really weird quote that came to me suddenly.

Well Genta is human... err boosted by Cosmic energy when he got his ultimate form but that's besides the point

I still have Aries on my waiting list anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Well, not all of us have the creative capacity to write out a proper story of a normal guy doing extraotdinary feats without assistance of an external agent AND actually make it interesting to read and write.

I am one of those people(the not having the creative capacity ones). Mainly because I have been so intrigued by combat machines since young. (Gundam, Mechwarrior, Armored Core etc.)

That and I have a knack of dwelling on What Ifs.
Exactly what Stratos said, 1/3 of I.S. is about mech beating each other (2/3 being harem comedy and fanservice) and thus mech-using protagonist is what's the most common and is THE point.

Badass normal protagonist is not, however impossible, just require more unique plot.

Everyone summed this up already, making a badass normal a character require a subplot that does NOT involve I.S. getting into fray and have an epic fight.

Jak's first arc of Project Silverback, take for example, showing how hopeless normal, even hard-forged human fighting I.S., especially on foot.

Hawke's story less about I.S. and more about the works behind the curtain (espionage, politics, human relationship etc)

And of course, you want to write badass normal, Irish and Saito (or his companion) being your own answer

Quote:
Oh, and I've stopped using Microsoft word. I find uploading the file to Fanfic.net and working on it from there directly to be more relaxing: No pesky word count and I can accurately gauge how long my paragraphs are to readers.
I used to do this, but frequent blackout pissed me off by deleting my progress, and thus I returned to MS word for convenience.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest