Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 19:37   Link #501
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
...Also agree with the others that the sequence of the hand to hand combat expert not knowing the weak point of the male sex and the male lead showing her through living experience by kicking himself between the legs was a bit farfetched, but ... well ... I will overlook it ftm. I guess?
I may have misunderstood, but I thought we had a holder of a karate belt here earlier saying that it was never part of the teaching. So I can accept that she might not have known. Kicking himself, however, was indeed above and beyond the call of duty, lol.

As for the kicking, I remember in middle school, the tougher kids (male and female) at my school used to spend recess playing around trying to kick each other in the genitals. After school, they might have moved on to something else involving genitals, not sure. The school was part suburban and part rural.

And I'm pretty sure I remember a three-way switch, but not a three-day switch.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 19:50   Link #502
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ah ha ... well, ok. Even if not part of karate "curriculum" per se that still only lessens it a little for me.

But it's not a big deal overall for me, I guess - the overall story and development has definitely grabbed my attention for now.
Old 2012-07-24, 20:27   Link #503
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I may have misunderstood, but I thought we had a holder of a karate belt here earlier saying that it was never part of the teaching. So I can accept that she might not have known. Kicking himself, however, was indeed above and beyond the call of duty, lol.

As for the kicking, I remember in middle school, the tougher kids (male and female) at my school used to spend recess playing around trying to kick each other in the genitals. After school, they might have moved on to something else involving genitals, not sure. The school was part suburban and part rural.

Yep. That's also common practice in middle schools around argentina. They'd punch you, or kick you whenever you were not paying attention. Hence every damn break everyone was en garde.

Cheerio
Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:05   Link #504
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
Thank god I didn't watch the PV then.

Spoiler for Kokoro Connect episode 3:

In any case, great episode. Enjoying this a lot.

Arturia
Yeah cause amongst them it seems Aoki is the one who can read the mood easily.
That's why he dragged Iori away however he can't do that to both Inaba and Iori too. So he choose the most likely to react. However it seems he miscalculated the effects on Inaba
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:22   Link #505
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

While I do believe that both Iori and Himiko have some feelings for Taichi, I don't think that final scene actually involved their reactions to Taichi's budding friendship with Yui. I didn't pick up any nuances that indicated jealousy on either of them, but only on Aoki, which was obvious. My interpretation was that both of them didn't really consider it too significant from a romantic standpoint, and the main takeaway for them was that some good could come out from the whole personality-switching.

I'm still unsure about why Himiko fainted, though at this point I would attribute it to her having weak health. Maybe that's her weakness in this series.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:33   Link #506
Snuffle
likes cute things

I'd like to mention a thought that has been bugging me since ep.2 I think it was. Not sure if this was brought up before but meh.

Has anyone noticed how the two guys and genki girl don't seem to mind the whole swapping ordeal compared to orange karate girl and ice queen? As for the Ms. Orange, she doesn't really seem to mind as long as she is in another female's body. But the ice queen, she is so strongly against their predicament in such a way that makes me think she has something she really wants to hide. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with her brother (that's her brother in her home right?)
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 12:49   Link #507
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I'd like to mention a thought that has been bugging me since ep.2 I think it was. Not sure if this was brought up before but meh.

Has anyone noticed how the two guys and genki girl don't seem to mind the whole swapping ordeal compared to orange karate girl and ice queen? As for the Ms. Orange, she doesn't really seem to mind as long as she is in another female's body. But the ice queen, she is so strongly against their predicament in such a way that makes me think she has something she really wants to hide. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with her brother (that's her brother in her home right?)
That's a nice thought. Now that I'm entertaining the idea it looks quite plausible that it has something to do with her family, and how we didn't see her family other than her brother (and her snubbing him)

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:15   Link #508
chaos_animagic

I hope that everyone that watched ep 3... doesn't start a rise of "Nut Kicking Practice"... >.<
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:21   Link #509
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

You'd be surprised how naive people can be sometimes. I just read a biography about a woman who didn't even know that she was pregnant or how she got pregnant until she went into labor at a hospital. And it wasn't like she was a dumb person either.

After that, this sort of naivety doesn't push it at all for me.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:48   Link #510
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:

I'm 25 and have seen a few of my college buddies using the "What's the capital of Thailand?" bait quite a few times.
Old 2012-07-25, 20:55   Link #511
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
...I'm still unsure about why Himiko fainted, though at this point I would attribute it to her having weak health. Maybe that's her weakness in this series.
You may be right, but my first thought was that her consciousness had left her body without someone else's coming in. It seemed so sudden. But the preview hints it might just be some kind of weak health.

One of the strongest lines in ep3 was when she muttered to Taichi that "everyone but you yourself is your enemy." That certainly ties in with the idea that she doesn't feel at ease with her own family, and also with her generally harsh attitude.

Good show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:07   Link #512
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I hope that everyone that watched ep 3... doesn't start a rise of "Nut Kicking Practice"... >.<
I kinda doubt that, since I assume that most of the posters here are male. For the female posters: "Please don't try this at home to any male. Yes, that includes your dogs and cats ."
Old 2012-07-25, 21:53   Link #513
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was something new kicking him self in his boys just to show her some thing
Old 2012-07-25, 23:29   Link #514
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Getting away from the focus on testicular abuse for a moment...

One of the backgrounds in episode 3 revealed that the show is set in Yokohama. The skyline just after the talking-heads garbage patrol scene was the Minato Mirai area down by the shoreline revealing the "orange-segment" shape of the Yokohama Grand hotel, the Landmark Tower (the tallest building in Japan) and the Queens Mall buildings. The weird thing is that they missed out the Cosmo Ferris wheel which is a major Yokohama landmark in its own right.
The tallest Japanese building to be completed in the 1990s, that is. The Tokyo Skytree which reached completion end of February 2012 has now more than double its height, with a whopping 634m, which makes it the "Tallest free standing tower in the world" and "Second tallest manmade structure in the world".

Quote:
You may be right, but my first thought was that her consciousness had left her body without someone else's coming in. It seemed so sudden. But the preview hints it might just be some kind of weak health.
Yes, I also thought that her consciousness switched out again, and perhaps something went wrong during the switch, and non one else's comes into her body. Imagine two of them being in the same body at the same time, each one having control over one half of the body only. That would require a good amount of cooperation between them to get even the most mundane things done properly
The more I think of that possibility... This really has potential. It would be great if they explored this as well
Old 2012-07-25, 23:39   Link #515
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

So are there any hints about which school in Yokohama is the setting for the story? For some reason, most of the schools in slice-of-life anime tend to be located on top of a hill.
Old 2012-07-26, 06:42   Link #516
Arya

Quote:

One of the strongest lines in ep3 was when she muttered to Taichi that "everyone but you yourself is your enemy." That certainly ties in with the idea that she doesn't feel at ease with her own family, and also with her generally harsh attitude.

Good show.
A failed swap couldn't be the case because she didn't stop suddenly to speak as usually the swap does when it happens, but she lowered her voice first. My first thought was a weak health, but it could be even simply that she fainted due to the stress of the situation related to her family issues.
And the line you pointed out surely strengthens indirectly the idea that she is really worried, so stressed, about the whole thing. Surely if she has family issues and is either a sick girl and she is an ice queen ... well, too many issues for one char, aren't they? But I would be already sold to her!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 10:19   Link #517
kazzuya13

I think Inaba is just super stressed of the situation that is why she fainted.
And I think Inaba knows all of the trauma or weakness of all the characters. Like knowing Yui and Ioris' situation amongst the characters.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 11:56   Link #518
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
So are there any hints about which school in Yokohama is the setting for the story? For some reason, most of the schools in slice-of-life anime tend to be located on top of a hill.
One poster to site2 below says it is probably 横浜学園高校 Yokohama Gakuen Koukou. And a student at that school posts to say he thinks it is, too. Here is that school's website. Here's a Google map.

Here are some sites showing "sacred places" from this show: site1, site2 (more pages listed at bottom of post, before comments), site3.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-26 at 13:08.
Old 2012-07-26, 13:22   Link #519
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Heh, somehow they all look better in 2-D

I was beginning to think that the school design was just a stock design that's commonly used in anime, since the schools are almost always on a hill and there's usually a wide canal/river with grassy slopes that the characters will sit or lie down on.

For that matter, the main character usually has a window seat that is in the back half of the classroom.
Old 2012-07-26, 18:57   Link #520
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The tallest Japanese building to be completed in the 1990s, that is. The Tokyo Skytree which reached completion end of February 2012 has now more than double its height, with a whopping 634m, which makes it the "Tallest free standing tower in the world" and "Second tallest manmade structure in the world".
I knew someone would fall for my cunning trap... The Sky Tree is not a building, it's a skeletal tower with a couple of observation decks two-thirds of the way up like its Gojira-ridden ancestor, the 330-metre Tokyo Tower and a few other towers in Japan and elsewhere. The Yokohama Landmark "Tower" is a building with occupied floors running from ground almost to the roof level; the top twenty-five stories or so are a hotel which I've been in, the rest are offices as I recall.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life