AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-10-04, 17:25   Link #4041
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Looking forward to Kubo's explanation as to how their Bankai's will be stronger when they get them back.
Old 2013-10-04, 19:20   Link #4042
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
they will be fine. and the chances are good that when they get their bankais back, they will somehow be even more powerful than ever and able to kill the shitritters
Honestly I don't care if the captains dominate or get ROFLstomped because I don't care at all about these villains. We've had zero investment into them to love or hate them. At this point they're about as meaningful of a villain as standing in front of a moving train. So if the captains dominate, it all ends up being pointless. If the villains win, we've got characters with no investment replace characters that had investment. Unless KT develops these new characters, its a no win situation.
Old 2013-10-04, 22:50   Link #4043
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Unless KT develops these new characters, its a no win situation.
Kubo will likely develop most of these new villains at the same time he's decided to develop most villains in the past--when they're about to lose/die. I can't speak for everyone, but when the character development occurs that late into the game, I often times find that I could hardly care less about the development they do get.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 23:54   Link #4044
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Kubo will likely develop most of these new villains at the same time he's decided to develop most villains in the past--when they're about to lose/die. I can't speak for everyone, but when the character development occurs that late into the game, I often times find that I could hardly care less about the development they do get.
exactly. i.e. he did really well with grimmjow. we got a lot of action and character development for a long time and then when he was about to die we saw his progression through hollow forms and how he was 'supposed' to be the new king. it was a pretty perfect character arc imho.

but with stark it was the opposite. here's this guy who's even better, he was lonely before aizen, then he died. end of story. barely existent character arc. same for hallibel and barragan. there's no breathing room and time to digest them as readers

and that's what it looks like we will get from these shitritters only they're even less interesting than the top 3 espada. here's mohawk shitritter. he's 'badass'. now he's about to die. btw he's a transvestite. the end
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 00:55   Link #4045
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
btw he's a transvestite. the end
Best twist ever.
Old 2013-10-05, 03:41   Link #4046
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Looking forward to Kubo's explanation as to how their Bankai's will be stronger when they get them back.
Same reason why Saiyans grow stronger after each near death experience of course
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 07:26   Link #4047
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

hmm...if Kubo collab'd with Oda to do character progression for him <.<
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 08:33   Link #4048
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

soi fon must be tormented so badly she can't fight like a shinigami anymore
Old 2013-10-05, 13:29   Link #4049
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
hmm...if Kubo collab'd with Oda to do character progression for him <.<
one can only dream. that would make the ultimate manga. the artwork and badassery of kubo plus the story and character development of oda. jeez. easy 10/10 right there
Old 2013-10-05, 18:30   Link #4050
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I think Soi Fong will actually experience a fate worse than death... well for her anyway. That will be being saved by Urahara Kisuke. I highly doubt they will die, well maybe one of them will die to show what happens when one of them kills the person they stole a bankai from, but I doubt it. I don't believe that crap when they say some ones reiatsu has disappeared. I wont believe it till I see the corpse at least... then maybe not, we saw Aizens corpse after all. Peoples reiatsu have been disappearing right and left giving the impression they died without showing the corpse since the end of the SS arc and they keep getting back up. So my guess is neither of them have died and to make up for the power gap that was originally there, the "training" they did to perfect their skills is going to pay off by complimenting their bankai and making it an even fight. However, when the big guns come they will only be able to be saved by ichigo....
Well, one or both might die, but I wager that neither will, at least until Yoruichi shows back up (Soi Fong) or Hitsu gets his Bankai back. They teased Matsumoto potentially getting a Bankai, and now that she has a combo move with Shiro (lol Kubo physics) and there's a chance he'll get his Bankai back, we pretty much have to see their made-up-on-the-fly Bankai combo attack now. And Soi Fong really needs resolution with Yoruichi, even if it's on her deathbed.

Quote:
one can only dream. that would make the ultimate manga. the artwork and badassery of kubo plus the story and character development of oda. jeez. easy 10/10 right there
We could do without some of Kubo's artwork. Sometimes I have no idea what I'm looking at with him... I know what you mean, though.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 04:04   Link #4051
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Easy, even I can come up with a plausible explanation - captains that had their bankais stolen have been developing shikais and other powers that whole time, improving the "energy-efficiency" of their abilities, improving their non-zanpakuto related skills, learning how to fight while not having an access to bankai.

Not sure if that would help Soi Fon's bankai much due to way too different nature of it, but, for example, Hitsugaya's bankai will receive a huge buff with the new "cost-efficient" techniques he developed.

Although, if Soi Fon also learned to better control her reiatsu/increased her reiatsu while mastering shunkou, it will have a direct impact on everything she does. After all, zanpakuto's "power level" is directly tied to the "power level" of it's user.

Last edited by Knjaz; 2013-10-06 at 08:18.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 03:15   Link #4052
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Easy, even I can come up with a plausible explanation - captains that had their bankais stolen have been developing shikais and other powers that whole time, improving the "energy-efficiency" of their abilities, improving their non-zanpakuto related skills, learning how to fight while not having an access to bankai.

Not sure if that would help Soi Fon's bankai much due to way too different nature of it, but, for example, Hitsugaya's bankai will receive a huge buff with the new "cost-efficient" techniques he developed.

Although, if Soi Fon also learned to better control her reiatsu/increased her reiatsu while mastering shunkou, it will have a direct impact on everything she does. After all, zanpakuto's "power level" is directly tied to the "power level" of it's user.
That's actually not a bad idea and wouldn't criticize Kubo for using that one.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 09:56   Link #4053
itachi-san314

^it's not horrible, but it is pretty predictable. also it makes the captains seem that much more idiotic. how much time have they spent training their shikais just now? i dont know exactly but it's not long. and in 100s of years, they never thought to do that for a little while to see great improvement in their power? they just kept training and doing the same thing over and over? they're idiots
Old 2013-10-07, 10:20   Link #4054
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
^it's not horrible, but it is pretty predictable. also it makes the captains seem that much more idiotic. how much time have they spent training their shikais just now? i dont know exactly but it's not long. and in 100s of years, they never thought to do that for a little while to see great improvement in their power? they just kept training and doing the same thing over and over? they're idiots
Not surprising they didn't train to be more efficient/effective. Thus far everything we've seen indicates that the whole organisation has a tendency to compete in terms of size of reitsu. The evolution of normal sword to Shikai to Bankai is essentially gun -> big gun ->bigger gun. That's what they have always been thinking and aiming for.

The Captain Commander who holds the biggest gun and is "invincible" doesn't help either.

Think of it as a cultural blindspot or a fixed mindset.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 11:40   Link #4055
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
You'd think they'd be seriously more organized after Aizen.

But like I've said, they apparently didn't learn a damn thing after Aizen and even after losing most of their organization the first time around...

Since Kubo likes to do something on a certain number, we had Hitsu's trolldeath(for now anyway) in 550 so I'm guessing Ichigo comes back maybe 555?
Old 2013-10-07, 13:30   Link #4056
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Better than "Our bankai absorbed the Quincy's reiatsu while stuck in the medallion!"
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:30   Link #4057
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
That might actually be a plot point that Kubo's going for. Before this Quincy invasion, what's the worst thing that happened to the Gotei 13? An Arrancar invasion led by a rogue Captain that not only completely owned the rest of his former "peers" using only his Shikai, but thanks to said Shikai, is questionable as to even having a Bankai.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 15:36   Link #4058
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Better than "Our bankai absorbed the Quincy's reiatsu while stuck in the medallion!"
You know this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gonna happen...
Old 2013-10-08, 02:53   Link #4059
zamas

So 552 is out. And I can't stay silent anymore.

So hollow are poison to quincy huh... So we're gonna make it so that the bankai hollofy for a few second so that it became poison for the Quincy. That was too easy even for Bleach.
So now the captains will get their bankai back. Bankai that were useless just a week ago. And the're gonna kick the Quincy ass. Really ? And what prevent the quincy to steal them again ? I don't think Urahara has unlimited supplies of magic candy...
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 03:06   Link #4060
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamas View Post
So 552 is out. And I can't stay silent anymore.

So hollow are poison to quincy huh... So we're gonna make it so that the bankai hollofy for a few second so that it became poison for the Quincy. That was too easy even for Bleach.
So now the captains will get their bankai back. Bankai that were useless just a week ago. And the're gonna kick the Quincy ass. Really ? And what prevent the quincy to steal them again ? I don't think Urahara has unlimited supplies of magic candy...
But what if what Urahara did with his pills is to allow the captain's existing reiatsu to be mixed together with a tiny bit of hollow's reiatsu? That way their bankai, once taken back, can never be stolen by the Quincy again. And I'm starting to get why Ichigo may be the only hope they got. He has a more than just a bit of hollow in him!

Tags
bleach, chapter