AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-14, 11:12   Link #21
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321
whats MFI? >_<
"MFI" is our abbreviation/acronym for Media Factory Inc. You can read up a little bit about AnimeSuki's relationship with MFI here:

+ Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

It’s a quick read and one everybody here should check out. Cheers.
Old 2006-07-15, 00:13   Link #22
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
My personal opinion is that, however, the EXPOSURE of some shows
that would never be seen in the United States is largely due to the
fansub community. I'm not saying it's right but it's a complicated issue.
This whole copyright issue should be treated as a grey area, not a black and white "it's wrong don't do it" sort of thing.

Take for instance shows that haven't been shown on Japanese TV in decades, what's the harm in getting them out there on the internet?

Or old PC games that were made by companies that ceased to exist years ago. What's wrong in distributing them?

If something can still make a significant profit for its author, then it should not be stolen. In the case of fansubs, we're not denying profit to its author because we don't have the capacity to view these shows to begin with (since we don't get Japanese TV stations). However if a Japanese person were to find the fansubs, it would be a problem since they are denying the advertising revenue found from watching a show on TV. There isn't any way around it though.

I would just say that we should just keep doing it, because who cares. Ultimately companies still make money. And the exposure from fansubs sometimes actually helps a series sell more than it would without prior exposure.
Old 2006-07-15, 00:44   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
This whole copyright issue should be treated as a grey area, not a black and white "it's wrong don't do it" sort of thing.
While it certainly is gray from a moral standpoint, it is black and white from a legal standpoint. The law does not admit the existence of anything partaking of aspects of being both legal and illegal. Under the law something is either Black or White. That's why it is the Law.

Obviously we believe in the grayness of the morality because we continue to support fansubs, but we are under no illusions about their legal standing. Fortunately we do not expect that law to ever be enforced as long as we draw the line at licensed anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-15, 03:20   Link #24
haiz123321
Obey me world!

yeah in the law only black and white stuff talks other things are just invalid lol
Old 2006-07-16, 01:24   Link #25
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
While it certainly is gray from a moral standpoint, it is black and white from a legal standpoint. The law does not admit the existence of anything partaking of aspects of being both legal and illegal. Under the law something is either Black or White. That's why it is the Law.

Obviously we believe in the grayness of the morality because we continue to support fansubs, but we are under no illusions about their legal standing. Fortunately we do not expect that law to ever be enforced as long as we draw the line at licensed anime.
I don't disagree that it is against the law, however I take issue with people saying that fansubs are "not right". Just because something like this is against the law doesn't mean there's something wrong about it.
Old 2006-08-05, 13:51   Link #26
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
OH GOD YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime News Network
Funimation Acquires School Rumble (2006-08-05 13:51:45)
At their 2006 Otakon panel, Funimation announced their license of the comedy series School Rumble. The company announced both the first and second seasons of the show, as well as the OVA; the series will begin releasing in 2007.
Source here.
Old 2006-08-05, 16:10   Link #27
Veni-vidi-vici

awww... *fruitcage*
Great, now we're going to have to wait forever until the commercail DVD's catch-up.
Old 2006-08-05, 18:23   Link #28
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Since a lot of these posts look to have been made before the news was announced, to clarify: School Rumble is lisenced by Funi, and the license does cover both the first and second season and the two-part OVA released last Christmas.

Good license. I've been half expecting this since the manga got licensed, and was actually surprised it took this long. Also surprised they managed to get the second season. Whether I'll buy it or not is very up in the air. After falling in love with the first season the way I did, I would have almost certainly bought it, but I've been so disappointed by what I've seen of the second season so far that I'm getting cold feet. I guess, like a few of my other purchases in the past, it'll be a spontaneous decision.
Old 2006-08-05, 19:41   Link #29
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I wonder what are they going to do with all the language-related things (for example, when tenma tries to write "suki") and other Japanese related stuff, like History.
Old 2006-08-06, 05:23   Link #30
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The usual challenge for when Japanese puns are translated into English. These are the types of dubs that are toughest to pull off, since there are so many overtly Japanese elements in it, so I have very low expectations for the dub. To respond to your ponderings, I guess it's just a case of wait and see.
Old 2006-08-06, 05:39   Link #31
dangitsdon
Yakumo's Pick

Send a message via AIM to dangitsdon
FUNimation better have a voice actress as energetic as tenma,
laid back like akira, sweet like eri, cool like mikoto, and of course...they better not mess up YAKUMO!
for the others...hanai, harima.....i just hope they match everyone well.

oh god i really hope they dont mess SR up.
i think FUNimation did a good job with negima dub though (many people will not agree with me on that).. i mean cmon...he's british.
Old 2006-08-06, 09:11   Link #32
Theundyingmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
OH GOD YES!!!

Source here.

OH GOD NO!!!!!

Not my beloved School Rumble in English. I see a diaster coming.
Old 2006-08-06, 09:22   Link #33
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangitsdon
FUNimation better have a voice actress as energetic as tenma,
laid back like akira, sweet like eri, cool like mikoto, and of course...they better not mess up YAKUMO!
for the others...hanai, harima.....i just hope they match everyone well.
oooh if that happened all hell is gona break loose
well at least SR got picked up by a good company...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-06, 12:54   Link #34
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Also the disposition of the segments of the episode are too irregular... SR is going to be a chalenge.
Old 2006-08-06, 13:09   Link #35
Setsuna Asuka

Not really<_<
Old 2006-08-06, 13:11   Link #36
sedukshun
kimee ~

even if it is good voicing ~ i prefer the original japanese voices anyday xD
Old 2006-08-06, 15:03   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedukshun
even if it is good voicing ~ i prefer the original japanese voices anyday xD
meh isnt that obvious a duplicate can never replace the original

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-06, 15:38   Link #38
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

yeah english VA always sound wrong in anime, i hate it >.< why do people want to see it in english while the JP version is ten times better
Old 2006-08-06, 17:44   Link #39
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
yeah english VA always sound wrong in anime, i hate it >.<
Not every english dub sounds bad.
Quote:
why do people want to see it in english while the JP version is ten times better
Reading subs usually takes away from the actions\happenings in the anime, wouldn't it be better if you can just watch and not look down the screen every 5 seconds?
Old 2006-08-06, 18:04   Link #40
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

English isn't my mother tongue so i'm used to watching and reading the transelation at the same time. Also if you have noticed, that in the english dubbing, they tend to change the dialog. Although the ideas are the same and the words are different but it just makes an anime loses it's taste.

That's what i think atleast~
Closed Thread