AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-21, 22:29   Link #1561
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

I got some questions about the graph. What was it measuring exactly? I don't think it was an overview of all anime, because shows like "Bleach", "Naruto" and "One Piece" would simply blow "Lucky Star" out of the water.

Is it only factoring Spring2007 anime?

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-21, 22:42   Link #1562
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Wow. That Rockman was a wonderful find. Here, have a cookie
Old 2007-04-21, 22:53   Link #1563
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I will not be happy until our dear Li Jianliang-chan finally comes up with something of her own. Enough parodies, let's bring on the cute girls, please!
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 23:25   Link #1564
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Umm, the point of the scene at -0:12 was...?
Exactly . But in general, it's good.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:11   Link #1565
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I got some questions about the graph. What was it measuring exactly? I don't think it was an overview of all anime, because shows like "Bleach", "Naruto" and "One Piece" would simply blow "Lucky Star" out of the water.

Is it only factoring Spring2007 anime?

Cheers.
We should also consider outlying factors such as what day and time it is aired and whether it has to compete much with other shows. Some of the other shows could be airing at the same time and thus that splits the viewership. I've never taken TV ratings as an outright accurate measure of series popularity. Also Lucky Star is airing on like 13 different stations, or something so its very likely that its going to get picked up more on the scanner than other shows. Just some thoughts to consider.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:17   Link #1566
Telliamed
sensei no pet

This series will be a failure if they can't get someone to do the Kasukabe scenes on-location.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:22   Link #1567
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
We should also consider outlying factors such as what day and time it is aired and whether it has to compete much with other shows. Some of the other shows could be airing at the same time and thus that splits the viewership. I've never taken TV ratings as an outright accurate measure of series popularity. Also Lucky Star is airing on like 13 different stations, or something so its very likely that its going to get picked up more on the scanner than other shows. Just some thoughts to consider.
Hmm, then I wonder. Would a comparison list of BT DLs (RAW and subbed) be more accurate, in your opinion?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:24   Link #1568
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
It's not a TV Rating. It's based on how many hits the phrase "Lucky Star" generated after a search at all the anime related blogs in hatena.

(それはともかく、調査方法としては各アニメに対して開始日から1週間の期間中、「キーワードを含む日記」 でどのくらい言及されているかを集計しています。)

This includes all blogs notes and discussions. And based on the charts, people are mostly discussing more about Lucky Stars than any other animes that begins airing in spring.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 00:34   Link #1569
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's not a TV Rating. It's based on how many hits the phrase "Lucky Star" generated after a search at all the anime related blogs in hatena.

(それはともかく、調査方法としては各アニメに対して開始日から1週間の期間中、「キーワードを含む日記」 でどのくらい言及されているかを集計しています。)

This includes all blogs notes and discussions. And based on the charts, people are mostly discussing more about Lucky Stars than any other animes that begins airing in spring.
Ah, well that's more logical then, due to the fan-generated hype prior to its airing.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-22, 00:40   Link #1570
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

These Youtube things are just wreaking havoc with my browsers ability to post. I normally use Opera and now I'm using IE until I can figure out a fix.

Anyway I wanted to say the thing as Skane about the hype and the blogs factoring in the "Ugh, It Sucks", "Wow its Great" and "Meh" posts. I was thinking there was no way that Lucky Star despite everything could be getting twice the amount of viewership than any other show. Plus now that I think of it, viewership is usually done in percentages, not by the number of people actually watching in real numbers.
Old 2007-04-22, 01:00   Link #1571
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmm, it may be that if people put Youtube refs inside spoiler tags ... i seem to remember Opera adds performance by not downloading hidden crap.
Maybe a request from the mods that people spoiler tag Youtube inserts?
Old 2007-04-22, 01:06   Link #1572
Skane
Anime Snark

The [youtube] tag is basically an Embed Object item. No browser should be having problems with it, unless their Flash-codecs are not up-to-date. I'm using FireFox, for the record. Opera shouldn't have any problems with it.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-22, 01:50   Link #1573
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Actually, the embeded YouTube screws up my Opera too. A few weeks ago, the video just refused to play. When I click on the vid it leads to a YouTube page saying the url is malformed. I was ok with it then, since if I really wanted to see the vid, I'll just quote the post, see the id for the vid then manually paste it in another tab.

However, recently I've discovered that the embeded YouTube vids seem to severly make my Opera unresponsive. When a page with an embeded YouTube vid loads, nothing else will respond, not even the current page with the vid. The pages on the other tabs all stop loading. Even trying to close a tab takes maybe a few minutes. In fact, I am unable to post a reply on this page using Opera, I have to use Firefox.

I'm not sure if other Opera users are experiencing this, but I'm not using the latest version (I'm using version 8.5). Maybe that's why.

p.s. I've finally manage to watch the vid on YouTube (after much cussing and restarting of Opera). It's good. I guess it was worth all the trouble.

Last edited by Riker; 2007-04-22 at 02:01.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 01:55   Link #1574
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Actually, the embeded YouTube screws up my Opera too. A few weeks ago, the video just refused to play. When I click on the vid it leads to a YouTube page saying the url is malformed. I was ok with it then, since if I really wanted to see the vid, I'll just quote the post, see the id for the vid then manually paste it in another tab.

However, recently I've discovered that the embeded YouTube vids seem to serverly make my Opera unresponsive. When a page with an embeded YouTube vid loads, nothing else will respond, not even the current page with the vid. The pages on the other tabs all stop loading. Even trying to close a tab takes maybe a few minutes. In fact, I am unable to post a reply on this page using Opera, I have to use Firefox.

I'm not sure if other Opera users are experiencing this, but I'm not using the latest version (I'm using version 8.5). Maybe that's why.
That's it. I'd been using 8.5 for the reason it doesn't require you to click on a flash program to activate functionality (which when viewing Homestar Runner is very annoying). Since its suddenly stopped allowing embedded video I decided to install a newer version. It works, but there are going to be drawbacks regarding Active X Controls. You'd best upgrade too I suppose. It should integrate with your old settings and bookmarks.

Just to Aorta.....what in gods name is up with that Zatoichi like video you posted. Are people even trying to make it fit or just making as many playovers as possible in a sorry attempt to create some sort of meme. That's even worse than the Hokuto No Ken/Hare Hare Yukai video I saw in terms of fitting in logically. The whole idea of creating a meme is to tie two indepent enteties together through a common thread of logic.

So with the Rockman one the characters do almost kind of dance and fidget in the old games when doing their movements, so that works. I like it even if I have seen somebody do the same with Hare Hare Yukai. I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say that I prefer the 8-bit rendition of the song to the actual lyrical version. This is also coming from a guy who routinely plays old video game music through his Meridian Advance. In fact just before watching that video I was listening to Sagat's theme from Super Street Fighter 2.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-22 at 02:06.
Old 2007-04-22, 03:18   Link #1575
xris
Just call me Ojisan

There is now a Lucky Star Music Videos thread, so please post your parodies (and other AMVs) for Lucky Star there.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 08:53   Link #1576
Meophist

I'm using Opera and am having no problems with the flash content. Perhaps upgrading to the latest release is a good idea, as one of the releases did fix some flash problems.

In any case, hee~, can't wait until the next episode.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 11:00   Link #1577
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I'll remove that link if I were you, can't ask or provide links for raws in this forum. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 11:43   Link #1578
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

Thus far I have only seen episode 1 and parts of episode 2. I like the opening theme song and the Lucky Channel segment at the end. Admittedly the part in between those segments was a little slow for my tastes but many of the anime I ended up liking were slow getting started.
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 13:13   Link #1579
aorta

Quote:

Just to Aorta.....what in gods name is up with that Zatoichi like video you posted. Are people even trying to make it fit or just making as many playovers as possible in a sorry attempt to create some sort of meme. That's even worse than the Hokuto No Ken/Hare Hare Yukai video I saw in terms of fitting in logically. The whole idea of creating a meme is to tie two indepent enteties together through a common thread of logic.
Well this one does kind of fit or at least they made an effort to edit it to the music. Compared to some of the other ones where they just play the song over some other opening, I thought it was ok.

Or maybe it's just crazy
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 13:33   Link #1580
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Well this one does kind of fit or at least they made an effort to edit it to the music. Compared to some of the other ones where they just play the song over some other opening, I thought it was ok.

Or maybe it's just crazy
Hmm if they did it wasn't very succesful. You should watch the Michael Jackson one. That one is good.

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen