AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-25, 07:55   Link #41
u&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Come on he was obviously Jealous when that boy and Misao was together in ep 2.
That was not jealousy. It was the normal response of any older brother seeing some dork being together with your little sister. Some punk tries to date your sister you beat him up. If he can take a few beatings without loosing interest that means he likes her and is not just out to screw her over and hurt her feelings.

While I agree with Koshiba that we're all more or less perverts Shirase is not some kind of pederast. Ok he seems to like cat-girl hentai but in my book I would consider people not liking cat-girls more perverted than people who do. I mean when you mix two cuddly, cute things - kittens and girls - how can you not like that?

But seriosly. All I've seen so far is one guy hanging out with his niece. I'ts nothing wrong with that. Can anyone come up with a situation where Shirases behaviour towards Misao is questionable?
Old 2003-11-25, 08:13   Link #42
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
But seriosly. All I've seen so far is one guy hanging out with his niece. I'ts nothing wrong with that. Can anyone come up with a situation where Shirases behaviour towards Misao is questionable?
Ep1 part 1 when Shirase tries to look up Misao's skirt. That would be called questionable behavior I say. Although he doesn't succeed in doing it the fact that he tries is uh how should I say... kinda questionable, wouldn't you say.

edit: ok ok I leave Shirase alone for now, but if he does anything to cute little Misao i'll be mighty pissed that pervert, get a real woman.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-25 at 08:27.
Old 2003-11-25, 09:01   Link #43
u&t

Quote:
Ep1 part 1 when Shirase tries to look up Misao's skirt. That would be called questionable behavior I say. Although he doesn't succeed in doing it the fact that he tries is uh how should I say... kinda questionable, wouldn't you say.
Already said this but I'll say it again. Shirase was to far away to get a look up her skirt. It was the camera doing the looking. So although Shirase isn't a pervert the creators of BPS know that we all are. Threrefore they give us a hint of the obligatory pantie-shot. It's just satire, making fun of the ecchiness you to some extent find in most anime. Thats how I see it anyway.
Old 2003-11-25, 13:37   Link #44
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I really like BPS too. I don't really mind the Shirase and Misao thing. On the contrary I find it amusing. I watched enough anime to not be disturbed by it.
My only complaint is each ep is too short.

Grifis
Old 2003-11-25, 14:36   Link #45
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
Already said this but I'll say it again. Shirase was to far away to get a look up her skirt. It was the camera doing the looking. So although Shirase isn't a pervert the creators of BPS know that we all are. Threrefore they give us a hint of the obligatory pantie-shot. It's just satire, making fun of the ecchiness you to some extent find in most anime. Thats how I see it anyway.
I know he was too far away to look up her skirt god damn it, I said he was trying to, itching ever so close. lol you must be blind not to notice what he was trying to do in ep1 sheesh. Anyways I dont want to talk about it anymore hes a pervert fine Im ok with that, but what I dont like is some old dudes checking out young elementary school girls in a anime and he seems to be doing just that.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-25 at 15:37.
Old 2003-11-26, 01:55   Link #46
Seiryuu

Shirase is a little ecchi, I will not deny that, but he's like a dog held on an unbreakable chain. He may think of some... inappropriate things from time to time, but he never does and never would act on them. Just to clear things up for myself and others, let's see if i can lay it out...
Shirase is Misao's mother's aunt's younger brother, and not even close enough to be exactly an uncle. His relation is just loose enuough that, if Misao were an adult, the Japanese culture would not start shouting "Inbreeding!" Shirase practically raised Misao since she was maybe 5 or 6. He grew close to her quick, and, as he saw her grow, saw how wonderful a person she was becoming, he fell in love(yes, he fell in love.) But Misao is still too young, so he's waiting for her, and holding everything back with all his might. He doesn't really have a major thing for little girls, he just realized he loved a girl too soon.
Misao loves Shirase, as a big brother, and just a little more. She's more open with him than anyone. Anyone else, even her mother, she barely says three words at a time. But with him, she's a chatterbox. She seems to have just the slightest crush on him. She trusts him completely, and this leads to a problem. In every 3-part ep, you sometime have a sequence like this: Shirase almost starts to lose his grip on his less appropriate feelings, but holds it back just in time. Misao notices what hes thinking, sort of, and, trusting and "liking" him as she does, happily obliges, to such ends as showing off her school swimsuit. Nothing bad, but maybe questionable. At the moment that happens, BPS's current employer appears and thinks he's committing illegal actions with a minor, but doesn't turn him in because the employer needs him.
Now, in episode 3, we meet Yunoki Yoriko, a hacker Misao's age with as much skill as BPS. She adds a dangerous third wheel into the relationships. Yori-tan(as Misao says she'll call her) is direct, and just a little manipulative. What's worse, while Misao might be on the verge of growing up, Yori-tan has fully matured mentally. That is to say, she's ecchi. And open and direct about it. She sees what's going on between Misao and BPS, and finds it entertaining. I get the feeling that, in the near future, she's going to be creating some real mischief and forcing a great deal of tension into the relationships. In the end, she will force everything out into the open, for good or bad.
Old 2003-11-26, 02:09   Link #47
Seiryuu

Thought I'd add a note here. The term "hacker" has been avoided by a few people in here, so I'll clarify the terms.
"Hacker" is a good programmer, from the term "Hacking together" some eloquent(really good) code. It is a compliment, meaning that a person is good at programming. Hackers these days refers often to those who use those skills to satisfy a curious streak in them, but they have a strict "look, don't touch" rule. They will only plant little surprises into governments, corporations, and other hackers. The gov's and co's because of a certain disdain for their attempt to hide information which hackers believe should be completely free, and other hackers as a sort of rivalry. They do not directly or intentionally harm "civilians".
"Crackers", on the other hand, are literally criminal-hackers. They use their skills not only to indulge their curious natures, but to actually profit illegally at the expense of others. These people don't have morals, but they are not, strictly speaking, hackers. Hackers typically dislike them. Comparing a cracker to a hacker is sort of like comparing a person who breaks in and steals everything to someone who breaks in to take a look at your personal decor. Also, you occasionally get a Kracker. The K basically says that they are people who use their hacking skills to help them kill people. Rare, but dangerous. So a hacker is not a criminal, and calling someone a hacker is actually a compliment. so don't get tense.
Shirase himself is a Wizard. That's a hacker who is so skilled that it's almost like magic on the computer. Don't anger a wizard. They've got stuff far worse than "I love you" or the worm. Trust me.
BTW, I've noticed that the child-romance thing is getting popular in anime. We've got Rizelmine, UFO Princess Valkyrie, and now BPS. I find it amusing like any other romance-comedy situation, but I fear that this means we will never see BPS on this side of the Pacific. Too bad.
Old 2003-11-26, 02:18   Link #48
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Shirase is a little ecchi, I will not deny that, but he's like a dog held on an unbreakable chain. He may think of some... inappropriate things from time to time, but he never does and never would act on them. Just to clear things up for myself and others, let's see if i can lay it out...
Shirase is Misao's mother's aunt's younger brother, and not even close enough to be exactly an uncle. His relation is just loose enuough that, if Misao were an adult, the Japanese culture would not start shouting "Inbreeding!" Shirase practically raised Misao since she was maybe 5 or 6. He grew close to her quick, and, as he saw her grow, saw how wonderful a person she was becoming, he fell in love(yes, he fell in love.) But Misao is still too young, so he's waiting for her, and holding everything back with all his might. He doesn't really have a major thing for little girls, he just realized he loved a girl too soon.
Misao loves Shirase, as a big brother, and just a little more. She's more open with him than anyone. Anyone else, even her mother, she barely says three words at a time. But with him, she's a chatterbox. She seems to have just the slightest crush on him. She trusts him completely, and this leads to a problem. In every 3-part ep, you sometime have a sequence like this: Shirase almost starts to lose his grip on his less appropriate feelings, but holds it back just in time. Misao notices what hes thinking, sort of, and, trusting and "liking" him as she does, happily obliges, to such ends as showing off her school swimsuit. Nothing bad, but maybe questionable. At the moment that happens, BPS's current employer appears and thinks he's committing illegal actions with a minor, but doesn't turn him in because the employer needs him.
Now, in episode 3, we meet Yunoki Yoriko, a hacker Misao's age with as much skill as BPS. She adds a dangerous third wheel into the relationships. Yori-tan(as Misao says she'll call her) is direct, and just a little manipulative. What's worse, while Misao might be on the verge of growing up, Yori-tan has fully matured mentally. That is to say, she's ecchi. And open and direct about it. She sees what's going on between Misao and BPS, and finds it entertaining. I get the feeling that, in the near future, she's going to be creating some real mischief and forcing a great deal of tension into the relationships. In the end, she will force everything out into the open, for good or bad.
Nice analysis, you made some good points there. Yoriko-chan the little super hacker is very mature like, I cant believe what she did to Shirase in ep3 part2 oh my shes gonna be a handful in upcoming eps. I can just see her messing with Shirase again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Shirase himself is a Wizard. That's a hacker who is so skilled that it's almost like magic on the computer. Don't anger a wizard. They've got stuff far worse than "I love you" or the worm. Trust me.
BTW, I've noticed that the child-romance thing is getting popular in anime. We've got Rizelmine, UFO Princess Valkyrie, and now BPS. I find it amusing like any other romance-comedy situation, but I fear that this means we will never see BPS on this side of the Pacific. Too bad.
Now thats a new one a Wizard I never heard someone refer to themselves as a Wizard before in the hacker/cracker world. Thanks for the advice I wouldnt want to get on the wrong side of a Wizard if one such exist of course :0. The child romance thing seems to be the new fad in anime romance/comedy anime I guess, which I sorta think is immoral, but it does look cute sometimes.

Last edited by Keitarou20; 2003-11-26 at 02:34.
Old 2003-11-26, 03:11   Link #49
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Seiryuu: You summed up everything great!

And Yoriko seems like a cool character. :P I like her personality so far.

Child Romance? I've never really had a problem with that in anime. Then again.. Sex, Age, race, incest, blah. None of that's really ever bothered me. I enjoy all romance just the same. I'm really wondering how the Misao/Shirase thing is gonna come about though. :P As for incest not bothering me.. We'll blame that on Angel Sanctuary. ^^;

Gahhh. Wish these episodes were longer~
Old 2003-11-26, 15:55   Link #50
axus

Oh man, the first episode really dashed my hopes, I love programming and was really looking forward to an anime with a programmer as the main character. I could deal with the stereotypes but the constant reuse of animation among other things was a letdown. But, episode 2 redeemed the series, the opening and closing animations were finally there, and they're great! The hacking scenarios have been interesting so far.

I think it's funny that the other characters think Shirase is a big pervert and then tolerate it. But he's really just a closet pervert so it's OK. Too bad Yoriko is an evil lolita type, I don't think it's cool to sexualize children like that. Hopefully the anime will use it for all the comedic value without actually being offensive. Rizelmine made me sad by crossing the line too many times and I couldn't really watch it, hope they don't do that here!

Yeah there isn't much content in each part, but since the opening and closing are good now it's OK. Can't complain about the price, either
Old 2003-12-02, 22:25   Link #51
u&t

Ok, I''ll give up.

Now after part 3 of ep 3 I'll just have to admit to the fact that Shirase and the whole show is just on big steaming pile of pervertedness

It's funny though...

No, wait I take that back. Shirase is no pervert. He's just a bit eh - emotionally complex? Yeah thats the word. Good at computers but sucky with emotions...

Crap. That doesent sound convincing at all. Makes it hard to justify liking this show as much as I do though
Old 2003-12-02, 22:45   Link #52
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

seems like someone else other then me has revived this thread once again. ep3 part 3, yet another episode full of pertverted situations. Like the one with Yoriko and Shirase doing it doggy style. Is was a misunderstanding but that was just plain nasty, anymore of these stupid non funny perverted situations i might just drop this series. the only reason im watching this is because of the hacker theme, but damn do they have to have these perverted scenes just to get ppl interested, i seriously dont think it needs it.
Old 2003-12-03, 09:30   Link #53
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
seems like someone else other then me has revived this thread once again. ep3 part 3, yet another episode full of pertverted situations. Like the one with Yoriko and Shirase doing it doggy style. Is was a misunderstanding but that was just plain nasty, anymore of these stupid non funny perverted situations i might just drop this series. the only reason im watching this is because of the hacker theme, but damn do they have to have these perverted scenes just to get ppl interested, i seriously dont think it needs it.
I actually think the ongoing gag is funny and laugh at it everytime. Then again, I'm pretty sure your not supposed to take this show too seriously.
Old 2003-12-03, 19:39   Link #54
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshiba
I actually think the ongoing gag is funny and laugh at it everytime. Then again, I'm pretty sure your not supposed to take this show too seriously.
i know your not suposed to take this show seriously but its hard not to when they do these stupid sex gags, over and over again. why cant they make an serious hacker themed anime without the child sex gags.
Old 2003-12-04, 00:58   Link #55
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Now thats a new one a Wizard I never heard someone refer to themselves as a Wizard before in the hacker/cracker world.
A true "wizard" would never refer to themselves that way - it's a title bestowed on them by others. It's also pretty old-school and maybe a bit out of favor these days, but lots of Tolkien and role playing theme show up in early hacker lingo...

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
- Gandalf"
Old 2003-12-04, 05:11   Link #56
Esca

What does "MPS" stand for? I don't remember them saying what it stands for in the show...although I could be wrong.
Old 2003-12-04, 05:32   Link #57
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esca
What does "MPS" stand for? I don't remember them saying what it stands for in the show...although I could be wrong.
If I can remember correctly his friend says it to him when there having a drink and then after that they use abbreviations.
Old 2003-12-07, 01:47   Link #58
Seiryuu

Raiden, don't be afraid of the word hack. The word does not refer to breaking through firewalls, etc. It just means to program. Hacker itself is a compliment, like "hacking together some eloquent code". I discussed this in another BPS thread. Hackers are good. Even if they break into your PC, they just look around, unless you're another hacker or some bastid capitalist corporation, then all bets are off. Gov, corporations, and other hackers are considered fair game for battle and... exercise. But a hacker will not harm a civilian. They believe in look dont touch. Sort of like a guy breaking into your house to get a good look at your family heirlooms, as if the place were a museum. Crackers are the ones that'll steal stuff, hence the cr, for criminal. The point is, don't edge around the word. Just dont start talkin about crackin.
Anyway, I was a little disturbed by Yoriko, aka Yori-tan. She is a little too ecchi for me, esp. for a roughly 11-yr-old. In one part she's quite openly trying to seduce BPS, and later, well... An incoming helicopter throws up a lot of dust. BPS instinctively protects Yoriko by covering her, but somehow the attempt ends up with the military finding BPS and Yoriko in what one thread refers to as "doggy style". Yoriko obviously complains, telling BPS: "We're in public!"
Now I'm not female, so I can't be sure, but I imagine if a girl were caught in an embarrassing position accidentally in some public area, she would say something along the lines of "What the !#$#%^&(&%6 are you doing?!!! GET OFF OF ME!!!" and would be upset because she had been caught in an embarrassing situation. If she was more polite, she might say that this looks a little weird, please get off. She would not complain about the fact that they were in a public place. I pity Shirase. He's got a girl he's in love with who's too young for him, and another girl who is practically throwing herself at him. I doubt he'll survive long.
Old 2003-12-07, 10:47   Link #59
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yup, I can bet he'll have a hard time surviving. He's exploded in the nose already thanks to Yoriko. Much more of that and the man might explode. 0_0
Old 2003-12-07, 15:07   Link #60
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

If only I can watch 3 mini eps each week. The wait in between is painfully long for me maybe because the ep is so short. The OP and ED are growing on me. I really like them wonder if they're avail for download.

Grifis
Closed Thread