Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 17:27   Link #11061
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
But now it turns out Ajimu didn't lie, Fukurou outright says that it was really Medaka that killed him (through love and zeal).
Still not certain how this is supposed to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPerson View Post
On another note, Fukurou has a habit of dying and resurrecting? Either he's just using the words flippantly or I'm betting Nisio's going to elaborate on "life" and "death" stuff later as a theme.
That was probably the first style he developed.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 17:31   Link #11062
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

One things that i found quite amusing is the body language of Fukurou, some of his stance are also used by Medeka, i wonder if that was intentional to show their relationship.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 17:56   Link #11063
zeando
maybenotimome

page 8 and 10 look almost the same, they only have minor changes in the first 3 panels
Spoiler for page8:

Spoiler for page10:

fukurou's style must be lazy edit xD
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:10   Link #11064
CrazyPerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's only supposed to work in the twisted mind of Nisio; or we wait until exposition time for the explanation.

Hell, I don't think we got an explanation of why when Kumagawa died back in his arc, he sees Ajimu and then automatically respawns within a week. He knew he'd respawn, but there's no explanation for why 1 week and not immediately like in the snake pit.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 20:40   Link #11065
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Also, interesting thing said by Shirunai there. "What the hell is wrong with my life, everything that's happening seems to be slowly turning me into a minus"
Yeah, noticed it too.

Pretty interesting, eh? She's becoming much like Naze, I would guess. What's most interesting, is that she said "everything". I guess, being Medaka's double, it was obvious she would incorporate the traits of a Minus, yet it seems that she held on to some aspects of her double persona? Certainly explains why she threw water on Joutou's face and stuff.
Old 2012-11-09, 03:28   Link #11066
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It felt like being a minus is her default personality.
Her concern on whether is she still maintaining a laugh on her face is only a concern to those who truly shares Kumagawa's philosophy.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:35   Link #11067
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
page 8 and 10 look almost the same, they only have minor changes in the first 3 panels
Spoiler for page8:

Spoiler for page10:

fukurou's style must be lazy edit xD
That's a pretty amazing find, lol. I'm pretty certain that it's just blatantly unabashed laziness but it's pretty funny nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It makes direct sense if you make some inferences based on what was said in the chapter.

Fukurou gave up on Hato due to being unable to keep up with her work ethic -> he cross-bred Medaka from Hato and Kajiki as a replacement.

Medaka's work ethic + love for others was even more extreme that Hato's -> Fukurou gave up on keeping up with Medaka as well.

Fukurou was pretending to be Medaka's "ideal man" (i.e. someone who could keep up with her ideals) in order to appeal romantically to her. On top of that he'd already won the Jet Black Wedding Feast. So in order to get out of it all when he decided that getting to marry Medaka wasn't worth all the effort, he staged his own death. Pretty straightforward.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 05:57   Link #11068
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, picked this back up again after a few month hiatus (I go in shifts with manga). Just finished the whole Jet Black Wedding arc and about half of the current arc (up until the demon-looking guy appeared).

The Wedding arc wasn't too bad. I liked seeing a more human Medaka. However, all the word play grew a bit tedious after awhile. I know it's Nishio's bread and butter, but for foreign readers, it's a bit of a nightmare. Kudos to the scanlation group for actually making it somewhat understandable for us gaijin.

Excited to see a Shiranui-based arc finally. I haven't fully caught up yet, but if Hansode was Medaka's "double" and the Shiranui family supports the Kurokami family, does that mean that Hanten is someone's double as well?
Old 2012-11-09, 06:45   Link #11069
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Excited to see a Shiranui-based arc finally. I haven't fully caught up yet, but if Hansode was Medaka's "double" and the Shiranui family supports the Kurokami family, does that mean that Hanten is someone's double as well?
You'll see soon enough. Also, beware of websites like mangareader or mangahere, they still haven't updated ch 166 with the amended version. Not that I think they'll ever will.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 10:18   Link #11070
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Finally caught up... This manga gets weirder and weirder. I'm glad Zenkichi woke up. It would have felt strange to have a Shiranui-based arc with him spending the whole thing unconscious. Their friendship was a huge deal earlier on and it wouldn't have been the same without him there.
Old 2012-11-09, 11:09   Link #11071
Wolfenstein

I hope that the fact that Doctor Tsurubami's character is a sort of reflection of Zenkichi's character if he gave-up on always catching-up to Medaka isn't just a wacky coincidence. Much like Mister Noobita, I hope that he learns something from this whole ordeal. Grows in character. Since in that aspect, it's true - Tsurubami is much more human than him.

And, in the end, would probably become much happier. A life-time of catching-up coupled with mistreatment sounds infernal to a normal guy, to be honest.

Even if you have been doing it for several years now.
Old 2012-11-09, 11:15   Link #11072
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
I hope that the fact that Doctor Tsurubami's character is a sort of reflection of Zenkichi's character if he gave-up on always catching-up to Medaka isn't just a wacky coincidence. Much like Mister Noobita, I hope that he learns something from this whole ordeal. Grows in character. Since in that aspect, it's true - Tsurubami is much more human than him.

And, in the end, would probably become much happier. A life-time of catching-up coupled with mistreatment sounds infernal to a normal guy, to be honest.

Nah...Noobita just has irrational hatred for Zen...he rather have him dead than learning a lesson.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 11:23   Link #11073
kenjtr

I wonder if medaka is the one trying to catch up to zenkichi since before the election medaka was trying to keep up with zenkichis standarts but then zenkichi noticed he doesnt like the way medaka does things he just endure it because of love and cut off medaka . The medaka zenkichi liked was the one who lived with zenkichis ideals but what if medaka decides that she doesnt care much about humanity and she will just lead kurokami group and leave a peaceful life ? I think zenkichi is like kurokamis mother , yes medaka looked like her in the past but that was all because of zenkichi and he is the workolic one who sweats 6 liters a day . Zenkichi could have go with a normal medaka after the election but her choose this one , i think its medaka who is trying to cope up with zenkichis standards but since she is an abnormal she looks more extreme then zenkichi . Maybe medaka will be future Dr. tsurubai not zenkichi .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 11:44   Link #11074
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
YoAlso, beware of websites like mangareader or mangahere, they still haven't updated ch 166 with the amended version.
Does Batoto have the amended version? That's the site I mostly use.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 12:16   Link #11075
DawnEmperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
So, picked this back up again after a few month hiatus (I go in shifts with manga). Just finished the whole Jet Black Wedding arc and about half of the current arc (up until the demon-looking guy appeared).

The Wedding arc wasn't too bad. I liked seeing a more human Medaka. However, all the word play grew a bit tedious after awhile. I know it's Nishio's bread and butter, but for foreign readers, it's a bit of a nightmare. Kudos to the scanlation group for actually making it somewhat understandable for us gaijin.

Kinda feel similarly about the wordplay. Not enough to make me drop the manga, but it is something which takes time to penetrate the language barrier. So thanks Redkey and Kurosu.

I know he had an arc focusing on why he follows Medaka, but I still feel they haven't analyzed Zenkichi's character enough.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-11-09 at 12:31.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 13:23   Link #11076
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I just read 170: SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I want to smack him!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 13:35   Link #11077
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I just read 170: SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I want to smack him!
funny, i want to shake his hand
Old 2012-11-09, 13:59   Link #11078
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
I know he had an arc focusing on why he follows Medaka, but I still feel they haven't analyzed Zenkichi's character enough.
Well, I guess if Medaka is an exaggeration of the main character then Zenikichi is the exaggeration of the love interest and lancer. Why does Zenikichi want to be with Medaka? Because she is the main character and that is the explanation we are given for their relationship. Any sane person would realize that their relationship would never workout or makes any sort of sense although love isn't something that makes sense, Zenikichi still follows Medaka around like a dog and Medaka doesn't seem to notice that Zenikichi loves him in a romantic manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post

Tsurubami and Zenikichi have this in common, they are more like minions to their respective women and their women seem to behave like overlords. It also highlights somehting seriously wrong with Zenikichi, there is no way for anyone to catch up to Medaka. Medaka is in a league of her own and she is well on her way to becoming a god or something close to it. Zenikichi and Medaka was never really a relationship of trust or mutual respect, it seemed to me more like a master/servant relationship but I hope Zenikichi learns somethng from it and realize that he needs to repsect himself and not to take that abuse from Medaka.
Old 2012-11-11, 05:50   Link #11079
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I decided on a whim to try and translate the brief opening Anshin'in-san speech in Good Loser Kumagawa for those who are interested. Please, don't take this as a sign I'll be translating the entire novel - I haven't got enough time because of college/real life stuff, translating weekly chapters is hard enough for me at the moment, and it's Nisio writing, so i'm not even sure I wouldn't give up halfway

Spoiler for Good Loser Kumagawa:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 06:20   Link #11080
Meltyred

Wow....
I can't tell if she likes him, or is teasing him, or is just trying to be tsun.
But then knowing her character, probably trolling.
Seems like a good read.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council