AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-21, 06:18   Link #501
blewin

Is this anime any good? I've watched 5 episodes so far and it still seems confusing. Keita truly sucks as a man. Observant but likes to push his problems on Kuro and take it out on her. Kuro's background's pretty vague, and she just gets beat up in every single episode. I can't help but get this game vibe when she fights, which puts me off (and when they perform the sychro thing, why do they have to make that signature move like pokemon and sailormoon??)

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 19:06   Link #502
Manic
real men love pink

to be honest i would drop it now, it wasnt that good of a show.
Old 2009-06-23, 09:34   Link #503
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I stuck with the damn show all the way since first airing, heck I stuck with it even when I was forced to alternate sub groups along the way, only to be given this horribly cruel ending for episode 22. Granted other series had cruel endings to, but this is almost borderline ridiculous and almost sad. It's further compunded by the spoilers I decided to read here on episode 23.

That said, I'll live in denial and believe episode 22 is the end because I refuse to accept episode 23. A real damn shame, the anime was good the first half but went downhill quickly after.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 12:03   Link #504
maverick007

::rolls eyes:: Didn't like the ending, they could've made a happier ending and not shove in the flash back crap.

Here's hoping the Manwha (since it's Korean) would have a better ending.
maverick007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 18:48   Link #505
kaosmos

actually it's listed as a manga on anime news network ( and others)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=9861

changing subject,anybody heard of an ost?

(while the music isn't breathtaking, i've still got some favorite...)
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 01:52   Link #506
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I thought this anime would have 26 episodes.....13 episodes first season and 13 second season. What a Lame ending
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 11:59   Link #507
maverick007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
actually it's listed as a manga on anime news network ( and others)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ga.php?id=9861
Yeah, you are right, the situation is quite weird with this one.

The guys who wrote it are Korean, and the original script is in Korean, but then is translated into Japanese before putting into publication.

(Usually I base my decisions on which is which based on the writers, but even that line has been blurred.)
maverick007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:56   Link #508
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Still so much hate for Akane I read...geez guys, how much more must she reveal before it is clear that she made a big sacrifice herself here...well I liked the ending pair with Keita and Akane even if the anime didn't make that as obvious as the manga does.

While the series could have ended on ep 22 easily with an open ended finale, I am surprised that it didn't and instead had one which gave Keita a solid end. The recap was nothing more than to see the bigger picture of things and in particular, Akane's reason for completely changing after she met Reishin...she held onto her strong resolve until the end (which was something I knew all along but was debated back and forth >.>).

Although Kuro didn't really have to disappear like that unless be sealing herself, she was able to stop the system without dying or letting Keita die (which was the reason why she didn't simply just commit suicide and also why Akane thanks her so much).

The final with Keita dying of old age just completed the picture and was surprisingly pleasant.

And thus ends a shaky ride with this series...overall I probably give it a 6/10 for effort and that is only because things were exciting after the first half where it actually TRIED to stick to the manga but failed. I'm surprised that the anime original section of the series appealed to me so much. Ah well

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 18:27   Link #509
Manic
real men love pink

dont care about the pairing, just didnt like how they settled things with kuro. Also i dont really care about akanes reasons she just acted like an evil bitch for those 2 eps. I dunno i just found it really, really stupid why she or reishin couldnt have explained things before pretending to kill kuro/keita.

Eh well each to their own, but i certainly wouldn't watch it again or recommend it to anyone.
Old 2009-06-25, 18:44   Link #510
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I dunno i just found it really, really stupid why she or reishin couldnt have explained things before pretending to kill kuro/keita.

Eh well each to their own, but i certainly wouldn't watch it again or recommend it to anyone.
Pretending? HAHA
Well from his perspective he did kill them, it was just that they proved to be more than cockroaches that just wouldn't die.

And neither would I be watching this again. Wasting all my time the first time round was more than enough.

But seriously, it isn't the fact that Akane was being out of character or anything, it is just you who refuse to see her side of the story (shocking thing is, instead of leaving it as a plot hole, they actually explained thing very well here). Well I have nothing against being bias if it is clearly spelt out

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 20:08   Link #511
Manic
real men love pink

Quote:
Pretending? HAHA
Well from his perspective he did kill them, it was just that they proved to be more than cockroaches that just wouldn't die.
dunno what the subs said, but in the dub it was stated rieshin held back in the fight and used just enough tera to knock her out for the time being.

Tho going by what you that makes akane even worse, what's the point in helping reishin when you have to lie and hide things from the person you love and almost/trying to kill him in the process. Also how could you even marry a person like that who almost killed you.

I am not biased and i havent even watched the last ep for her side. Regardless i thought it was really fuckin stupid
Old 2009-06-26, 21:50   Link #512
Rawr:3
Kabang. ★

Send a message via AIM to Rawr:3
Still watching this anime, and I have to say I'm not at the very least impressed. The plot is decent, very decent, but they couldn't pull it off with a better explaination of it. = =

It needs much more action and less whiney Keita.
Rawr:3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 00:13   Link #513
Chase

Spoiler for series:
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 07:14   Link #514
SailorMoon4ever

I loved the series and was very saddened when watching the ending credits of 23.
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 19:30   Link #515
kamikazex

i thought the series was still pretty awesome and enjoyable. ending was alright though kind've unexpected but still good. happy it worked out for akane in the end since she deserved it. he lived a full good life which is a good end in my book
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 01:04   Link #516
molitar

The series went completely downhill near the end.. It sucked.. Let's see he killed his mother to save his sister... than near the end instead of explaining anything he was all out and trying to kill his sister! Akane is suppose to be in love with Keita but was right along trying to kill him she had to know killing her would kill him! And than such a crappy ending.. If she was one of them that created the curse and the only one left she should of had the power to break the curse.. Totally stupid ending.. Crappy ending.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 03:08   Link #517
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Glad I didn't get to see it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 13:22   Link #518
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Weird.

Am I the only one here who's going to give a 7 or 8/10?

Things I dislike:

1) Keita started out as a really, really weak male protagonist.

Half of the time when Kuro was getting beaten up and down by the enemies, he stood idle doing nothing to save her at all. It's only at the very brink of the moment when Kuro is seriously on the very verge of death that he finally took the courage to launch an attack.

2) The animation is awesome, especially towards the end. However, things started to re-occur over and over again.. Yes, hand-to-hand combat is pretty awesome in its way, but, the Mega Exe/Giga Exe and Keita x Kuro's synchronisation gets too repetitive, and it's seriously a big turn-off. There's a lack of variety in skills that the characters are able to execute, with Exceed being the sole, only attack.. which makes Reinshin's Lion's Roar looking great at start, and pretty bad afterwards.

Things I like:

1) Unpredictable ending.

It's been a long time I've seen an anime where the ending doesn't seem to end at all. I believe it's a hit or miss, but I love extraordinary endings because it gives off a different kind of vibe. Episode 21 can be an ending itself, Episode 22 can also be regarded as an ending too, and Episode 23 is not a re-cap, but rather a viewpoint from Kuro in this series, rather than basing off from Keita which the series has been doing all along. Towards the last few minutes of Episode 23, that's another alternative ending that could be considered and everything pieces up nicely.

2) The doppeliner is a pretty cool system to get the series going. I was pretty fascinated by the concept, I actually thought, "oh wow, is this how the world operates?" for a moment, until they mention about luck and how it affects the Root and substitute, which kind of destroyed the sense of realism. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but doppeliner is really a great kick-start.

Reishin made the most sacrifices throughout the whole series.

From the most vicious villain to your dear-brother-that-does-everything-just-to-make-you-live, I find it touching.. but they should have allow more screentime for Kuro is express her gratitude. It just doesn't feel right when he's killed even his own mother, his tribe to save his sister, but Kuro has no chance to have a decent conversation with her brother at all. I find it depressing.

I would be going for a 7 or 8/10 though, but the rating will increase or decrease depending on my evaluation of the series over-time.
Old 2009-07-07, 21:20   Link #519
blewin

I agree with everything that Phantasmagoria's said. (yeah, ended up watching it)
Found myself wishing the characters would fight with a weapon about less than halfway through the anime. Hand to hand combat was getting very boring.

Also don't like some loopholes in the series. If the curse can be lifted by isolating (sealing off) Kuro in the holy land, then why not do it in the first place? They didn't have to kill off the reincarnation every time it is born, just shut it off in the land - and I assume that the tribe lives in the holy land in isolation anyway. Unless I got this all wrong...

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 00:29   Link #520
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

I don't know why alot of people are complaing about the ending/story. I find make perfect sense and was kinda predicting the whole thing from the first few eps, you could say it was generic - i.e. loved one sinned for the greater good, while the character knows nothing of it for their own good(code geass anyone?)

Lets say for argument sake that akane and rishen did tell them what was going on. Do you think that they would let them be sealed off freely? What if she could not stop from going beserk?? Which makes their action from that point on very unpredictable. It was a risk they could not take.

Quote:
Also don't like some loopholes in the series. If the curse can be lifted by isolating (sealing off) Kuro in the holy land, then why not do it in the first place? They didn't have to kill off the reincarnation every time it is born, just shut it off in the land - and I assume that the tribe lives in the holy land in isolation anyway. Unless I got this all wrong...
I think she is sealed in the ROOM, not the island. Also, the elder's goal is not to seal the curse but to kill the reincarnation, which could lead to the final battle.

You could say that the curse was able to give us a definite ending. Otherwise, I would find it hard to imagine him picking either one of the girls without hurting the other. Sure I feel bad for Kuro that she sealed herself for 50-60yrs but their timespan /growth seem like its 10-20x slower.

All in all, decent series 8.5/10. Some great fights, along with good matching music. Coulda done better without the kuro beat down every ep. Also, maybe develop keita relationship a little more with akane, because he never really showed any implicit nor explicit interest in her during the series.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, seinen, sunrise