AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-21, 18:59   Link #41
Bloodseeker

Ugh @ this thread.

GTO's easily in my top three favorite anime, and the dub's great. Steven Blum's voice was practically made to play Onizuka. Definitely worth a buy.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 20:18   Link #42
awesom-o-4000

GTO is definitely worth buying, its hilareous! and definitely one of my facourites
awesom-o-4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:23   Link #43
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2lazy2die View Post
this series was really good but i kinda not like the ending... -.- wtf so is he starting all over again?
Yeah the ending was an anticlimax you would expect Oni to hook up with Fuyutsuki but it isnt so in the anime . That was quite a bummmer but that pretty much dissapears s you cant get over the final ed of GTO
Old 2007-03-25, 00:46   Link #44
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, you can try reading the manga because it ends differently there. Moreover the anime misses some stuff from the manga, and certain events play out differently in the anime. But for what's it worth, the anime is a good purchase, and you really can't go wrong with GTO. If I'm not mistaken, the manga author actually once tried to imagine --

Spoiler for ending of anime:

I guess he found the idea amusing enough to actually use it for the anime.

However, just like the anime, the manga --

Spoiler:

Last edited by kujoe; 2007-03-25 at 00:56.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 06:35   Link #45
animeffs13240
V for Victory

I easily put GTO on my list of favorite animes. I really enjoy the series: It was funny, had romance, even had some action in it. Perfect combos of genre's. I especially love Urumi Kanzaki and her "classroom terrorism" I borrowed the series from my friend but I only bought the 4th disc because I enjoyed the Urumi Kanzaki arc.

*Update* Since tokyopop released a 1st and 2nd Semester (seasons) box set that aren't rare and are easy to find (and they are only 40 bucks each at bestbuy) Each boxset comes with 5 disc completing the series (the disc are just like if you were buying them separatly). Anyways, the series is one of my favorite animes. Nothing is changed about my favorite character, it is still Kanzaki, and she has a bigger role in the second season. It is hard for me to tell which part of the series is my favorite
Spoiler for events in the second season:

thank you for your time

Last edited by animeffs13240; 2007-11-09 at 03:31. Reason: I finally saw the whole anime series, so i can give a better explanation.
animeffs13240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 14:17   Link #46
FireChick

My best friend LOVES GTO and her dad is going to dress up as Eikichi Onizuka at the Anime Convention that we're going too. She watches it on Anime Selects on demand.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 03:57   Link #47
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
I saw it for the first time a little while ago and almost finished the anime, it's a favorite of mine and incredibly funny, I love it!
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 04:44   Link #48
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yeah the ending was an anticlimax you would expect Oni to hook up with Fuyutsuki but it isnt so in the anime . That was quite a bummmer but that pretty much dissapears s you cant get over the final ed of GTO
Depends on what genre you follow, personally I put it as no hookup for anime, kanzaki for manga and fuyutsuki for the live action. All 3 are really enjoyable, even my house mate at the time who hated anime watch the whole series of GTO in a few sittings.
Old 2007-08-09, 15:46   Link #49
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

One of the best animes ever. FACT. The ending seemed premature and thats because it actually is. Onizuka is perhaps the coolest ever person and the anime has a 90's feel about it for some reason, which perhaps its meant to because he seems like he grew up in the 80's. People complain about the animation but its still at a decent enough quality and the openings are amazing quality, never seen such a cool, artistic feeling opening. Forgot the names but the dork who ends up with that girl bullying him, I iwsh more time was spent with them two at the end. I am deffo going to get all the manga and prequel.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 15:51   Link #50
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
One of the best animes ever. FACT. The ending seemed premature and thats because it actually is. Onizuka is perhaps the coolest ever person and the anime has a 90's feel about it for some reason, which perhaps its meant to because he seems like he grew up in the 80's. People complain about the animation but its still at a decent enough quality and the openings are amazing quality, never seen such a cool, artistic feeling opening. Forgot the names but the dork who ends up with that girl bullying him, I iwsh more time was spent with them two at the end. I am deffo going to get all the manga and prequel.
Same with me and I wish something would of happened with Onizuka and Fuyutsuki.

Just wish there was so much more, I love it!
Old 2007-08-10, 11:39   Link #51
MrGranger

GTO is great, the only negative is that it's WAY too short. I got the Live action DVD just to get another dose. Wasn't too bad. But this series deserves a sequel.
MrGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-10, 18:16   Link #52
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

I've been reading thmanga so I can see the whole story, it's not fair, the rest needs to be animated!
Old 2007-08-11, 14:42   Link #53
Echoes

Yeah, they definitely need to start working on a second season of GTO. I haven't really read all that much of the manga, but from what I hear, it's worth animating.
Old 2007-08-12, 01:04   Link #54
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

yeah after the anime ends the rest of it is even better than the first part, just finished the manga and the ending was great, it had it all ^_^
Old 2007-09-25, 07:42   Link #55
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

Great Anime

I first saw some eps of GTO years ago when it was on SciFi channel in the UK, when they stoped showing them ( was on friday midnight to 3 or 4 am i think ) i was pissed cuz i saw alot of good anime which included GTO, also ninja scroll, macross, akira and alot more.
I have recently started getting ahold of all the old anime i can remember ( which is hard since it was so long ago lol ) but i remembered this series easy since it was one of the funniets i had seen.

I defenatly recommend it, as for the animimation quality... since i watched the anime on Scifi years ago it doesnt bother me and i think its fine. As for the english dub ..tbh i dont no, i always watch the anime in japanese with english sub, sounds much better.

Im still watching it atm i have never seen the whole series since scifi only showed about 5 eps of any series befor changing ..kinda dumb really but still.

Iv read what u'v all said about the ending and tbh even though i havnt seen it myself yet, that kinda ending is fine to me, the endings i hate is when main characters die or its so confusing your head explodes ( points at Divergence Eve & Misaki Chronicals )

anyway yea ..great anime
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 14:48   Link #56
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

HI back again

Since my last post iv watched GTO and some other series and iv been trying to find them to buy from Play.com ...
Iv noticed that theres 'GTO 2nd Semester' coming out end of this month .. please tell me its a sequal ? iv got all 43 eps dl'd atm as was ready to order them of Play.com when i saw this.. just seeing this new 2nd Semester ready for release has given me hopes that its a sequal ..any of you heared anything about it ? or is it simply a re-realease of GTO ?

Persoanly since there are 10 vol's of GTO on play.com which i think contain all 43 eps ( 4 eps per vol roughly ) this must be a sequal ..in which case i cant wait ..its 5 discs total running time of 625 minutes which is around 20-25 eps so im guesing its basicaly a OVA sequal not much more info on it at play.com atm so cant tell whats actually on the disks .. but looks promising

If anyone has any solid info on this let us know ..im sure everyone would love to see a sequal to GTO...
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 15:09   Link #57
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

In all honesty the 2nd the part of GTO manga wasn't that good. And some of the students stories was done too fast. The only good part was how the Miyabi ending was handled and the Anime already covered that. You can't go back and say the final few eps never happened.

Spoiler for manga:
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 13:08   Link #58
Gaara133
You damn midget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Ugh @ this thread.

GTO's easily in my top three favorite anime, and the dub's great. Steven Blum's voice was practically made to play Onizuka. Definitely worth a buy.

Yes I completely agree to this, GTO has me watching it OVER AND OVER, along with Marmalade Boy and His and Her Circumstances
Gaara133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 01:51   Link #59
animeffs13240
V for Victory

does any one know

does anyone knows where the anime stopped in the manga so i can continue the adventures of onizuka??
Old 2007-11-11, 07:35   Link #60
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
does anyone knows where the anime stopped in the manga so i can continue the adventures of onizuka??
It is volume 14.

Tags
comedy, shonen