AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 07:02   Link #21
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
And one thing that shounen audiences hate more than anything else, is having their favorite heroines character having a sexual partner/ boyfriend.
Spot on. The anime has to cater to its audience's demands(most of the time anyways).
Old 2012-02-27, 08:05   Link #22
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I hate to get off-topic here but at the same time I wonder why unsexy, unattrative and unpopular "heroines" of the smutty shoujo mangas get stalked by a handsome but perverted "heroes" unless the market wants to.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 09:22   Link #23
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
Also, if you liked School Days I recommend White Album.
Whoa, whoa. You cannot compare the two. They are miles apart. White Album is a mature show where there is build up, reason, motivation and real life consequences to all of the character's actions. School Days is unrealistic and immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Spot on. The anime has to cater to its audience's demands(most of the time anyways).
That's the truth for everything. Any adaptation that's made changes, it usually because of the intended audience. That's not to say it's always a good thing.
Old 2012-02-27, 09:39   Link #24
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's the truth for everything. Any adaptation that's made changes, it usually because of the intended audience. That's not to say it's always a good thing.
... this is what fanservice means>>
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:49   Link #25
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I noticed that someone misunderstood my words; on the other side, it's my fault for not being so much clear:

it may appear as generalizing when i said "Boys don't have morals, while girls are pure/delicate whatever and have to be conquered", but what i wanted to say was that i would rather see a random boy, with an appropriate perverted mind for his age, trying to conquer a girl, that looks like a princess. I find it more romantic that way, rather than a perverted and spoiled girl teasing non-stop an indifferent boy.

So, when i watch a romance with a boy as the protagonist, i tend to impersonate in the protagonist while he tries to conquer his beloved one, that is somehow hard to get to. When the girl is instead willing to do anything, ye well, it kinda ruins the fun but on the other side it's even worse that the protagonist rejects her. Also, sometimes it also happens that the protagonist isn't that popular with girls, but when he gets a girl that likes him, he acts like a dick.

I hope to have made myself clearer; i didn't want to say that boys don't have morals at all: i actually am one of those with a huge respect towards other people, and specially when it comes to the female genre. On the other side, i understand that most of teenagers, at that age, think only about sex, and no matter how they try to control themselves, I find it hard to believe that such "boys" would reject such girls.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 10:59   Link #26
Autumn Demon
~

If you believe the story would end quickly if the couple got together early on (I don't buy this) then why isn't the guy doing the pursing and the girl being the reluctant one?
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:06   Link #27
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
If you believe the story would end quickly if the couple got together early on (I don't buy this) then why isn't the guy doing the pursing and the girl being the reluctant one?
You should have read the previous posts. It's because most of the audience(in this case shounen audience) does not want to see it.
Old 2012-02-27, 11:10   Link #28
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I hate to get off-topic here but at the same time I wonder why unsexy, unattrative and unpopular "heroines" of the smutty shoujo mangas get stalked by a handsome but perverted "heroes" unless the market wants to.
Maybe you should create your own thread based on that basis : "Why the unpopular heroines of smutty shoujos gets stalked by perverted bishounen ?".
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 11:14   Link #29
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I do like pure girls generally, but I find impure girls can be too great of comedy source in some cases Such as Kuroko(Railgun), Yamada(B Gata H Kei),
ROFL. YAMADA'S A RIOT.

Quote:
I haven't read that much smut but of the ones I've read, the heroine is at least cute. She isn't particularly voluptuous or drop-dead gorgeous because the author wants the reader to identify with her (ordinary Japanese schoolgirl). Although Shinjo Mayu is an exception to this rule-she seems to favor giving blonde hair AND large breasts to her girls.

Quote:
but what i wanted to say was that i would rather see a random boy, with an appropriate perverted mind for his age, trying to conquer a girl, that looks like a princess. I find it more romantic that way, rather than a perverted and spoiled girl teasing non-stop an indifferent boy.
........ergh....no. I don't think sexual predators are "romantic", with either sex. I really DON'T wanna see a teenage guy pressure an innocent girl into doing it with him. That would make me very uncomfortable and I KNOW I'm not the only one....

There is one ecchi anime OVA, Maze: Megaburst Space where....
Spoiler:

What I do think would be good though (for an ecchi anime) is seeing a heterosexual version of Seikimatsu Darling, where both characters really want to do it but they keep screwing up the situation and hilarity ensues.
Old 2012-02-27, 11:48   Link #30
monsta666

I don't really see why it would have to be the end of the story if the guy did "get" with the girl early on. Ever heard of relationship drama? If the guy kisses his favourite girl or even goes further and the characters establish a relationship there is always ways of adding drama. Maybe he notices the girl isn't so great after all or he wants some variety or some girl(s) tries to tempt him? He gives in during a moment of weakness and that causes drama maybe even a break-up. Those issues get resolved (or perhaps are not fully resolved watch out for season two then) and they get back together. Out of all this however the characters grow as a person and you see character development. The possibilities are endless really.

What I am saying is the anime doesn't have to end with a they lived happily ever after tone after they get together. I would argue getting together and agreeing to an exclusive relationship is only the beginning! So much drama can be had after that point. Then again that point about catering to the audience is very valid and maybe the audience does not want to see real life drama like this. Although I would argue that a lot of fanservice can still be had (and then some) if the relationship was fully established, ah but then maybe it would not be anime but hentai material if they showed everything!
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:04   Link #31
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post
I don't really see why it would have to be the end of the story if the guy did "get" with the girl early on. Ever heard of relationship drama?
This is just me but.....I absolutely despise relationship drama. It's Fushigi Yuugi/Marmalade Boy all over again and one of the most tiresome and irritating turns a romance could possibly take.

They're together!
Now they're not.
They're together!
Now they're not!
They're together but they're thinking of having sex with other people!
Oh wait, now they aren't!
OMG one just found out they could be RELATED!! Now they can't get married! *Dun dun dun!*
Oh wait, that's just a mistake because one tiny misunderstanding nobody bothered to investigate in!
And here comes TWO new love rivals!! The female one just got hit by a truck so now the boyfriend feels guilty!!

*bashes her head against a wall*
KILL IT WITH FIRE.

There's nothing wrong with showing problems between the couple after they get together. It should come off as realistic and the audience should be able to identify with it because EVERY couple has problems. And each problem is written to 'test' the love between the two characters and build up the strength of their love as they go through each test.
The flaw of this romantic formula is, the author just keeps throwing the most stupidest shit imaginable at you and it becomes freaking annoying to sit through...and you stop caring about the two main characters because they keep acting like idiots and make the same mistakes over and over and OVER again and you simply just want it to end, preferably with the deaths of both characters because they've undergone so much flanderization.

........which is why I'm definitely all for "that official love confession=happy ending" so we don't have to go through all that "WHAT IF!?" "BUT THEN!!" crap afterwards. XD It's best shown off-screen!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-02-27 at 13:41.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:15   Link #32
Eragon
Still Alive

The thing is, relationship dramas aren't that popular a genre(from what I know) with teens and young adults(as far as I know) especially when it comes to anime - since they want to see things that provide an escape from reality. They don't want to watch things that portray the realities of relationships.
Old 2012-02-27, 13:16   Link #33
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
........ergh....no. I don't think sexual predators are "romantic", with either sex. I really DON'T wanna see a teenage guy pressure an innocent girl into doing it with him. That would make me very uncomfortable and I KNOW I'm not the only one....
When did I ever say "put pressure on an innocent girl in havin sex with him"? I actually said "conquer", meaning slowly appeal the girl, make her laugh, help her, comfortate her if she needs it, take her out, and eventually end up together. I previously even stated that i have a huge amount of respect towards girls, so in no way i would like to see a guy forcing a girl or something like that.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:17   Link #34
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
This is just me but.....I absolutely despise relationship drama. It's Fushigi Yuugi/Marmalade Boy all over again and one of the most tiresome and irritating turns a romance could possibly take.

They're together!
Now they're not.
They're together!
Now they're not!
They're together but they're thinking of having sex with other people!
Oh wait, now they aren't!

And here comes TWO new love rivals!!
*bashes her head against a wall*
KILL IT WITH FIRE.
Like ten years of Ross and Rachel.
Old 2012-02-27, 13:39   Link #35
monsta666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Tell me about it! That is very annoying but I do find it equally frustrating when the guy likes a girl, the girl likes the guy but both are too chicken to ask either out and they just fumble throughout the series while other girls are thrown into the mix to get in the way of any feeble attempt at getting together. I find myself almost wanting to push through brick walls when that happens. So it is frustrating either way the cake is cut.

I do think there can be some middle ground to all this and that is if each case is handled in a somewhat mature way. Now I don't expect a relationship with no problems, there can be problems but don't make it into breakups then make-ups 24/7 and don't have the fallouts over really stupid things. There should be moments where you can say awww that's sweet but then those moments are tempered by something really bad, and as you said that is the test were they need to do something about it. If you can see they are good people but made bad mistakes you can at least root for the characters to fix it. Beats yelling at the TV screen anyway! Then again saying all that, what Eragon said could well be right and such stories are just not very popular and are therefore not shown for that reason. Shame if that is true.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 13:48   Link #36
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
When did I ever say "put pressure on an innocent girl in havin sex with him"? I actually said "conquer", meaning slowly appeal the girl, make her laugh, help her, comfortate her if she needs it, take her out, and eventually end up together. I previously even stated that i have a huge amount of respect towards girls, so in no way i would like to see a guy forcing a girl or something like that.
My mistake, good sir. I took the word "conquer" in a negative light. Maybe it would have been better to say "win over"?

I'm relieved that's what you meant.

Quote:
I actually don't find RxR that bad compared to what shoujo authors will do just to get that series to stretch to 18 volumes!! At least nobody ended up in a serious accident or there was never a time where Ross was like "OMG, RACHEL MIGHT BE MY SISTER NOOOO"
.......because the writers knew young adults aren't that stupid.
Plus the two were paranoid for good reasons (previous failed marriages).

Quote:
That is very annoying but I do find it equally frustrating when the guy likes a girl, the girl likes the guy but both are too chicken to ask either out and they just fumble throughout the series while other girls are thrown into the mix to get in the way of any feeble attempt at getting together.
If it's before both characters have confessed, I think it's better. Because that means they're weren't so quick to say "I LOVE YOU!!" and then have their trust waver from the tiniest doubting possibility.
I draw the line at the number of love rivals though. OMG. ONE FOR BOTH IS PLENTY. And I wish writers would figure that out. But no, they just keep pulling foil characters out of their ass to stretch stretch stretch TEH DRAMA!!

I like how Arina Tanemura handles the love rivals for hers: the hearts of the two lovers NEVER waver; they don't even come close to wavering. They simply push the rivals away and stay true to their love. And any forced kiss that comes from a rival is never witnessed by the boyfriend/girlfriend or if it IS witnessed, the characters COMMUNICATE to clear up the mess, so there's never a "HE'S/SHE'S CHEATING ON ME!! I WON'T FORGIVE THIS!!" sob scene.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2012-02-27 at 14:20.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:02   Link #37
AngelArms

The best guess I can make is that most protagonists in those fanservicey kind of shows act like spinless cowards because... Well thats what the viewership is like. Magical girlfriend, harem and fanservice shows are made for self insertion, and the average viewer of those kinds of shows simply wouldnt be able to put themselves in the shoes of a confident, Don Lothario type. The idea is to say "Hey, this hopeless loser has eager women fawning over him 24/7 and so could you!"
AngelArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:07   Link #38
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Eh, pure girls bore me sometimes. I like girls that are a bit more adventurous. "Pure" girls feel...idk...somehow kinda like pets. Not that I don't like them per se, but I'll rather have the more "adventurous" kind....just because it's way more fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It was 5:30 in the morning, and you had rambled on for 18 pages. Front and back! Oh-oh-oh, and by the way, Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means 'you are.' Y-O-U-R means 'your!'

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:15   Link #39
NeoChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Eh, pure girls bore me sometimes. I like girls that are a bit more adventurous. "Pure" girls feel...idk...somehow kinda like pets. Not that I don't like them per se, but I'll rather have the more "adventurous" kind....just because it's way more fun.
I prefer Tsunderes being inserted into a harem,

"Hmp, don't think I'm naked here because of what you think, HENTAi!!! It's not that I like you... sheesh you creep me out!!! I'm here to get your opinion, but it doesn't mean its important... hmp"
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 21:25   Link #40
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post

It was 5:30 in the morning, and you had rambled on for 18 pages. Front and back! Oh-oh-oh, and by the way, Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means 'you are.' Y-O-U-R means 'your!'
"Yeah, and just so you know, it's NOT that common, it DOESN'T happen to every guy and IT IS a big deal!!" XD

Quote:
I prefer Tsunderes being inserted into a harem,

"Hmp, don't think I'm naked here because of what you think, HENTAi!!! It's not that I like you... sheesh you creep me out!!! I'm here to get your opinion, but it doesn't mean its important... hmp"

"Oh...I suppose it can't be helped!! Fine, I'll kiss you but it's not like I want to or anything! I-I'm just blushing because it's hot outside! This is sunburn!"

tsundere ftw.