AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 23:25   Link #621
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

I am also glad they didn't shy from touching some serious subjects (a little too superficially for my taste), while keeping up with more marketable elements. It's a step to the right (for me) direction... oh! and Myuseru gave some excellent pointers to keep in mind

Also the MC broke some troupes, for example the idealist/naive -> loser/idiot... or maybe resurrected/refined a dead one, since there used to be characters like that when I was a kid.

PS: I read that the original novel was from the same author as polyphonica... cool, she/he is one of the few that got better along the way.

Last edited by AmeNoJaku; 2013-12-31 at 08:03.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 07:04   Link #622
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
nope not gonna forget it. And we know that at least elves and dragonids are trained since youngsters in the military.
Are we sure about their ages? I don't recall the age of any of the students or others outside the main cast being revealed, with the exception of that one dwarf kid. For all we know, Romilda and the elves could be the same age as Petrarca.

Also, one thing I couldn't help but feel when watching the last couple eps is, I wonder if there were Jesuit priests in Japan (or America) who experienced similar disillusionment and shock. Sure, some of them knowingly went in with negative intentions or superior attitudes, but surely some went with a real desire to spread their faith in good faith, and to realize that their altruistic intentions were used to aid in gaining power over foreign lands would have been a painful experience I'm sure.

One major question, which may have been answered and I didn't spot it: what was the rare issue of Comptiqle thing referring to?

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2013-12-24 at 07:15.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 08:07   Link #623
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Are we sure about their ages? I don't recall the age of any of the students or others outside the main cast being revealed, with the exception of that one dwarf kid. For all we know, Romilda and the elves could be the same age as Petrarca.

Also, one thing I couldn't help but feel when watching the last couple eps is, I wonder if there were Jesuit priests in Japan (or America) who experienced similar disillusionment and shock. Sure, some of them knowingly went in with negative intentions or superior attitudes, but surely some went with a real desire to spread their faith in good faith, and to realize that their altruistic intentions were used to aid in gaining power over foreign lands would have been a painful experience I'm sure.

One major question, which may have been answered and I didn't spot it: what was the rare issue of Comptiqle thing referring to?
1) dont you remember around episode 2-4 when he went around town and saw the kids? There were kids of all races getting training ( since there are some national disputes with the bordering nations or something like that ) since it allows them to be part of society easier (kinda like Sparta i guess)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 08:29   Link #624
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post

When Portuguese Catholics and Jesuits arrived in Japan in late 1540s, they swiftly established a foothold and gained many converts in Kyushu. The Portuguese and Dutch brought the gun, which the Japanese quickly adopted.

While some feudal lords probably desired only guns from the Europeans, there was genuine friendship as well. Oda Nobunaga was known to be very friendly with the Europeans. Date Masamune, popularly known as the one-eyed dragon, was known to intervene personally to save the life of missionary Padre Sotelo from Tokugawa Ieyasu. He allowed the missionaries to preach in his provinces and even sent a ship to establish relations with the Pope in Rome. This is especially remarkable since, although Japan is an island nation, Japan never had a ship sail so far before. His eldest daughter Iroha was believed to be a Christian.

It was only after Tokugawa Ieyasu unified Japan that he began to outlaw Christianity. After many years of constant warfare, the people desired peace and stability, and Christianity was seen as a dividing force. However, some Japanese Christians did not give up their faith and continued to practice in secret. They became known as Kakure Kirishitan (or the hidden Christians). When Japan opened up in the 19th century and Christianity was once again allowed, the Ōura Church was built to commemorate the faithfulness of these believers. When word that tens of thousands of Kakure Kirishitan came out of hiding reached Pope Pius IX, he declared it was "the miracle of the Orient".

Last edited by Anime Online; 2013-12-24 at 08:44.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 06:41   Link #625
Kumagawa

Well no sequel for this less than 2694 copies of the 1st volume sold which is a colossal flop.

This season looks to be one of the worst for flops in years.
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:35   Link #626
ellessarr
Banned

another good anime being in the danger of dont have another season due to the hug fall out of this season, shinichi really was one of the rare good harem/romance mcs, who dont follow the trend of being loser/idiot/gay of 80 to 90% of harem mcs, he was one of the few i really liked, miusel was kawaii desu, over top moe i gonna miss her, the loli queen on the start was really annoyng but she become a good character in the end, really good serie will bad who we probably we dont gonna get another season of any of the animes of this season.

my current list of this season animes
top 6 who are ending in this season(dont count the 2 cores)
1 kyokai no kanata
2 gingtsune
3 yozakura quartet
4 ore nouna
5 little bursters

animes who surprised me where i dont was waiting too much(too low expectations) but ended really being good, i dont wasted my time watching and surprised me
1 arpeggio
2 blazblue
3 outbreak company
4 walkura romanze
5 yuusha(well this is a very special case since i hated with big passion trash/gay mc, but liked all the others characters and funny moments).

animes of 20+ episodes who i watching now who started on this season:
kill la kill
golden time
log horizon
phi brain
samurai flamenco(well this is another very special case, on the beginner i was liking the "kick ass lighheart mode, but the unexplainned and crazy change to the sentai mode make few a few upset and with a really big horrible taste on mouth in this anime, i gonn watch a few more episodes before i can really see if i wasted my time).

i give to this anime 7.5/10
someone can link the page where we can see the animes dvd/blue-ray sales?

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-12-25 at 10:03.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 05:18   Link #627
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I guess there won't be a season 2.

I really liked this series not so much because of the characters, but on the questions it presented. There are too many "what-ifs" that I thought about whenever I watched this:

"what if instead of a loli we got a war freak emperor as the head of eldant?"
"what if japan just killed off all the native inhabitants of that world and took a whole world to themselves by using a biological weapon?"
"what if they just gave everyone cannons and flintlocks and have everyone go to war with each other, the swoop in with m16 rifles and tanks and kill off the survivors?"
"what if they just killed the entire royal family and ruled eldant, much like something that happened before?"

and so on. But still, miusel acting cute really made this one interesting.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 01:56   Link #628
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

As for the darker versions of Outbreak Company, I have a fanfic idea that, unfortunately, I will probably be to busy to write, or at least, too busy to finish.

Outbreak Company: Black Ops

Note: this has nothing to do with Call of Duty (except for the military theme).

Anyway, the basic premise is that the story follows a squad of JSDF special forces sent on a series of highly classified missions in Eldant, known only about by the highest echelons of the JSDF and the Japanese government. Many of their operations are also conducted without the knowledge of the Eldantian government, though later in the series, some ops intended to destabilize Bahailam by supporting a peasant revolt, will occur with the knowledge of the Eldantian government. Note: as seen in the profiles below, the unit often uses non-JSDF standard gear for their missions, for instance, a Barrett M82 anti-materiel rifle to eliminate mages before they can put up their bulletproof shields.

Mission Ideas

A joint op with the Eldantians to track down the terrorists responsible for the attack on Shinichi's school.

A mission beyond the borders of Bahailam, arming a peasant revolt with simple gunpowder weaponry in an attempt to destabilize the country.

A mission to eliminate a high ranking noble opposed to the presence of the Japanese in Eldant.

An operation to sabotage a stockpile a number of those magic bombs used by the anti-Japanese terrorists.

The failed operation to eliminate both Shinichi and Petrarca.

Possibly a mission shortly afterwords to covertly liberate an imprisoned Japanese soldier apprehended in the failed operation.

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2014-01-03 at 02:24.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 17:38   Link #629
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post
Well no sequel for this less than 2694 copies of the 1st volume sold which is a colossal flop.

That's not necessarily true. If there's enough of a increase in the Light Novel sales, it'd be considered a success and the publisher could look into making a second season when there's enough LN material. A lot of these LN adaptations are really just advertisements for the source Light Novels.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 19:17   Link #630
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumagawa View Post

2694 is far from a colossal flop. It isn't good for sure, but it isn't nearly that bad. It broke 4 digits, at the very least, which means it isn't a colossal flop.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 02:07   Link #631
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotCat View Post
That's not necessarily true. If there's enough of a increase in the Light Novel sales, it'd be considered a success and the publisher could look into making a second season when there's enough LN material. A lot of these LN adaptations are really just advertisements for the source Light Novels.
A colossal flop is under 500. Of which we got a few this year, actually.

But sales numbers aren't a perfect proxy. Some series actually do enough TV views to greenlight a second season, even for late-night shows. If Outbreak Company helps LN sales, the series will end up booking a solid profit for the Anime production.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 09:36   Link #632
tempaccount
Disabled By Request

I read that last LN comes out in two weeks (shame that there is no LN thread).
tempaccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 20:57   Link #633
tempaccount2

Hello, fellow peoples.

Do any of you know which light novel volume the anime covers up to?
tempaccount2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 20:14   Link #634
kamikaze00007

Not to necro if this is dead or anything, but did Koganuma, Minori (the JSDF glasses fujoshi oppai girl) actually have any moments in the LN that showed or hinted she had feelings for Shiniichi like the other girls in the harem?

And who's that girl with black hair and armor (IIRC) on one of the LN covers?
kamikaze00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 23:17   Link #635
lolipopskittlez
dessertluver<3

Red face tat little brat

i just wanna slap the shit out of petrarca!! i stooped watching the anime right after she yelled at the maid elf and its all because of that BRATTY LITTLE GIRL!! the anime wouldve been good if she didnt exist hmph!

...ahhh i feel better now lettin it out ^_^
lolipopskittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 01:51   Link #636
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolipopskittlez View Post
i just wanna slap the shit out of petrarca!! i stooped watching the anime right after she yelled at the maid elf and its all because of that BRATTY LITTLE GIRL!! the anime wouldve been good if she didnt exist hmph!

...ahhh i feel better now lettin it out ^_^
Keep watching, she'll come to her senses soon enough.
Old 2014-07-28, 03:46   Link #637
OhHaiThar

I was really hoping to find some LN summaries ^^". I don't think there's a lot of readers for this LN though. On BT for the polls we had a 99% wish to have it translated which was surprisingly a large 1000 something.
AND WHAT LAST VOLUME WAS RELEASED?!?! It says ongoing though on the Japanese wikipedia AND on the American wikipedia.

Last edited by OhHaiThar; 2014-07-28 at 04:03.
OhHaiThar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 08:49   Link #638
kamikaze00007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze00007 View Post
Not to necro if this is dead or anything, but did Koganuma, Minori (the JSDF glasses fujoshi oppai girl) actually have any moments in the LN that showed or hinted she had feelings for Shiniichi like the other girls in the harem?

And who's that girl with black hair and armor (IIRC) on one of the LN covers?
I guess no one who read the LN is interested in answering?

After watching the anime the first time I had high hopes for the LN to get better later on.
kamikaze00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-30, 16:40   Link #639
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

I don't know if this thread is dead or not, but I wanted to know if somebody knows if the LN is translated or not.
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 12:21   Link #640
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

So I just saw what seems to be the cover of the final volume?
https://twitter.com/Yuugen_99/status/887593659570339840

Artwork's cute as awesome as always. Anywho, Been a long while since I saw the anime adaptation but seeing this reminded of my love for it.

So basically, I'd like to ask some info to anyone whose been keeping up w/ this. Would really be interested to know more about what happened up to this point especially about our cute elf meido.

Tags
fantasy, harem, romantic comedy, shounen