AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-28, 22:53   Link #1
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
~ Popotan, Tanpopo, Potanpo ~???

I've just finish watching Popotan...and come to conclusion that this anime is so strange & awkward.... It gives me a kinda "aww..." feelings but i dun really into this one. Other anime such as Kanojou works better on me.

Now i'm kinda confuse with the anime, so much question left me unanswered...although i figure out them out but not really sure about it...

I dun know how to feel rite...should i cry? Should i say this anime is good?
I just end up with no conclusion and couldn't make up my mind weather this anime should b good or not. It just left me "no comen".

I need ur oppinian about this anime as i'm kinda confused of wat i'm watching here...sigh~
Old 2004-05-29, 00:55   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I really liked this series a lot. I believe the reason that it failed to find a strong audience is because of the conflict between the ecchi and the sentimentality. On one hand it is really ecchi. On the other hand the show's theme is deeply involved with the question of what our purpose in life is.

Spoiler for Ending of Popotan:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-29, 01:11   Link #3
Thany
Unfair

Spoiler for end of anime:

But I might be wrong.
Old 2004-05-29, 01:42   Link #4
LK_LoA

Given their link with the house,
Old 2004-05-29, 02:01   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Spoiler for end:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-29, 02:05   Link #6
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I really liked this series a lot. I believe the reason that it failed to find a strong audience is because of the conflict between the ecchi and the sentimentality. On one hand it is really ecchi. On the other hand the show's theme is deeply involved with the question of what our purpose in life is.

Spoiler for Ending of Popotan:
I would have to agree. I really enjoyed the show, despite the abundant ecchiness of the series. They show got increasingly serious as time went by, and the characters were all well done and appealing in their approach in handling their situation. I thought the show was very underrated. I you can get past the fanservice, the underlying message is quite good.
Old 2004-05-29, 09:17   Link #7
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I was one of the few people discussing Popotan amid legions of "ecchi sux" messages in the Popotan thread that existed before the crash. It was a really nice series, but I wish it could have developed some characters a bit better, especially the lady that seems to always undress herself in the moonlight.
Old 2004-05-29, 14:45   Link #8
silviachan

Must say I really loved Popotan. Yes, it may seem fanservice and light story at the first sight, but happy eps. are balanced by sad ones, or at least ones which let you think about them.
I found the saddest one to be the story of Mai and her friend, and was about crying!!
Old 2004-05-29, 21:44   Link #9
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'm about half way through popotan as i'm typing this...
it's one of those shows that it just didn't bother me that Ai was naked every 2 minutes, or that they throw you into the story with no explanation whatsoever...as i'm watching it, i feel like i'm looking into a deep hole filled with shiny things
that and i have "Popopo" running through my head along with "Ai Ai Ai 'Ai Love You!" Mai mai mai "My Darling" Mii mii mii "help me!" Popotan popotan popotan"
Old 2004-05-30, 00:35   Link #10
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
i'm about half way through popotan as i'm typing this...
it's one of those shows that it just didn't bother me that Ai was naked every 2 minutes, or that they throw you into the story with no explanation whatsoever...as i'm watching it, i feel like i'm looking into a deep hole filled with shiny things
that and i have "Popopo" running through my head along with "Ai Ai Ai 'Ai Love You!" Mai mai mai "My Darling" Mii mii mii "help me!" Popotan popotan popotan"
Yep, the opening and closing music tracks do tend to get stuck in your head for a while after (during) viewing this series.
Old 2004-05-30, 13:01   Link #11
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Now that u mention...the opening and ending really funny...it does stuck in my head until now...espcially where the opening theme where it goes... "Mou dame, popopo".

The anime really quite nice... but the problem is...i doesn't seems to enjoying it, but i do like the story line alot...the story about the sub character...and i do get touch by the crying scene....

But somehow after watching the anime...i just got out of the sofa saying "No comment"

This is the 1st time i watch an anime that leaves me with this funny feeling...which i dun even know how to describe. I've watch over 100 titles of anime but non of them that gives me this feelings... >.<

Damn something is wrong with me...
Old 2004-05-30, 14:19   Link #12
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
While I did enjoy the series the first time I watched it, I enjoyed my second viewing even more. Maybe that works for you as well?
Anyway, like I said, I really enjoyed this series; a perfect balance between cute, comedy, drama and pantsu. Too bad they didn't make Konami more like she was in the game, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany

But I might be wrong.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-31, 21:19   Link #13
Kyuven

well i finished watching it...
nice little tribute at the end hehehe ^_^;
but now i'll never get the intro out of my head as long as i live! ARGH!
Spoiler:

oh yeah, do Popotan and The Soul Taker/ Nurse Witch Komugi Magikarte have some sort of connection animation-wise? Mai looked a LOT like Komugi, and asuka looked like....well, asuka (except older/bustier)
Old 2004-06-01, 05:54   Link #14
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
oh yeah, do Popotan and The Soul Taker/ Nurse Witch Komugi Magikarte have some sort of connection animation-wise? Mai looked a LOT like Komugi, and asuka looked like....well, asuka (except older/bustier)
The conceptual character designs of Popotan (in other words, the character designs of the game which those of the anime were based on) and the character designs of Nurse Witch Komugi Magkarte were both done by Poyoyon♥Rokku.
Old 2004-06-01, 09:09   Link #15
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsu
The conceptual character designs of Popotan (in other words, the character designs of the game which those of the anime were based on) and the character designs of Nurse Witch Komugi Magkarte were both done by Poyoyon♥Rokku.
that certainly explains a lot...
Old 2004-06-01, 09:37   Link #16
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I like this show quite a lot, it appears kiddy at the beginning, (epsecially that magic girl episode.. ewww...), but it turns to a very mature and deep show later. The happy ending is a bit cliche, but still quite good. and Sizuku is so... ethereal
Old 2006-06-05, 17:47   Link #17
sake san

I have just finished watching popotan a couple days ago and I liked it a lot. Great balance among ecchi, drama, comedy. I fapped, I laughed, I cried. I personally thought it was a well-done series considering it was based loosely on the H-game. One thing I was confused about in the last episode:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-05, 19:06   Link #18
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Well they did live in the same town, so it's not too hard to imaging they would hook up.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-06-05, 23:14   Link #19
sake san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Well they did live in the same town, so it's not too hard to imaging they would hook up.
Ah, I never realized that. Guess that is true! Thanks.
Old 2006-06-18, 02:52   Link #20
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

At 1st, I was like, "What the heck is with this piece of crap?!" , "Ai is taking to flowers?" & "I'm really clueless of what they are doing..."

But after I went on from one episode to another, I started to get the plot And yes, I do cried in some of the episodes. I enjoyed it. But I'm totally pissed off by that Keith guy I hate him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Now that u mention...the opening and ending really funny...it does stuck in my head until now...espcially where the opening theme where it goes... "Mou dame, popopo".
And to think I was the only one who got it stuck in my head

Mou dame, popopo
Closed Thread

Tags
ecchi, eroge, kemonomimi, loli