AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 10 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 24.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-04, 05:56   Link #221
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The only disadvantage of Magical technology, if you might call it that, is that one needs magic to activate and use the weapon...the wielder becomes the weapon's "ammo".
But if used correctly, there's no harm for the user.
It is also can be considered advantages since not everyone can utilize em so less danger/accident.Plus it is easier and faster to control the dmg output suited for different situation (compared to switching from handgun to machine gun or rocket launcher )

You could beat the crap out of the criminals (controlled to do magic dmg only) and still able to be interrogated later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
On a completly unrelated note to Nanoha, what are you guyings picking up this season? So far zombie loan, nanatsuiro drops and school days in raws for me
No higurashi?
Other than what u listed ,am picking up ZnT-FnK,Moetan, doujin work,Zetsubou Sensei and Higurashi.
Old 2007-07-04, 06:08   Link #222
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
It is also can be considered advantages since not everyone can utilize em so less danger/accident.Plus it is easier and faster to control the dmg output suited for different situation (compared to switching from handgun to machine gun or rocket launcher )

You could beat the crap out of the criminals (controlled to do magic dmg only) and still able to be interrogated later
Makes me wonder however if it is possible to kill with pure magical dmg... there must be some limit as to the amount of magical dmg a person can take in before reaching a dangerous level...

Quote:
No higurashi?
Other than what u listed ,am picking up ZnT-FnK,Moetan, doujin work,Zetsubou Sensei and Higurashi.
This is from what have been aired so far... While I wish I can be more selective I guess it will be same as last season where I ends up with 30 or so series between me and few friends... I do like suggestions on the must watches, other then then the standard moe series or 2nd seasons...
Old 2007-07-04, 06:10   Link #223
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That is not really a down side such it can be another layer of protection for weapons of mass destruction...
Basically, Magic is more versatile than physical weapons. Hence putting more funds into researching it is a more cost effective decision.

Another advantage over physical.

Quote:
On a completly unrelated note to Nanoha, what are you guyings picking up this season? So far zombie loan, nanatsuiro drops and school days in raws for me
Normally, I would check out 75% of the new shows first before deciding... But since it's impossible from where I am...

I'll just go with face-value and pick,

Spoiler for OFF-Topic:

-
Old 2007-07-04, 06:14   Link #224
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Makes me wonder however if it is possible to kill with pure magical dmg... there must be some limit as to the amount of magical dmg a person can take in before reaching a dangerous level...
Probably, since usage of magic strain the user body.Excessive amount of pure magic bombardment might also be able to kill the target just took much longer.Assuming the magic attack damage and drain opponent's linker core completely(or drained from defending) , the extra magic damage would eat up the body next.

Quote:
This is from what have been aired so far... While I wish I can be more selective I guess it will be same as last season where I ends up with 30 or so series between me and few friends... I do like suggestions on the must watches, other then then the standard moe series or 2nd seasons...
Ahh ok sorry didn't read your earlier post properly.I might drop nana though a little disappointed with the VA
Old 2007-07-04, 09:31   Link #225
Jimmy C

Many of you have been asking for a shot of the Claudia. It's too bad they decided not to make a full profile shot of the ship in this episode, so you'll have to settle for this:

I'm sure we'll get a look from a better angle before the end of the series.
Here's a view of the top, towards the stern of the ship.

And here's a look at the bridge.
Old 2007-07-04, 09:45   Link #226
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Many of you have been asking for a shot of the Claudia. It's too bad they decided not to make a full profile shot of the ship in this episode, so you'll have to settle for this:

I'm sure we'll get a look from a better angle before the end of the series.
Here's a view of the top, towards the stern of the ship.

And here's a look at the bridge.
A Trimaran? Spiffy

And seeing the Arthra there brings back memories

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-04, 09:47   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A Trimaran? Spiffy

And seeing the Arthra there brings back memories
As expected, the warships' general design still remains the same.

Though the word 'Avalon' keeps screaming in my head
Old 2007-07-04, 10:04   Link #228
Jimmy C

Main difference seems to be the 'prongs' the extend forward of the ship are now oriented vertically instead of horizontally like on the Arthra. The upper prong seems to be integrated to the main hull while an extension joins the lower prong to the hull.
The 2 exterior pics are enough construct a complete exterior view except for the top of the upper prong and stern of the ship.
Old 2007-07-04, 10:36   Link #229
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Is it just me, or does the bridge seem much less "grand" and much more bland and functional? Less curves and more straight lines and angles on the inside, but the outside is very different.
Old 2007-07-04, 11:10   Link #230
Key Board
Carbon

The numbers don't use magic to fuel their weapons

It's confirmed in episode 13

What are they using? probably quantum science. Unless you want to argue that quantum science is magic too. Which is possible.

The A's manga confirmed the spell casting as a mathematical process happening inside your mind. Using imaginary numbers, perhaps?

Episode 14 also confirmed them to be sentoukijin, or war humanoid literally. Sentoukijin has apparently appeared several times in the past and the numbers are using the latest technology of it. This seems to suggest that they are a type of banned weaponry from the past which are upgraded with the latest achievements.

As for the preference for magic.

judging from our own present day word. public image has become very important.

perhaps magic with its gentler image (cleaner, less lasting collatera damage) is favored by many sides of a conflict because of this

fighting battles needs resources and sponsor and if your perceived image by the public is too violent that won't do you any good
Old 2007-07-04, 11:57   Link #231
Jimmy C

That depends on the "image" you're trying to project. If it's "the nice, clean guys" that's all well and good. But if it's "the unbeatable conqueror", are you going to let such trivial concerns like environmental-friendliness get in the way of your victories? I don't think so.
Old 2007-07-04, 15:20   Link #232
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
What are they using? probably quantum science. Unless you want to argue that quantum science is magic too. Which is possible.

The A's manga confirmed the spell casting as a mathematical process happening inside your mind. Using imaginary numbers, perhaps?
"Fool! Taste the awesome power of... i!"
Old 2007-07-04, 15:42   Link #233
Key Board
Carbon

behold! the square root of negative three

despair before such an incomprehensible number, euclidean minded mortals

har har har

on a more serious note

we know that people like Scag exist and just a few years ago a war humanoid was responsible for the death of ginga's mother

so those things are still out there
Old 2007-07-04, 16:47   Link #234
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun
Is it just me, or does the bridge seem much less "grand" and much more bland and functional? Less curves and more straight lines and angles on the inside, but the outside is very different.
Your not alone, the bridge does seem less "spectacular" or "grand".

The thought of magic being related to mathematics is very possible. Mathematics is part of everyday life and its true.

Anyway I think there will be a conflict within the dimensional bureau waiting to happen. Possibly Hayate's own squad will have to leave the bureau because of conflicting interests within the bureau's higher ups. With that Ginga and Subaru might have to fight against each other but that is very unlikely. It's just a thought crossed my head after watching A's again for the hell of it.

Does everyone think this is possible or not possible?
Old 2007-07-04, 16:48   Link #235
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That depends on the "image" you're trying to project. If it's "the nice, clean guys" that's all well and good. But if it's "the unbeatable conqueror", are you going to let such trivial concerns like environmental-friendliness get in the way of your victories? I don't think so.
That was then, this is now.

I would imagine that Magic technology has come a long way from what it was 75 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Anyway I think there will be a conflict within the dimensional bureau waiting to happen. Possibly Hayate's own squad will have to leave the bureau because of conflicting interests within the bureau's higher ups. With that Ginga and Subaru might have to fight against each other but that is very unlikely. It's just a thought crossed my head after watching A's again for the hell of it.

The only internal conflict they'll have is with Ground Forces. But the Navy and the Church got their backs, so it won't fall to that stage.

Even if they got 'kicked out' it'll probably to stay off the radar so that they could Interfere better when the 'attack' begins.
Old 2007-07-04, 17:09   Link #236
narmi

Quote:
Quote:

The only internal conflict they'll have is with Ground Forces. But the Navy and the Church got their backs, so it won't fall to that stage.

Even if they got 'kicked out' it'll probably to stay off the radar so that they could Interfere better when the 'attack' begins.
True, but what about Subaru and Ginga, it's very unlikely that they will fight each other but it's possible. Besides that there is the other possibility that Ginga will "join" or help Hayate's squad if they did break off from the bureau.
Old 2007-07-04, 17:35   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
True, but what about Subaru and Ginga, it's very unlikely that they will fight each other but it's possible. Besides that there is the other possibility that Ginga will "join" or help Hayate's squad if they did break off from the bureau.
The only thing the would force those two to fight would be a situation that involves their mother. In the heat of the moment where they have to make a choice on whether to arrest or kill her muderer. Something like that.

P.S - I've just watched the episode, assume me general comments were more or less the same as everybody else, but I do want to add this...

Zafira didn't even get to talk ... That is just rock bottom

1. Erio
2. Chrono
3. Acous
Old 2007-07-04, 18:22   Link #238
narmi

Yah Zafira needs a little more appearances but at least Chrono is getting more show time plus I'm happy that Chrono's voice actor is the voice actor for Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi which is great!
Old 2007-07-04, 18:52   Link #239
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah poor Zafira just making a cameo appearance. It's just not easy being the dog after all.

True at least Chrono has shown up. He may not be in a fight yet, but at least he's been showing up. Long as he sticks nearby something should crack and he'll slip right in. Guess they tracked him down and have been keeping tabs on him so he doesn't run off again.
Old 2007-07-04, 19:39   Link #240
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah poor Zafira just making a cameo appearance. It's just not easy being the dog after all.

True at least Chrono has shown up. He may not be in a fight yet, but at least he's been showing up. Long as he sticks nearby something should crack and he'll slip right in. Guess they tracked him down and have been keeping tabs on him so he doesn't run off again.
He is not just showing up but showing up in personal one on one meetings with a cute girl while his wife is at home minding the kids