AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-06-27, 03:57   Link #1241
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

So anyway, interesting what they did with "Europe". I just got into this series, but I'm hooked.

I do find it odd that the continent, in reality, only has 3 countries: Gallia, The Federation, and The Empire.

In any case, it's interesting to consider what an alternate universe's WWII would have been like. That being said, I'm still waiting for a main character to die. If no one dies in this series, I'll be disappointed, to say the least. A bit morbid, yes, but I expect at the very least a major injury given that it is supposedly a war anime.
Old 2009-06-27, 07:19   Link #1242
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Where did you get them from? I once had a FJ jump smock, but I don't think it was the best of repros.
I brought it off a reenactment supplier in the states over the internet. I almost wish I got the late war SS variant with the spotted camouflage. Can't remember it's designation.

Here's a picture from a few years back when I first got it. It's still relatively clean at the moment but I plan on really dirtying it up before the next dress up party.

EDIT: Looking back at that I actually have lost weight on my face. D=

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 22:51   Link #1243
donoghu

Great! A new Opening with the eps 14!!! :P

It's getting good up to now. Too back I don't have a PS3 so I could try the game.
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 23:29   Link #1244
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
In any case, it's interesting to consider what an alternate universe's WWII would have been like. That being said, I'm still waiting for a main character to die. If no one dies in this series, I'll be disappointed, to say the least. A bit morbid, yes, but I expect at the very least a major injury given that it is supposedly a war anime.
Until recently I've forgotten that it was a war anime. I could've sworn it was angsty teen love.

And as for your wish, well....
Spoiler for cryptic explanation:

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 17:25   Link #1245
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I do find it odd that the continent, in reality, only has 3 countries: Gallia, The Federation, and The Empire.
Actually, that's not quite true. The Federation is composed a numerous nations who form a ruling council. Weaker nations don't get much of a say, whereas stronger nations get more of a say. In some respects it's like a modern day equivalent of the EU, except you can't leave it even if you want to.

And as far as I understand, the Empire isn't only comprised of Empire troops. There are a number of vassal states that are subject to the Emperor who were forced to participate in the war.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 00:40   Link #1246
Runty

They've added a segment to the anime website featuring Ellet. It's basically a bunch of interview skits with various characters, but I'm curious as to what's being said. Here's a link:

http://www.valkyria-anime.com/specia...et/report.html

Can anyone translate some of these or give a general idea of what's being talked about for each character? I especially want to know what Marina has to say.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 20:16   Link #1247
donoghu

Episode 18 is saaaaaaad!

I wish I had played to game to know what's coming up.
With the opening and the ending, I never thought this would have happened. Especialy with THIS character which sound like quite important!.

Spoiler for About this character:
Old 2009-08-02, 22:26   Link #1248
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
That's probably a question for the speculation thread.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 00:37   Link #1249
donoghu

lol... Episode 20 preview sounds like eps 20 will be serious business.
(A white long haired women with a blue spear and shield is scrary, when she's amoung tanks... )

The completely overpowerfull "magic" side of the story will surely start soon.
Old 2009-08-28, 21:20   Link #1250
Snowman24

Anyone here play Sims 3

For all my characters I name them after Valkyria Chronicles girls, strangly I've never had a boy be born in my house, I've had twins, triplets all born female.
So I give them names like Marina, Claudia, Ramsey, etc. I also try to choose traits that are as close to what their game characters are.

like for Nadine: Brave, Handy, Friendly, Genius, Workaholic
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 19:14   Link #1251
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
did isara really die in the anime?? plz answer me... plz!!

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
gigaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 21:00   Link #1252
KariOhki

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaloki View Post
Sadly, it's true.
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 02:21   Link #1253
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaloki View Post
Gotta see it to believe it.
Old 2009-10-04, 18:15   Link #1254
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I dropped this series around the first few episodes due to poor quality. Today I stumbled upon a certain battle between two characters.. and let me just say that...

Someone needs to send A1 Pictures a cease and desist order. This will stop them from further butchering any other decent series in the future.

They already proved themselves incapable with Persona.. I don't know who decided it would be a swell idea to give them Valkyria Chronicles. :sadface:

edit: I mean, I am at a loss of words.. I've never seen such poor design. This is some of the worst budgeting I had seen yet... Not to mention, the sound effects cut off randomly, giving me the assumption the audio was chopped up in 5 minutes.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:01   Link #1255
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
Someone needs to send A1 Pictures a cease and desist order. This will stop them from further butchering any other decent series in the future.

They already proved themselves incapable with Persona.. I don't know who decided it would be a swell idea to give them Valkyria Chronicles. :sadface:

edit: I mean, I am at a loss of words.. I've never seen such poor design. This is some of the worst budgeting I had seen yet... Not to mention, the sound effects cut off randomly, giving me the assumption the audio was chopped up in 5 minutes.
Thanks at least for providing somewhat of a practical example of the problems you found, otherwise that would have been little more than a troll post. Still, though, for all the complaining I've heard about this show, I'm not sure much of it has focused on the design, animation, and sound editing. I guess we'll see what people thought in the Overall Impressions thread that will be open soon.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 21:16   Link #1256
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Thanks at least for providing somewhat of a practical example of the problems you found, otherwise that would have been little more than a troll post. Still, though, for all the complaining I've heard about this show, I'm not sure much of it has focused on the design, animation, and sound editing. I guess we'll see what people thought in the Overall Impressions thread that will be open soon.
Well, I haven't seen much of this series. The first episode gave me a good impression, but after that, it seemed the animation declined in quality. I made my decision to drop the show after I realized that certain edits were done purely for budgeting.

Now when I came back to watch a certain battle clip, it completely kicked me off the ground. A lot of scenes which have static pictures lasting about 3 or 4 seconds.. sounds cutting.. constant quality shifts in character design.. choppy movement.. and the good ol' inconsistencies with weapon size to character.

Now that I'm not like , it caught me off guard.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 00:12   Link #1257
Snowman24

While working at "The Beerstore", yes it's called that, my place of work.

I got a case of empties in called "O'Hara Red", it was an Irish beer and looked pretty cool. Got me thinking, do you guys think Catherine O'Hara has an Irish accent. my 1st play through I assumed it was English, but now it sounds different.

I'm 50/50 for either Scottish or Irish accent, not English anymore.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 21:40   Link #1258
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
While working at "The Beerstore", yes it's called that, my place of work.

I got a case of empties in called "O'Hara Red", it was an Irish beer and looked pretty cool. Got me thinking, do you guys think Catherine O'Hara has an Irish accent. my 1st play through I assumed it was English, but now it sounds different.

I'm 50/50 for either Scottish or Irish accent, not English anymore.
I always thought she was Irish.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 15:14   Link #1259
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
While I'm a bit late to the English VA Party, someone should have noted that Faldio and this guy:

Spoiler for NSFW (blood):

share a Voice Actor. I found this out before playing the game, and I'm half expecting Faldio to utter the line "Danke schoen. Ja, ja... danke schoen..." when no-one's watching, and have Welkin going, "What?" as he walks by. Lots of missed lols there.

I'm going to brainfart, but who was it in-game who's scared of pointed things? I bet, if he mentally breaks the fourth wall and realizes who Faldio's voiced by, he keeps his distance. (Syringe Guns and Bonesaws. Very Pointy.)
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 18:49   Link #1260
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Here's a fun fact: the German word for Valkyrie (Walkuere) would be pronounced the same way Valkyria is. This is just a fun little tidbit I thought I'd share.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sega