AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 00:39   Link #6281
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
It would be funny, if the entire gang pops up where bodybuilder Romeo is just for him to say, What the hell took you guys so long?
it would be funnier if they drop into the council meeting.
Old 2011-10-02, 01:11   Link #6282
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it would be funnier if they drop into the council meeting.
It would be funniest if they drop into the council meeting, AFTER they say something about remembering Fairy Tail, that they were wrong to judge them, that they will be exalted for this and that, then they pop up in the middle of the meeting room, Natsu's the first one to look around, looks at the new council leader, and asks, are you the one that sent that spy into our group back at Tenrou Island?, the headmaster says yes, then he says, I see..., KARYU NO TEKKEN! and sents the headmaster flying. The gang asks, WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?, and Natsu says, I just...wanted to hit him.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 02:27   Link #6283
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Wow, that came out of nowhere.
A 7 year timeskip? Is this only temporary, as in a glimpse into the future before we get back to the present and see how Fairy Tail survived?
Old 2011-10-02, 03:13   Link #6284
ShiroiRyu

What the problem with the seven years ?
You look like shocked ... But Claymore did the same thing.
Yes, seven years, seven years, we have two jump of seven years in Claymore too : The first between Young Clare and Claymore Clare, the second with Claymore Clare and the new generation of Claymores.
It's the same here ... XD
And i remember Clare and the others were not that powerful after the seven years ... (yes, they needed to run when Riful was coming)
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 07:48   Link #6285
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I don't necessarily have a problem with the sudden time skip (yet). I just can't believe it. xD
Old 2011-10-02, 10:45   Link #6286
Slayerx

Actually, i'm beginning to wonder if this whole timeskip is something Mashima did not plan out before hand. I mean we have a number of unresolved plot threads that feel like they would be a whole lot less relevant after a 7 year time skip.

The Magic Council- When last we check, they were getting ready to disband fairy tail after just one more incident. If they did not disband fairy tail after what happened on their island would that threat really be relevant 7 years later? i mean that would mean that fairy tail went 7 years without doing anything serious and thus probably deserving of some lee way... though who knows, maybe they were disbanded and romeo is the LAST of fairy tail

Raven tail- Now this is a pretty big one. Last we checked on Ivan he was planning on stealing the power implanted into Laxus that gives him his lightning dragon slayer powers. This was never really pursued; Laxus is now gone and even he returns it doesn't feel as relevant; i mean you would think ivan would have came up with a new money making scheme.

Furthermore Ivan was planning on destroying fail tail. Would he really not have found his chance in the 7 years after ALL of fairy tail's strongest members disappeared? Again, he might not have a point to attack if fairy tail fell apart on its own during the 7 years, but again, it feels like a plot thread that loss relevance.

Also we had Gajeel spying on raven tail. How relevant is that spying after 7 years? there's no telling how much raven tail may have changed. And even if he were to return, would Ivan still retain trust in him after he's been hanging with fairy tail for 7 years. afterall ivan thought he hated fairy tail with a fiery passion and as such would never be able to stand "playing the good guy" for all those years.

Not to mention the number 7 has had a alot of significance but now its been 14 years since the dragons disappeared and Lucy's mom died

Hell i might even bring up charlie's premonition... like we were talking about last chapter, that premonition didn't amount to much. I mean she had a vision about a whole bunch of unimportant things but did not see the gigantic doom dragon?! makes me think mashima originally had a different idea for that premonition and what we got was a half-assed version of what he originally intended when he started this arc

All of that felt like stuff that would become a whole lot relevant after a 7 year time skip. Makes me wonder if maybe Mashima started getting the idea that fans were loosing interest, that the serious was essentially becoming repetitive and predicable. And thus he came up with this time skip to breathe new life into the series. Make a huge event which is big and eye catching and will fill readers with curiosity, and allow all the leading characters to disappear so that someone new (who has unlimited chances for development) to take over for awhile.

This wouldn't be the first time I felt this way... like in the case of Lisanna. I still believe that Mashima never originally planned to bring her back, but only did so because she gained a nice boost in popularity after her filler appearances in the anime.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-10-02 at 11:03.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 11:38   Link #6287
zaeraal

I agree that this wasn't planned beforehand. I think he did it because of anime catching up to manga.
They way he writes now, he would never be able to finish next arc before the anime, so he forced the time travel, to give anime a canon ending.
But the real question is, what will anime do?

As there are 4 possibilities:
1. - Negima path - they will end it completly, maybe make some fillers and that's it.
2. - K. Hitman Reborn path- they will make open ending, but it's unlikely that they will ever return back.
3. - Bleach path - make 2 full seasons worth of filler to let manga make new arcs and then continue the story.
4. - Gintama path - they will take a break (year or longer, one year = 2 full seasons) and then continue
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 14:28   Link #6288
haegar
mangaviking

I'da favour either a true filler arc or a break over the other more half-hearted approaches. Though I do think they might go with filler-arc: FT anime is doing nicely, there are still some manga extra chaps they might draw on and the Ft characters in general offer more opportunity for comedy style fillers than say Bleach or Naruto imho...Well, we shall cross that bridge when we come to it
Old 2011-10-02, 14:47   Link #6289
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Fumoffu style filler is the best.

But to be honest I don't watch the anime, so whatever.
Old 2011-10-02, 14:49   Link #6290
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
But to be honest I don't watch the anime, so whatever.
I stopped watching after the Nirvana arc aired. Not a conscious decision or anything. It just happened.
Old 2011-10-02, 15:01   Link #6291
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
What the problem with the seven years ?
You look like shocked ... But Claymore did the same thing.
Yes, seven years, seven years, we have two jump of seven years in Claymore too : The first between Young Clare and Claymore Clare, the second with Claymore Clare and the new generation of Claymores.
It's the same here ... XD
And i remember Clare and the others were not that powerful after the seven years ... (yes, they needed to run when Riful was coming)
Claymore had a good excuse for that, they had to hide and improve.

But here I don't see a single reason for Fairy Tail members to be abscent for 7 years.
Old 2011-10-02, 15:10   Link #6292
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But here I don't see a single reason for Fairy Tail members to be abscent for 7 years.
There isn't a reason to have a reason either...
Old 2011-10-02, 15:15   Link #6293
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Claymore had a good excuse for that, they had to hide and improve.

Amnesia?

Spoiler for Maybe... (prepare yourself for some crazy speculation):

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 15:18   Link #6294
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh good one, I support the Amnesia idea... even though the odds of it happening are kind of low.
Old 2011-10-02, 15:21   Link #6295
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

If anyone has played FF6; its kind of the same as what is happening right now.
Old 2011-10-02, 16:50   Link #6296
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I'm gonna have to see how he plays it out before I conclude that he didn't plan the timeskip. Maybe he has some crazy ideas, and surprise us.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 17:23   Link #6297
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I'm gonna have to see how he plays it out before I conclude that he didn't plan the timeskip. Maybe he has some crazy ideas, and surprise us.
The universal problem with crazy ideas in writing: it takes 10x times the amount of time you first imagine them tacking. No really...

So yeah, unless he had a complete writer's block this timeskip is long time coming.
Old 2011-10-02, 19:19   Link #6298
kitten320

Even if it is amnesia, all of them could not be totally hidden from council and dark guilds through thout 7 years unless they were living on some forgotten island =/
Old 2011-10-02, 19:52   Link #6299
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Next chapter: Mashima just draws a giant trollface in each page.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 20:49   Link #6300
immblueversion

I just realized my amnesia theory may lead to an interesting plot point.

Suppose at least Gajeel gets amnesia, and then he remembers something: his conversations with Iwan as if he were spying on Fairy Tail, causing him to believe he actually is spying on them and thus becoming their enemy once again. This could very well lead into a battle with his former companions to make him remember that his loyalties truly lie with Fairy Tail, ultimately strengthening the trust he has made with them. Of course, everyone else would first have to understand the whole picture for themselves, and at this point, only Makarov seems to do so. So he'd better not die now...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen