AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-01, 03:22   Link #1381
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I'm losing to this anime..... Must have Nekochan!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 05:04   Link #1382
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I tried to watch the first episode. . .

First the bad Engirsh

the "trying too hard to be cool "slow walking scenes"

the "Sword of Damocles" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(that almost made me delete this show right there.)

the nail in the coffin was the nonsense scene of that one girl chasing the silver head dude around, and all of a sudden *INSERT RANDOM NAKED GIRL TO KEEP YOU WATCHING* after that I just clicked delete.

such a shame too as the animation was amazing, but the show itself just seemed insulting. 1/10 (10 points for the animation, -9 for "Sword of Damocles")
Er wait. So Japanese people speaking English that is grammatically correct, just with a Japanese accent immediately becomes Engrish? Kusanagi isn't even an American or English man. Him speaking with an English accent will just be odd and fake.

Also seriously, you have something wrong with the "Sword of Damocles"? The Damocles Swords in this show are swords that hang in the air that give an individual power, but will also eventually fall down and kill said individual, just like the Sword of Damocles in the legend. How is that weird?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 07:05   Link #1383
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm kind of surprised that no one has mentioned this.

But I thought those mice acting exactly like Scepter 4 and HOMRA respectively was absolutely adorable.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 07:21   Link #1384
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I´ve only watched three episodes, and it has lots of potensial. However, that Neko-chick completely ruins it for me. I have never ever come across a more (potensionally waste of space?) character my whole life with a pitch of a voice killing my ears. Its a damn shame. I wish she could just stay a cat and shut the fuck up.
Old 2012-12-01, 09:16   Link #1385
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
I´ve only watched three episodes, and it has lots of potensial. However, that Neko-chick completely ruins it for me. I have never ever come across a more (potensionally waste of space?) character my whole life with a pitch of a voice killing my ears. Its a damn shame. I wish she could just stay a cat and shut the fuck up.
hhahaahaha yeeeeesssss
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 11:56   Link #1386
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Spoiler for Gold King:

Then...

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-01, 13:02   Link #1387
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Then...

Spoiler:
maybe...
Spoiler:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 13:04   Link #1388
-Necromancer-
Otaku

I need to know, who are the bad guy(s)? xD they all seem violent or in the wrong in different situations?
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 13:29   Link #1389
hai_san

Good ep 9, finally i get the feeling that the story advance.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 16:57   Link #1390
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Then...

Spoiler:
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. After all, the Gold King was known as the strongest.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 20:08   Link #1391
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Necromancer- View Post
I need to know, who are the bad guy(s)? xD they all seem violent or in the wrong in different situations?
The only "villain" so far in the story that seems to be a full-blown villain is Totsuka's killer, whose identity we don't even know. Every side otherwise has their own motivations, and their own sympathies.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 23:47   Link #1392
Seihai
スマイリウム

Totsuka's killer makes a great villain. Why? Because he pisses me off so much. The connections to German history are very interesting, I'm glad that they kept the German language at a minimum though. It sounded... very weird. And finally, things are going to heat up next time. It feels like the plot is slowly coming together... good stuff. Also I'm warming up to the ED, kinda late, but I needed some time to get used to it and now it's quite a treat. Not Neko, I mean the music.
Old 2012-12-02, 06:54   Link #1393
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Japan, here's one thing you should know: Real Germans don't have obvious Japanese accents.
Old 2012-12-02, 14:17   Link #1394
kuromitsu

I finally watched the episode and it was pretty good, and BUNNIES and FOXES and TINY WHITE MICE and all that... But again I can't follow the theories. Why does everyone insist that Shiro must be "the real Weissmann"? Their swords don't look alike at all... Poor Shiro, everyone wants him to be some other character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Japan, here's one thing you should know: Real Germans don't have obvious Japanese accents.
Then again, there are very few Japanese seiyuu who speak fluent German. (Ironically enough, Weissman's seiyuu Kakihara Tetsuya can speak fluent German, having lived in Germany for much of his life.)

I know heavily accented [insert language here] sounds weird, but must people make such a big deal out of it every time it happens in anime? :/ They can't exactly pick up tourists from the street to voice act in a show, not even for a few sentences,* and the target audience doesn't really care anyway. And seriously, how is this any more ridiculous than say, Lucy Liu's attempts at Japanese in Kill Bill?

(*And when they do put some effort into it people still don't appreciate it, re: Senkou no night raid. They went through the trouble to find native speakers to voice most of the foreign characters, and coach the main characters in the languages involved, yet people continued to bitch about how much Yoshino Hiroyuki and Namikawa Daisuke sucked at Chinese/German/Russian. And as for the native speakers, it was a perfect example of why you can't just pick people from the street to voice act.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-12-02 at 16:04.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:09   Link #1395
MAX_COLA_POWER!

YEah my video player's being a jerk, can anyone tell me what Neko moe scenes were present in the latest episode?
Old 2012-12-02, 17:29   Link #1396
kuromitsu

There were none. The main trio weren't in the ep (at least not on screen, we saw some of Neko's magic).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 17:32   Link #1397
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
YEah my video player's being a jerk, can anyone tell me what Neko moe scenes were present in the latest episode?
no Neko in latest episode.

I've been thinking and I really wonder about the Colorless King. How is a King chosen? I know the novels more or less said something about that but can the power randomly go to some person? I'm sure Kuro's master didn't want someone like Totsuka's killer to be his successor. And how can some kind of spirit become King?
Old 2012-12-02, 17:46   Link #1398
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I finally watched the episode and it was pretty good, and BUNNIES and FOXES and TINY WHITE MICE and all that... But again I can't follow the theories. Why does everyone insist that Shiro must be "the real Weissmann"? Their swords don't look alike at all... Poor Shiro, everyone wants him to be some other character.

Then again, there are very few Japanese seiyuu who speak fluent German. (Ironically enough, Weissman's seiyuu Kakihara Tetsuya can speak fluent German, having lived in Germany for much of his life.)

I know heavily accented [insert language here] sounds weird, but must people make such a big deal out of it every time it happens in anime? :/ They can't exactly pick up tourists from the street to voice act in a show, not even for a few sentences,* and the target audience doesn't really care anyway. And seriously, how is this any more ridiculous than say, Lucy Liu's attempts at Japanese in Kill Bill?

(*And when they do put some effort into it people still don't appreciate it, re: Senkou no night raid. They went through the trouble to find native speakers to voice most of the foreign characters, and coach the main characters in the languages involved, yet people continued to bitch about how much Yoshino Hiroyuki and Namikawa Daisuke sucked at Chinese/German/Russian. And as for the native speakers, it was a perfect example of why you can't just pick people from the street to voice act.)
Well, I don't watch many animes where other languages are implied to be used by native speakers. The only other time I recall was Black Lagoon, where everyone is implied to be speaking English translated for the viewer's convenience. Which was kind of jarring when Revy started speaking broken English.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:52   Link #1399
GDB

Quote:
As if they're going to hire actual germans just to make their one to two minute segment super authentic.

Quote:
Well, I don't watch many animes where other languages are implied to be used by native speakers.
I got over it from Detective Conan. The supposed American-born FBI agent speaks with a thicker Japanese accent than the guy who's supposed to be from Osaka, with a heavy Osa-ben accent (done by Ryo Horikawa, which is why he sound so absolutely fluent in english).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 18:09   Link #1400
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, no wonder my player didn't wanna load. It was indirectly telling me, don't watch this week, there's no Neko. Although the new developments are interesting enough.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural