AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 21:10   Link #61
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
In any case, I do hope that Madoka Yonezawa and Yoriko Nagata (Setsuna's and Koharu's seiyuus in WA2, respectively) don't get too much flak from having had to make (censored) noises for the original game, and that their fortunes will improve after the entire WA2 anime has aired.
Wow, this thread has actually degenerated into an Eroge seiyuu thread.

To put it bluntly, Yonezawa Madoka has done a lot more eroge roles since WA2 (according to some websites, Wa2 is probably her first role for eroges) while still landing some anime roles from time to time.

As for Nagata Yoriko, she has been doing voices in eroge since 2006 >_>
And even some non die-hard seiyuu fans can link her possible connection with eroges because of her role in Koihime Musou.
I don't think that being an eroge seiyuu has effected her in either getting more or less roles (seeing that she hardly had any roles before 2006). Likewise i think this is also true for Yonezawa Madoka.

Last edited by hyl; 2013-04-16 at 21:26.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 22:01   Link #62
Kirayuki

Quote:
Funny, I would think someone like Akira Ishida hasn't had his professional prospects diminished by his participation in H-OVAs.
Because being active on one is not the contributing factor at getting roles (especially for males). It's only problematic when someone make a deal about working in 18+ works, hence the use of alias. Even though you know that it was him voicing, as long the name on the paper is different nobody can really do anything against that person.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 22:10   Link #63
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Wow, this thread has actually degenerated into an Eroge seiyuu thread.
Well, every seiyuu who was in the original game (which was an eroge) is by definition an eroge seiyuu. Almost all of them will be reprising their roles in this series, so it's still relevant.

Quote:
To put it bluntly, Yonezawa Madoka has done a lot more eroge roles since WA2 (according to some websites, Wa2 is probably her first role for eroges) while still landing some anime roles from time to time.
Here's a picture I found that commemorates Yonezawa's "transition":

For those not in the know, it takes a well-known CG from the WA2 game where Setsuna is singing karaoke, and puts you-know-who into Setsuna's place.

I'm also glad that otaku who are angry at Yonezawa "losing her vocal virginity" or who think "Dude, she made (censored) noises?! Unforgivable!" aren't anywhere near the majority.

Quote:
As for Nagata Yoriko, she has been doing voices in eroge since 2006 >_> And even some non die-hard seiyuu fans can link her possible connection with eroges because of her role in Koihime Musou. I don't think that being an eroge seiyuu has affected her in either getting more or less roles (seeing that she hardly had any roles before 2006). Likewise I think this is also true for Yonezawa Madoka.
Let me guess, because Yonezawa and Nagata weren't made anywhere near as popular and famous as "the big five of K-ON!" (being Aki Toyosaki, Minako Kotobuki, Youko Hikasa, Satomi Satou, and Ayana Taketatsu) by K-ON!, they felt no particular reason to preserve their "pure" image, and went into eroge roles. Well, I hope they continue contributing their vocal talents to eroge. Rina Satou (who played Yuuki Kusakabe in To Heart 2, a seminal Leaf title) for her own part seems to have stopped doing so ever since she shot to stardom as Mikoto Misaka in TAMNI and its sister series.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 22:16   Link #64
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I am not going to repeat everything what i have said before in an eroge seiyuu thread several months ago
But in short: people needs to earn money for their living and not every seiyuu can be or stay popular to get roles every season. Some seiyuu's take roles for eroges just as a way to earn money.

As for your comment on Satou Rina, nonsense. She was still heard in Majikoi S and more recently Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai as Miyu

And i am not going to comment on "purity" and "vocal virginity", because i don't actually believe in it.
*edit:Come to think of it, this subject sounds rather familar. I think something similar was discussed in an eroge reviewing blog more than 1 year ago.*

Also this will be my last comment on this subject, because i already felt 2 posts prior to this one that it was derailing this thread.
Otherwise take it to this old thread from 1 year ago
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110697

Last edited by hyl; 2013-04-16 at 22:35.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 22:41   Link #65
Mazryonh

Quote:
I am not going to repeat everything what i have said before in an eroge seiyuu thread several months ago.
Thanks, but it seems not many people had much good information to contribute to that thread. (Which character did Rina Satou play in Majikoi again?)

I hope we can get some new updates about this show soon. Any sign of a seiyuu radio show for this, or are those reserved only while the show is airing and shortly thereafter?
Old 2013-04-17, 01:41   Link #66
larethian

Quote:

Let me guess, because Yonezawa and Nagata weren't made anywhere near as popular and famous as "the big five of K-ON!" (being Aki Toyosaki, Minako Kotobuki, Youko Hikasa, Satomi Satou, and Ayana Taketatsu) by K-ON!, they felt no particular reason to preserve their "pure" image, and went into eroge roles. Well, I hope they continue contributing their vocal talents to eroge. Rina Satou (who played Yuuki Kusakabe in To Heart 2, a seminal Leaf title) for her own part seems to have stopped doing so ever since she shot to stardom as Mikoto Misaka in TAMNI and its sister series.
Cough, sorry ,you are wrong on that. Her most recent appearance as a sub-heroine character in Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai:
http://www.august-soft.com/daito/character07.html
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 05:55   Link #67
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Cough, sorry ,you are wrong on that. Her most recent appearance as a sub-heroine character in Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai
I'm almost afraid to ask whether Rina Satou actually makes (censored) noises in that game or if she just plays a minor character without a route (or any "winning sequences") of her own.

Oh well, I'm sure that if new info about this series isn't forthcoming, this thread will go quiet until it does. What about those among our users who are Japanese-fluent, though? Have they found any info about this series that hasn't been translated to English yet?
Old 2013-04-17, 07:17   Link #68
Kirayuki

Quote:
I'm almost afraid to ask whether Rina Satou actually makes (censored) noises in that game or if she just plays a minor character without a route (or any "winning sequences") of her own.
She did, Daito has sub-heroine routes. To be straightforward, excluding 2 minor characters you can bang every named girl there.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 16:34   Link #69
Mazryonh

While we wait for more information, here's some art to tide us all over.

Images
Kazusa-chan looks forward to seeing you at the Houjou Gakuen Festival Concert
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-18, 21:52   Link #70
sky black swordman

^ I will definitely be there, Kazusa-san !
Old 2013-04-19, 19:28   Link #71
Mazryonh

Images
Setsuna-chan warming up her voice before this series airs

In a way this reminds me of the scene from the White Album 1 anime where Rina Ogata drags Touya to a piano studio so she can warm up her voice singing her scales.
Old 2013-04-26, 04:07   Link #72
Mazryonh

Images
Mari Kazaoka-san a little miffed that she's not going to be in the first season of this show.

Don't worry, Mari-san. Some of us will be very glad to see you make your debut in animation.

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2013-05-06 at 18:49.
Old 2013-05-06, 18:50   Link #73
Mazryonh

So how long will we have to wait until new information? Is there a website for the anime adaptation already? When might a PV be released? Are they just going to re-release the seiyuu song CDs already produced for the games or are they going to make new ones?
Old 2013-05-07, 00:27   Link #74
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

There is a site for it but I think there won't be any PVs soon cause it's a bit early for this.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:53   Link #75
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Official radio for WA2: http://www.onsen.ag/program/wa2/index.html
Old 2013-05-12, 23:19   Link #76
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
This doesn't appear to be for the radio show. And besides, it appears they've implemented a background IP address blocker to shut out anyone not using a Japanese IP address; the stream audio never plays for me.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:26   Link #77
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Quote:
This doesn't appear to be for the radio show. And besides, it appears they've implemented a background IP address blocker to shut out anyone not using a Japanese IP address; the stream audio never plays for me.
Ah, the IP blocker. Unfortunately, it's not available on nicodo.

You can find the mp3 link with Onsen downloader, and use a Japanese proxy to download it.

This week's link is here.
Old 2013-05-13, 20:46   Link #78
Mazryonh

Quote:
Ah, the IP blocker. Unfortunately, it's not available on nicodo.
Damn, I wonder if this is a result of the feminist uproar about Japanese eroge industry (which the industry tried to clamp down on by blocking foreign IPs to many eroge developer's websites).

In any case, it's extremely unlikely that these radio shows will be translated (since the demand isn't anywhere near what it is for anime shows). They can talk about some pretty crazy things, such as how Mamiko Noto went on a radio show to tell the listeners that a piece of her underwear had "ridden the wind."

One thing I'd like to see happen would be for Nana Mizuki to guest on this show. She and Madoka Yonezawa sang some of the same songs for the White Album franchise, such as Sound of Destiny. If Yoriko Nagata ends up being a guest on the show (if she already hasn't done so), it'd be cool if Nagata and Yonezawa made some K-ON references or did some skits together.

Or are previous works that seiyuus have worked together on one of those things you can't mention on seiyuu radio shows for specific shows or games?
Old 2013-05-14, 22:07   Link #79
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Mizuki has nothing to do with WA2, so I doubt she'll be on. Nagata probably will. She hasn't yet. They generally avoid explicitly saying any brands/titles that the sponsoring companies do not own, but references are fine. The radio is pretty fun on its own though. Radios with Nabatame as a host tend to be pretty interesting.
Old 2013-05-15, 20:31   Link #80
Mazryonh

Quote:
Mizuki has nothing to do with WA2, so I doubt she'll be on.
I see, I thought that since she sings songs similar to what Yonezawa did for WA2 it'd be interesting to hear them talk about it. She is, after all, someone who's been training for singing ever since she was 13 years of age, at least.

Quote:
Nagata probably will. She hasn't yet. They generally avoid explicitly saying any brands/titles that the sponsoring companies do not own, but references are fine.
I see, so they won't mention K-ON's Kyoto Animation studio or song titles (since those songs aren't owned by Aquaplus) then even if she appears. That's too bad, because I thought it would be nice for Nagata and Yonezawa to sing together in a K-ON song duet.

Quote:
The radio is pretty fun on its own though. Radios with Nabatame as a host tend to be pretty interesting.
You can tell it's fun because you can understand it. Without subs the rest of us can't, sadly. Maybe you could tell us what kind of "fun stuff" they were doing during the show?

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical