AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-10, 09:58   Link #241
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Ah, so no wonder Yui-chan was doing Bruce Lee impressions in Sawa-chan's trailer for "Za Kei On Bu!"

Nicely matched!!

And yes, I am aware that Bruce Lee practices Kung Fu (Jeet Kun Do, to be exact), not Karate.
Old 2010-11-10, 16:24   Link #242
azunyachan

K-On the movie

I hope its not like Gundam movies where they show snippets of the past episodes.

I hope its not like the awful The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi - its mostly based on Back to the Future movies.

In the movie:
I wonder if Mio, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi & Azunya get to go to play in Budokan?
I wonder if Mio, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi told Azynya where they would dream to play?

I wonder if the viewer ever get to see Mugichan home?
I wonder how the other girls react say staying overnight - it would be similar to the scene Sailor Moon Super S having tea with very expensive teacups & breaking one of them & acting very nervous handling them...

I wonder if the movie will answer the question of why Ritsu's younger brother was shy and bashful when the other girls Mio, Yui, Mugi & Azynya came to visit?

I wonder if Ritsu's brother know about K-On and has interest in their music?

I wonder if Ritsu will ever get a boyfriend?

I wonder if the girls were wonder becoming an idol?
One of the girls met one requirement - no boyfriends
Other requirements: no dance club, no smoking...

I know that the girls play songs for girls, but what about the boys?
How are they going to play in Budokan w/o boys having interest in their music?

I wonder if there are any more secrets from their teacher?
It would be a surprise that their teacher used to attend at the same college/university the girls are about be enrolled in.

I am sure the movie will start off with how Azunya and the other 2 girls react after the other 4 have left, who will become president of the club, what songs they come up with, how to recruit other members...

meanwhile how the 4 girls manage in the college/university - will they end up living together in a dorm, will they drop out, what majors end up taking, will they break up, will they form a reunion, how will they perform, anyone performing solo, will azunya & Ui enroll in the same college/university...

There would be a strange flashback, what if K-On never existed?
Mio - literature club or try out sports club
Mugi - choir club or mystery club
Azunya - Jazz club, probably drop out to go solo
Ritsu - attend every boys club like baseball
Yui - ?
Ui - girls club

Fast Forward,
will the girls ever break up & later form a reunion?
any of them going solo?
any of them planning to get a boyfriend & marry & have kids & become a homemaker?
any of them becoming a professional musician?
any of them becoming a lesbian Mio & Yui?
any of them become a single like their teacher?
Mio & Ritsu performing manzai?
Ritsu a sex change to a boy?
will they be on the road the entire time?
will they form a maid cafe on the side?

Since its an all girls band,
it would be silly that Ritsu's brother accidentally has interest in the music..
in order for him to attend at one of the concerts - he would dressup as a girl, learn how to walk & act like a girl
of course Mugi would have a hunch about Ritsu's brother and catch him in the act

another instance while Ritsu was away attending college/university
Ritsu's brother and his friend would sneak into Ritsu's room and accidentally find one of the CD & play back & give to others by making copies.
If all the boys have interest in the music & wanted to attend upcoming concert, dress up & act like girls.

I wonder how Kyoto Animation going fit & answer all the viewer's questions into one movie?
If there would be a season 3, it would probably be very short say less than 7 episodes to answer all the viewer's curiosity...to see what happens next.

I wonder what Kyoto Animation show next:

The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Haruhi shorts on youtube
The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi 2
The disappearance of suzumiya haruhi movie
Haruhi live in concert

Lucky Star
Lucky Star OVA
Lucky Star live in Budokan

K-On!
K-On! Uraon B Side Theatre - 7
K-On live in Budokan
K-On OVA
K-On!!
K-On!! Uraon B Side Theatre - 8?
K-On movie

The next Moe for 2011 & beyond?
Old 2010-11-10, 17:05   Link #243
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by azunyachan View Post
*snip lotsa crazytalk*
I know that the girls play songs for girls, but what about the boys?
What makes you say that? I've never gotten the impression that HTT's music was intended for a strictly female audience. I mean yes, with them going to an all girls school and all that will obviously be the bulk of their audience strictly due to circumstance but I don't think their music is particularly... girly. Fluffy Mio-lyrics aside, perhaps...
Old 2010-11-10, 17:31   Link #244
Taufiq91

And like i've said:

I can see HTT is one of those bands that would get millions of Youtube/Nico Douga hits if they had their stuff posted on Youtube, making them the Japanese equivalents of Gregson Chance or MysteryGuitar Man, or maybe the rock music version of Magibon.

I'd like to see that aspect shown in the movie. Them being Internet famous Youtube/Facebook musicians and getting acolades and gigs thanks to that.
Old 2010-11-10, 18:22   Link #245
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

ahh! can't wait for the movie..and i don't have any idea what it will be about.. and i feel quite uneasy about those two rumored new characters. i'm just so hoping that they're cute girls.XD i wanna see a headbandless ritsu in the movie! and then i'd fall in love all over again.L0L. ah..BUDOKAN...
Old 2010-11-10, 21:20   Link #246
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I would really like to see Yui's Gorgeous Young Mom, who is absent in the anime-adaptation, appear in the movie...
Old 2010-11-11, 12:43   Link #247
azunyachan

K-On in 3d

There are 2 short youtube clips featuring Azusa Nakano in 3D with a live person.
The first clip when Azunya wakes up from the bed and a masked man setup a table and were having a conversation.
The 2nd clip - Azunya was shaking (possible tech glitch) and was then able to wave her hand and stand up in someone's bedroom.
The clips are well hidden and buried.

I wonder if NHK New Year live concert will feature Mio, Yui, Ritsu, Mugi, Azunya live in 3d w/o the audience wearing glasses & prove its live, no editing & not previously recorded. Also, having the voice actresses along side with the 3D char.

Instead of having the voice actresses singing live & ab lib playing their instruments like in the concert.
Also, instead of having in costume with face masks and in sync with the song.
Old 2010-11-11, 13:35   Link #248
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hmm, or better yet:

Has anyone seen that Holographic Hatsune Miku concert?

Apply that to Afterschool Tea Time with Motion Capture technology... Who said Holograms can't interact with the audience now?
Old 2010-11-15, 07:24   Link #249
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hmm, or better yet:

Apply that to Afterschool Tea Time with Motion Capture technology... Who said Holograms can't interact with the audience now?
I liked that idea.

But since this is about Movie Speculation...

How about a scene where Yui attempts to kiss the screen...in 3D!
Old 2010-11-16, 11:28   Link #250
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

A photo of the premiere audience's reaction would be priceless....

.... of course I'd be there too. If only you can hug a 3D image back.
Old 2010-11-21, 11:33   Link #251
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I liked that idea.

But since this is about Movie Speculation...

How about a scene where Yui attempts to kiss the screen...in 3D!
That would be hilarious XD
Old 2010-11-21, 21:41   Link #252
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hmm, or better yet:

That would be pretty wicked. It would be interesting to see how they would set 5 glass panels on stage.. I also think it wouldn't be "live" if you take out the live instruments which Miku had real people playing in the background.
Old 2010-12-06, 06:43   Link #253
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Any news about the progress so far? Sigh...KyoAni's very...very silent about this =[
Old 2010-12-06, 07:01   Link #254
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Any news about the progress so far? Sigh...KyoAni's very...very silent about this =[
Good heavens, they're working on Nichijou right now. KyoAni tends to work on projects serially, so I wouldn't expect to hear much about the K-On! movie until Nichijou is well into its run.
Old 2010-12-06, 09:53   Link #255
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/disc/disc_2.html

http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-7535.html

People on 2ch have been worried about recent K-On! official artworks(e.g. the bluray volume 7 cover), which seem to be deviating from Yukiko Horiguchi's original character designs. One poster commented that the characters, especially their eyes are drawn a lot like those in Kyoani's next project, Nichijou.

Looks like what happened to Haruhi season 2 is happening now to K-On's artworks. Let's hope the OVA next year and the K-On! movie are not animated with 'Nichijou eyes'.
Old 2010-12-07, 02:41   Link #256
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

People on 2ch have been worried about recent K-On! official artworks(e.g. the bluray volume 7 cover), which seem to be deviating from Yukiko Horiguchi's original character designs. One poster commented that the characters, especially their eyes are drawn a lot like those in Kyoani's next project, Nichijou.

Looks like what happened to Haruhi season 2 is happening now to K-On's artworks. Let's hope the OVA next year and the K-On! movie are not animated with 'Nichijou eyes'.

oh my god! NOOOO!!!

i love how yukiko drew the eyes for k-on, but dang... I don't like how that 7th BD was drawn. DX yeah, the eyes do resemble nichijou's.. i hope this doesn't continue.. yukiko might be losing her touch or somebody did it.. DX
Old 2010-12-07, 04:56   Link #257
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

hmmmm... speculations about the movie? uhm, seriously i have no idea:

oh wait, maybe i do. i'm thinking of this:

the movie starts off with Yui waking up, and Ui telling "sis, you're late. hurry up!" then, she grabs a toast and falls and slips. then some clips from the old episodes (about half an hour). a couple of flashbacks(don't know how long), and the main part (again don't know how long).

this is what will happen to the girls, probably:

Mio: probably goes out with ritsu

Ritsu: the same, and they talk about their childhood years.

Yui: would be turned emo without azunyan (to the dismay of many fans). and she draws ever closer to heavy metal..

Mugi: will train in a super top secret training base to become a rich and attractive female spy and detective.

Azunyan: now rthe new president of the light music club. and she is working her butt off practicing, with the new members of the club.

Nodoka: becomes top at her class, without Yui on the way.

Ui: will miss her sister so much, that she becomes emo also (i'm killing myself).

and at the end, a huge angry mob draws out their torches and giant fork things and go straight to tbs.

FIN

(seriously, that was a joke, to amuse myself, but still, it has a chance of happening)

but seriously, i would speculate that this movie will be a good one, and i'll wait for it.
Old 2010-12-07, 07:54   Link #258
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
hmmmm... speculations about the movie? uhm, seriously i have no idea:

oh wait, maybe i do. i'm thinking of this:

the movie starts off with Yui waking up, and Ui telling "sis, you're late. hurry up!" then, she grabs a toast and falls and slips. then some clips from the old episodes (about half an hour). a couple of flashbacks(don't know how long), and the main part (again don't know how long).

this is what will happen to the girls, probably:

Mio: probably goes out with ritsu

Ritsu: the same, and they talk about their childhood years.

Yui: would be turned emo without azunyan (to the dismay of many fans). and she draws ever closer to heavy metal..

Mugi: will train in a super top secret training base to become a rich and attractive female spy and detective.

Azunyan: now rthe new president of the light music club. and she is working her butt off practicing, with the new members of the club.

Nodoka: becomes top at her class, without Yui on the way.

Ui: will miss her sister so much, that she becomes emo also (i'm killing myself).

and at the end, a huge angry mob draws out their torches and giant fork things and go straight to tbs.

FIN

(seriously, that was a joke, to amuse myself, but still, it has a chance of happening)

but seriously, i would speculate that this movie will be a good one, and i'll wait for it.
Haha on the idea. If the movie DOES turn like this though, I'm gonna have to blame you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Good heavens, they're working on Nichijou right now. KyoAni tends to work on projects serially, so I wouldn't expect to hear much about the K-On! movie until Nichijou is well into its run.
That explains the Nichijou eyes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

"What goes around comes around."
First Haruhi then K-ON whahahahah! *evil KyoAni laugh*

Meh...I don't mind. =P I liked Haruhi, so its K-ONification was a bit fine.
So...the Nichijouification of K-ON!! is fine as long as Nichijou would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
oh my god! NOOOO!!!

i love how yukiko drew the eyes for k-on, but dang... I don't like how that 7th BD was drawn. DX yeah, the eyes do resemble nichijou's.. i hope this doesn't continue.. yukiko might be losing her touch or somebody did it.. DX
Yukiko's...just him. He probably did the Haruhi designs as the K-ON designs were on-going. Yukiko cannot retain multiple facial styles if that's the case. sigh.

I'm not afraid for the movie, but rather I'm afraid of Nichijou. I hope KyoAni knows what he's doing. I don't want Black Sheeps in the KyoAni hierarchy.
Old 2010-12-07, 08:05   Link #259
Taufiq91

Here's my idea for the movie plot instead:

Yui Hirasawa plays in a college band which aspires to success. She dates Yatsui Hirano, a high-school student two years her junior, and she hasn't recovered from missing her former best friend Azusa, now a success with her own band. When yui falls for Kenso Yamashi, she has trouble breaking up with Yatsui and tries to romance Kenso. As if juggling two boys wasn't enough, Kenso comes with baggage: seven ex-girlfriends, with each of whom Yui must do battle to the death in order to win Kenso's heart.

/yes, i stole that from Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. But hey, Scott Pilgrim is how a K-On movie should look like.
Old 2010-12-07, 08:15   Link #260
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yukiko's...just him. He probably did the Haruhi designs as the K-ON designs were on-going. Yukiko cannot retain multiple facial styles if that's the case. sigh.
Haruhi's Character design was done by Ikeda Shouko. Horiguchi Yukiko were involved in Haruhi too but as the animation director

I personally think that a long wait for the movie would be fine since I don't want K-ON! to end so soon XD
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life