AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 13:18   Link #61
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 5

Nice episode. After two lackluster episodes, it's nice to see the series jump back to form. The new ship design is really cool - reminiscent of Thunderbirds designs. Nice to see more licensed car mecha designs used as training bots, and a brand new villain! The new enemy Gyrozetter is designed by Kawamori too! Looks like next week we're going to have the first real major battle with Gyrozetter pairs fighting on both fronts. Can't wait!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:51   Link #62
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

For those of you wondering where you can check the progress of Gyrozetter subs, sage is the name of the sub group working on this, and up to episode 2 of Gyrozetter has been translated. They appear behind schedule on the third episode.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 18:05   Link #63
DangerMouse

Yeah, still looking forward to the next ep getting subbed
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 08:50   Link #64
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 6

As expected, this episode was action packed, with a battle on two fronts. Kakeru and Shunsuke vs Eraser-01, and Rinne returning to the campus to defend it against Toma. Pretty fun stuff, with lots of combat. It's nice to see that the AI-bots in Arcadia are also used for actual defense when Gyrozetters aren't around. The highlight of the episode for me is the new Kong Roader Gyrozetter. Ape mechs always have nice unique movements. It put on a better show than Raibird's new special attack this week imo.

Next week, the final (?) driver shows up: Satori! <3 <3
Old 2012-11-06, 10:04   Link #65
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 06 - A Certain Fantascientific Battle

Rinne may not have done much last week, but this week makes up for that. Seeing her fighting against Toma, at least, provided some same VA amusement. If Rinne's going to fight against Toma, she just needs to bite him in the head. Libird's new finisher was pretty awesome, if a bit stock footagey in the future. That's the expected territory with these things. Michi's new ride gave me some GT-02 vibes, especially since it attacked with a sound wave. For the show's first battle-heavy episode, it delivered some nice action in a way that didn't make the CGI too distracting. I can only see the battles getting bigger from here on out. There is one more name beneath Satori's on the Rosetta Stone thingy, so the show may have some surprises in store yet.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 02:42   Link #66
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Gyrozetter 06 - A Certain Fantascientific Battle

Rinne may not have done much last week, but this week makes up for that. Seeing her fighting against Toma, at least, provided some same VA amusement. If Rinne's going to fight against Toma, she just needs to bite him in the head. Libird's new finisher was pretty awesome, if a bit stock footagey in the future. That's the expected territory with these things. Michi's new ride gave me some GT-02 vibes, especially since it attacked with a sound wave. For the show's first battle-heavy episode, it delivered some nice action in a way that didn't make the CGI too distracting. I can only see the battles getting bigger from here on out. There is one more name beneath Satori's on the Rosetta Stone thingy, so the show may have some surprises in store yet.
Nice! Sounds good, also I like hearing that the show's first battle-heavy episode delivered well.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:33   Link #67
melina_putri

Episode 7

Haruka disguised as Satori and everyone believes she is the real Satori.
There is part showing they're definitely still students, Shunsuke getting depressed because he is only scored 99 on a test.
Shunsuke saw her sneaking to the laboratory but he is quickly convinced a bit of talking.
Haruka Gyrozetter name is Hippo Cannon and Satori Gyrozetter name is Anubia.

Xenon getting trolled again just like Episode 4, apparently the professor "Secret" file which Haruka stolen is "Nyan Nyan Paradise Love Love".

Next episode is about Kakeru and others become detectives and figure out about disappearance of AI car.

Edit: Looks like another group (Hikari Senshi) decided to do this series, I find their translation is quite good but they need to improve their editing.

Last edited by melina_putri; 2012-11-16 at 15:43.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 10:10   Link #68
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 07 - Tie Me Down, Kangaroo Archer

I couldn't put my finger on who Satori reminded me of at first, but after a bit of tapping around, I figured it out. She strongly resembles Tsuruko, at least on the surface. I'm going to need another episode to actually get to know her, because the "Satori" that was around for much of this episode was merely Haruka doing spy business. I think Shunsuke was the only one who suspected something was up at all. It was a good plan, it just got thwarted by circumstance and cats again. And the real Satori got some robot action.

I was curious about her mecha since I saw it in the OP. And as the review title states, it is indeed part archer, part kangaroo. I can say I haven't seen many mecha like that at all. Haruka's purple gun-toting thing is also pretty cool for an evil mecha, if a bit on the clunky side. Maybe it can go up against Kong Loader. I feel like I didn't learn much about Satori/Tsuruko, but this is episode 7 out of ~50ish, so there's plenty more time for that.
Old 2012-11-13, 18:16   Link #69
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 7

Yeah I really, really enjoyed this episode. Definitely my favorite episode so far. The entire scenario was really effective, and also very funny. Both the real Satori and the fake Satori had really fun moments this week, and the overall pace was really effective in relaxing the mood after the last two episodes, and also introducing the new character in a fun way. I liked the jokes this week a lot too. Funnier than usual. Satori's Gyrozetter is great too. I love the way the ears and tail animates as it moves. So cute! ^_^

Looks like we're getting another fun episode next week, with the boys playing detective and investigating the mysterious disappearance of AI Cars in the city. Fun!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I was curious about her mecha since I saw it in the OP. And as the review title states, it is indeed part archer, part kangaroo. I can say I haven't seen many mecha like that at all. Haruka's purple gun-toting thing is also pretty cool for an evil mecha, if a bit on the clunky side. Maybe it can go up against Kong Loader. I feel like I didn't learn much about Satori/Tsuruko, but this is episode 7 out of ~50ish, so there's plenty more time for that.
I'm pretty sure it's not a kangaroo, but a jackal instead. The Gyrozetter is called Anubia, which is clearly based on Anubis - the Egyptian god.

Last edited by duckroll; 2012-11-14 at 07:50. Reason: Damn typos!
Old 2012-11-13, 22:11   Link #70
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not a kangaroo, but a jackal instead. The Gyrozetter is called Abubia, which is clearly based on Anubis - the Egyptian god.
Huh. So I apparently missed that completely. It was early in the morning, and I saw the long ears and tail, but if it was a kangaroo, the build might have been a little different. My bad. Though an Anubis mecha is even cooler than a kangaroo.
Old 2012-11-20, 07:44   Link #71
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 8

Nice filler episode. Lots of good humor, and some developments between the characters as they investigate the mystery of the missing AI Cars. We also get to see how AI Cars are made when they visit a factory early in the episode. Fun stuff. I worry for Satori though, she has some serious issues with handling her daily life. Lolol.

Looking forward to another new enemy mech next week! I wonder when the giant dino robot in the OP will show up... ^^;
Old 2012-11-20, 10:51   Link #72
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 08 - Most Pickup Lines Are Car-Themed Anyway

As our first real outing with Satori, this was a nice episode, and one that will probably set the tone of the series for a while. Satori's insistence on fortune telling and lucky items are an interesting set of character traits, compared to the more practical Rinne. Shunsuke didn't do much this episode, but seeing Kakeru and Michi playing detective was a lot of fun. Finding out more about how the world works, by getting a look at the AI car factory, was nice. With so many episodes to kill, I can see them exploring lots of little details of the world like this. I think Sei will probably be playing a part in future episodes - all the other side cast has been well utilized.

On that note, Satori's VA, Arisa Kiyoto, hasn't had any other major roles besides this show, but she's doing a fine enough job as Satori. I wonder if she'll get a second or third major role somewhere down the line - always like seeing where newbie voice actors go.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:24   Link #73
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

New sub group. Up to Episode 5 is released, with Episode 6 on the way.

According to them, 1 and 2 from sagesubs is perfect and they won't be redoing those. You'll have to get 1 and 2 from sage, while 3 and on will be hosted by Hikari Senshi.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 17:30   Link #74
Midonin
Last Engage

Ah, I know that group. One of my friends works for it.
Old 2012-11-22, 22:45   Link #75
stardrago

Say, does anyone know when the full versions of the songs will be, like the opening "Let's Go" ?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 22:50   Link #76
Midonin
Last Engage

The OP single has already been released, though it's not anywhere just yet.
Old 2012-11-23, 02:12   Link #77
DangerMouse

Looks like it just came out on the 21st according to CDJapan's release date. Surprised it hasn't shown up yet, hopefully soon.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-11-23 at 02:43.
Old 2012-11-27, 08:25   Link #78
melina_putri

Still no sign of the OP single being uploaded somewhere even though the statistics shown it actually sold more compared to some CD singles which also released on 21st November like Sakurasou OP/ED and Robotics;Notes OP.

Episode 9

There is an appearance of Masahiko Kondo as a guest character before the OP in this episode.

This episode a bit boring for me compared to previous episode, probably because the story in this episode more simple, it is just about Kakeru lost his Gyrocommander and lacks of action, Xenon retreats as soon as the children with their Gyrozetter assembled.

Episode 10 looks promising though, Guiltice going to make its 2nd appearance and maybe Kakeru defeat for the 1st time.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 10:21   Link #79
Midonin
Last Engage

Gyrozetter 09 - Wonderful, Wonderful Merchandise

Masahiko Kondo's guest appearance, short as it was, was pretty cool. And the Commander just keeps getting more and more functions - now it has a battle simulator, too. Bandai's definitely putting all their cards on the table here. (And trying to sell them.) Most of this plot was all a big misunderstanding on Kakeru's part, but I'd say it was worth it for the new Orochi Zetter. It's got this cool curved look to it, and snake/hydra-based mecha aren't all that common. Not much of a point in Haruka showing up when she didn't do much, though I'm always glad to see Rinne do things. She's as much a healer as she is a fighter. Eraser-01 is probably the toughest of Xenon's crew, so I look forward to his and Kakeru's rematch next week.
Old 2012-11-27, 14:14   Link #80
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 9

Didn't really like this episode much. It was pretty dumb, and not as funny as it usually is on better episodes. The entire Gyro Commander thing was totally predictable, but also kinda boring. I liked the opening sequence where they were fighting in the simulator though. The new Orochi enemy design is pretty cool too, but the fight was lame.

I lol'd hard when I saw them pimping how cards work with the Gyro Commander, and then later blatantly advertising the game tournaments in the eyecatches. Truly shameless!

Oh well, next week looking like it could have a good fight!

Tags
a-1, square_enix