AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-10, 07:07   Link #301
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Hmm, almost thought Ann was performed by Kobayashi Yumiko in her coarse and gruffy "Black Start from Soul Eater mode"

But to my shock and surprise she was actually played by Kugimiya Rie, the queen of Tsunderes hereself!!

My, she has come a LONG way since Ms "Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up" from Shakugan No Shana and the cute and adorable Louise The Zero!!
Old 2014-05-10, 09:16   Link #302
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Ah....then just wondering stardust crusader dio versus pillar men and jotaro versus pillar men, who will win?
Those with stands unless Kars become the ultimate lifeform.
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 15:37   Link #303
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Punching that shit up

Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 16:39   Link #304
AntonKutovoi

Surely didn't expect to hear Rie Kugimiya as Runaway Girl. And Tessho Genda was awesome as Dark Blue Moon user.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 17:40   Link #305
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hmm, almost thought Ann was performed by Kobayashi Yumiko in her coarse and gruffy "Black Start from Soul Eater mode"

But to my shock and surprise she was actually played by Kugimiya Rie, the queen of Tsunderes hereself!!

My, she has come a LONG way since Ms "Shut Up Shut Up Shut Up" from Shakugan No Shana and the cute and adorable Louise The Zero!!
You must be joking, Louise the worst tsundere ever, cute and adorable? (I know it's personal opinion but damn), now I've read it all.

About the episode:

You know you're a BAMF, Badass when:

1. You punch a shark out of the water and continue to whoop it's ass to death in mid-air.

2. You trick a group of people to find the bad guy, a group in which the biggest trickster who is your grandfather is a part of.

3. You punch the bad guy in mid-air as he tries to trick you into his plan.

I'm guessing the girl is an important character.
Old 2014-05-10, 17:56   Link #306
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Old 2014-05-10, 19:22   Link #307
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Surely didn't expect to hear Rie Kugimiya as Runaway Girl. And Tessho Genda was awesome as Dark Blue Moon user.
THAT was Optimus Prime's beautiful baritone voice as the Village People Sea Captain?
Old 2014-05-10, 19:36   Link #308
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Those with stands unless Kars become the ultimate lifeform.
A bit off topic, but this question was played around with in the (non-canon) series anniversary novel Jorge Joestar. The answer it came up with was that Kars was pretty much unstoppable in a physical fight, but was useless against stands, as he couldn't see the Stands.

Spoiler for Jorge Joestar details:
Old 2014-05-10, 20:55   Link #309
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

My god Jotaro-kun have all possibility "jojo's futur"
Old 2014-05-10, 23:43   Link #310
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Ah....then just wondering stardust crusader dio versus pillar men and jotaro versus pillar men, who will win?
None would actually win, Pillarmen/Vampires can't be killed unless by Hamon, and Stands can only be seen by Stand users... so it would basically be a stalemate.
At least until the sun rises or some crap like that.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 23:57   Link #311
Frontier

Hearing Rie Kugimiya in Jojo was the last thing I ever expected to happen. I mean, I enjoyed the rest of the episode, but seeing her turn up was definitely a highlight .

Though even before I figured out it was her I had a good inkling that the stowaway was actually a girl with the hair peeking out of her hat. Kugimiya having played boys before had me doubting a little bit... but then Jotaro just went and grabbed her chest and solved that mystery .

So I guess she'll be the Poco/Smokey of Team Jojo, though I wonder if her dad will actually become relevant at all? Well, the group has to reach Singapore first .

Jojo vs. Dark Blue Moon was pretty awesome, as was seeing Star Platinum pull off a special move/finisher with "Star Finger." Having Jojo talk through Star Platinum while underwater, and then actually speaking once the table had turned, was also quite cool .

It would be nice to see Joseph finally start getting in on the action rather than stay on the sidelines. I mean, I get that he has likely the weakest Stand of the group, but he's still Joseph .

Though Polnareff is probably due a win as well...

The censoring of Jojo smoking was bad but ignorable, though judging from Kanon's post it sounds like it might get worse .

Next week... Jojo vs monkeys ?

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-05-13 at 16:34.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 00:05   Link #312
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
None would actually win, Pillarmen/Vampires can't be killed unless by Hamon, and Stands can only be seen by Stand users... so it would basically be a stalemate.
At least until the sun rises or some crap like that.
Actually, the All-Star Battle game addresses this -- both Dios don't regenerate health when damaged by Joestar Stands. This calls back to the concept where mastering Hamon will grant the user the ability to use stands.

Also see my previous post above on the Jorge Joestar novel (where a lot of crazy stuff happen). The novel makes it hilariously clear on the matter.
Old 2014-05-11, 05:02   Link #313
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I understand why they had to nerf Joseph, but he could have saved the girl simply by walking on water.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 06:32   Link #314
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I don't think maintaining Ripple breathing is that easy for Granpa Joe. Think about how people who used to be good sprinters or marathon runners in highschool are out of shape after years of not doing it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 08:20   Link #315
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I understand why they had to nerf Joseph, but he could have saved the girl simply by walking on water.
ah... i forgot that ripple user is more genius than jesus in walking on water
Old 2014-05-11, 08:44   Link #316
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-11, 09:12   Link #317
Ryuga

"Nah, I was just thinking since we're underwater, it'd be gross if you pissed yourself when you lost."

Lol, just lol. This fight was awesome, and the music was impressive as well.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 13:15   Link #318
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I don't think maintaining Ripple breathing is that easy for Granpa Joe. Think about how people who used to be good sprinters or marathon runners in highschool are out of shape after years of not doing it.
It makes sense, but remember Joseph was still able to walk on water before proper training.

I understand why he didn't get a chance to save her since we would have missed Jotaro play Fighting Mania with a shark.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:08   Link #319
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 13:17   Link #320
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This was kind of my thinking. Why would he need Joseph to take off his gloves? Just look at them! It'd definitely look weird if he had a left handed glove over a right hand after all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
It makes sense, but remember Joseph was still able to walk on water before proper training.

I understand why he didn't get a chance to save her since we would have missed Jotaro play Fighting Mania with a shark.
Yeah, guess they couldn't let us not have that scene . Plus guess they wanted to establish Jotaro's connection to this girl rather than Joseph just saving the day.

Does seem like a waste to have someone who can use the ripple around and just never have it be of use. Not only an ability for attacking, but certainly flexible for a variety of situations.

Tags
fabulous, shounen