AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-26, 18:01   Link #2001
Tenzen12

I noticed that much, but I don't belive that in worst case scenario few hundreds meters would make realy difference and what happen if safe point get destroyed?

And for second point, I think it might be more problematic than tha t but... Well you might have point here.

Edit:

1.Kirie loaded with Touta by mind transfer
2.Kirie killed herself to escape from Fate, and transfered alone right back to SP,

Yet Touta still has memories about first transfer that was rewrited (well it's possible she just repeated winning tactic from previous time and Touta beat shadow puppeteer "twice"...but than again she didn't have to kick him "second time" for not saving her...unless she is is worried about butterfly effect)

...I am not sure if you get my point but I am getting headache.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 18:39   Link #2002
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I noticed that much, but I don't belive that in worst case scenario few hundreds meters would make realy difference and what happen if safe point get destroyed?

And for second point, I think it might be more problematic than tha t but... Well you might have point here.

Edit:

2.Kirie killed herself to escape from Fate, and transfered alone right back to SP,

Yet Touta still has memories about first transfer that was rewrited (well it's possible she just repeated winning tactic from previous time and Touta beat shadow puppeteer "twice"...but than again she didn't have to kick him "second time" for not saving her...unless she is is worried about butterfly effect)

I see what you mean. Fate is an Earth mage, it better a heck of a lot between them if she's going to be safe. or anyone in UQ holder for that matter.

But at this point it's best to take a break than to let the things you enjoy cause stress and give headaches just my personal way of doing it.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 18:48   Link #2003
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
They say he turned hostile towards humanity after Negi died. If it was Humanity that killed him then I can really see this. Also if the thinks Negi must be hiding somewhere, he could be trying to draw him out, "There's no way he's could die" kind of thing. One other thing he may want to use Touta to resurrect Negi using some method or another.
I was thinking the same, actually...although, I think it's more that he knows that Negi is not dead and is trying to use Touta as the core of some sort of spell to locate Negi due to his blood relation and immortality...kind of like a search spell you would see in Index.

On another note..."trapping" the solar system's strongest earth mage underground....there's no way that plan can go wrong.

Lastly...is Ikkuu talking about Chachamaru's Al-Iskandariyah? If so...YAY!!
Old 2014-05-26, 19:10   Link #2004
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
They say he turned hostile towards humanity after Negi died. If it was Humanity that killed him then I can really see this. Also if the thinks Negi must be hiding somewhere, he could be trying to draw him out, "There's no way he's could die" kind of thing. One other thing he may want to use Touta to resurrect Negi using some method or another.
I find it likely Negi has been possessed by the Mage of the Beginning after they beat it in that flashback we saw before. An immortal body and an all powerful spirit are a dangerous combination. Neither Fate or Eva found that they could defeat him at that point. As the only one Fate acknowledges, he likely took the possession of Negi rather hard. They both likely see great potential in Touta to help them defeat him but disagree on the means to do so. They both decided to look after him but he became an immortal and left with Eva so Fate is trying to get him back feeling he has a much faster way to get Negi back than Eva does. Fate wants the quick path to getting Negi back while Eva wants the sure path to finishing everything concerning the Mage of the Beginning.
Old 2014-05-26, 19:24   Link #2005
chaosprophet

Quote:

Edit:

Actually you got the order wrong. It goes like this:
0 - Original time before any loop, Fate kills everyone and Kirie suicides (told in flashback).
1+ - a few loops that Touta wasn't able to protect Kirie from Chao and Kirie wasn't able to hold his hand.
2 - The time we start with, Kirie dies from Chao attack but is able to hold Touta's hand
3 - The time we currently at. Kirie went back last time with Touta so he has his memories. They were able to beat Chao and are about to try catching Fate.

So far we don't know what happens when Kirie does another reset. Does it reset everything but her and whoever she is able to hold the next time (so if she killed herself just now without holding anyone Touta would be back to his original memories without knowing 2 nor 3)? Or does previous reset actions maintain (so if she killed herself just now without holding anyone Touta would remember time "2" but not 3).
Old 2014-05-26, 23:06   Link #2006
AstroNerdBoy

This is when all of our collective brains explode attempting to get our heads around this massive paradox.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-26, 23:42   Link #2007
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
This is when all of our collective brains explode attempting to get our heads around this massive paradox.
What else do you expect from a series where the main character's grandfather and possible granddaughter have both gone back in time to change the future, fought against each other using time travel as an evasion technique, and even used a dimension hopper to go across the various timelines created due to it?

At this point, the head ache you get from thinking about it is almost nostalgic.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 00:49   Link #2008
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Actually you got the order wrong. It goes like this:
0 - Original time before any loop, Fate kills everyone and Kirie suicides (told in flashback).
1+ - a few loops that Touta wasn't able to protect Kirie from Chao and Kirie wasn't able to hold his hand.
2 - The time we start with, Kirie dies from Chao attack but is able to hold Touta's hand
3 - The time we currently at. Kirie went back last time with Touta so he has his memories. They were able to beat Chao and are about to try catching Fate.

So far we don't know what happens when Kirie does another reset. Does it reset everything but her and whoever she is able to hold the next time (so if she killed herself just now without holding anyone Touta would be back to his original memories without knowing 2 nor 3)? Or does previous reset actions maintain (so if she killed herself just now without holding anyone Touta would remember time "2" but not 3).
Yep that was my point, why it might not be good idea actively bring Fate into Time-loop.

That said, Fate Crushing group before Chao wouldn't make sense, Kirie wouldn't be able even meet with Fate unless she dealt with Chao first afteral.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 03:31   Link #2009
Breimoon

since the thing she will transport is the body noone will have memory of what happens but her, what i am worried about is that this plan is going to bite back to them even if they succeed. I am going to bet on fate destroing the cave and her losing her save point if their plan has success
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 04:55   Link #2010
chaosprophet

Quote:
That said, Fate Crushing group before Chao wouldn't make sense, Kirie wouldn't be able even meet with Fate unless she dealt with Chao first afteral.
It does because the time Fate crushed the group she went with Kuroumaru through a different route and never met Chao.

After losing to Fate and trying to go through a different route with Touta that she end up getting killed by him. Chao himself said he just attacked Kirie when he saw her passing. He didn't go there for her or was tailing her. So there was no reason for him to kill her if they didn't pass each ocher by coincidence.
Old 2014-05-27, 07:21   Link #2011
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Not me, I'm too busy facepalming at how dumb Kirie's plan is, since, as Hiss mentioned, trapping the ultimate EARTH magician (something Kirie should know or at least suspect since eternal petrification doesn't sound like your common everyday magic) by surrounding him with EARTH, and right beneath your headquarters at that, might present a few inconvenients. Ironically, I'm sure Chisame would be one of the first to bring up the flaws in this scheme. How sad it is that Touta wasn't the dumbest character in the chapter? Hell, he was doing some deep thinking this time around.

Ohhh, right! Chachamaru's pactio! I remembered a satelite laser in negima, but didn't recall from whete exactly. Thanks, Hiss.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 11:12   Link #2012
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Not me, I'm too busy facepalming at how dumb Kirie's plan is, since, as Hiss mentioned, trapping the ultimate EARTH magician (something Kirie should know or at least suspect since eternal petrification doesn't sound like your common everyday magic) by surrounding him with EARTH, and right beneath your headquarters at that, might present a few inconvenients. Ironically, I'm sure Chisame would be one of the first to bring up the flaws in this scheme. How sad it is that Touta wasn't the dumbest character in the chapter? Hell, he was doing some deep thinking this time around.
Kirie specifically said that even Yukihime wouldn't be able to escape where she wants to put Fate, meaning I doubt it's as simple as you're making it sound.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 11:21   Link #2013
novalysis

I wonder, is Kirie Chisame's descendant?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 11:29   Link #2014
Homura7

It might be possible. I mean, she has the same bad temperant Chisame flaunted.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 11:49   Link #2015
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
It might be possible. I mean, she has the same bad temperant Chisame flaunted.
Kirie's similar personality, and a similar character design gave me the impression that it is a distinct possibility. Although, with character design, given the tendency for same-face design, a resemblance may simply be Akamatsu resorting to a character template, rather than an indication of family relation.

Crack theory: Kirie and Touta are Cousins, and are both descendants of Negi Springfield. Kirie descends from Chisame, and Touta descends from Konoka. And somewhere in China, another branch of Negi's descendants are preparing to welcome a new child into the world, Chao Lingshen.

Also, there's another interesting discrepancy in this chapter:

In chapter 24, Nagumo mentions meeting Negi Springfield 20 years ago.

Yet in chapter 36, Kirie tells us that Negi has been dead for three decades.

What gives? Is this a translation error, or is this a BIG BIG hint to the real fate of Negi Springfield?

Something happened 30 years ago, that rendered Negi dead in the eyes of the world. But Negi wasn't really dead - but rather, working behind the scenes to combat something, or someone - the Mage of the Beginnings.

Perhaps.... even crazier, the Mage of the Beginnings possessed Negi 30 years ago - but Negi Springfield took precautions, and managed to create a replicate scroll containing a part of himself, in the same manner Evangeline created that scroll copy of hers that taught Negi Springfield Magia Ereba. What we saw , 20 years ago was the replica version of Negi Springfield, not the true body of Negi Springfield.

And if that's the case, it seems to suggest Eva and Fate were still working together, even after Negi's supposed death. Does then seem to suggest that Eva and Fate may still be in communication with one another, behind the scenes?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 12:19   Link #2016
Superbia

Does anyone else find it strange that no one has shown an overly shocked reaction to the fact that Touta is Negi's grandson? It was one thing when no one even noticed Touta's last name is the same as that of the once important Konoe family that was in charge of the Kantou and Kansai associations, but I was expecting at least Kuromaru to give a good reaction.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 12:48   Link #2017
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Does anyone else find it strange that no one has shown an overly shocked reaction to the fact that Touta is Negi's grandson? It was one thing when no one even noticed Touta's last name is the same as that of the once important Konoe family that was in charge of the Kantou and Kansai associations, but I was expecting at least Kuromaru to give a good reaction.

we don't think everyone with last name Johnson is related Lyndon Johnson. So why would would anyone think just becuase Touta last name is Konoe he is related to THAT Konoe family?
Old 2014-05-27, 13:30   Link #2018
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
we don't think everyone with last name Johnson is related Lyndon Johnson. So why would would anyone think just becuase Touta last name is Konoe he is related to THAT Konoe family?
Precisely. Having the same last name alone isn't enough. If it hadn't been for the fact we were outright told in the first chapter they are related, I wouldn't have realized about Touta's lineage until the time he unleashed his Magia Erebia.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 15:41   Link #2019
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It's basically for the same reason that everyone would raise an eyebrow if one's last name was Habsburg, Tudor or Medici. Definitely related to the big guys? Maybe not, but the last name is rare and prestigious enough that it is more likely than not. Remember that Konoe is the name of one of Japan's real life most noble and most ancient families. We don't know if this holds true for the Negima/UQ holder universe, but lacking other information the most likely inference would point towards yes.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 15:45   Link #2020
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
It's basically for the same reason that everyone would raise an eyebrow if one's last name was Habsburg, Tudor or Medici. Definitely related to the big guys? Maybe not, but the last name is rare and prestigious enough that it is more likely than not. Remember that Konoe is the name of one of Japan's real life most noble and most ancient families. We don't know if this holds true for the Negima/UQ holder universe, but lacking other information the most likely inference would point towards yes.
it depends on how widespread the surname is.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love