Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
* Soi Fon's bankai is prepared.
oh dang FINALLY!

Old 2009-05-27, 08:06   Link #22
Sythychan

I hardly doubt we need more gratuitous nudity or hints of the female anatomy with Halibel, but yeah... early spoilers can't really confirm much with it.

As far as Hitsugaya doing copy maneuvers. There's been cases of people adapting attacks in their own form, Ichigo using Getsuga Tenshou in Bankai, copied from Hichigo. Byakuya using that advanced form of Shunpo, things like that.
Besides isn't the Winter part of this war suppose to come around? So a buff for Hitsugaya wouldn't be so... surprising.

With Soi Fon's Bankai? Laughable at first glance. Maybe it's a stealth like cover, like the cloth will conceal her in shadow and shield her from that Decay Aura allowing her to land blows, or maybe the Cloth has all the Jutsu's from naruto printed on it and she's looking for the God Realm Jutsu :3
Old 2009-05-27, 08:10   Link #23
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
lol..true. one turns you to dust, the other into a sweater...i can definitely see some comedic relief to this if it happens. yea i don't think halibel is goin anywhere fast. maybe the cloth wraps around her?...like the start of a bankai or somethin. by the way...where is all that is holy is zaraki????? of all the bleach character i'd expect him to try to take on the current espada (though quite frankly i don't think he would do all that good against barragan, maybe halibel).

and stark's cero...definitely want more info on that.
Lol me too, some really funny comics
I already can see Urahara earning money on her bankai powers:
Urahara: Soi-chan! How about we work together? You create and I sell!
Soi Fon: Call me Soi-chan again and the next strip hat will be made of you
Urahara: So is that a 'yes', Soi-chan?
Soi Fon: BANKAI!

But of course it could be the way you said, like cloth wrapping around her and then she can use it as a weapon or something. After all it really hurts being hit with a towel

Zaraki is in HM
I really doubt that he would survive against Barragan. He would come to close and Barragan would turn him into dust... Zaraki isn't the brightest person

But yeh, he could go against Halibel
Old 2009-05-27, 08:13   Link #24
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Cloth.... can't really tell what it is for. Yoruichi has been shown to use a cloth to conceal her identity, but it doesnt seem to have any special ability. The only battle-type use of cloth i remember till now is when gin used it as a teleportation device, but whats the point of teleporting buildings..? Or maybe its something like an anchor so she doesnt get blown away... or something.

Arguably hitsugaya's bankai ability seems to be similar to others, though i think Kubo was trying to achieve the falling ice flakes / petals effect. Though in the spoilers it's said that the flowers are like an advanced skill, and he has a fundamental skill, tensoujuurin. Remains to see what it is though.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:14   Link #25
Sythychan

Cloth can be used to Conceal oneself, IE, Possibly Hiding yourself from your enemies?
Old 2009-05-27, 08:15   Link #26
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
As far as Hitsugaya doing copy maneuvers. There's been cases of people adapting attacks in their own form, Ichigo using Getsuga Tenshou in Bankai, copied from Hichigo. Byakuya using that advanced form of Shunpo, things like that.
Besides isn't the Winter part of this war suppose to come around? So a buff for Hitsugaya wouldn't be so... surprising.
Byakuya learned shunpo from Yoruichi since she taught him. Ichigo learned it because Hichigo taught him.

But Hitsugaya is simply copying them 0_o

Quote:
With Soi Fon's Bankai? Laughable at first glance.
I have to agree, it sure looks laughable

But didn't Sakuras' petals look laughable at first too?
But now we know for the fact that you shouldn't make fun of them or you might lose something
Old 2009-05-27, 08:17   Link #27
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
Cloth.... can't really tell what it is for. Yoruichi has been shown to use a cloth to conceal her identity, but it doesnt seem to have any special ability. The only battle-type use of cloth i remember till now is when gin used it as a teleportation device, but whats the point of teleporting buildings..? Or maybe its something like an anchor so she doesnt get blown away... or something.
Yoruichi also used cloth in order to stop Byakuya's sword from shattering... so if to think cloth looks very dangerouse

And to top it Soi Fon has it in bankai state so there surely will be more to it
Old 2009-05-27, 08:17   Link #28
Sythychan

Did Sakuras petals look laughable at first? No. they served a purpose, as I said, At First Glance. It's laughable. Byakuya did mention what each petal did when he first used it I believe so... yeah.

And I still stand by Hitsugaya isn't entirely "Copying" others to further his own ends.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:18   Link #29
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Guys... I don't think the cloth thing is Soifon's Bankai.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:21   Link #30
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Did Sakuras petals look laughable at first? No. they served a purpose, as I said, At First Glance. It's laughable. Byakuya did mention what each petal did when he first used it I believe so... yeah.

And I still stand by Hitsugaya isn't entirely "Copying" others to further his own ends.
i'm a pretty big hitsuguya hater and will use anything i can (even illogical things) to defame him. in fact, the fact that he has white hair...he's copying ukitake (as you can see...biology has no affect on me )

it'd be funny if the cloth wraps around only his eyes and he just runs into things at random. immmm bliiiinnnddddd. but no, it most probably will give her a stealth advantage.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:21   Link #31
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

It isn't. The cloth was already there before she said the command. Its just how she's going to use it thats up to speculation.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:22   Link #32
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
agreed, the first page said that she's just preparing for it and I think that the cloth was the needed ingredient for it?

Old 2009-05-27, 08:22   Link #33
Sythychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Actually, by thinking about it, more then likely that's her "Preperation."
I got into the heated debate before the chapters review could even be detailed in a finer matter. I think I'll swap my statement to agreeing with you on that

Edit: I find it odd how Soi Fon has to prepare to use her bankai instead of just. uttering a command, maybe its because she is, well... Very Handy right now.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:28   Link #34
Koeninator

First of all, Hi I'm new here.
Now then, am I the only one here who digs up "Shunko" when I think of clothes? Remember the shoulders and the back of the person using it will have the first layer destroyed, which is what Yoruichi told Soi Fon (At Rukia's rescue), maybe this giant peace of cloth will be filled with a huge Shunko and then BOOM explode
Old 2009-05-27, 08:32   Link #35
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koeninator View Post
First of all, Hi I'm new here.
Now then, am I the only one here who digs up "Shunko" when I think of clothes? Remember the shoulders and the back of the person using it will have the first layer destroyed, which is what Yoruichi told Soi Fon (At Rukia's rescue), maybe this giant peace of cloth will be filled with a huge Shunko and then BOOM explode
hey! welcome!

now onto the topic at hand. that is a good speculation, but thats a whole lotta cloth for just the back. i sense two things in HM so far...one chic is putting more and more clothes on and one keeps takin em off. Whatever the reason the shunko would need to outstrip time to get through barragan's barrier, unless she detected some other weakness
Old 2009-05-27, 08:33   Link #36
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

His attack will fail. Hallibel will break free and then finish him off. I would really like to see someone use a Gran Ray Cero once again.

Also, about bloody time she used her bankai. I was startin to despair that we'd never get one.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:34   Link #37
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
First I almost pissed myself laughing at the naruto spoilers and now this?
Im lookingforward to Soi Fons bankai and how Halle Berry gets out of this.
Old 2009-05-27, 08:35   Link #38
Sythychan

Edit:

Soi Fon is probably making a Bee Hive. Which would be an amazing use of terrain, would explain why she's using it on a skyscrapper building.. and the preparation..
Old 2009-05-27, 08:40   Link #39
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Edit:

Soi Fon is probably making a Bee Hive. Which would be an amazing use of terrain, would explain why she's using it on a skyscrapper building.. and the preparation..
Like I said in an earlier chapter: Japanese giant hornet!
Old 2009-05-27, 08:41   Link #40
Sythychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
Like I said in an earlier chapter: Japanese giant hornet!
That could work too... I just hope Barragan upon death or mid fight decides to go good and resurrect everyone who's died... -hinthint-
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion