AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-01, 23:38   Link #301
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's a new 15-second TV commercial for the release of the first DVD (25 July). It is now on YouTube. At the end, Aya delivers her line from episode three, but with a slight twist: "You should have ordered one when you had the chance."

I'm happy to see they think that Aya's voice work is a big selling point for this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 23:40   Link #302
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There's a new 15-second TV commercial for the release of the first DVD (25 July). It is now on YouTube. At the end, Aya delivers her line from episode three, but with a slight twist: "You should have ordered one when you had the chance."

I'm happy to see they think that Aya's voice work is a big selling point for this show.
Already got a friend to get it for me.

I now need to get the mangas.....
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 16:15   Link #303
yurifan

aww, i've just watched the raw version of episode 7, even though i dont understand anything, but It seems like 20 faces is still alive. Chiko is so wonderful, and the new character with blonde hair, seems to be awsome too.
yurifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 13:48   Link #304
Yuudai-kun

Episode 7 was good as expected. Less action, but with a nice conclusion to what i consider an intro. Finally we can see which way this anime will be developing (unless i'm wrong and we can expect some story twists again).

BTW, did anyone else like Satomi Arai's performance? I really liked her performance when she played in Mahoraba, but it seems like i was the only one since she didn't get any good roles after that.
I like her voice, so i'll cheer for her and Tome
Maids ftw
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 16:17   Link #305
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hirano Aya was on NHK's "Top Runner" interview show on Monday night. It was a fabulous interview and the lady looked fabulous herself. I've made a blog post with some details of the show, including screencaps, and links to show videos on YouTube.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuudai-kun View Post
...BTW, did anyone else like Satomi Arai's performance? I really liked her performance when she played in Mahoraba, but it seems like i was the only one since she didn't get any good roles after that.
I like her voice, so i'll cheer for her and Tome
Maids ftw
I liked her a lot. I've been waiting for her to come up to the level she reached as Kozue-chan (etc., etc.) in Mahoraba. She seems to be getting harsh-voiced roles recently. This is a welcome change.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-06-03 at 17:36.
Old 2008-06-04, 20:52   Link #306
suburbanbanshee

The new detective character's name is Akechi. Akechi Kogoro, most likely, the famous Japanese detective/snappy dresser. This is like Sherlock Holmes showing up to reassure Moriarty's daughter that the Professor didn't really go over the falls. (Or Lupin's daughter, to be more exact.)

From Wikipedia: "Like Holmes, Akechi is a brilliant but eccentric detective who cousults with the police on especially difficult cases. He is a master of disguise and an expert at judo whose genius lets him solve seemingly impossible cases...Kogoro Akechi is a tall, handsome man with heavy eyebrows... Detective Akechi's most frequent foe is the infamous Kaijin Nijū Mensō... He and Akechi have a mutual respect in the stories."

I've got a translated copy of the Black Lizard story. So when Mr. Akechi announced his name, I squeaked with glee! But I should have seen it earlier -- the episode is named after him! Darn my kanji illiteracy!

Last edited by suburbanbanshee; 2008-06-04 at 21:02.
suburbanbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 21:28   Link #307
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Does anyone have a textless/clearer version of this screenshot?

Old 2008-06-06, 10:08   Link #308
Queeny
<3

I Love this show it's one of my Fav this year ... Can't wait to see Ep 7 Sub.

anyway ...
I Search For some Pic for it and I found these , so I said I'll share it withe You all ^^

Spoiler for Scan:

Enjoy ~

Last edited by Queeny; 2008-06-06 at 11:11.
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 10:26   Link #309
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
I Search For some Pic for it and I found these , so I said I'll share it withe You all ^^

Spoiler for Scan:

Enjoy ~
Thanks for The Pic...*saves*
Old 2008-06-06, 11:51   Link #310
nanafan
horo fan

those scans are awesome queeny!! thanks i am stealing some. dude! one of the scans has french in the background, i can read some of it sweetness!

Last edited by nanafan; 2008-06-06 at 11:53. Reason: yay!
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 12:21   Link #311
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
those scans are awesome queeny!! thanks i am stealing some. dude! one of the scans has french in the background, i can read some of it sweetness!
Yes, thanks queeny. As for the French, I found the poem and translated all of it (to the best of my ability) in a blog post a while back, if you're interested. It's from a poem by a famous 20th-century French poet, Paul Eluard.
Spoiler for French poem and translation:
Old 2008-06-06, 12:42   Link #312
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Yes, thanks queeny. As for the French, I found the poem and translated all of it (to the best of my ability) in a blog post a while back, if you're interested. It's from a poem by a famous 20th-century French poet, Paul Eluard.
wow you did a good job there, french for me is a hard language to translate into english.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 15:46   Link #313
Queeny
<3

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Thanks for The Pic...*saves*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
Quote:
You welcome , happy to share it with all of You

also Great work Kaoru Chujo , really thanks for Translating it ..
I think I'll be joining you here after Ep 7 Subs ^^
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 18:48   Link #314
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Live-eviL fansub of ep 7 is out ^^;

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 00:29   Link #315
Zippicus

I only have one thing to say about episode 7. It was over too damn fast!
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 00:37   Link #316
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

That last scene makes me once again question just what time period this show is suppose to be set in...

Good start to a completely different direction for the show. The ED makes sense now, and we got to see several new important characters come into the spotlight.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 00:57   Link #317
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
That last scene makes me once again question just what time period this show is suppose to be set in...
I think it's just retro.
Old 2008-06-07, 01:37   Link #318
yurifan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei View Post
Live-eviL fansub of ep 7 is out ^^;

-Tofu
thank you i'm going to watch it.

chiako is the best character i have ever seen so fragile and so strong. Can't wait to watch the next episode.

Last edited by yurifan; 2008-06-07 at 01:58.
yurifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 03:01   Link #319
Peanutbutter

Ep 7 is over way too fast...still felt happy that Chiko managed to step out of her ordeal.

Just a question for Tofu, does all the episodes have any previews? If so, why are they removed? Pardon me if this was asked before. I just want to have an idea of what happens in the next episode...
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 03:19   Link #320
Hawkeye7513

Download one of the raws for the episode, it has previews. And only one spoken word: "Ojisan"
Hawkeye7513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, maturation, seinen, shounen