Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-18, 13:50   Link #61
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
The mini sex game isn't all that, you're pretty much viewing two side characters off to the side staring at the performance taking place while pressing buttons that appears on screen.

It's like having a roommate who's having sex next door, you could hear it through thin paper walls but you can't see it. Sorry to disappoint if you guys were expecting more from it.

I chose to use a female character for my Metal Gear Online experience because she's easy on the eyes... and more seductive in a bikini with facepaint. :P

As long as you don't do it thinking people will be distracted
Old 2010-03-18, 17:32   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

OH. MY. KRATOS

I just finished the fight with
Spoiler:

Wow... that was just unbelievable. I have no idea how the final boss fight is going to top this. And damn, the game is gore to the max, almost makes the previous installments seem like Pokemon. Gotta feel sorry for Kratos' victims.
Old 2010-03-18, 19:11   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

like I said, each of the 3 have their own bad assness to them

Dante - Style bad ass
Kratos - Brutal bad ass (the first boss death was pretty bad ass for a first boss XD)
Bayonetta - errr i forgot but she does some bad ass stuff too.
Old 2010-03-19, 07:59   Link #64
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Lifted straight from the cheapass "Ultimate" Edition of the game, I present to you the official links to the MP3s for the soundtracks and music of the games :-

God of War Trilogy soundtrack

God of War Blood & Metal EP

It's common knowledge by now that Sony is too scrooged to include a hardcopy of the music on CDs and choose to print the URLs on a piece of paper. And since Sony put the digital tracks up on the public domain on a unsecured server, it's only fair that people should share the links .
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 08:27   Link #65
yeahitschris

Quote:
Mar 19, 2010 5:33 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
YES FINALLY. it is COMING.. god of war 3

edit; YES IT JUST CAME, will post pictures later. gonna play this bad boy!

Last edited by yeahitschris; 2010-03-19 at 08:57.
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 10:00   Link #66
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Random notes about my current state of progress....

1) I didn't know Kratos had it in him when it comes to music. But nice salute by Santa Monica in regards to Rock Band, Guitar Hero and various other Rythm Games.

2) I don't know how many people will know what I'm referring here, but by featuring Kevin Sorbo in his signature role is another birlliant storke after getting Harry Hamilin as Perseus in 2. Will be better if they had named the Character in his original greek name instead of opting for the more widely known roman version since every other Characters is known by theirs.
Old 2010-03-19, 14:24   Link #67
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Already finished it. It was even shorter than I thought it'd be, but since so much happened in the game, it actually felt like I did more things in this one than in the first two installments combined. And as I feared, the final boss fight didn't top the one I was talking about earlier.

The story was pretty good, for a GOW, that was more or less the conclusion I expected. I liked how they tied things up, though I thought there would a be a twist with
Spoiler for ending spoiler:

Now, off to FFXIII again...
Old 2010-03-19, 21:03   Link #68
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

damn I suck, I screwed up twice on the "mini-game" the diolog after that is prety funny

"Thats something you should ask your wife!"
Old 2010-03-19, 23:46   Link #69
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

God of War III Sells 550,000 Units on Day 1 in the Americas

Quote:
With the game releasing across Europe today, total worldwide sales for the week should be around one million copies - more than other recent PS3 blockbusters like Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, MAG and Final Fantasy XIII (western release) and would take total sales for the God of War franchise to over 10 million units sold.
Outselling FF XIII in the first week ? That's quite an achievement by itself there.
Old 2010-03-19, 23:52   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

FFXIII did 1 million over 5 days with both systems, so split was roughly 54% ps3 and 46% 360.. so 540,000 copies in the first 5 days for Ps3 FFXIII.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 01:00   Link #71
yeahitschris

how do i use the ultimate edition codes? do i go to their site or just put the code in the PSN store
Old 2010-03-20, 04:56   Link #72
Xion Valkyrie

Finally got started on the game. I find it HILARIOUS that you basically get shafted the same way in all 3 games, and end up in
Spoiler:

So far, liking the cutscenes and new combat tricks a lot. However, the platforming is really clunky, and I've probably died more to not making random jumps than to enemies so far. Also, rolling system takes a bit of getting used after coming from Bayonetta. The fact that you can't cancel out of your attack animations into a roll makes it really hard to keep nonstop attacks up, which is something you want to do for high points in Bayonetta. Took a while to 'unlearn' that for the first boss, which killed me quite a bit >.>
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 06:49   Link #73
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The fact that you can't cancel out of your attack animations into a roll makes it really hard to keep nonstop attacks up, which is something you want to do for high points in Bayonetta. Took a while to 'unlearn' that for the first boss, which killed me quite a bit >.>
If my mind serves me right, wasn't you able to do such thing in GoW2?
Old 2010-03-20, 07:10   Link #74
problemedchild
ô_ô

Poor Helios. You were amazing for breaking pots though.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 07:42   Link #75
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Poor Helios. You were amazing for breaking pots though.
It will be most interesting to think about what a full fldge boss fight with Helios could be like instead of him pulling a DBZ Taiyoken/Solar Flare on Kratos.

I imagine the battle to be Kratos on the Pegasus racing Helios around the peaks of Olympics, exchanging arrows and fireballs with him. Why did Santa Monica had to take the easy way out here ?
Old 2010-03-20, 09:50   Link #76
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Finally got started on the game. I find it HILARIOUS that you basically get shafted the same way in all 3 games, and end up in
Spoiler:

So far, liking the cutscenes and new combat tricks a lot. However, the platforming is really clunky, and I've probably died more to not making random jumps than to enemies so far. Also, rolling system takes a bit of getting used after coming from Bayonetta. The fact that you can't cancel out of your attack animations into a roll makes it really hard to keep nonstop attacks up, which is something you want to do for high points in Bayonetta. Took a while to 'unlearn' that for the first boss, which killed me quite a bit >.>
actually in #2 didn't you lose all your stuff when grabbing the sword?

I died in the same way XD Platforms and the first boss are where i died the most.
Old 2010-03-20, 17:15   Link #77
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
If my mind serves me right, wasn't you able to do such thing in GoW2?
No, rolling always had a delay in all the GoW games, although blocking is near instant, which is great for bosses with only physical attacks, but with energy based attacks or unblockables you basically have to use really short attack chains because you have to be ready to move or roll out of the way for incoming attacks, which is a mood killer =/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 17:32   Link #78
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well what you expect? the weapons to simply dissapear into thin air in the middle of a attack? you can't switch weapons on a dime either, more realistic than DMC or bayonetta.
Old 2010-03-20, 17:54   Link #79
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Being more realistic or not doesn't make any game better or worse. But then again, you're talking about realism in a game based on Greek mythology?

What makes Bayonetta's game play great is its speed and rhythm, the selling point of the game. God of War's selling point is the epic, brutal story and visuals, its gameplay is less flexible than DMC and Bayonetta.

Speed has always been an important factor in action and fighting games, fast paced high speed action definitely works for gamers.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 19:02   Link #80
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and if a action game lacked speed?