AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 16:31   Link #2201
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
To her that's like her child riding a two wheeler for the first time. Why ruin it?

She would probably be a bit worried if it was 4000 missles.

I just think she's insane.
We agree on the Insane part at least, too bad I cant put her as an antagonist in my story
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 18:46   Link #2202
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@MeisterBaylon- How in the hell is the gender issue a temporary problem? There's only 467 cores and the world is aleeady heavily tilted, how would adding more cores solve that issue!?
Tabane's way smarter than me, how the hell would I know?

But with Ichika, if he's an ISper, than the answer is that in 80 years when ISpers make up 75% of the world population and hence eliminating war from history, that's a lot of male IS pilots.

Quote:
Irish's mother wasn't killed, that's Kyuukai. He doesn't remember anything from before he was seven years old due to being caught in an IS blast's field. The first memory he ever has is an IS murdering a man in front of him, leaving him in a concentration camp, and being forced to work like a slave to help build new IS units and continually put down and beaten on by axe crazy IS pilots. These kinds of things tend to leave a lasting impression on his view of the IS and women in general.
...my theories of how IS are constructed prevent this from ever occurring, but that's alright.

Quote:
FRACTURE is a completely legal org and truth be told they're giving Irish a break since anybody else would have killed him for all his crimes. He doesn't hate them, he just resents that they're holding Joshua's freedom against him to get him to comply. But like I said, it's better with FRACTURE rather than with anyone else.
Now how does FRACTURE fit into all this? A legal organization bent on destroying IS? Or a semi-militant male chauvanist group like PETA?

Quote:
The main reason he hates the infinite stratos is because of the fact that he screwed up doing his job one day in the camp (considering he was seven this isn't surprising) and one of the pilots got injured, they asked who it was and his surrogate brother from the camp took the blame for Irish which got him killed for his troubles. He hated the Infinite Stratos after that.
Then Karon has still a lesson for him in mindspace, showing him what its like to live on the Moon and how IS is the one thing keeping her people alive.

"In the infinite reach of space, where resources no longer matter thanks to IS, and conflicts can be resolved easily."

Quote:
The part where they get close and Karon is able to read his mind is pretty good though so I'm gonna steal that!
Go right ahead.

Quote:
I thought Karon wouldn't forgive a terrorist no matter they're reasoning? How would seeing Irish's past change that?
She wouldn't forgive a terrorist or condone his acts. But she cannot change what has already been done. If she can get him to stop, she would be willing to cut him some slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
-_- Suddenly, with all these dark organization around, it seems to justify Tabane's reason for limiting the number of IS cores.

I personally think that there MUST be some form of limiting factor on OC's machines that preventing it from being able to replicated and used for war.
Uh, no, the limits were slapped on her by Obama and gang. If she had her way, there'd be countless ISs everywhere, regulated by the TRIAL system embedded in Three Diagram so that ISes while common cannot be abused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Don't forget: IS is very similar to human being.....

It does not feel right to treat them as just machines.... I think I am subconsciously trying to work from this point (upon self-reflection: Yuu see her IS as a friend). Now that I am aware of this, I will probably try to start from that direction.
This is why I don't see a war happening. But, given that it happened very early in IS development, and that MPIS are periodically wiped, these 'babies' do not have a chance to develop a personality.

IE, only MPIS not linked to Three Diagram can be used in a war, and Obama's plan has allowed that to happen. His attempt to rein in IS only served to corrupt it.

Or maybe that was the point, to eventually give the US military a war machine unlike any other?

This was why, when Shooting Star first appeared, they attacked a base in Area 51, Nevada, revealing the nation having experimental IS weapons deployed outside of the ISA, which contravened the Alaska Treaty.

Quote:
Answer me this then: If Tabane was such a caring mother then why the hell did she make her "baby" shoot down 2231 missiles, tanks, and jets despite the fact that doing this does nothing except giving others a reason to see them as effective weapons?
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcolobo View Post
To her that's like her child riding a two wheeler for the first time. Why ruin it?

She would probably be a bit worried if it was 4000 missles.

I just think she's insane.

Quote:
We agree on the Insane part at least, too bad I cant put her as an antagonist in my story
You don't have to; the bunny!Tabane is as real as the Tabane gets. In fact, each of my fics deal with a different side of Tabane such that you see 2-3 people with the same name.
Old 2011-10-04, 19:24   Link #2203
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Tabane's way smarter than me, how the hell would I know?

But with Ichika, if he's an ISper, than the answer is that in 80 years when ISpers make up 75% of the world population and hence eliminating war from history, that's a lot of male IS pilots.

...my theories of how IS are constructed prevent this from ever occurring, but that's alright.

Now how does FRACTURE fit into all this? A legal organization bent on destroying IS? Or a semi-militant male chauvanist group like PETA?

Then Karon has still a lesson for him in mindspace, showing him what its like to live on the Moon and how IS is the one thing keeping her people alive.

"In the infinite reach of space, where resources no longer matter thanks to IS, and conflicts can be resolved easily."

Go right ahead.

She wouldn't forgive a terrorist or condone his acts. But she cannot change what has already been done. If she can get him to stop, she would be willing to cut him some slack.

Uh, no, the limits were slapped on her by Obama and gang. If she had her way, there'd be countless ISs everywhere, regulated by the TRIAL system embedded in Three Diagram so that ISes while common cannot be abused.

This is why I don't see a war happening. But, given that it happened very early in IS development, and that MPIS are periodically wiped, these 'babies' do not have a chance to develop a personality.

IE, only MPIS not linked to Three Diagram can be used in a war, and Obama's plan has allowed that to happen. His attempt to rein in IS only served to corrupt it.

Or maybe that was the point, to eventually give the US military a war machine unlike any other?

This was why, when Shooting Star first appeared, they attacked a base in Area 51, Nevada, revealing the nation having experimental IS weapons deployed outside of the ISA, which contravened the Alaska Treaty.

You don't have to; the bunny!Tabane is as real as the Tabane gets. In fact, each of my fics deal with a different side of Tabane such that you see 2-3 people with the same name.
75% of the world are ISpers? What? Did Ichika bang most of the worlds population or something?

Irish WAS a terrorist early in the story, I'm already done with chapter 4 and once chapter 5-6 hits he'll be beaten and forcibly detained by FRACTURE. Instead of killing him they'll give him a chance at freedom: Do missions for them and they'll let him and his teammates go and have a second chance at life. FRACTURE itself is an organization that makes sure that the IS can never be abused by one country and avoid a war. The problem is Irish's pathological hatred of the IS screwing over his mission priorities

The biggest part of Irish's story is how he grows to accept that the first impression he received from the IS pilots he first saw as a child doesn't apply to all the IS pilots in the story itself, considering the fact that his partner is an IS pilot then if he doesn't improve over the story then he'll be dead before I reach the halfway mark

What are your theories on how IS are formed and how does this prevent Irish's backstory from happening? I'm very curious about it.

I said that he was abused by pilots and forced to do manual labor in camps, I never said that they were using cores made by Tabane did I? Thats what he's gonna be trying to prevent in his portion of the story.

Also, Irish isn't Misogynistic, He thinks that if both genders could use the machine it would end up in more conflict while if only men could use the machine then the exact same thing would happen only with the opposite gender instead (He isn't very Idealistic is he?). He believes that the Infinite Stratos should be destroyed and not the pilot themselves, you'll see this once I post chapter 4 and 5.

Karon lives on the moon!? I thought she lived in singapore? how the hell is she on the moon?

I'm gonna be merging a crapton of original OC's later so far I have: Kyuukai Tokiwa (Combat engineer/soldier) from Heart of the machine, Class 1-2 (Batshit insane classroom) from the animesuki forums, and possibly <Ren> (axe crazy ninja) from wavehawks fic. Gonna have to find a way to merge all canons without breaking the universe.

I'm also gonna focus most on Talia L. Curious (Sadistic artificial human girl) and Gou Karon (ISper). I'll focus on the rest of the class as well. Like I said, that class is chock full of enemies for the three males

In my fic Ichika won't be an ISper, will that be alright with you? I have a reason for this since I already made a dark background for him, if you read chapter three and read his dream sequence you can probably figure it out

Is it possible for me to change character traits of characters to fit in with the canon I'm using? For example: A Karon who grew up knowing about the IS war or her just being a regular student enjoying life with her older brother?
Old 2011-10-04, 19:29   Link #2204
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm not going to use crack fanon anymore, not the one Babylon have at leas

Now I see that the back-story is conflicted from what I planned ..too bad

Chapter 9 is sent to Blitz, waiting for correction....
Old 2011-10-04, 19:31   Link #2205
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I'm not going to use crack fanon anymore, not the one Babylon have at leas

Now I see that the back-story is conflicted from what I planned ..too bad

Chapter 9 is sent to Blitz, waiting for correction....
ZERO! *Glomps* Where did you go? You usually log on at night

I also sent chapter 4 to blitz, he's gonna be very busy
Old 2011-10-04, 19:36   Link #2206
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

Well, the chapter 4 was good, there was nothing i can really correct. You already addressed my question, so feel free to keep it the way it is.

EDIT: sorry, I thought you meant the previous email. I am looking at the new one right now. Sorry for the mistake.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 19:41   Link #2207
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

I'm taking my time writing while college activity is defining irregular to a whole new level (seriously, the schedule is as slipped as it can go! the school can be as short as 2 freaking hours or as long as freaking 10 hours!)

Plus I didn't have internet connection at home currently, therefore, I went to internet cafe if I can.

EDIT: I Guess Jak is screaming in agony now that V5 is finished....but he had no time reading it...
Old 2011-10-04, 20:01   Link #2208
blitz1/2

Sent to Eratas the new draft with my opinion.

Correcting chapter 9 for Sacred twins.

Old 2011-10-04, 20:10   Link #2209
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Sent to Eratas the new draft with my opinion.

Correcting chapter 9 for Sacred twins.
HOO HAH!

Currently recharging GN Particle while writing authorfic.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:39   Link #2210
blitz1/2

Quote:
HOO HAH!

Currently recharging GN Particle while writing authorfic.
I forgot to make the title for chapter 9. I just emailed you the chapter.

Old 2011-10-04, 21:05   Link #2211
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And thus, ZeroXSEED & Blitz1/2 announced

INFINITE STRATOS SACRED TWINS
CHAPTER 9: HEARTS OF THE GENTLEMEN
Old 2011-10-04, 21:34   Link #2212
Eratas123

How do you write a fight scene in first person view?

3rd Pov:

Ichika yelled and charged towards the muscular man, seemingly uncaring of his physical disadvantage.

1st Pov:

I yell in rage and charge towards the muscular man, ignoring the fact that he was obviously stronger than me.

Are these correct?
Old 2011-10-04, 22:13   Link #2213
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
75% of the world are ISpers? What? Did Ichika bang most of the worlds population or something?

Never doubt his ability to build a harem.

Jokes aside, turning the whole world into ISpers with IS was part of the Tabane plan. Or at least I think its part of her plan. I mean... Look at Ichika's mind-melds.

Quote:
Irish WAS a terrorist early in the story, I'm already done with chapter 4 and once chapter 5-6 hits he'll be beaten and forcibly detained by FRACTURE. Instead of killing him they'll give him a chance at freedom: Do missions for them and they'll let him and his teammates go and have a second chance at life. FRACTURE itself is an organization that makes sure that the IS can never be abused by one country and avoid a war. The problem is Irish's pathological hatred of the IS screwing over his mission priorities
Oops. For a second there I mixed his entire history up.

Quote:
The biggest part of Irish's story is how he grows to accept that the first impression he received from the IS pilots he first saw as a child doesn't apply to all the IS pilots in the story itself, considering the fact that his partner is an IS pilot then if he doesn't improve over the story then he'll be dead before I reach the halfway mark
Guess you can have Karon play a role in that.

Quote:
What are your theories on how IS are formed and how does this prevent Irish's backstory from happening? I'm very curious about it.
They are mainly built in large assembly lines with controlled vacuum chambers that mag-lev a nascent core allowing it to form without interaction with the environment, and thus being more receptive to being shaped into the manufacturer's choosing after the Black Box is created. The best cores are made in space in completely shielded facilities where radiation can not reach. The best best cores are produced in areas of complete and utter isolation, from everything even gravity. The Pangawan Utopia Langrange Point Facility is the closest approximation to such a place, and it run by Tabane and the spacenoids.

So making them in a workshop in the middle of a cave doesn't work. But its just my theory extrapolating from the concept of making a Black Box device like an IS core.

Quote:
I said that he was abused by pilots and forced to do manual labor in camps, I never said that they were using cores made by Tabane did I? Thats what he's gonna be trying to prevent in his portion of the story.
I see... Then he's more likely to run into Shooting Star who are hunting these Tau Cores as well.

Quote:
Also, Irish isn't Misogynistic, He thinks that if both genders could use the machine it would end up in more conflict while if only men could use the machine then the exact same thing would happen only with the opposite gender instead (He isn't very Idealistic is he?). He believes that the Infinite Stratos should be destroyed and not the pilot themselves, you'll see this once I post chapter 4 and 5.
I see polar arguments. One side showing that if IS and ISpers are everything there will not be war, and then the other side seeing war in the exact same things. There's no easy answer to this... Nice for drama!

Quote:
Karon lives on the moon!? I thought she lived in singapore? how the hell is she on the moon?

I mixed up the characters. She's born and raised on Singapore Island; Riselle and Ginjyo were from Singapore Metropolis, the 3 lunar colonies. The latter 2 were created by a crack author who said that "during the turmoil of White Knight, Singapore Island was destroyed and everyone was evacuated to the Shinonono/ST Engineering Lunar Base."

I then expanded it to:

"Fast forward to the present. It has been 6 years since the White Knight incident, and almost a decade since IS was first proposed. 10 years of research and coping with limited resources, plus a rise of strife within Asia, and yet she produced the first functioning space colony complete with former fantasies like near-Earth environments, forcefields and artificial gravity. Singapore pulled off another miracle like herself half a century ago."

This paragraph details what the 3 cities are:

The current I-type AI was born on the Moon, Sector D-3, at Metropolis-3, a giant colony the size of Western Australia carved into the moon’s crust beneath Mare Insularum. As per protocol, it was transferred to the industrial city Metropolis-2 at Crater Copernicus for stress testing, before being moved to Metropolis-1 at Erasthostenes, the seat of Three Diagram’s computer core. It was part of a handful of IS sent down to Singapore Island for the annual ISA trials held by the National Cadet Corps (Commando).

The bold names are actual lunar features. If you look to the moon, its one of the big gray spots always facing Earth.

I also modified that author's fanon that the Island was not destroyed in the turmoil, but is gradually being depopulated to be turned into an orbital elevator. Karon will be one of the last Singaporeans born on the island.

Quote:
I'm gonna be merging a crapton of original OC's later so far I have: Kyuukai Tokiwa (Combat engineer/soldier) from Heart of the machine, Class 1-2 (Batshit insane classroom) from the animesuki forums, and possibly <Ren> (axe crazy ninja) from wavehawks fic. Gonna have to find a way to merge all canons without breaking the universe.

I'm also gonna focus most on Talia L. Curious (Sadistic artificial human girl) and Gou Karon (ISper). I'll focus on the rest of the class as well. Like I said, that class is chock full of enemies for the three males

In my fic Ichika won't be an ISper, will that be alright with you? I have a reason for this since I already made a dark background for him, if you read chapter three and read his dream sequence you can probably figure it out
No complaints here. After all, I made the ISper thing up based on his voice-actor (Banagher Links) and those Newtype Reactions, nothing solid. So go ahead, mine's an effectively standalone universe made from the crack that used to exist in this thread.

Quote:
Is it possible for me to change character traits of characters to fit in with the canon I'm using? For example: A Karon who grew up knowing about the IS war or her just being a regular student enjoying life with her older brother?
I'd settle for the former. She'd probably hear of the war from her brother (He's a fighter pilot for the Metroid Spacey) but chooses to believe that it was just IS being misused rather than IS being inherently bad. The latter breaks the Nii-nii! set-up she has with Ichika.

Quote:
I'm not going to use crack fanon anymore, not the one Babylon have at least
Not expecting you to. This was distilled from the even more insane crack of Armored Core x Infinite Stratos x GINGA BISHOUNEN which kicked the thread off!

So while I think its a tad more tame, I recognize I crammed in as many Gundam shoutouts as I could because the author started it.
Old 2011-10-04, 22:26   Link #2214
blitz1/2

Quote:
How do you write a fight scene in first person view?

3rd Pov:

Ichika yelled and charged towards the muscular man, seemingly uncaring of his physical disadvantage.

1st Pov:

I yell in rage and charge towards the muscular man, ignoring the fact that he was obviously stronger than me.

Are these correct?
Kind of.

I guess I'll throw in an example.

3rd person view.

With careful precision, Ichika drew out his Yukihira and slashed across the enemy across the chest, the enemy recoiled and kicked the Byaku Shiki in the chest.

1st person

"Take this!" I activated the Yukihira, with my intended target staring straight at me. I slashed horizontally, heavily grazing her chest. She snarled at me. Not good...

She recovered faster than I thought.

I felt the harsh impact as the enemy kicked me in the chest.

Old 2011-10-04, 23:18   Link #2215
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Crap. Shit.

In Singapore, our main defense technology manufacturer is ST Engineering. It was also used as a producer for much of the equipment used by Metroids in the old fanon when Malaysians and Singapores were dominant. That influence carries on in SISTER (Singapore Infinite Stratos Technologies EngineeRing) in the current incarnation as a subsidiary of STE.

You know ST also stands for? Shinonono Tabane.

*fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez*
Old 2011-10-04, 23:36   Link #2216
Eratas123

@Blitz- Thank You! This should help a lot in the scene rewriting later.

@Meister- I'll mention Karons home being changed into a space ladder or something later in the story.

Is Karon perverted or have any boys love fangirl tendencies at all? If she is then I can add some humor between her and Irish since he's sexually clueless and when he crosdresses he looks like this (just change the eye color from red to yellow):

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...swap-gun-hair_

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...enderswap-hair

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...oker-convenien

I'll probably have Karon and Irish act like some kind snarky brother sister pair throughout the story, his planned romance is with someone else. Is it okay for them to act like this?

How did Karon come to meet Ichika and get attached to him? I can include this later.

Is she friends with everyone in her class? Does she have any enemies?

I plan to change the ISper concept so that she's naturally empathic even outside the suit and borderline psychic when she's in one.

Karon works for a T.V show right? Do they know her civilian status or is it kept a secret?

How adept is she in live combat? Is she willing to kill people to get the job done or never kills anyone at all?

Does she have any combat capabilities outside of the chassis? If she does then where did she learn them?

Other than terrorists are there other things that really bother her or irk her?

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-05 at 02:11.
Old 2011-10-05, 02:02   Link #2217
DarkJak2050

Guys, I've been wondering...

What city does IS Academy reside in?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 02:10   Link #2218
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Guys, I've been wondering...

What city does IS Academy reside in?
It's on an artificial island with the only way to reach it being a monorail connecting the two places. This is why it looks more technologically advanced than anything else when they're outside.
Old 2011-10-05, 02:21   Link #2219
DarkJak2050

Quote:
It's on an artificial island with the only way to reach it being a monorail connecting the two places. This is why it looks more technologically advanced than anything else when they're outside.
I know the entire Academy's an artificial island and it can only be reached by monorail.

I mean, what's the closest city to IS Academy?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 03:13   Link #2220
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First Review in Sacred Twins

Spoiler for Hayabusa Lin lazy to log in:

Spoiler for my reaction:

I owe Blitz, MeisterBabylon, and Eratas for your effort helping me achieve the plan.

@ Darkjak

The closest town to I.S. Academy? Odaiba. Tokyo. As Shown in Episode 9 during the shopping scene...

Spoiler for Real Place:

Fun thing, Odaiba ALSO an Artificial Island (it used to be a war fortress). In Sacred Twins, Ichika's hometown is located 'somewhere' in rural area of Tokyo.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-10-05 at 05:15.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest