AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 04:10   Link #961
Jimmy C

That's that. I haven't watched them, so what kind of impact did Mewmew, Shugo Chara and Kaleido that lands them in your Top 9?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 00:21   Link #962
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That's that. I haven't watched them, so what kind of impact did Mewmew, Shugo Chara and Kaleido that lands them in your Top 9?
Apart from that I watched it, and enjoyed it? Not much I guess.

The difficulty of this line-up was either to include all of them, or group them into genres (parody, combining, technology, musical, sentai, rider, etc) and pick one.

The problem with the former was that there were way more than 10 magical girl series to include, whereas the latter had too few.

So what I did was trawl the web for top 10 magical girl lists and this was what I ended up with. But I think its quite poorly made at the same time, which was why I wanted to come to this thread and seek help.

However, while making this post, I think if I just drop Decade from her name, I can solve my problem, since the phone mechanic allows Carrera to achieve more forms than usual.

So let's say if I go for Maji de Majikaru no Mahou Shoujo Union Carrera! I can incorporate more magical girls that way and leave out the clunky Decade system.

I'm sure the same thoughts must have gone through the director's minds when they changed Cure Union into Cure Echo.
Old 2013-05-11, 05:58   Link #963
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

After watching a few Doctor Who episodes and see some of the scenes...

I want to do a story where Vivio meets The Doctor...
Wonder how TSAB react to him. And wonder how The Doctor will react to TSAB.

Doctor: Time-Space Administration Bureau... or it's Space-Time Administration Bureau... TSAB or STAB. Hmm... [Sonics a TSAB Warship] With your technology you guys should be Dimensional Administration Bureau... and you guys seem to be like a tamer version of the Shadow Proclamation.
Old 2013-06-04, 15:19   Link #964
BeastsLair's Fraggle

for those still interested: the latest chapter of Mahou Senki Lyrical day( the rewrite)

IV: Our dreams and feelings cannot be conveyed?
BeastsLair's Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 00:50   Link #965
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsLair's Fraggle View Post
for those still interested: the latest chapter of Mahou Senki Lyrical day( the rewrite)

IV: Our dreams and feelings cannot be conveyed?
great chapter, i love it
Old 2013-06-05, 19:00   Link #966
Laevatein

My friends at Mecha Workshop Melbourne put me onto Girls Und Panzer, and one line from episode 10 in particular stuck out: "You're a strange person. You make friends with everyone you fight."

Nanoha/Girls Und Panzer, anyone?
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 08:32   Link #967
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
My friends at Mecha Workshop Melbourne put me onto Girls Und Panzer, and one line from episode 10 in particular stuck out: "You're a strange person. You make friends with everyone you fight."

Nanoha/Girls Und Panzer, anyone?
You are not alone.

However, I don't see how this even works beyond "this universe's Takamachi Nanoha is a teacher at Kurorimine."

Which fucking works to hell and back again!!
Old 2013-06-08, 08:51   Link #968
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Wouldn't that work better with her being a teacher at Ourai? Given how Kuro's a school full of elitists who've lost sight of how valuable friendship is.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 12:01   Link #969
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wouldn't that work better with her being a teacher at Ourai? Given how Kuro's a school full of elitists who've lost sight of how valuable friendship is.
I think it's even more reason to send Nanoha as trainer to Kromorimine - to teach those girl already forgotten feeling of true companionship.

BTW, it could be nice idea for continue from where GuP anime ended. After losing to Oorai Shiho and Maho decide to try another approach to Tankery and find an interesting rookie trainer with unorthodox ideas.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-08, 15:24   Link #970
Laevatein

And something tells me Nanoha would enjoy befriending people via tank.

(Also, Miho and Fate could bond over their mothers)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 14:53   Link #971
Gx Hero
Rambler

I been wondering and sorry if this is out of place, but what about Negima Nanoha I mean there are multiple possibilities for such fanfictions given the cast of charecters, personalities and more.

Heck one idea I have toyed with and am still having trouble setting up is Vivio X Negi.

Or two other ideas is to replace class 2-a with Nanoha characters magic or not with negi still as the teacher.

2 idea have Yunno as negi in the story and mesh concepts from both nanoha and negima into one universe. THis should include Chrono replacing kotaru some how.

Heck what would Nanoha's artifact be

Agian first post. sorry for rambling .
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 23:25   Link #972
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
One teacher doesn't make a school. And also, I can see her mentoring Miho while she was there.

I also subscribe to the view that Nanoha's so damn good the school overlooks her magical friendship tendencies. And on the other hand, her character might just be the kind that sticks around to change the world around her from within (BetrayerS). It might just be the Bernkastel fan in me, but I always believed Nanoha is a lot more sociopathic than she lets on, choosing to wear a smile to manipulate everyone into doing her bidding, legally obtaining enormous power to pulverize for friendship, drinking in the sheer adrenaline rush of almost killing her opponents then have them falling at her feet in awe and praise, all while being delightfully oblivious to the sense of overkill.

Going by the GuP anime ending, Nanoha the Successful Sociopath succeeds. Rule of Two included, even.
Old 2013-07-30, 06:50   Link #973
Gx Hero
Rambler

Never liked the BetrayerS manga, or Drama for that manner where they go to war like that. As For the crossover I was referring to how Negi is and how Nanoha would protect him, or fall in love with him. But you are right she would stick around to save the world from within.

As for Yunno he can do the same thing as negi being blind sighted by the goal or the need to do something after all in the first season he was trying to get the jewel seeds by himself even before he tried to convince nanoha it was to dangerous for her to join him in the search.

Besides Yunno looking for his father and the incedents that strike up between the charecters like SUbaru and tenna. Yunno accidently turning into a ferret and having to get away. No the secrete to NEgima is that tunnel vission teacher who dosen't know how to handle things, and a hilarious class. Heck how would Yunno do with evagiline's training, or her coming after him.

Of course this is my oppinion. But still think about Yunno with so many pactio's with the rest of the female cast. (HEhehe)

Let war die and hilarity reign supreme.
Old 2013-07-30, 07:41   Link #974
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I don't think you two are on the same wavelength. One talks about Girls un Panzers, the other Negima.
Old 2013-07-31, 15:54   Link #975
Gx Hero
Rambler

Probaly right about that, and after talks with Moczo the idea probaly wouldn't work given vivio's personality, unless you ignore it from vivid.
Then agian if you ignore a pairing it could work given Negi's family tree, desendant from mage of beggingings, and vivio clone of a sankt Kaiser, vand their thirst for knowledge.

Heck here is an idea negi taches at the Sankt church, granted it is a religious institue for the church would have to be ignored. Have the two form a freindship with Nanoha helping guiding them or something. and just for Laughs throw in the materials as students, maybe, for a laugh or two.

Idea two is negi Material cross over. Negi after the battle of aces game has to take care of them similar to F91's Fanfiction, forgot the title of it. Negi's personality on how to handle situations and the materials attitude would make for some great humor.

Idea three a story using Negima x Stern pairing.

Agian sorry for rambling
Old 2013-07-31, 16:55   Link #976
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

A small one. I wanna see Cypha meeting Deadpool, he'll be ecstacied with her Divider xD

Deadpool: I dual wield both swords and guns ...but you lady wield a nice pair of babes that are BOTH swords AND guns, i think i fell in LOVE XD!

Cypha: The fuck you're saying o_O!?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 23:57   Link #977
Justin_Brett

You really think the first thing Deadpool would do to Cypha isn't make fun of everything about her?

"Seriously, we have a story arc going on right now of pitting teenagers against each-other in fights to the death, and I think you're trying too hard. And why the hell is your boss like, ten?"
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 22:11   Link #978
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Its not Deadpool if he doesn't push the manga page divider aside to make his cell bigger and have a Nyantype bath scene centerfold all to himself.
Old 2013-08-06, 23:17   Link #979
Destinyzero

Hm... Can anyone help with this problem, if I may ask?

Was in the works of a Persona 3/Nanoha crossover with some ideas about the story, but my mind keeps arguing with my muse among the types of attacks that the MGLN cast use, or rather, their properties.

In my case, it's usually concerning Nanoha's spell, Divine Shooter, Divine Buster, Starlight Breaker, and the Shoot Barett.

My mind keep saying that the Shoot and Shooter are pierce, but there's also argument that they're more of blunt.

Divine Buster/Starlight Breaker though made me dizzy, keep thinking it as either Blunt or an almighty type.

...Sorry, my mind tends to think too much. But I do appreciate it if you guys could help.
Destinyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 01:35   Link #980
Justin_Brett

Why are you asking what properties spells would have when that only applies to physical attacks in 3?

And obviously Nanoha's spells are Almighty, duh.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote